Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

@Peter Schlemil

I'm no editor guru, and its been a few years since I've done anything with "academies", but I think the answer is Yes you can.

Your best bet is to try it yourself and test it out and see what happens. Some things to note though;

• If the academy is going to be in a playable league, I think there used to be issues with them signing players they shouldn't, so that might need testing
  • FM 19 editor I think has changed some things with how teams like this are handled so it might be worth looking at how a current acedemy like Clairefontaine is handled.
  • If your expecting the Cypriot academy to produce a lots of World class newgens, They might be restricted by fact they based in Cyprus, a country that doesn't usually produce many good players . So you might want to look at the nation settings for Cyprus and make some changes there.
  • If in your post IRL = In real life, then that academy might already be in the Database and you just need to set up the affiliation.
  • Setting up the academy has an amateur team, means Everton will not have any advantage signing their players, because there are no contracts and anybody can come and offer a player a contract at anytime. However setting up the affiliation so "Help with facilities" is selected (I think) will increase the chance of Cypriot newgens being in Evertons intake.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to unretire squad numbers that have been retired by a selected club? It has always bugged me that Inter Milan has retired the shirt number 4 and 3 and I really would like to be able to assign my players with those respective numbers. I can’t find anything in the editor to unretire the shirt numbers. I’m probably just not looking in the right place. Can someone please direct me to the correct location so that I can change it so that all squad numbers are able to be assigned to players. 

Thank you. 

Trying to get back into the swing of things, I haven't really played about with the editor since FM14. I haven't been at it too long so chances are this is something obvious.

Anyway I'm revamping the Irish league system, my new systems basically runs:

Premier league ---> First Division ---> Second Division ---> Regional Level 3( consisting of 3 sub divisions) ---> Regional Level 4( consisting of another 3 divisions directly connected to their Level 3 counter parts).

Below that is another league that I haven't added into the rules as I don't really want it playable but still want to have teams for the cups and a place that teams can get relegated too/promoted from. I was sure this was how I did it in FM 14 but in 19 I am getting a Custom league Error stating that "Teams should not be relegated from Irish Level 4 as there is no division below it." Do I have to add this league too and make sure it runs smoothly too. I was sure last time you could have an inactive league below so teams sill move up and down.

Hi guys. Is anybody having issues verifying data? My tests all run successfully, but the editor doesn't clear the not verified flag. 

When starting a new game, the nations have exclamation mark icons in FM, but the leagues can still be added and they run fine over multiple seasons.

1 hour ago, DementedHammer said:

Hi guys. Is anybody having issues verifying data? My tests all run successfully, but the editor doesn't clear the not verified flag. 

When starting a new game, the nations have exclamation mark icons in FM, but the leagues can still be added and they run fine over multiple seasons.

Don't worry. Whatever the issue was it has now been resolved and it is working correctly.

Are DDT Files still a thing?

Now that Hailsham Town have been relegated to Step 6, the usual method of retaining players by selecting 'Southern Combination League' in the custom setup doesn't work, as they are counted as 'Lower Leagues'. Is there an easy way of retaining players without changing the division in the editor?

Cheers.

• SI Staff
38 minutes ago, displaced_seagull said:

Are DDT Files still a thing?

Yes.

Use:

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" 8325050

I don't think club names in between quotation marks are supported anymore.

Forcing Hard Brexit via the Editor?

Hi 

I've had a look at the advanced rules editor and found the Brexit page.

It looks fairly simple to force Brexit, but how would I force a hard brexit?

A limit of 17 foreign players is still a bit 'soft' for me?

I believe last season it went to a limit of 3? How can I force this in the editor? 

If I set an U23 team under Reserve Teams to Create, and check the not used (so there is no U23 team for now), will the game make me add it later in the save when I climb up the ranks? Making a team at level 9, and don't want to add the financial stress of it for the team yet. This seems to be the only way to make the game not force one into creation when starting a save.

Hey guys...

this is driving me crazy...so I basically changed everything I wanted but when I start a new game the club name remains the same!

