Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

5 hours ago, MRC said:

Essentially, this means I cannot tick any other country because that would use them to set the date and make me unable to choose a team from my preferred country (no idea why they decided to go with that frankly braindead idea of only being able to pilot clubs from a country you use to set the date) - why is that?

Don't use quick start. It still lets me choose from any country I want.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made a continental competition and I've had trouble with it assigning the right teams. I've set it up as I think I should. 'Best Teams From Division' and all that. But it will use them qualified teams for next years version of the competition. My leagues end on the 11th of August and this competition starts at the 25th of August. I assume that it doesn't register it even if I've set for the competition to be setup *after* the league ends because there's not enough of a gap. Or it sees it as the same season.

So I guess the question I'm asking is, is it just too close together to accurately draw the correct qualifying teams? If it is possible, what am I overlooking?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb rusty217:

Don't use quick start. It still lets me choose from any country I want.

I only use advanced... did you try with my save?
It did work for me with a database I got from Steam, but I honestly have no idea why it doesn't for me. Only stayed in basic during editing, verifying just well, date range set for the season and update day are nothing outlandish either. (In fact they are the same as in the database from steam)

Only thing I could think of, for whatever reason, would be that me deleting the other, unused leagues in the country I made the new league system in rather than just making them extinct. But I see no logical reason for why that would lead to the outcome I have...

Edited by MRC

vor 43 Minuten schrieb rusty217:

Used English start date, free to choose teams from England or Austria to manage.

Oh my, you are right!
Thank you.

I didn't even think to check this one again because I once had a situation where every country apart from the one I chose the start date from was greyed out and I could only choose from there and national teams.

FM24beingweird.thumb.jpg.b0a8a406daeecf1468f20a502a4c900a.jpg

This here put me off a bit as well.

Either way, thank you very much for helping me out, I appreciate it!

EDIT: Right, I was happy too soon. What you said works perfectly for a normal save, but it doesn't work for an online save in "Your World" mode. 
It does work for an online save (if you choose the right country/date), England 17/07/2023 did the trick for me, if you use "Original" mode.

FFSFM.thumb.jpg.c1fcfb1c53c2004a38956e70183c8b5b.jpg

Edited by MRC

vor 14 Stunden schrieb MRC:

EDIT: Right, I was happy too soon. What you said works perfectly for a normal save, but it doesn't work for an online save in "Your World" mode. 
It does work for an online save (if you choose the right country/date), England 17/07/2023 did the trick for me, if you use "Original" mode.

With that said, if someone does know why it is that I cannot pick Austrian start dates with that database, please do tell me.

i want to proccess a team to be champion of a 'sub competition' in a round inside the league
almost like the MLS Support Shield

1.png.5671f1cd1038a6b563762eaea7e4d963.png

this is the advanced of MLS, it appears the 3 options, stage name to use when... add the sub comp history... and allow sub comp to be viwed...
then if you are the best MLS group team, you got the MLS Supporter Shield champion

i want to do something similar, but with a round inside my league

2.png.8265ffce41d5fdf5ea267625debed1ae.png

but as you see in this second image, just one of the 3 options appear to me, and yes, i already set the competition to be parent competition and things like that

I have all the right editor data and fix packs but there are kits from 5 teams in the Brazilian league that simply aren't showing up. I noticed in the pre-game editor that the ones that aren't showing up lack a 'pictures/team/#/kits/home' aspect whereas the ones that are working have all 3 (please see attached for images).

How do I add pictures to clubs kits?

Any help would be appreciated, I'd love to be able to see the missing kits in my save! Best

Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 5.01.31 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 5.01.58 PM.png

1 hour ago, newsuzanoebok said:

i want to proccess a team to be champion of a 'sub competition' in a round inside the league
almost like the MLS Support Shield

1.png.5671f1cd1038a6b563762eaea7e4d963.png

this is the advanced of MLS, it appears the 3 options, stage name to use when... add the sub comp history... and allow sub comp to be viwed...
then if you are the best MLS group team, you got the MLS Supporter Shield champion

i want to do something similar, but with a round inside my league

2.png.8265ffce41d5fdf5ea267625debed1ae.png

but as you see in this second image, just one of the 3 options appear to me, and yes, i already set the competition to be parent competition and things like that

Round, or stage? Those options should be on the Stage - General page.

Don't forget you also need to have an add history instruction in Other Stage Rules. I've recently done something similar.

36 minutos atrás, rusty217 disse:

Round, or stage? Those options should be on the Stage - General page.

