Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

11 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Thanks Sheppy, some good info there to go on, will report back when i have checked all these things. Season update day is default, the league all have playoffs, its a recreating of the English league system, with 20 teams a piece with a new league 3 included, including vanarama league changes because of the promotions i had to do to make league 3. I don't know how to validate the file while I'm still getting errors running the test.
To make the playoffs i just ticked the playoff option, added the number of teams etc, saw nothing that included a date to start. I will look again.

Where you say you ticked the box, is that under 'League Settings'?  If so, and you haven't set up a stage for the playoffs then this could be your issue.

When you say you are testing, are you using 'Test Rules' from the top menu (this is what i mean by validating by the way), or are you using 'Test Competitions' from the sidebar.  If you haven't already, try running from the sidebar.  This is often more informative as to the issue.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sheppy12 said:

Where you say you ticked the box, is that under 'League Settings'?  If so, and you haven't set up a stage for the playoffs then this could be your issue.

When you say you are testing, are you using 'Test Rules' from the top menu (this is what i mean by validating by the way), or are you using 'Test Competitions' from the sidebar.  If you haven't already, try running from the sidebar.  This is often more informative as to the issue.

I haven't set up a stage for the playoffs then, I just chose promotion playoff, number of teams etc. the test I'm using is test competitions from the sidebar, I didnt know there was a test rules till you mentioned it.

So i just ran test rules, It gave me a new problem ,which led to another problem so I'm gonna fix those things to do with the regional premier divisions so the AI can simulate promotion to the vanarama leagues, but right now I'm not getting the start date error.
Will get back to you

fixed the other errors and returned to the original one. I dont see anything that allows me to set a start date for the playoffs. I'm attaching some screenshots of the error, its shows why I'm confident its an error somewhere with the season start date. I really appreciate your help so far. I'm sure its something simple

editor error.jpg

editor 3.jpg

editor 4.jpg

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

fixed the other errors and returned to the original one. I dont see anything that allows me to set a start date for the playoffs. I'm attaching some screenshots of the error, its shows why I'm confident its an error somewhere with the season start date. I really appreciate your help so far. I'm sure its something simple

editor error.jpg

editor 3.jpg

editor 4.jpg

Does your competition change each season or is it set up year one and same forever? If it's the same then try setting the start and end dates within the base year(2000-2001).

The dates for the playoffs will only be set within the stage, not sure how the game will react without that tbh.

The validation test will allow you to run the database in the game. If you've passed that one then you can try running a save and see what happens.

If all else fails you could try loading the existing competition in advanced rules and have a look at how the game sets it up and compare it to yours.

11 hours ago, Sheppy12 said:

Does your competition change each season or is it set up year one and same forever? If it's the same then try setting the start and end dates within the base year(2000-2001).

The dates for the playoffs will only be set within the stage, not sure how the game will react without that tbh.

The validation test will allow you to run the database in the game. If you've passed that one then you can try running a save and see what happens.

If all else fails you could try loading the existing competition in advanced rules and have a look at how the game sets it up and compare it to yours.

Ok I'll take a look at that this morning, and once again,. thank you

Hi all, 

i am making updates on the editor and I want a player to go from youth contract to full time contract. I have made the player a year older, set contract type to full time and given a new contract start date (which is after the players 17th birthday) but whenever I play the file with the data the player has a youth contract, even though they are 18 years old. Is there something I’m not doing right?

this is English league 1 in case that makes a difference.

thanks so much

Edit: fixed by setting contract type to something different, saving, then setting back to full time and it worked!

Edited by rob727
Resolved

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Is it possible to use the pre-game editor to make a player want to leave his club?

e.g. to make Mignolet want to leave Liverpool for first team football.

I have found 'career plans'. If I set Mignolet as 'doesn't want to be a - player - Liverpool', would that do the trick?

Or does there need to be some adjustment to his happiness aswell, to make him 'unh'? I can't see a way to do that.

Hi,

Not sure this is the best place to ask but, is there any chance to change a retirement date with the In-Game Editor? I took charge of Porto in June 2019 and Iker Casillas has a retirement date set for... November. Doesn't make any sense. Either he should retire now (end of this season) or next June (end of next season). Anyway I can fix it?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, GerhardFTW said:

Is there a way to set up requirements for academy's, like there are for minimun training facility level?

as far as I know you can set minimum requirements for training facilities in league rules but you can't force academies to have certain level I think. At least I haven't found that option yet.

