Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Apologies if someone has already asked this... How do you remove Everton's 10 point penalty? I know that it is necessary to do it in advanced rules, but I don't know exactly in which part...
Thank you!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have no clue what to do. I've moved Pep, Klopp & Simeone to non-league clubs for a series I'm doing on YouTube. That's all went well. But I want to make sure they last the length of the series so I want them stuck at the clubs I've sent them to. I thought I'd figured it out by giving them all future transfers to the top 3 highest-rep Saudi clubs in 2100. But when loading the database (which has some extra databases loaded such as name fixes and a level 10 English database) it says they haven't got future transfers to the Saudi clubs arranged. I've tinkered with the database such as changing the date they move to the clubs and removing the current managers of the Saudi clubs but nothing works. I'm kinda stumped! Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, SamuraiHex said:

Hi, I have no clue what to do. I've moved Pep, Klopp & Simeone to non-league clubs for a series I'm doing on YouTube. That's all went well. But I want to make sure they last the length of the series so I want them stuck at the clubs I've sent them to. I thought I'd figured it out by giving them all future transfers to the top 3 highest-rep Saudi clubs in 2100. But when loading the database (which has some extra databases loaded such as name fixes and a level 10 English database) it says they haven't got future transfers to the Saudi clubs arranged. I've tinkered with the database such as changing the date they move to the clubs and removing the current managers of the Saudi clubs but nothing works. I'm kinda stumped! Any help would be appreciated.

Managers can't have future transfers set. Very rare in real life, also imagine you went somewhere and won everything only to get replaced by someone who had it arranged ahead of time? :lol: Or got canned the day before the final for someone with that future transfer set?

What about that box under their contract for "will retire after current deal" or whatever it is? Also give them huge wages, favoured club set to the non-league team, and maybe loyalty to 20?

On 07/03/2024 at 07:05, Youri23 said:

Is there a way to close the winter transfer period so that both my club and all other clubs cannot buy and sell players?

I've already tried the in-game editor but I can't find an option that helps me.

Kind regards

Remove the equivalent to this entry. In advanced rules, under nation/transfers:

Spoiler

Untitled-2.thumb.png.4b7afb186ca4cda173f651c944dd374a.png

On 07/03/2024 at 02:59, Oram95 said:

Is there any way for me to change, in the editor, the kits that the teams use? Because I have noticed that even when playing at home, the game forces Hibs to wear their third kit against Celtic, but every other home match, they wear their home kit. Also, Celtic will wear their away kit against Hibs, at home, who are in their home kit. There's a section in the editor called 'Kit selection' but I can't do anything with it

Weird. Under "kit selection" does it show that they'll wear the third kit for those home games against Celtic? Try experimenting with that "other teams to check" box. Or I wonder if Celtic have licensed kits and that's programmed to always take priority

On 04/03/2024 at 03:09, Ampalaea4 said:

Hello. Is there a way to edit the number of available subs in a competition? Not just how many subs you can do during match but also how many subs can have available. Like friendly matches for example.. can you guide me how to do it? Thanks in advance!

In the advanced rules, under the competition itself, you'll have to set it for each stage. Substitution rules are in "league settings", and for cup rounds, "round defaults". Or if you wanna override that you can adjust it under each cup round "general"

Edited by themodelcitizen

On 07/03/2024 at 11:22, ivan1610 said:

Apologies if someone has already asked this... How do you remove Everton's 10 point penalty? I know that it is necessary to do it in advanced rules, but I don't know exactly in which part...
Thank you!

Have you loaded up England's rules? Rules/add nation rules/add lower divisions and cups to existing structure. Then convert to advanced rules. In the drop-down midway down the left panel ("Show Rules For:") pick the Prem. Stages/league settings. Then about halfway down you can see the box checked for points deductions and the entry for Everton. Either uncheck that box or remove the entry for Everton

Probably asked a bunch of times, but didn't have success with the search function. Created my own custom database with teams from US and Canada combined into a 12 tier pyramid, currently testing and hoping to eventually go in and flesh out the world by adding logos, uniforms, etc to all the bland teams, and then eventually add into UEFA comps down the road. One hopefully quick thing I'm trying to fix is that the teams awards are not showing after winning a competition (E.g., team wins the Championship but under competitions tab is say "No Honors Won"). Nothing obvious stands out in the editor on how to fix. Much appreciated for the help!

On 15/05/2023 at 02:44, anystroem said:

Everything seemed to be going just dandy until I got a really annoying error message: "Swedish Division 1 - Could not find rules for division with 44 teams."

I have gone through the [Advanced] rules, line by line, and adjusted anything that even remotely said 16 teams maximum (12 teams minimum) for the respective Div 1's, but I still get the same annoying message.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I've got a similar problem with my Canadian file. 

I'm making a database where I edit mostly of the European Countries and their leagues, and for that, I need multiple files. My question is, do I need to have all the files with the same changes or every file will have only the changes he needs?

On 16/03/2024 at 06:32, RazorITA said:

I'm making a database where I edit mostly of the European Countries and their leagues, and for that, I need multiple files. My question is, do I need to have all the files with the same changes or every file will have only the changes he needs?

The latter is fine.