Don't forget you also need to have an add history instruction in Other Stage Rules. I've recently done something similar.

thx man really helped, i got this to work
but, one last thing, now if i view the last winners of my league, it appears the winner of the overall league table (what i wanted), AND the winner of the 'sub competition cup' who ALSO appear on the sub competition last winner list (what i want too), but i do not want to appear like 3 champions on the same year on the overall table last winner list

1.png.6670d681af3411137e7dd9b40013fb42.png

anyone know how to change that?

4 minutes ago, newsuzanoebok said:

thx man really helped, i got this to work
but, one last thing, now if i view the last winners of my league, it appears the winner of the overall league table (what i wanted), AND the winner of the 'sub competition cup' who ALSO appear on the sub competition last winner list (what i want too), but i do not want to appear like 3 champions on the same year on the overall table last winner list

1.png.6670d681af3411137e7dd9b40013fb42.png

anyone know how to change that?

Untick the Add sub comp history to main comp history option.

It will probably still contribute to the most times winner record, I wasn't able to figure out how to prevent that, but it will at least stop it from showing up on the past winners list for the main competition, only showing on the history of the sub comp.

29 minutos atrás, rusty217 disse:

Untick the Add sub comp history to main comp history option.

It will probably still contribute to the most times winner record, I wasn't able to figure out how to prevent that, but it will at least stop it from showing up on the past winners list for the main competition, only showing on the history of the sub comp.

that didnt work :/ it keeps showing 2 champions

Hi, not sure if this is the right place but I'm trying to play FM12 and having problems.

The game closes when I start a new game during the 'setting up game database' phase, every single time if I load my custom database. Have made a lot of changes but haven't messed with anything complicated like league rules. If I try to set up a game without the database it just works, so it must be the DB causing problems, but I'm not sure why or how. The DB was working fine before. What can I do?

2 horas atrás, rusty217 disse:

How have you done your history settings?

This is what I've done and mostly works:

Ocultar conteúdo

20231120233411_1.thumb.jpg.933fb97853ba9e7d2441883cbca875f7.jpg

20231120233419_1.thumb.jpg.ff58779ac30564f7625d01a7fbbf3bb8.jpg

20231120233425_1.thumb.jpg.ac60d6b1c9657f129d789be57b9ab434.jpg

used exactly like yours and still got 2 champions by year omg i dont know what to do anynore hahaha

edit: got it to work just erase the 'stage name to use' on the 4th screenshot bellow, but as you said, it still count towards the 'most time champions' but thats ok

1.thumb.png.121554ad3c619910d6a173771edc3fc3.png2.thumb.png.eee3211d65a6ea57a692bc88474f4208.png3.png.3c367b8ec12d99060a49a7d4d34f11b9.png4.png.c7837f7b7deda02156c6d6a8d4423d8e.png
5.png.2ce4481c3c42d0b661926d1493c3d1bf.png

Edited by newsuzanoebok

15 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Under "derby" you can specify all-time results between clubs. As for storing them anywhere else like a live league table, the game is pretty selective with how it stores data and that would just be seen as unnecessary info

Thank you.

So, under "derby" should be at the competitions tab, is that it?

No it's the "derby" itself, under "derbies" in the editor. I think that would only affect the occasional news item that talks about the derby and the all-time record.

To have a visible competition, you could make one in the editor that updates year-on-year and includes the last year's results, but not the all-time results - just the previous 4 seasons or so (with "year offset"). Also, I'm not sure if this would crash or reset when it hit a certain high number like 256 points or goals.

49 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

No it's the "derby" itself, under "derbies" in the editor. I think that would only affect the occasional news item that talks about the derby and the all-time record.

To have a visible competition, you could make one in the editor that updates year-on-year and includes the last year's results, but not the all-time results - just the previous 4 seasons or so (with "year offset"). Also, I'm not sure if this would crash or reset when it hit a certain high number like 256 points or goals.

Found it :thup:

But in the details tab there is no option to all time results, and the other option is "changes". I thought it has something to do with advanced rules, the this option is disable.

Captura de ecrã 2023-11-20 205459.jpg

8 hours ago, Ox said:

Where can I get a guide to extract the original file of the European club competition structure in the FM24 editor, and be able to work from it.

Thank you

Bear in mind you can't edit the qualifying system, only the format of the tournament itself.

Hi!