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

as far as I know you can set minimum requirements for training facilities in league rules but you can't force academies to have certain level I think. At least I haven't found that option yet.

Was thinking this as helping AI in a more obscure league.

Quick question, hoping someone knows anything about this

Since i play in lower leagues on custom databases, most of the teams are populated with greyed out players which as far as I know have a cap on their current ability.

If that's the case, is there a way to modify that cap? Is it hardcoded in the game? Or is it related to something like reputation or what not?

Thanks in advance!

I have created a new Icelandic league system, that is played over the summer and with a lot more money. I have been having two problems, clubs don't hire full staff, they just have the bare minimum, no scouts or coaches, apart from the odd goalkeeping or fitness coach, never just a general coach. And second the clubs don't really spend any of the money that they get, on players, it just sits in their bank account until some of the have upwards of half a billion pounds after about a decade, they buy players of course but usually very cheap players, I have tried taking over teams and I can see that their are a bunch of good players willing to play for the club but they don't sign them.

When I'm adding a future transfer do I only set the date, receiving club and fee or do I have to fill out all the new contract details? Will the future transfer show on the player's card such as joining new club on this date or will it just happen?

Hello, everything i want to do in my editor with "Advanced Nation Rules" for Serbia, always is same error, what is the problem? I try to do only  some prize money changes and it is only but this problem i dont know to solve, please HELP!!!
P.S. other editing in editor without advanced nation rules works fine!

PLEASE HELP!!

Screenshot_3.png

6 hours ago, radisavlyevich said:

Hello, everything i want to do in my editor with "Advanced Nation Rules" for Serbia, always is same error, what is the problem? I try to do only  some prize money changes and it is only but this problem i dont know to solve, please HELP!!!
P.S. other editing in editor without advanced nation rules works fine!

PLEASE HELP!!

Screenshot_3.png

I had this error when editor was not updated to newest version.

52 minutes ago, radisavlyevich said:

I have this version and in Editor i search for option to update but i dont find it !?

Screenshot_4.png

do you have original version of fm? Because editor version should be 19.3.5

4 hours ago, erikeagles said:

Nobody ?

Hi.

I see no problem in creating such a competition, as long as you use any existing competitions. i have seen floating around If it is new competition, then add a new competition and use Rules > Add Club Continental Rules, to create your competitions.

I'm currently playing a save using Riddler's leagues megapack and am currently in the exotic, far-flung footballing paradise that is Vanuatu.

I was wondering if there's any way of seeing in the editor when the youth intake dates are?  It'd be good to know when to expect the newgens to appear.

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

I'm currently playing a save using Riddler's leagues megapack and am currently in the exotic, far-flung footballing paradise that is Vanuatu.

I was wondering if there's any way of seeing in the editor when the youth intake dates are?  It'd be good to know when to expect the newgens to appear.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2019-regen-youth-intake-dates.html

14 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

Hi, thanks for the response.

I forgot to mention I'd already checked that site, but it doesn't include Vanuatu.  

Any other idea how I could be able to check?  I couldn't see it on the calendar in-game, and I also couldn't see it within the editor.

On 09/06/2019 at 21:59, grade said:

Not sure what you mean.

Suppose the number 1 of a country plays in the champions league and the numbers 2 and 3 in the Europa league. then I want the numbers 4 and 5 to participate in another tournament.

Heya,

I'm new to editing and I'm looking at recreating my local amateur league into the Australian system.  Have the league, clubs, cities, stadiums, etc all working.

Now the monumental task of creating players and staff for each team.

I am trying to understand some of the figures though when creating players, such as what is the overall effect on a player by having a negative Potential Ability?  Does this mean that the player will actually decrease in ability as time goes on, regardless of playing time, training, etc?

Question:

i want to start a Career.

and my Wish is, to include Tranfers, that were done in the Real World.

but: i do not want to have this Tranfers just at the Beginning of the Career.

example: in real: a Player transfer from Club A to Club B is to the 01.07.2019

and in FM, i want to see, that this Player also transfered to 01.07.2019 and "not" to example 01.07.2018

are any possible Transfer Patch , to get all Transfers, to real Date, not to the beginn of Career.

in past, i found this: https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-data-update

but, i saw, that they change their Setting, to have the Tranfers to the Beginn of the Career, and i think, that ist not good, unrealistic

Thanks for Help !!!