When I create a new game I made sure the data file is selected, it should work or am I missing something?

d9vC2Fjw_t.jpg Ryv5LUUb_t.jpg L24RJ41V_t.jpg

EDIT:

never mind, fixed it, had the FM18 Club Names.lnc fix in data\database\db\1830\lnc\all :)

Edited by NeJebi
solved

Is there a way to increase transfers in a custom nation rules? Both between teams and from teams outside the nation.

I made a reworked Irish league system, and I am applying the finishing touches to it before starting a long term save but there is a lack of paid transfers in the whole league system. I understand that the bottom 2 tiers are amateur teams so I don't expect many transfer records to be broken there. I've added more money into the leagues with larger prize pools in the leagues and cups as well as some TV money.  When I take over top teams after 5-10 years holidaying some have £1-3mil to spend  but there are rarely more that a handful of paid transfers over 500k in a season and the majority of them are English teams buying out of the league.

Bonus Question.

If I have everything set up the way I want in basic rules, then swap to Advance Rules to change 1 small thing will that mess with any settings or am I good to assume everything is still the way basic rules had them. I want to add relegation from my bottom tier to a non-playable league which doesn't seem doable in basic rules.

Edited by CurnRaisin

Hi, does anyone know how to change the maximum number of teams in a League? I've already changed it under Stages in Advanced Rules and I feel like I'm missing one of the places you need to go to to edit it. Using the FM18 Editor... 

Hello,

I have two questions:

1) How can I forbid Champions League for an Italian club for the season 19/20 due to financial problems (yes, I am a bit crazy)?

2) I would like to make an "Italixit", so I just wrote in the information than the accord with EU ends by 2019. Is it enough? What will happen?

Hello everyone,

The Brazilian teams are not registered correctly, the teams names, kits and colors are wrong. The players, staffs and facilities are all correct, although.

I made the corrections with the editor, but I can't load them into the game, no option for it appears. I've never used the editor before.

Can anyone help me?

Can you change nr of homegrown players required in a league with the ingame editor once your save has already started? (thinking about doing this for the Belgian league as long as the issue with recognizing homegrown players is not resolved)

I want to start editing my '19 version of the US soccer pyramid but have never started so early in a release. Would I be wasting my time starting this early since there'll be several new db patches, or is there a way to start editing a db and then migrate the changes to a new patch?

EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Edited by sargenaldo
addendum

1 hour ago, sargenaldo said:

I want to start editing my '19 version of the US soccer pyramid but have never started so early in a release. Would I be wasting my time starting this early since there'll be several new db patches, or is there a way to start editing a db and then migrate the changes to a new patch?

EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

bigger projects and edits (especially in advanced rules) are not recommended, due to bugs in editor. Many people have given up, including claasen.

12 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

bigger projects and edits (especially in advanced rules) are not recommended, due to bugs in editor. Many people have given up, including claasen.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Looks like I'll hold off on starting then. Thanks.

I'm looking to import a retro database I've been working on since the FM17 editor onto the new FM 19 editor (I'm gonna import it to FM18 first).

Is there any way I can select multiple players and bring their date of birth forward by two years?

In case anybody doesn't understand my question:

For example if there was 3 players with the following DOB's:

3-5-1986

6-12-1993

2-5-1998

I'd want to select all three and bring them forward to 1988, 1995 and 2000 

Or do I have to manually do it player by player?

Thank you.

So I'm in the process of trying to create a fictional African nation, and I'm having trouble getting qualification spots in the African continental club competitions. The nation I replaced (South Sudan) didn't naturally have any qualification spots, and I'm not sure how to create them manually. I've been trying to figure it out by messing around in the advanced rules editor, but nothing is working so far. So if anyone knows how to get that working and can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: I ended up just giving up and replacing a different nation that already had qualification spots. Not sure if what I was originally trying to do is even possible in the FM19 Editor

Edited by joltage
update

Not sure where to ask and don't think it warrants a thread. But I have a couple of questions. 

How exactly is Attraction affecting anything? I remember around a decade ago a player didn't want to move to my club because my town was somewhat terrible, but I see that most capitals in the world have a 20 and then it goes down, while some major cities also have 20. Is this 20 an objective figure, or does it become relevant only after you take into account league's and country's reputation and other things? And is it only a comparison figure within the borders of a nation? So essentially, what does having attraction of 20 mean in countries like Serbia, Belarus and Finland compared to France, England and Spain? It shouldn't be comparable, right?

The other question is about club reputation. How exactly does this change? Are there parameters in place that we are aware of or is it just part of the coding?

I have two questions that are not really related:

I would like to manage a club in Ireland, but to make it more interesting or challenging, the club shouldn't be allowed (by its own rules) to sign players with nationalities outside UK and Ireland. Just like Athletic with Basque and Chivas Guadalajara with Mexican players. How would one handle this in the editor or has it to be hardcoded? - Would it be possible to also restrict the number of "foreign" players in the team to three?

Can someone please explain in detail what all the affiliation options mean or how they work ingame? What does "help with facilities" exactly mean?

When trying to schedule cup dates is there an easy "Avoid Clashes With" box or do I just have to manually set the dates to avoid internationals? If so is there a list of international dates to avoid?

7 hours ago, Peter Schlemil said:

I have two questions that are not really related:

I would like to manage a club in Ireland, but to make it more interesting or challenging, the club shouldn't be allowed (by its own rules) to sign players with nationalities outside UK and Ireland. Just like Athletic with Basque and Chivas Guadalajara with Mexican players. How would one handle this in the editor or has it to be hardcoded? - Would it be possible to also restrict the number of "foreign" players in the team to three?

Can someone please explain in detail what all the affiliation options mean or how they work ingame? What does "help with facilities" exactly mean?

It is hardcoaded you can however edit the nation rules you can  put in squad rules so that x amount of players in your league or match day squad are home grown, you could give your self something like 15 players must be homegrown in nation or what you ask a maximum of 3 foreign players in match day squad, or league squad. These will apply to all teams in the league/cup. As for your other questions I'm not 100% on them.

I've been thinking about editing a dB for the first time, and I am wondering if it is possible to have a competition capped at a certain age. ie an Under 16 competition where those over 16 at the start of the season go into the reserve team. Is it possible @KUBI?

Edited by nhptfke

Just checking Fm19 editor, if there was any update to Failed Changes screen (none).

When I was checking one of the club details i saw this in the detail screen, just above the "Year Founded":

1528830757_Screenshot2018-11-11at20_48_59.thumb.png.f9c17b95c6a77e6b2b53447dc0f982ee.png

What does exactly does and what exactly affects inside the game? Does also affect the kits? What is exactly the idea behind this?

Edited by grade

11 hours ago, grade said:

Just checking Fm19 editor, if there was any update to Failed Changes screen (none).

When I was checking one of the club details i saw this in the detail screen, just above the "Year Founded":

1528830757_Screenshot2018-11-11at20_48_59.thumb.png.f9c17b95c6a77e6b2b53447dc0f982ee.png

What does exactly does and what exactly affects inside the game? Does also affect the kits? What is exactly the idea behind this?

kits are kits, these colors change only 'letter colors' and their background on team screen.

I seem to have forgotten how to do something really simple.

In the nation rules in the basic editor, if I click on Divisions > [Sub Division Name]  > Sub Divisions, I get the list of sub divisions displayed in a table on the right hand pane. However, if I click the Add button to add another competition to the sub division, the Belgian Pro A league always gets added, and I can see no way to modify this to the competition of my choosing.  

image.thumb.png.80c821e77cc6ae772091b2b3c387ebcd.png

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DementedHammer:

I seem to have forgotten how to do something really simple.

In the nation rules in the basic editor, if I click on Divisions > [Sub Division Name]  > Sub Divisions, I get the list of sub divisions displayed in a table on the right hand pane. However, if I click the Add button to add another competition to the sub division, the Belgian Pro A league always gets added, and I can see no way to modify this to the competition of my choosing.  

image.thumb.png.80c821e77cc6ae772091b2b3c387ebcd.png

The Belgian A league is just the first in the db and is added by default. You need to select it and then you can change it. 

4 hours ago, KUBI said:

The Belgian A league is just the first in the db and is added by default. You need to select it and then you can change it. 

Stupid question number 2, but where/how do I select it to change it? That's the bit that I can't seem to figure out. It should be so simple, so I must be overlooking something. 

Edited by DementedHammer