Writing here as I'm trying the editor for a first time = beginner ;)

I want to create a Super League that includes relegation and promotion from the domestic leagues. Question is ... is it at all possible ... 
I read that I have to and tried using an existing nation to host the league and it would work but is it at all possible but the more I dig it seems to me I won't be able to promote/relegate teams. 

A different approach - I don't seem to figure out continental competitions, is it achievable that way? Or a continental competition means they will all keep their place in the national league system?

Or maybe move ALL other nations league systems to the host nation and create one gigantic new national league system where every current top division is now second tier in the host nation? How would that work with player nationality, am I going to loose the national teams and will al new players have the new nationality or that one will depend on some config of the clubs?

So any general direction would be appreciated. Or at least telling me if it's at all possible ... :)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Zapbulon said:

So any general direction would be appreciated. Or at least telling me if it's at all possible ... :)

It's possible. There are probably some files like that already available, or at least in the works. It seems to be a popular idea. So have a look around and you might find somebody has already done what you want.

A different approach - I don't seem to figure out continental competitions, isit achievable that way? Or a continental competition means they will all keep their place in the national league system?

It's possible to do it this way, yeah. Teams do keep their place in the national leagues though, continental competitions are separate, like the UCL etc. If you want teams to play in both then that's the place to do it.

Or maybe move ALL other nations league systems to the host nation and create one gigantic new national league system where every current top division is now second tier in the host nation? How would that work with player nationality, am I going to loose the national teams and will al new players have the new nationality or that one will depend on some config of the clubs?

That's pretty much how people usually do it. Be aware that you can't just plop all of the leagues into the country, you'd need to transfer the rules for all of them too and extensively go through them to fix up any errors. I think most of the time people do it that way they just create a new set of leagues instead and move the clubs other. You could also move the leagues over and just create new rules (most likely easier than transferring all league rules over and trying to figure out the mess it would create). Nationality of newgens is largely based on Based Nation. So as long as that is accurate it won't have any issues. Let's say you're setting your league up in in Barbados, Barcelona would be set as Nation = Barbados, Based Nation = Spain, Continental Cup Nation = it doesn't really matter, if you want teams to qualify for continental competitions then set it to the same as Nation, if not then any setting as fine so you could just leave it as Spain.

There may be issues with foreign/homegrown player limits, I'm not sure how exactly they work for clubs in different countries. But you could just not put any of those in your league rules and then they wouldn't be a problem.

What's the effect of "Continental Cup Nation?" I swapped a team from Ireland to England and another from England to Ireland. I'm unsure what I should set this to? If the Irish team is set to Ireland under Contintental Cup Nation while in England does it mean they can't qualify for European tournaments? Or is it just about using home grown players from a particular nation?

Has anyone messed around with World Cup/Continental qualifying before and managed to shorten international breaks during the domestic season?

Basically I want to change the WC/Continental tournaments qualifying to be 1 round instead of 2 in the group stages (halve the games in qualifying) so I can 'shorten' the international breaks in September, October, November and March as there will be less games. In England for example, I know there's some rules in the editor to not schedule games during international breaks so I can amend that, however I haven't looked at it yet but I'm fearful that there is something hardcoded and that these international periods remain in place regardless of what you do with international qualifying, as countries may still use it for arranging friendlies and fill the empty space with games but not sure if anyone has looked into this before?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Little Miss Lump Kicker said:

What's the effect of "Continental Cup Nation?" I swapped a team from Ireland to England and another from England to Ireland. I'm unsure what I should set this to? If the Irish team is set to Ireland under Contintental Cup Nation while in England does it mean they can't qualify for European tournaments? Or is it just about using home grown players from a particular nation?

If you want them to be able to qualify from the English leagues, it will need to be set to England. You would only leave it on Ireland if you had them separately taking place in the domestic cup over there and trying to get access to Europe that way (and that way only). However, I believe that you'll encounter issues where the Champions League (and possibly the Prem) will apply its "minimum homegrown players from nation" rule to England, not Ireland, and obviously you don't want to have to register a bunch of English-trained players

Edited by themodelcitizen

I guess this isn't a 'simple' question but I'm not sure it warrants its own thread - if it does let me know and I'll create one.

I have in my head (and in various notebooks lying around the house) a fictional continent that I created when I was around 10 years old. This continent had numerous countries, all with their distinct cultures etc etc. Football was the continent's main sport and I used to play out fictional leagues/cups/continental cups using dice and paper.

I've had an idea of creating this in FM and I am fully aware that this is a massive undertaking.