37 minutes ago, SpiderJu said:

Question:

i want to start a Career.

and my Wish is, to include Tranfers, that were done in the Real World.

but: i do not want to have this Tranfers just at the Beginning of the Career.

example: in real: a Player transfer from Club A to Club B is to the 01.07.2019

and in FM, i want to see, that this Player also transfered to 01.07.2019 and "not" to example 01.07.2018

are any possible Transfer Patch , to get all Transfers, to real Date, not to the beginn of Career.

in past, i found this: https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-data-update

but, i saw, that they change their Setting, to have the Tranfers to the Beginn of the Career, and i think, that ist not good, unrealistic

Thanks for Help !!!

I doubt any people or site who makes transfer update will do it. It's easier to have players already in the team (especially with promotion/relegation update)

Hi

Im creating a Glory Hungary database, which in basic terms means making everything related to their NT and clubs and leagues OP.

My question is, since i want the clubs to only play Hungarian players, how can i change the squad registration rules to limit the number of foreign players to 0?

On 15/06/2019 at 11:37, erikeagles said:

Suppose the number 1 of a country plays in the champions league and the numbers 2 and 3 in the Europa league. then I want the numbers 4 and 5 to participate in another tournament.

Not sure how to do that, since my editing skills are focus on the nation leagues itself.

To create a third club european competition, you need to add a club continental rules. Beyond that, for me is bit of uncharted territory, despite the fact I have plans to make a work club competition. 

25 minutes ago, grade said:

Not sure how to do that, since my editing skills are focus on the nation leagues itself.

To create a third club european competition, you need to add a club continental rules. Beyond that, for me is bit of uncharted territory, despite the fact I have plans to make a work club competition. O

Ok, thanks for your answer. 

I had copied a file from someone else, but it didn't work. 

6 hours ago, erikeagles said:

Ok, thanks for your answer. 

I had copied a file from someone else, but it didn't work. 

Best advice here is to download a file, something near what you want to do, but don't use it, study it, in how things are setup.

Without a proper guide out there it is only way to learn and experiment. Mostly is trail and error.

Hi guys sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

I've just bought FM19 and I'm trying to install the real names fix.

Following the instructions tells you to delete the usual files that you had to delete in previous versions, however I noticed in this years version in the 1910 edt folder there is a file called German name changes and in both the 1910 and 1930 dbc folder there is a file called licensing2_chn and the instructions don't tell you to delete these. Now I assume the uploader knows what they're doing and the file has been updated for 19.3 but there's a part of me that wonders if they forgot to mention to delete these files, particularly licensing2_chn  because you also have to delete the licensing2 file thats in the same folder.

Can anyone shed some light ?

Edited by mistuhg

Hi All,

I remember back in the day ppl used to release database that were "fully clean" meaning that for example, if i chose to manage Juventus, at the start of the season i could not easily transfer a player that just joined.. eg Cancelo.

My question is, can i use the fm 2019 editor to "clean" the database myself? there are a few players i wanna get rid of and it hard to do that at the start of the game. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello,

I have made a new league system, everything is working fine but for the fines. I am not able to give anyone a fine for a red card or missing training. I can only warn them. Is there somewhere in the editor that I can add that?

Thank you in advanced.

Hey guys, I have a question - can I bulk import data to the database. I did the hard work researching around 400 teams and want to add them in the database, is there a way to do so or I shall just go 1 by 1.

12 hours ago, unlsd said:

Hey guys, I have a question - can I bulk import data to the database. I did the hard work researching around 400 teams and want to add them in the database, is there a way to do so or I shall just go 1 by 1.

If you have your data in program that is excel or something of the like unfortunately you have to input your data 1 by 1.

It has been suggested a import mechanism with excel or something equivalent. 

Once your data in database, you can import into future versions, without much problems. You might have a few corrections to make, but should be workable.

Hello!

