Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

On 02/10/2023 at 11:54, rusty217 said:

Definitely. Especially now they're allowing you to transfer FM23 saves over to FM24 too.

Might need some tweaking to account for any changes, just as it did from FM22 to FM23 etc. but I don't see any reason editor data wouldn't work.

OK was thinking that, so now the question is do I go ahead and start my save as I planned then transfer it over to 24 with the new feature or keep working, polish up my database some more and transfer over the editor data, then start my game in 24? Both have pro's and cons but thinking now with it being so close to 24's release that the latter is the safer option. Reusing editor files has been possible for years now and the save transfer is a new feature on its own never mind trying to transfer over one using a custom database. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I might need some help with a custom Brazil db I'm creating. What I did was pretty simple. I turned the first 3 tiers into 20-team league, the Serie D into 4 groups with 18 teams each and the state championships into a 5th division. I made the state championships 32 from 27, by adding a second group to the big ones. So from Serie D the 4 teams at the bottom of each group (16 total) get relegated to the state championships, and from the state championships I've added a playoff system where 32 teams play each other randomly and the winners get promoted (16 total). I've been nonetheless getting an error when trying to verify it:

image.png.2d5bc80db9ba7b547851eaa376125515.png    Of course I'm using flexible format rules but it keeps saying I don't.

Any insight would be appreciated as I'm fairly new to advanced editing. Let me know if you'd like me to send the editor file (it's for FM20 editor).

Edited by Orestinho

• 2 weeks later...

I want to delete an existing B-club so that I can create it in the save later. Should I just delete the BB-club in editor? Will there be any errors with an ID not found or something like that?

Hello guys i have a question. Im playing with a retro database but the price of the players are the same as the current market price. I have seen that other retro databases have fixed that.

Where do i have to edit to reduce the market price of the players?

Hello guys,

I have a custom database for the Bulgarian league. I have disabled winter breaks among many other things.

I see that there must be some global setting which forbids games to be played on 24th and 25th of December.

Fixtures are being moved for the 26th, which messes up my calendar a bit.

Do you know how I could disable that?

1 hour ago, martz_88 said:

Hello guys,

I have a custom database for the Bulgarian league. I have disabled winter breaks among many other things.

I see that there must be some global setting which forbids games to be played on 24th and 25th of December.

Fixtures are being moved for the 26th, which messes up my calendar a bit.

Do you know how I could disable that?

There are flags to enable games on those days, have a look here:

20231024180709_1.thumb.jpg.3cf1944f7c424cdb1b8d360304897920.jpg

Two questions concerning Editor Data from a previous FM into a new game:

1. Is it possible to use the FM22 Editor to already make editor data files that will work in FM24? Or does it have to be FM23’s Editor?

2. If yes, I’ve seen many people say that in the new game, you ‘might have to edit a few things’ but it should work. But what kind of things is this talking about? Just so I know what to look out for.

Records that don't exist in the new DB I guess. Anything from people who have been removed, to competitions (although they tend to just set those as extinct rather than remove them), even stage names and awards. Impossible to say without seeing your DB, that's why people speak so generally about it. The only way to check compatibility completely would be to review every single change and competition edit

3 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Records that don't exist in the new DB I guess. Anything from people who have been removed, to competitions (although they tend to just set those as extinct rather than remove them), even stage names and awards. Impossible to say without seeing your DB, that's why people speak so generally about it. The only way to check compatibility completely would be to review every single change and competition edit

That makes sense, yeah. But things that certainly still exist or newly created things should transition without problem?

Say I change Messi to Man Utd, would that ‘overwriting’ of his club be kept, even if his ‘actual database club’ has changed from PSG to Inter Miami?

And similarly, if I create a new player in the FM22 database and then transfer that file to FM24, would that effectively be the same as creating a new player in the FM24 database?

Can't say without seeing the FM24 editor. For example, they might have new attributes or entries (they almost certainly will somewhere) that weren't present in FM22, so they'd be blank or default in FM24.

As for Messi, this might help - think of an edited DB as a list of changes.

When you make a change to Messi, look at the "changes" at the bottom left and you can see how the game treats these - when you start a new game, it loads the default FM db (whether Messi is at PSG or Inter Miami), and then it loads all the changes from the edited DBs you've selected.

A "change" that edits Messi's club to be "Man Utd" is not dependent on whatever the previous entry was. Make sense? The game is going to apply that edited change regardless if the default DB has him at PSG or Accrington Stanley.