What I would like to know is:

1. To create this in the editor, I believe my best option (and probably only) would be to edit an existing continent and all the nations within that. Is that correct?
  2. I would like this to be completely separate from the rest of the world and have zero incomings or outgoings. Would a transfer ban through the rest of the continents achieve this?
  3. To ensure that the outside world has no impact and my continent has no impact on the outside world, would I need to delete the international competitions such as the World Cup?

I think that's all I need answered for now. I am still very much in the planning phase but I want to know if it is actually feasible before I start working on it proper.

Gibraltar minimum home-grown anyway on the editor i can change this from 4 to 3 like it is in the Gibraltar rule book, iv tried to go into advanced settings on the editor and i cant figure out where i can change it. thanks for any help you can give

18 hours ago, MaxeyN17 said:

I guess this isn't a 'simple' question but I'm not sure it warrants its own thread - if it does let me know and I'll create one.

I have in my head (and in various notebooks lying around the house) a fictional continent that I created when I was around 10 years old. This continent had numerous countries, all with their distinct cultures etc etc. Football was the continent's main sport and I used to play out fictional leagues/cups/continental cups using dice and paper.

I've had an idea of creating this in FM and I am fully aware that this is a massive undertaking.

What I would like to know is:

1. To create this in the editor, I believe my best option (and probably only) would be to edit an existing continent and all the nations within that. Is that correct?
  2. I would like this to be completely separate from the rest of the world and have zero incomings or outgoings. Would a transfer ban through the rest of the continents achieve this?
  3. To ensure that the outside world has no impact and my continent has no impact on the outside world, would I need to delete the international competitions such as the World Cup?

I think that's all I need answered for now. I am still very much in the planning phase but I want to know if it is actually feasible before I start working on it proper.

1. Yes, you can't create new continents so you'd have to use an existing one. You also can't create new nations so you'd need to replace existing ones for that too. People often use extinct nations when they want to create their own, so depending on how many you want it may be possible to do without replacing any of the real nations. Although bear in mind some extinct nations have hardcoded parts that make them unsuitable for this. Oceania would probably be the easiest continent to replace.

2. You could probably do that through Continent Transfer Preferences. On each nation's page if you go to Transfers and Contracts > Continent Transfer Preferences you can add your continent there and set the rating to -1 which should result in no transfer activity. You can mass edit countries to do them all at the same time too. For all the countries in your new continent you could do the same but for all of the regular continents instead of your one.

3. I'm not sure, sorry. It might work, but there also might be some hardcoded parts that cause issues with just deleting competitions. You could try it though. If it doesn't work there's also the option of just re-doing a few international competitions to exclude your continent. You'd probably only have to do the ones that directly affect other competitions, eg. World Cup Qualifiers (don't think you'd need to do the WC itself, so if you are using Oceania you could potentially just move the WC Quals out of the continent (alongside any remaining nations) and set them to use those nations instead of Oceania nations.

I'm trying to move players between Dortmund and Dortmund II. I've adjusted the Club under Club Contract tab for players I want to move but they're still with the wrong team when I start new game (Classic mode). I also adjusted some of the squad numbers and those changes are taking which tells me that the editor is working. So does anyone have a trick to get players to be with the right first/reserve team other than the Club Contract setting?

Is there a way to affect the distance teams will travel for pre-season friendlies, or is this tied into a calculation of reputation, budget, nearby clubs, etc? It's cool that my Florida teams are playing preseason games in Quebec, lol, and that fourth-tier California teams are travelling up the coast to play pre-season games in Canada, but ultimately not realistic. I think you can turn off preseason friendlies completely somewhere? But I wouldn't mind keeping them, just that they should pick from the (loads of) local clubs who are available

Edited by themodelcitizen

6 hours ago, DunneAndDusted said:

Does anyone know the difference between setting up B teams within the club page versus creating a new club and setting them as a B team affiliate club? Is it just preference or is there some quirks to it?

The main difference I'm aware of is that if they're a "separate" club in the DB with just a reserve affiliation, the user can choose them to manage, but if they're created through their parent team, they're greyed out and managed through the parent club's overall structure.

On 26/11/2023 at 07:42, Diluted Dante said:

I've not seen that before, but if you post the file I can take a look. It sounds like an issue with how the league has been set up.

Been working on my own San Marino file, nice to see other people interested in it too.

Here's that file, thanks for taking a look! I've always enjoyed San Marino so it's awesome to see them scoring in real life as well now.

San Marino Second Devision TEST.fmf

Hey guys!

