Argentina - Croatia, Thursday, 7pm BST

GunmaN1905

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

It would be criminal if this Argentine team somehow weaseled their way to the Round of 16.

they barely managed to qualify to this WC. With team like this there is no way Messi can make some miracle...

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

It would be criminal if this Argentine team somehow weaseled their way to the Round of 16.

True. But Iceland actually need to win a game for it to out of Argentine hands. They may win a game, indeed it would be awesome if they did, but it's far from certain.

4 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

True. But Iceland actually need to win a game for it to out of Argentine hands. They may win a game, indeed it would be awesome if they did, but it's far from certain.

Ignore that!

Just now, Weezer said:

Argentina need to win a game too though, and that's a big ask for this bunch of chancers.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win a game, but that's a different equation to them already being essentially out :brock:

Plus Nigeria were bloody woeful in the first game...

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Has Messi ever had a good game in a WC? 

I don't think so. And that's why I can't consider him for GOAT. If you really are the best footballer of all time you show up at major tournaments (if that opportunity is afforded to you, something Messi has had plenty of times)

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Has Messi ever had a good game in a WC? 

I mean he was voted player of the tournament 4 years ago tbf...

I seem to remember that being a bit undeserved but I'm sure he must have at least had some good games in that tournament :D.

Oh dear Argentina :D

Just now, Heartwork said:

I don't think so. And that's why I can't consider him for GOAT. If you really are the best footballer of all time you show up at major tournaments (if that opportunity is afforded to you, something Messi has had plenty of times)

Which he did last tournament...

Archived