This might backfire in areas where they've refined data. Like, let's say a club's attendance was off by a few thousand, so you set a different number. In FM24, they might have refined that to an exact number in the default DB which is more accurate than your guesswork, but you've already got an instruction telling it to "change" that to your guessed number

23 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Can't say without seeing the FM24 editor. For example, they might have new attributes or entries (they almost certainly will somewhere) that weren't present in FM22, so they'd be blank or default in FM24.

As for Messi, this might help - think of an edited DB as a list of changes.

When you make a change to Messi, look at the "changes" at the bottom left and you can see how the game treats these - when you start a new game, it loads the default FM db (whether Messi is at PSG or Inter Miami), and then it loads all the changes from the edited DBs you've selected.

A "change" that edits Messi's club to be "Man Utd" is not dependent on whatever the previous entry was. Make sense? The game is going to apply that edited change regardless if the default DB has him at PSG or Accrington Stanley.

This might backfire in areas where they've refined data. Like, let's say a club's attendance was off by a few thousand, so you set a different number. In FM24, they might have refined that to an exact number in the default DB which is more accurate than your guesswork, but you've already got an instruction telling it to "change" that to your guessed number

Ah, that’s a good explanation, I get what you mean. Thanks!

One final question in regards to creating a new person for example: does the new ID it creates for the person automatically work out in a new game? After all, plenty of people of new people with new IDs have been made since FM22 so do I have to pay attention that my created player’s ID doesn’t conflict with an official one or will that sort itself out?

Hello! I want to delete B team from one club. Do I only need to break the affiliation link and tick Extinct box or do I have to do more? The B team in question is in the unplayable league I think it's even the lowest league in country.

I've created a new Award, all functioning fine and name appearing correctly in all places except in news items where it's blank. So 'Player named in ____' and the body includes the full award title (in this case a team of the week) - What DB field should be feeding this? I have everything populated so not sure why news Items arent picking it up. Example below:

Spoiler

image.png.2300cae091891ab0b795214ecef2914e.png

5 hours ago, giglet13 said:

I've created a new Award, all functioning fine and name appearing correctly in all places except in news items where it's blank. So 'Player named in ____' and the body includes the full award title (in this case a team of the week) - What DB field should be feeding this? I have everything populated so not sure why news Items arent picking it up. Example below:

Hide contents

image.png.2300cae091891ab0b795214ecef2914e.png

You duplicated the award but didn't change the "short name". i.e, you duplicated "Premier League team of the week" or whatever and changed the long name, but the short name showed up as "team of the week" which was fine to keep. However you have to treat that as blank, sometimes a duplicated entry will show stuff like that but there's actually nothing there. You can change one letter, then change it back, and it will stick (you can see this under "changes" at the bottom left)

32 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

You duplicated the award but didn't change the "short name". i.e, you duplicated "Premier League team of the week" or whatever and changed the long name, but the short name showed up as "team of the week" which was fine to keep. However you have to treat that as blank, sometimes a duplicated entry will show stuff like that but there's actually nothing there. You can change one letter, then change it back, and it will stick (you can see this under "changes" at the bottom left)

Fantastic, thanks very much!

On 27/10/2023 at 01:55, Elder said:

Hello! I want to delete B team from one club. Do I only need to break the affiliation link and tick Extinct box or do I have to do more? The B team in question is in the unplayable league I think it's even the lowest league in country.

You have to do more. You need to open up the nation rules for that nation, go to the reserve teams page and disable the B team options. If you don't they'll just make a new B team to replace the one you deleted. Although this method doesn't work for Portugal, they'll create new B teams regardless.

15 horas atrás, rusty217 disse:

You have to do more. You need to open up the nation rules for that nation, go to the reserve teams page and disable the B team options. If you don't they'll just make a new B team to replace the one you deleted. Although this method doesn't work for Portugal, they'll create new B teams regardless.

this method worked in portuguese lower leagues, no team created b teams

When sorting teams by "cup points (5 years)". Anyone know if this works? Does it take "cup points" from the tournament you're setting the rules for, or does it look at the "division" or "competition" that you're getting teams from and take "cup points" from that? Has anyone seen it in the wild (i.e. default rules somewhere)?

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I am playing FM 2008 and I have edited the database to be quite realistic to real world transfers and players reaching potential etc. When I try to start a game with my own edited database it freezes when it reaches setting up game database. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance 

I got 2 questions i cant resolve:

1- I want to count CUP matches for the League, like, if a team win the quarter final of a CUP, for example, the 3 points of the victory will count to the League

2- I want to put a 'minor trophy' inside a competition, lets say, the champion of the First Round of a League get the title of Champion of this other competition, and this will appear on history and trophy history of the team and the competition, lets say that what i want to do is the same as the Major League Soccer have, the Champion of MLS is the champion of the playoffs, but theres a trophy for the team with the best record on the regular season (the overall points table of the national league)

Anyone can help me?

