Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I saw that it's possible to change the flag of for example Zaire. I wanted to change the flag of the crimea, but the thing is, there is no flag. I tried to use the 3-letter-code CRM and saved it in the graphics folder (which I extracted first with the Archiver) but it didn't work. So is there a workaround for nations that have no flag yet?

Can anybody make Microesia a fully affiliated FIFA nation for me please? I really want to play a save trying to get them to qualify for the World Cup, and no matter what I try, I just can't get it working.

So I've set up custom leagues in England, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Germany and France. I set up a sort of Champions League and Europa to pull from these leagues. I seeded each team from the respective leagues that would feed into the Champions League and Europa league but no matter what I do, it's pulling the same teams for groups. For example, I have it pulling the top 2 teams of each lower league team. So the top two teams of the 4th league in Germany and Spain end up with the 4th seeds. I set the rules to only pull one team from each seed into each group to try and keep teams from the same leagues from being drawn together in the same group (like the Champions League). However, no matter what, the game puts both teams from the 4th league in Germany and Spain into the same group. I keep tinkering to try and find what is locking the two together to force it to do the exact opposite of my intent. It's doing the same for other groups too where it pulls the two teams qualified from the 2nd league in Germany to pair with the two teams qualified from the 2nd league in Italy. It's like taking both teams from one league and matching it with both teams from another league across the board and no matter what I change, it keeps doing it when I test it even though I have seedings set and rules for those seedings at the group stage. Any ideas?

Update: I removed all mentions of seeds from all sections of the Champions League and other competition like it to see if I could just get to randomize the draw to give me something else and it's still pulling the exact same teams. It has to be somewhere outside those competitions but I have no idea what I'm missing. 

Edited by woodwardm28
adding more info

Hello all, 

I've always liked careers that start and progress in a realistic manner, ie not being a Sunday league experience manager in the Premiership. I was wondering if it is possible to make the U23 and U18 leagues and cups and continental competitions playable so you could start out as a youth team manager and go on to bigger and better things, either with the club your at now (promotion from youth team manager to senior side) or going elsewhere. 

I know you can manage B teams in Spain and a few other countries, but I'm not sure how to go about it in England. 

I want to make it so English clubs cannot buy English players. I can't seem to figure it out though. I changed the registration rules so English players can't be registered for English competitions, but English teams are still signing English players even though they can't use them in the league. Does anyone have any advice?

Is it possible to activate the population tab when a new nation has been created? I have looked in the resource archiver and dissected the comp editor files but have found nothing in all the xml's to indicated the population tab in the overview screen of a nation. The population is always set to 0 in the game.

Em 28/12/2023 em 14:53, \'Appy \'Ammer disse:

Is it possible to activate the population tab when a new nation has been created? I have looked in the resource archiver and dissected the comp editor files but have found nothing in all the xml's to indicated the population tab in the overview screen of a nation. The population is always set to 0 in the game.

Don't have editor where. Do you know a version of the editor where it is possible to see population? Maybe coping some code can do the trick.

Edited by cleiria

6 minutes ago, cleiria said:

Do you know a version of the editor where it is possible to see population?

I've looked back at files and any that I've seen from the past have population of 0 for new nations. It must be possible to add a bit of code, but I'm not the man with the brains to do it!!

Hello, I'm working on a Dutch football database with the goal to integrate all reserve/"Jong"-teams from professional football clubs into the Dutch football pyramid in the same way it's done in real life. Or at least similar enough. The current situation sees a select amount of reserve teams already active in the football pyramid. The lowest level of the pyramid they're active on, is the third tier. The other pro clubs reserve teams are active in a separate reserve league, which has two divisions on its own. In real life, there's a pathway to the football pyramid for reserve teams; the champion of the top reserve league can take a spot in the 3rd tier-league by defeating the lowest-ranked reserve team in a two-legged tie (unless that team finishes dead last, then it's an automatic promotion/relegation, but that's a whole another story). I'm trying to recreate something similar to that in the editor; essentially a separate promotion/relegation ruling for specific teams within a league.

Ideally, I'd want to create a system where normal teams can get relegated from the third tier to the fourth tier of Dutch football, but reserve teams would get relegated to a specific competition exclusive to them.

It seems like a very specific thing to do, so if anyone has some tips or pointers, or knowledge on how to do this specific thing, I'm all ears. I'll continue to look around and try to figure it out on my own or with help from threads posted here or elsewhere, so I'm not asking because I want people to do the work for me.

On 28/12/2023 at 23:53, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

As far as I know it's hardcoded and can never be changed. People have even tried editing the population figures for cities/local regions to change it without success.

22 horas atrás, \'Appy \'Ammer disse:

I've looked back at files and any that I've seen from the past have population of 0 for new nations. It must be possible to add a bit of code, but I'm not the man with the brains to do it!!

I can make it visible in the editor, but for now, I can't make it editable.

Does anyone have any experience with editing referees? I need to add a few into the database I'm creating and just trying to gauge how much depth there is to them.

Is there much effect from their attributes? Can they get promoted/demoted through the leagues? How does their PA work, will they just eventually reach it after a certain amount of games? 

Appreciate any insight whatsoever into them because I know little to nothing.

Why aren't the simplest commands from the basic editor transferred to the advanced editor? No error message in the basic editor, but in the extended editor you suddenly can't find teams etc. That's ****!

4 hours ago, animal31 said:

Is anyone else unable to change the names of competitions?

Are you using a "real name fix"? Those override any changes you make in the editor.

4 hours ago, lpforlive said:

Why aren't the simplest commands from the basic editor transferred to the advanced editor? No error message in the basic editor, but in the extended editor you suddenly can't find teams etc. That's ****!

The basic editor doesn't test things properly, the advanced one does. If it can't find teams it's most likely due to your Required Teams page not being set up correctly. Annoyingly with FM24 the requirements for making teams extinct unless you explicitly say they are required are very low, which is what causes not enough teams to be found.

6 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Are you using a "real name fix"? Those override any changes you make in the editor.

Going to add on here but if you exit and re-load the game, when you reload the competition names will be of that from the editor, and not the real name fix.

Hi all, I have renamed a club to be in line with a host of satellite clubs I'm working on, yet on the game, the club name still says Sudeva Dehli rather than the new club name. Does anyone know why?

58 minutes ago, Rub Me said:

Hi all, I have renamed a club to be in line with a host of satellite clubs I'm working on, yet on the game, the club name still says Sudeva Dehli rather than the new club name. Does anyone know why?

Are you using a "real name fix"?

4 hours ago, Rub Me said:

I am but it's not an issue with any other of the clubs I have 'rebranded' just this paeticular one

That's almost certainly the issue though. If there isn't any changes in the fix file then it won't have an impact, I'd assume that's the case with all the other clubs you've used, if there are then it'll override whatever you've done in the editor. You can edit your fix file to delete the entry for that team, that'll solve it.

I am busy adding lower Welsh Leagues to the game and am struggling with some promotion and relegation between the 2nd and 3rd tier. The 2nd tier is already in the game, the Cymru North/South, and each of the two divisions relegates 3 teams. The 3rd Tier has 4 divisions, a NE, NW, SE, and SW, where the champions of each are promoted, NE and NW to Cymru North, and SE and SW to Cymru South. The second place teams in the NE and NW have a playoff for promotion to the Cymru North, and the same for the SE and SW second place teams for promotion into the Cymru South. If anyone could help, please let me know.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

That's almost certainly the issue though. If there isn't any changes in the fix file then it won't have an impact, I'd assume that's the case with all the other clubs you've used, if there are then it'll override whatever you've done in the editor. You can edit your fix file to delete the entry for that team, that'll solve it.

I'll give it a look tomorrow. Nice one. 

Hello!

Playing Southend United but I dont like the away colors (second kit). Is there a way to replace the away kit (second kit) with the home kit (first kit)? It's licensed kit so I cant edit it right away. (Dont wanna play the unlicensed version unless necessary)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Dreambuilder

21 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Where can I find this mate?

Hello, just discovered the pre-game editor for the first time and was wondering how I can edit a few of my local team in level 12 of the english football pyramid, I have downloaded a database that is down to level 12 and the teams I want to edit are there, I think you can load other custom databases into the pre game editor to tweak, I just don't know how I do this so I can edit teams and players  and finances to make it a bit more real. Any help is appreciated!

I've got multiple clubs using the same logo as my main club even though I have logos set for them in the config files. Is it because I've selected use same kits in the affiliate info?