I have a problem. I edited my database. After I saved, my PC restart with screen of death. After restart I can't load the last saved file... In editor I see everything else database file, but not the most important. I copy-paste to the good 'editor data' folder again and installed the editor again, but nothing. What happened? :mad:

Edited by mt90

On 08/07/2019 at 11:39, grade said:

If you have your data in program that is excel or something of the like unfortunately you have to input your data 1 by 1. 

It has been suggested a import mechanism with excel or something equivalent.  

Once your data in database, you can import into future versions, without much problems. You might have a few corrections to make, but should be workable.

Thank you very much, sir - I was digging the internet for an option and couldn't find anything so if it is also confirmed here in this forum I guess I'll have to roll up the sleeves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2019 at 02:36, Kaervek said:

Heya,

I'm new to editing and I'm looking at recreating my local amateur league into the Australian system.  Have the league, clubs, cities, stadiums, etc all working.

Now the monumental task of creating players and staff for each team.

I am trying to understand some of the figures though when creating players, such as what is the overall effect on a player by having a negative Potential Ability?  Does this mean that the player will actually decrease in ability as time goes on, regardless of playing time, training, etc?

-number represents a range. -10, if it’s the same it always was, means a potential between 170 and 200.

Edited by Bondonzilenozolo

On 02/06/2019 at 19:33, gunnaragusts said:

I have created a new Icelandic league system, that is played over the summer and with a lot more money. I have been having two problems, clubs don't hire full staff, they just have the bare minimum, no scouts or coaches, apart from the odd goalkeeping or fitness coach, never just a general coach. And second the clubs don't really spend any of the money that they get, on players, it just sits in their bank account until some of the have upwards of half a billion pounds after about a decade, they buy players of course but usually very cheap players, I have tried taking over teams and I can see that their are a bunch of good players willing to play for the club but they don't sign them.

Are you playing this as an active league in full detail? Have you made sure all the clubs are full professional? Are there rules as to the amount of foreigners? Work permits? Do you use the option to add missing staff when you create the game?

If you’ve considered all this, I bet the peoblem is club and league reputation. If you look up videos where non-league teams have been given a billion GBP, you will see that they don’t start spending properly until the clubs are promoted to Premier League.

I’m guessing that FM does’t want to use computing power to make sure that lower reputation clubs spend their unrealistic amount of money optimally. I don’t have any experience with any of the most recent versions of the game, but my vast experience with previous versions tells me that the game prioritizes where to spends its energy and cuts some corners, to the disappointment of those of us who favor depth.

In the future I want to make my own custom leagues in FM2019, and in all the years I have use the pre game editor to make my own teams like I want them etc etc. I recently made a file where I made some players go on a long time loan to a small club just to see how that worked out, but I have problem verify the file in the editor so I cannot use it when playing the game. I have searched on the internet for some weeks now and all I can find is where you verify the integrity of the game files on Steam ...but that doesnt help at all. Is there something else I should do? Am I missing something/doing something wrong? All I have done in the .fmf file is just fix a club and made some players go on loan to that club. I have even tried to Export the file from the editor to a .xml file , but that didnt work either

I hope someone can help me :)

Thanks in advance

Tommy

main.png

steam.png

Edited by brueland

4 hours ago, brueland said:

In the future I want to make my own custom leagues in FM2019, and in all the years I have use the pre game editor to make my own teams like I want them etc etc. I recently made a file where I made some players go on a long time loan to a small club just to see how that worked out, but I have problem verify the file in the editor so I cannot use it when playing the game. I have searched on the internet for some weeks now and all I can find is where you verify the integrity of the game files on Steam ...but that doesnt help at all. Is there something else I should do? Am I missing something/doing something wrong? All I have done in the .fmf file is just fix a club and made some players go on loan to that club. I have even tried to Export the file from the editor to a .xml file , but that didnt work either

I hope someone can help me :)

Thanks in advance

Tommy

main.png

steam.png

you know that veryfying is in nations menu (the same menu you selected to add nation rules)

On 10/06/2019 at 14:36, kevhamster said:

I have the same files and loaded the Vanuatu editor data into the pre game editor i found this , hope it helps....

Screenshot (98).jpg

How can I exclude a specific team from a specific stage in a competition?

I need to exclude Marseille from the Europa League group stage as they're set to play the first season in the Champions League group stage. I'm trying to get St. Etienne to replace Marseille in the Europa League group stage.