5 hours ago, LongBoiiBenji said:

Currently trying to add the Norwegian 4th tier from being locked to View-Only to playable in game, does anyone know how this can be done in the Editor?

Are you doing that in basic rules, you'll need to convert to advanced I do believe

5 hours ago, newsuzanoebok said:

I got 2 questions i cant resolve:

1- I want to count CUP matches for the League, like, if a team win the quarter final of a CUP, for example, the 3 points of the victory will count to the League

2- I want to put a 'minor trophy' inside a competition, lets say, the champion of the First Round of a League get the title of Champion of this other competition, and this will appear on history and trophy history of the team and the competition, lets say that what i want to do is the same as the Major League Soccer have, the Champion of MLS is the champion of the playoffs, but theres a trophy for the team with the best record on the regular season (the overall points table of the national league)

Anyone can help me?

You can achieve the first by using "results from other stage" or whatever it is, and it should take cup results into the league (cup stage should be "set up" before the league in this case). Look at MLS for that too, I think they have results from the "group" stage going into the single-table stage. You can look at how they award the Supporters' Shield and MLS Cup and use that for the trophy thing too

I'm trying to publish an editor data to steam and it says it's successfull but it never shows up. And if I reload the editor data the image I chose dissappears every single time. Does anyone know what to do about this?

• Wolf_pd changed the title to Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

So choosing Referee and Remote review would be what we see in the likes of the Champions League, and the Premier League then? In my 20 odd years of playing this game I have very rarely managed in the top flight, and since VAR was introduced I've not managed in a league that has it! On this basis I've not really seen it action in my game environment!!

1 hour ago, irish kopite said:

Is anybody aware of how to access Cup Draw Environment for a Group Stage?

I can't seem to find it anywhere but is very easily found for a knockout cup round. Ideally I'd like to have a large environment for immersion.   

Thanks a mill.

I can't see it for Group Stage. I've double checked the fm23 editor and it's the same there as well. It seems you have to change the tab to Cup for the Round Defaults option to appear.

25 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I can't see it for Group Stage. I've double checked the fm23 editor and it's the same there as well. It seems you have to change the tab to Cup for the Round Defaults option to appear.

That's what I thought. I feared I was missing something.  Thanks for checking.

Hello all, hoping I can find an answer here :

I've successfully created my first database! I'm going to outline some of the steps I took so that the question is put into perspective.

Took teams from the Luxembourg, Belgium, and Netherlands footballing pyramid. Moved those teams into a 6-tiered BeNeLux league, this league is set in the Netherlands. Created a few cup competitions (BeNeLux FA Cup, etc) and all the leagues + cups work great in testing.

I marked the Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg leagues as extinct where I took most-or-all the teams to feed into the BeNeLux.

My question - these now-extinct leagues participate in Domestic Cups. In Belgium, for instance, the Croky Cup and the Belgian Super Cup.

How do I include these Belgium teams, on one hand in the BeNeLux and cup competitions for BeNeLux and include them on their domestic Belgium Cups? What  I haven't tested, but what I assumed I would need to do would be to edit the existing cup and include the BeNeLux 6-tier leagues inside of it, but I worry it would pull non-Belgium teams or more labor intensive, recreate a Belgian Cup doing the same thing with the 6 BeNeLux leagues or something to that effect. Any assistance would be great! Thank you!

38 minutes ago, mwebb said:

Hello all, hoping I can find an answer here :

I've successfully created my first database! I'm going to outline some of the steps I took so that the question is put into perspective.

Took teams from the Luxembourg, Belgium, and Netherlands footballing pyramid. Moved those teams into a 6-tiered BeNeLux league, this league is set in the Netherlands. Created a few cup competitions (BeNeLux FA Cup, etc) and all the leagues + cups work great in testing.

I marked the Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg leagues as extinct where I took most-or-all the teams to feed into the BeNeLux.

My question - these now-extinct leagues participate in Domestic Cups. In Belgium, for instance, the Croky Cup and the Belgian Super Cup.

How do I include these Belgium teams, on one hand in the BeNeLux and cup competitions for BeNeLux and include them on their domestic Belgium Cups? What  I haven't tested, but what I assumed I would need to do would be to edit the existing cup and include the BeNeLux 6-tier leagues inside of it, but I worry it would pull non-Belgium teams or more labor intensive, recreate a Belgian Cup doing the same thing with the 6 BeNeLux leagues or something to that effect. Any assistance would be great! Thank you!