So I've deduced it's something to do wth the the fact I've swapped one of the existing teams with a newly created team But I am not sure what is causing it to say it has 14 teams when my newly created team is in the league

What signifigance does the tickbox - 'Is Training Ground' have?

Because it seems like clubs can 'train' in any stadium even if they're not set as training grounds. While some also will have their academy stadiums set as training grounds (Man City) (Not 'Is Training Ground') while there are others who have their academy complex set as their training ground (Everton) ('Is Training Ground'). Some have none set.

Edited by DunneAndDusted

Hello, 

I have a competition with 8 divisions.

After the regular season ends the playoffs start and all teams that finished first play against those that finished second.

Do you know how I can achieve that those teams that have been in the same division are kept apart during the draw?

Hello Editor Hideaway,

I'm looking to create a promotion system between the top division of the Northern Irish league (sports direct premiership) and the bottom division of the Premier League (vanarama National league) perhaps throw a playoff between the relagating from vanarama and the top team from the Sport direct in Football Manager. Could you please guide me on adjusting the pre-game editor settings for this? Specifically, I need assistance with modifying the promotion settings for the Northern Irish league and the relegation settings for the Premier League.

Thank you!

hi,

I have created a new tournament, cup winners cup world. All worked out well, except for the dates. I selected specific dates in 2024 ( the dates of the conference league which i deleted). But in game, it sort of stated somewhere in july. 
Could someone explain how to set the dates so that they will be like the same dates as the conference league? 

Hi!

In France a lot of nations counts as an EU country. See list below (it's in swedish but I think you understand what I mean). Is it possible to edit this list to add/remove countries?

Wc4k5vk.png

8 hours ago, patrikholm said:

Hi!

In France a lot of nations counts as an EU country. See list below (it's in swedish but I think you understand what I mean). Is it possible to edit this list to add/remove countries?

Wc4k5vk.png

Yep, go here:

20240120062053_1.thumb.jpg.79036fdce1efe05536d64dc93c21659e.jpg

Then you can add\remove any nations you want from the list. Possible for other countries too, just search for them and go their Nations Treatest as EU (or Nations Treated as Non-Foreign for non-EU countries).

Yes. To do this, you'll have to create a hidden stage (or not) that takes the form of a league that brings together the teams from the two groups and takes all the teams' points into account.
I'll post you a screen shot as soon as I can.

@maltesefalcon

image.thumb.png.f846ee579df04e600cb1828c50d72605.png

image.thumb.png.82dff2467cde384f35832010cc930add.png

image.png.3947aeb17080c49e362bc5d97eaed663.png

image.thumb.png.f1bf15a140af1f58affb2130235a39e6.png

EDIT: On the last screen in the red box, don't pay any attention to the competition name (it's a test I used to do with extinct competitions).
Just enter your division.

Edited by Samuel77

hi, could anyone help me "reactivate" the unite the union champions cup, but with a new format featuring the first two teams of the NIFL Premiership and the first two of the airtricty league.

i'm new to the game so i have low knowledge about the editor

Edited by nahim888

Im not sure this is the correct place for this but if i use a custom database, lets say 98/99 do all the young talent also come through lie say rooney/fabergas/wilshire? Also if they do are their transfers arranged to replicate real life transfers that happened or are these players available for purchase? Apologies if in the wrong place...just have never used a retro db before Thanks

39 minutes ago, dannyo666 said:

Im not sure this is the correct place for this but if i use a custom database, lets say 98/99 do all the young talent also come through lie say rooney/fabergas/wilshire? Also if they do are their transfers arranged to replicate real life transfers that happened or are these players available for purchase? Apologies if in the wrong place...just have never used a retro db before Thanks

You'd have to ask the person who made that database, or at least people that have used it.

Depends entirely on how it was setup. By default the answer would be no, but it's definitely possible to add those things so they may well be there.

Do I have to go into AR to change the youth rating of a nation?
Trying to cause some stronger wonderkids from certain places and feel like I'm blind because I haven't found the option yet.

Also, does someone know whether Nation or Based Nation matters more for the intake of a club?

EDIT: NVM, I was just blind. It's under "Information" if you edit the nation. Second question still stands, so thank you in advance!

Edited by MRC