KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MWFC_3 said:

Can someone answer my question yet?

I did that, with my question, Is that basic or advanced rules?

Ah wait, I read championship playoff instead of final league stage. That is almost certainly Advanced Rules

So could you help me with a walk-through? I want clubs to be divided geographically into the 9 regions of England.

And what about the Champions League and Europa League qualification?

Edited by MWFC_3
added somethine

On 06/12/2019 at 15:47, Houba said:

Thanks for help! I got it work by putting promotion playoff into third division and removing  straight promotion.

Here it is: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1929722762

So I create this Finnish lower leagues file. Working well. One odd bug thou....

Pre-season does not start at bottom two division (Division 4 and 5). Every day same news. "Players have return to start pre-season"(=Pre-season fitness report). But it does not start. 

How to fix it?

In advance rules there is pre-season start day under Finland. I thought that covers all divisions. But is there a separate button which let you put different pre-season start day for every division? I have not found one.

Edit: Even after season has started it says every day: "Beginning of pre-season"

Edited by Houba

How do database changes and rules load in game?

Say i have a custom league with nation rules all set up and then i have a custom Contiental rule set up with none of the databse changes of the nation rules.

I read its in alphabetical order and the last loaded takes precedent over the previous.

So if i had my continental fmf with none of the leagues i created load BEFORE my nation rule database would that take into account the new leagues or would it all default back to the original database with just ONE change to the Continental cup?

I downloaded FMeditor's England level 10 league system and edited it so i could create my own team for my local area but i cannot play it in game. It says it needs to be verified and tested in editor.... how do i do this? ive tried troubleshooting a bunch of ideas and thought i did this when i saw the verify bit in the steam properties section. but nothing has worked. can someone please help me.

vor einer Stunde schrieb McKebab98:

I downloaded FMeditor's England level 10 league system and edited it so i could create my own team for my local area but i cannot play it in game. It says it needs to be verified and tested in editor.... how do i do this? ive tried troubleshooting a bunch of ideas and thought i did this when i saw the verify bit in the steam properties section. but nothing has worked. can someone please help me.

In the editor menu - Rules --> test rules

(FM19 still) Is there any way for me to define the clubs in Brazil second division starting in 2020?

Something like starting the game in May 2019 (Bhutan) and no relegation/promotion - or anything - happening in the league in 2019 for what is worth, to start the save as if it was in today's date? 

What settings would I need to apply in order to grab 4 specific teams from the Premier League for a cup competition?

- Premier League winner
- 10th placed team
- 15th placed team
- Championship winner

EDIT: Had this answered. Never mind.

Edited by Carlito85

On 07/12/2019 at 11:25, MWFC_3 said:

So could you help me with a walk-through? I want clubs to be divided geographically into the 9 regions of England.

And what about the Champions League and Europa League qualification?

Ok, so you have essentially 9 different pyramids, which then fight it out in a final play off of 18 teams. 

First thing will be to get the 9 different pyramids going. So you need to create each regional competitions in the editors and set the competitions for each regions. You can decide if you build them completely top to bottom, or just a few levels and put the rest into one big lower leagues.. Untill that works, not much use to get going with the play off, let alone European qualies.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb jlammi:

For some reason i dont get new fixtures for season 2021 in Finland, any help? editor says rules are valid.

finland.fmf 15 kB · 0 downloads

Most likely a promotion/relegation issue. Check if there are Reserve B teams which can't promote and check if playoffs (if there are some) are played.

12 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Most likely a promotion/relegation issue. Check if there are Reserve B teams which can't promote and check if playoffs (if there are some) are played.

Some reason there was Ilves/2 and Ilves Reserve team both Kakkonen Lohko B. I removed the reseve team.

Hi. I have made England and Wales custom database.

England 20 divisions 7 cups and Wales 18 divisions 7 cups.

The leagues are working fine it was also verified but for some reason Scotland becomes unplayable.

Does anybody knows why and how could I fix this? 

Original Vanarama national is set as extinct and JD Cymru premier. Why does read triangle apears under Scotland?

image.thumb.png.a4fc4331f5d5644d22ccf5bb5c1b03f8.png

England 20 Divisions 7 Cups (rules,prizes).fmf Wales 18 Divisions 7 Cups (rules,prizes).fmf

Edited by #BrozBeforeHoes
Adding more info

Question on potential ranges. Let me create a quick scenario, a player has:

CA: 150

PA: -85 (140-170)

Is it possible said player could get a PA under 150? Or is his range in reality 150-170? If so, this would be awesome for editing players PA's that are slightly more developed and slightly older. For example, if a player has:

CA: 160

PA: -85

That would mean he could have a PA of 160-170, rather than a fixed value in this region.

45 minutes ago, timmsoski said:

Question on potential ranges. Let me create a quick scenario, a player has:

CA: 150

PA: -85 (140-170)

Is it possible said player could get a PA under 150? Or is his range in reality 150-170? If so, this would be awesome for editing players PA's that are slightly more developed and slightly older. For example, if a player has:

CA: 160

PA: -85

That would mean he could have a PA of 160-170, rather than a fixed value in this region.

you can't have lower potential than your current ability.

1 minute ago, Bigpole said:

you can't have lower potential than your current ability.

Yes I know. So the PA's within the range that are below the CA would be eliminated? I don't know whether the CA could change if the random PA generated is lower than the CA.

1 hour ago, timmsoski said:

Yes I know. So the PA's within the range that are below the CA would be eliminated? I don't know whether the CA could change if the random PA generated is lower than the CA.

only 0 and not set values can change (not all of them but you know what I mean). If you have 150CA player and his potential is 140-170 - he can get from 150-170 potential. It's not technically possible.

7 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Isn't that because of Berwick? Plays in Scotland, but is English. You might have added it to the English divisions.

Thanks for trying to help me out. Its not Berwick :( I have no clue why doesent want to work with Scotland. I have made Wales first and it was same. For some reason under Scotland it asks for 12 teams from JD Cymru Premier which is extinct. I tried removing it its still the same. 

OK, I have a sort of solution for you, but it is very ugly. You can fill up the two competitions with extinct teams and then the error message will not occur.

But as said, it is ugly and I haven't been able to found the issue. The competition are extinct as they should be.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

OK, I have a sort of solution for you, but it is very ugly. You can fill up the two competitions with extinct teams and then the error message will not occur.

But as said, it is ugly and I haven't been able to found the issue. The competition are extinct as they should be.

I did as you recommended now everything works fine :)  Thanks Wolf I appreciate it a lot! 

I downloaded some custom databases. I made some changes on a file which had about 12 league but won't save because of the promotion rules. I don't want to load more than the two top leagues.  Is there a way to delete the rest of the leagues from the file in the editor? 

Edited by Juventus

Need some help. I have added the Hungarian Third Division and added Hungarian Fourth Division. Third Div have 3 groups with 3-3 teams to relegate and a relegation playoff which is basically a matchless league table of the 3 groups' 13th placed teams and the last one relegates, so 10 teams relegates from Third Div. Fourth Div have 20 group, each group winner plays in a promotion playoff cup and 10 teams get promotion.

I used Advanced Rules to achieve this, but when I validate nation rules Third and Fourth Div rules get validated, but First and Second Div's rules throws error in the second year and saying only 9 teams relegated from Third Div and 10 promoted from Fourth. I've tried out literally everything, the leagues are ending in time, but somehow in the second year the Third Div relegation playoff won't succeed.

Can someone take a look on my editor file and help me out? I would really appreciate it, many Hungarian fans are waiting for this database :)

Hungarian Database Extension.fmf

22 hours ago, Juventus said:

I downloaded some custom databases. I made some changes on a file which had about 12 league but won't save because of the promotion rules. I don't want to load more than the two top leagues.  Is there a way to delete the rest of the leagues from the file in the editor? 

You can go to Nation Rules and set every division below the second ones to Inactive Division.

As part of one of my saves, I edit city names so I can have a restricted transfer policy. However, when I rename Newcastle in the database, I load hte game and it becomes Newcastle-upon-Tyne. In game for example, Paul Dummett is born in Newcastle-upon-Tyne but in the editor he's born in Newcastle. Newcastle-upon-Tyne does not exist in the editor... help.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb pingjockey:

I've tried adding my hometown in the editor, but every time I start a new save and select my hometown, it disappears from my profile once the game has started, or in some skins resets to the nation's capital.

Is there anyway to fix this?

This is weird, did you add all coordinates to your city?

9 hours ago, KUBI said:

This is weird, did you add all coordinates to your city?

I searched the xml file for database changes, and the unique ID generated for that city is not showing up in the file, neither are some of the people created, but they still show up in game.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb pingjockey:

I searched the xml file for database changes, and the unique ID generated for that city is not showing up in the file, neither are some of the people created, but they still show up in game.

The game does generate its own IDs for new entries to avoid clashes with other db files. Are you loading other league/data files together with your file?

5 hours ago, KUBI said:

The game does generate its own IDs for new entries to avoid clashes with other db files. Are you loading other league/data files together with your file?

I have, but not when I tested it again last night. I even created a player and set his hometown as the city I added. Again, I was unable to select my hometown on the profile screen (well, it showed up on the list of options, but when I clicked away to another field, it reverted to "none selected") but the city accurately showed up as his hometown on his information screen.

Edited by pingjockey

Thanks for your help @KUBI I've managed to suss out a solution. I just changed one of the cities in the same local region that was already in the database into my hometown, started a new save, and it worked just fine.

It would be nice to be able to just add it to the database, but this is a satisfactory solution, in my opinion. I guess I got the idea from other posts in the forums about adding nations (using one of the existing 'extinct nations').

On 12/11/2017 at 07:15, KUBI said:

Instead of open a thread just post it here.

A thread for beginners and those who just want to swap teams, add their girlfriend to the game or want to play with no or a limited amount of foreign players in their league.

i never have use editor and i want to use editor for swapping teams into bundesliga, what should i do?

vor 16 Stunden schrieb erikeagles:

Hi, can anyone help me?
I made a cup for the city of Amsterdam, but I could only find 25 teams.
so I first made a qualifying round for 18 teams.
then I made a quarter final and added the remaining 7 teams
but still I do something wrong.
Can anyone help me?

Amsterdam Cup.fmf 15 kB · 0 downloads

There are 16 teams in round 1, not 8  (9 from round 0 and 7 added)

27 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Please ask in the forum where you downloaded the files. All the license stuff can't be discussed here.

I just would like some clarity on how one can change a stadium name in general if they wish to.

Hi.

I made a lower league patch, but i ham having a annoying error for the late playoffs. Because of my main league stage finishes on april, my players aregoing away for vacation and i have to play with my youth players for the may playoffs. How to resolve this? Any idea?

vor 13 Minuten schrieb mentese:

Hi.

I made a lower league patch, but i ham having a annoying error for the late playoffs. Because of my main league stage finishes on april, my players aregoing away for vacation and i have to play with my youth players for the may playoffs. How to resolve this? Any idea?

Did you set end of season to May?