If you did edit the existing cup and included the 6-tier leagues, you should be able to restrict it to Belgian teams. Try using whatever entry you normally would ("get best teams in competition" or whatever), and if there's an option in the entry for "nation", set that to Belgium (do the Belgian clubs in the BeNeLux still have "based nation" set to Belgium, even if their "nation" and "continental nation" are now the old Netherlands?). If that's not an option, you could add entries above it to "ignore teams" based in Holland and Luxembourg (maybe an "ignore teams" entry with "get best teams from local region" for each local region in Luxembourg and Holland), but there's gotta be an easier way, I just can't think of one right now

50 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

If you did edit the existing cup and included the 6-tier leagues, you should be able to restrict it to Belgian teams. Try using whatever entry you normally would ("get best teams in competition" or whatever), and if there's an option in the entry for "nation", set that to Belgium (do the Belgian clubs in the BeNeLux still have "based nation" set to Belgium, even if their "nation" and "continental nation" are now the old Netherlands?). If that's not an option, you could add entries above it to "ignore teams" based in Holland and Luxembourg (maybe an "ignore teams" entry with "get best teams from local region" for each local region in Luxembourg and Holland), but there's gotta be an easier way, I just can't think of one right now

Yes to the Based Nation still being set to Belgium - so I think maybe that could still work. Going to look a little further into the Croky Cup and see if there's some type of setting. In the Advanced Rules there doesn't appear to be a space to modify anything for the Belgian Croky Cup - and the idea of creating a second database for Advanced Rules for Belgium - and maybe merging the two(?) sound like a nightmare

Hi!

I am looking for some help regarding the editor. Basically I don't want B (or 2) teams in the Spanish Segunda or the German 3.Liga, but I am happy for them to be in the divisions below. So I need to change the rules for each league. 

Is there away to do this in the editor without creating the leagues from scratch?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

John 

Is there a quick and easy way to promote transfer activity? Particularly in lower leagues. Been waiting on FM24 to drop to start a long term save in my own database, currently testing out the files (as I made them in FM23) by holidaying on FM24 but I noticed that even though most teams have plenty of money/transfer budgets they rarely spend close to what they have. Particularly in my First Division (2nd tier) teams have commonly £10-20Mil in their transfer budgets but seem to spend on average £1mil or less.

Hi folks: I'm working on a fantasy style "American Premier League" pyramid, which is pretty much complete league wise, but now I'm running into a new issue. Since I've taken out MLS, USL, etcetera, and moved the teams to my league structure, this means no continental cup status. And I for the life of me can't figure out how to add a new continental level competition..

What I want to do: Create a continental cup with the top X teams from each league (if you're interested, this is the break down) 

8 USA Teams
7 Mexico Teams
2 Costa Rica
3 Honduras
1 Panama
2 El Salvador
1 Haiti

So 24 teams, playing a group stage and the top 2 in the group, plus 4 best third place finishers qualify for a round of 16 knockout.

I cannot figure out how to do this. I've looked at a couple of videos which suggest going in and adding club continental rules to do so, but that option is greyed out. Any guidance and help would be much appreciated.

I've attached the current file so you can see what I've already done. Do I need to create a different editor file just for the continental cup?

APL 0.8.fmf

Before getting to Advanced Rules, in Nation Rules I noticed when you go to add a league it asks whether or not it's got subdivisions or not - if you select it, you've got to select an "Empty" division to work as the parent.

But I noticed when selecting a normal division, with teams loaded, under General there's a tickbox for Sub-Divisions. If I select that option, will the file attempt to split (for example) Korean K3 League that might house 20 teams into an equal-ish number? Or am I asking for trouble and should just build out the Parent/Children? There's a really lower division I'm expecting to be split into ~8 sub-divisions and if I can avoid the work, I will. Thanks

6 hours ago, SanTullo said:

Is it possible to change a club's full name during a save? Or would I have to create an editor file, and start a new save for the change to apply.

Yes. Go to Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc\all

Add an lnc file there, or edit an existing one to do what you want. You can have a look at the existing ones to see how it's done, eg. "CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"    899    "1. FC Nürnberg"

The number there 899 should be the unique ID number of the club you want to change. And the name, in this case 1. FC Nürnberg, should be what you want to change the name too.

Once you've saved a file with the change you want there load up the game and clear cache/reload skin and the name change should apply. Be aware that there are some teams this won't work for due to licencing reasons (those ones can only be changed in the pre-game editor), but most of the time it will work.