I'd generally advise to keep things separate if possible. So if you do a file for Italy that should have all the Italy changes and nothing else, while your other files should have nothing at all for Italy. Easier to avoid clashes that way.

I'm trying to use the editor to change the type of affiliate agreement between clubs. I want to untick "Youth Players Training", but when I do it, nothing happens. The box remains ticked. In fact, I can't tick or untick any of the boxes for any of the options (Sharing Scouting Knowledge, Financial Help, etc.). 

Any ideas? Am I missing something? Screenshot below so you can see what I'm talking about...I can't tick or untick anything.

FMEditor.jpg

12 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Can anybody tell me how to create a combined table similar to how it appears in the MLS or point me in the direction of a thread that shows how?

Load up the MLS, see how they do it there, then copy that for your file.

13 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Load it up in advanced rules?

Yeah. Have a look at how it's done there.

Best way to find out how to do any kind of rules is to have a look at a similar competition to see how they do it.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yeah. Have a look at how it's done there.

Best way to find out how to do any kind of rules is to have a look at a similar competition to see how they do it.

Do I need to add the hidden stage? I basically copied the 'league' portion of the MLS, but it asks for dates when I try and verify the file. There are no dates in the MLS bit though.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I'm looking to add "Only sign homegrown players" to a nation ( or maybe the world if possible ) but I can't seem to find where I would set that up in the AR

Ok, this is kind of related to the thread that I have started here:

But this is more of an advanced rules question in general.

I have a 14 team division (BMSL D3) which plays out fine when testing..... For the first season. I then get an error similar to the one in the thread linked, but it says "division with 28 teams".

Upon looking at the teams in the division in question (BMSL D3) after testing in the editor, there are, for the second season, 28 teams registered. But, the extra 14 teams have come from different divisions. These are divisions that I have not yet added to my file in advanced rules. As an example, I have 'Portuguese Club of Vancouver' who play in the VMSL D3 showing as being in the BMSL D3 for the 2024 season, but the VMSL D3 is not yet in advanced rules and, as such, has no fixtures.

My question is this: If I add the rules for the remaining divisions at this level, would that then have any effect on the error as the teams would have a division with rules? I have tried adding the divisions one at a time, but I get the error mentioned.

On 20/03/2024 at 00:04, Jamie Aubrey said:

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I'm looking to add "Only sign homegrown players" to a nation ( or maybe the world if possible ) but I can't seem to find where I would set that up in the AR

I think that is in nation > information> Transfer Preferences. (I'm doing this from memory so not sure if thats the perfect path I've given you there). If you double click on the nation, the Information tab is under details. (ish 🥴)

Hello I have a question about finances. I'm trying to figure out how payroll budget is calculated. I created a new team but its payroll budget is far lower than other teams in the league, despite having more sponsorship and season ticket income. I want to increase the payroll budget so that I'm actually able to make transfers in the first season when I start my save.

Im having a little problem with editing Icelandic rules.
For some reason the rules are incorrect in the default database.
Rules that require teams to have 8 hg/team players in their squad and number restriction that are only editable by converting to advanced rules.
So i want to start in the season that is starting this april irl but when i start a new game with my edited rules the teams for this season is last seasons teams.
That does not happen when i start with the default database.

Is there anyone know what might cause this? 

Edited by Arnar
added info

On 01/04/2024 at 04:17, OptimusPrime said:

A competition I made is not showing up after loading it up in the game. I validated it before hand and it came up with no errors.

Check that it's added to the competitions list, the start/end/set-up dates are all correct and it meets any Requirements.

Some of those things can cause a competition to not even go through the verification process, hence no errors.

Hi,

How can I completely delete the competition bonus related to club transfers with the pre-game editor (FM24)? 
I can't even find such an option in the editor.
I want to start this career without the summer transfers and the "New world mode" always add those players to the team.

Of course I remove these players along with all the listed clauses.

fin.jpg

Edited by Kly

I only found one solution so far, choose a country with a start date before the first of july, then switch to the desired team.

Hey guys does have, or know how to remove all the squad/transfer rules? E.g brexit, limit in signing u21s, home grown player requirement for certain cups, work permit requirements etc 

i just want to sign/sell who I want regardless of their age or where they are born 

cheers :) 

Is there a limit to the number of changes you can make to kits? One of the teams I've created keeps getting given a third kit and the home and away keep getting changed back to blue and white respectively. This is becoming annoying as verifying the file takes ages.

When using editor files edited in the pre-update 24.30 database, player records are getting aggregated to a single player when creating players, and it doesn’t function correctly. Could you please explain how to select the pre-update 24.30 database?

If it is not possible to separate the aggregated edits, I would like to know how to revert the integrated edits and revive around 100 created players.

スクリーンショット 2024-04-10 142154.jpg

Under "Supporter profile" for a team, when setting the number for "expectations," does 20 mean the supporters have the highest expectations or does it mean they have the lowest expectations and are thus easily satisfied?

Hello there~

I'd like to designate certain high-school team(5703117) as U-18 team of FC Anyang(66029603).

I tried several times like this screenshot, but failed.

how can i do that? is there another way to do so?

1-1.png

does anybody else have problem with match rules in continental rules??

for example, i set number of U21 players in starting eleven, however that rule doesn't show in game (bug maybe?)