Quick question here. I had downloaded an editor file for Costa Rica. Its pretty complete except it doesn't have our Domestic Cup. I tried to create it, and even had it verified on the editor succesfully, but on the game itself the competition never gets started. What am I doing wrong?
I added the competition to the Country, Made sure the teams are all included and set up the rest (sched, format, etc), and nothing.

DoradoBetCRv1.fmf

On 30/11/2023 at 22:59, CuseBDrew said:

Here's that file, thanks for taking a look! I've always enjoyed San Marino so it's awesome to see them scoring in real life as well now.

San Marino Second Devision TEST.fmf 22.01 kB · 1 download

You have the Second Division set to have the Premier Division as a parent competition. Clear that.

SanMarinoParent.thumb.PNG.755f79501482d9038ec15acee4093f30.PNG

I'm guessing you also have added San Marino City since, so you'll need to change the max number of teams to 17 if you want them in the top division with the other clubs, or it will throw up an error here.

SanMarinomax.thumb.PNG.460d0339ae55308599ef3c5beea3fe8a.PNG

It should then verify.

SanMarinovalid.thumb.PNG.b75613d2752e373c903a0766101e3acd.PNG

Edited by Diluted Dante
spelling, adding context

Hi, anyone could tell me what is wrong with my editor? When i start creating new club and press Add button, first page opened with Id, name....And i don't have city field on that page..

But i think it have to be ...

Screenshot 2023-12-02 105112.png

oh, resolved accidentally by myself))) It is a filter settings in the lower left corner ))

Edited by Orange2000

On 12/11/2023 at 08:37, woodwardm28 said:

I've been setting up a large edit where I have a North American Premier through 6th division based in the US, a South American Premier through 3rd division based out of Brazil, a Northern Europe Premier through 4th division based in England, a Southern Europe Premier through 4th division based out of Spain, an African Premier through 3rd division based out of Seychelles and an APAC Premier through 3rd division based out of China. The top 8 teams from the Northern and South Premier Leagues and top 4 from the North American, South American, APAC and African Premier leagues go into a World Champions League with group stages and knock out rounds. North and South American teams go into an FA Cup like competition, Northern and Southern Europe teams go into their own and Africa and APAC combine for their own. I'm giving this background to ask the following: 

I am trying to test it to see if I have ruled correct. The testing feature is giving me errors for leagues I do not give any craps about and will not even use or load in my save. When I fix the error, re-save and re-test, it is undoing the change and giving me the same error. For example, it is telling me the Malaysian league doesn't have any rules for a 13 team league. I do not care about the Malaysian league, but I add a 14th anyway. I save and re-test and it tells me the same error. I go look and it's back to 13.

When I do a test and look at the "add/remove leagues" section, it is testing for Bulgaria, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Malaysia, N. Ireland, Poland, Singapore, Wales. None of these leagues I care about whatsoever and I will most likely not load data from any of them. It will not let me remove these leagues from testing. When I add the correct leagues above the test button, it ignores it and still tests the nations previously listed. What do I need to do to fix the situation as I have spent a lot of time trying to get all of these leagues organized with in depth rules and qualifying? I feel like I'm at an impasse. I'd greatly appreciate anyone's input/help as this is only my 2nd year using the editor so I'm relatively new with it. 

@woodwardm28looking at your description, did you move advanced rules for more than one nation into one file?

Hi,

I'm trying to create a few players and add them to clubs.

But after creating and adding two players to clubs I am unable to do anymore.

I still have the add player from which to create a new player. But I can't put him at a club as I have done previously.

Is there any reason for this?

Thanks

Quick question from me about 'merging' databases. 

I have database 'A' which I am creating a custom team, but I want to merge it with database 'B', a downloaded league structure. I want to merge it because there's some editing I've done to it that I want to bring across the database 'A'. My question is, will I be able to use database 'B' as a standalone database without the database 'A' information if in the future if I merge them? I.e., will the new 'merged' datavse only be in effect in database 'A'  ?

Sorry if this makes no sense I can't figure out how to explain clearly. 

I posted this in the main forum, but no one replied to help, perhaps more luck here?

The changes on I've made on the pre-game editor won't load into new games and therefore I'm always stuck with original database

As a test before I started anything major, I have made some simple changes to a few players (changing place of births/nationalities etc), to see if it worked OK and loaded up into the game play properly.

However, when I start a new game these changes do not load up into the game and I am left with the original database and no changes.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm presuming I'm either not saving the changes properly, or not loading the changed database correctly.

Very basic issue, but I can't get it.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide