Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, noincophydr said:

Hello, is there some way or editor to remove teams in FM19 from an on-going save? These teams have disappeared and do not exist anymore. Thanks!

No, you can't remove them from the game. You might be able to (ab)use the in game editor to have them relegated into lower oblivion. IF your competition allows for relegation.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

No, you can't remove them from the game. You might be able to (ab)use the in game editor to have them relegated into lower oblivion. IF your competition allows for relegation.

Thanks for the answer. How can I change the division they are playing then with the editor in the middle of the season of a running save? 

35 minutes ago, noincophydr said:

Thanks for the answer. How can I change the division they are playing then with the editor in the middle of the season of a running save? 

You can't change the division, you can ruin the club (that's what I meant with abusing the in game editor) and make them relegate that way.

Hi, all my question is can I remove the existing league (i.e. Hong Kong Premier League) and to replace it with a new league by having more teams?

I have tried to edit the league by adding more clubs into it but seems I still cannot create new rules without seeing the original one(the league with less club)

You should be able to Add Nation Rules and then choose to create complete new rules. This allows you to decide how much teams there are in the competitions.

However, before you add the new Nation rules, first add the competition to all the clubs you want in that competition via Clubs >> Competitions >> General and then add the correct competition to the Division field

13 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

You should be able to Add Nation Rules and then choose to create complete new rules. This allows you to decide how much teams there are in the competitions.

However, before you add the new Nation rules, first add the competition to all the clubs you want in that competition via Clubs >> Competitions >> General and then add the correct competition to the Division field

Got it, big thanks mate

I've been creating some international leagues and the first couple were unproblematic. But for some reason there are two leagues that seem to cause issues when loaded together. 

One of the leagues is simply a merger between the Romanian and Bulgarian leagues. I used Bulgaria as the country in which the league is based. No issues. Everything verified. Works fine when loaded up. 

Next I done this with Ireland, N.Ireland and Wales. All good so far. 

Thirdly, I tried to do it with Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Finland. This was verified fine. But when it is loaded in the same database as the Romania/Bulgaria one, I can't load the Bulgarian nation. I get an error message like the one below:

68F332B1D7AA42551E5AC9A3636C820962B55D26 (1366×768)

"Require minimum of 14 teams for First League, found only 0"

Not sure why this is an issue for Bulgaria, considering I done the same thing with the Republic of Ireland and it is still showing. 

All of my leagues work okay together, but when the Baltic League is added there is an error in the Bulgarian Nation. I can't think of any reason for this, as I didn't touch anything other than the four countries I added into the Baltic Leagues: Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia. 

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Edited by Tikka Mezzala

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Which countries are missing? I see Wales, Scotland, Turkey (?), Poland, Bulgaria and Romania?

I have managed to get the leagues working. I am only using 10 countries, so a lot of the countries are missing from the start screen as I have removed their leagues. 

The only issue I am having now is with my continental competition. I was wanting the top teams from all 10 top leagues to qualify, but the game is throwing up random teams from the lower leagues. 

16 hours ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I have managed to get the leagues working. I am only using 10 countries, so a lot of the countries are missing from the start screen as I have removed their leagues. 

The only issue I am having now is with my continental competition. I was wanting the top teams from all 10 top leagues to qualify, but the game is throwing up random teams from the lower leagues. 

That's a known issue unfortunately. Only alternative would be to rebuild.

1 hour ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Rebuild the leagues or the continental competition?

Continental competition. Maybe you can check the UEFA rebuild thread in the download forum.

Edit: How do I change my logo to one I want? The generic blue football logo is something I'd like not to have.

Edit (Again): this is when making a custom team using the editor. Not giving enough info I just realized. The Game will seemingly hand me a Generic Round Blue football logo when starting up a game with the club I created via editor. Not sure what I need to do to change it.

Edited by WIGutie
Realized question wasnt that simple.

1 hour ago, Danilenko10 said:

I have the in game editor and can use it when I play. But when I play an online game with my friend I can't see it. The games on his server

The host can set whether the in game editor can be used or not.

Would it be possible to play Euro 2020 with the same draw as in real life? 

I know it's possible to start on 1/1/2020 for example with the real results in the league, but would it be possible to create something like thay for the European Championship? 

20 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Yes you can. Go to your club and the staff and players section. Under Board you can change both.

Sorry for bothering, you can only do  changes in current save with In game editor? Not with the "exterior" one.

Thanks again!

5 hours ago, Mons said:

Is it possible to create dbc files with the FM20 editor?

Any idea about this @Wolf_pd? I'm looking to see if you can convert editor data files and put them in the dbc folders for use in Gamepass.

Thanks in advance :thup:

Good evening to all

As I was checking if a certain file after some season kept "good promotions" between child competitions using regionality, I noticed that if there are more groups on the same level, the game tends to fill up to the maximum number of teams allowed the first group in alphabetical order. Is there a way to tell the game to distribute the teams more evenly?

Hello, I’ve created a European league with some cups. I’ve also included a competition, where the different cupwinners of the last season should compete. Of course the competition cannot start because there aren’t any incumbent champions to join the competition and the test run stops. How can I determine incumbent cup winners to join the competition? Or could it be a workaround to let the competition starting in the second year, like the Europa League II?

15 minutes ago, Mr. Toast said:

Hello, I’ve created a European league with some cups. I’ve also included a competition, where the different cupwinners of the last season should compete. Of course the competition cannot start because there aren’t any incumbent champions to join the competition and the test run stops. How can I determine incumbent cup winners to join the competition? Or could it be a workaround to let the competition starting in the second year, like the Europa League II?

The cup winners are known in the history of the cup competitions, so that shouldn't be the reason the competition doesn't work. It should work out of the box.

@Wolf_pd Odd question for you.  If i add a reserve team it adds a standard 1000 club rep.   Now if i move created player to that team, will they be created at the rep of the main club (they are still contracted to them ingame) or the reserve team rep? 

Is the reserve team essentially in name only to create custom sub leagues etc? 

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

The cup winners are known in the history of the cup competitions, so that shouldn't be the reason the competition doesn't work. It should work out of the box.

Oh i had to clarify better, that i was talking about my self-made cups, who's winner should compete in that other competition. But did i understand i correctly, that i have to edit the history and add 2019-champions there, and that other competition will find the teams there and get filled?

E: It doesn't work with editing the history. Maybe it helps, if I add some screenshots of my problem.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-30 um 14.51.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-30 um 14.51.42.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-30 um 14.51.54.png

Edited by Mr. Toast

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

@Wolf_pd Odd question for you.  If i add a reserve team it adds a standard 1000 club rep.   Now if i move created player to that team, will they be created at the rep of the main club (they are still contracted to them ingame) or the reserve team rep? 

Is the reserve team essentially in name only to create custom sub leagues etc? 

Good question. I think it based on main team, because that's where the contract is. It would be like loaned players, the player is still linked to the main club, even though it is not playing there.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Toast said:

Oh i had to clarify better, that i was talking about my self-made cups, who's winner should compete in that other competition. But did i understand i correctly, that i have to edit the history and add 2019-champions there, and that other competition will find the teams there and get filled?

E: It doesn't work with editing the history. Maybe it helps, if I add some screenshots of my problem.

Ah ok, that's different than I thought. By the way, why are you using nation rules Europa, instead of continental rules Europa?

Ive made a Nation "Europe" to create a regular League and get the European top teams out of their former league systems.

I solved it! I had to get the cup teams with "get winner", not with "get team from division". I didn't realise, that it makes a difference, but i am happy i solved it now.

Edited by Mr. Toast

Hi all,

How does the number of extra lower division teams to be promoted feature in the editor work? Does it randomly pick a team from a non-playable division or is it done reputation wise to promote to the lowest playable division and move 1 highest rep team up a division until it get to the division that needs the extra team so all divisions have the maximum number of teams required by altering the promotions/relegations from the affected leagues so they have the maximum set number of teams.  Would i have to make sure that every level below the 1 with the missing team had this set to 1 as well or do i just need to do it for the league with the missing team? Is there anything else i need to change to make sure all leagues and cups use the correct number of teams from season 2 or does it all need to be rebuilt?

How does using this feature affect the league and Cup competitions from season 2 onwards do they all then use the correct maximum number of teams.

Can cup competitions be set to end after a certain number of years and how do i remove this if a competition has an end date set e.g. the french Coupe de league?

Many Thanks

Dai

2 hours ago, Dai35 said:

How does the number of extra lower division teams to be promoted feature in the editor work? Does it randomly pick a team from a non-playable division or is it done reputation wise to promote to the lowest playable division and move 1 highest rep team up a division until it get to the division that needs the extra team so all divisions have the maximum number of teams required by altering the promotions/relegations from the affected leagues so they have the maximum set number of teams.

Number of extra lower division teams to be promoted feature - this is added for case when you want to increase or decrease number of teams at some level. This must be set and promotion/relegation number must be calculated. Also this is used when you have multiple instances for multiple years (this year you will expand top league by 2 teams, after that number will be fixed).

2 hours ago, Dai35 said:

Would i have to make sure that every level below the 1 with the missing team had this set to 1 as well or do i just need to do it for the league with the missing team? Is there anything else i need to change to make sure all leagues and cups use the correct number of teams from season 2 or does it all need to be rebuilt?

This will affect all levels to the bottom. Thats why you need to set 2 instances for every level - one with end year 2020, second with start year 2021. Also in second instance  for every level you should set "Number of extra lower division teams to be promoted" again to 0.

2 hours ago, Dai35 said:

How does using this feature affect the league and Cup competitions from season 2 onwards do they all then use the correct maximum number of teams.

You should probably calculate number of teams in season 1 and after so you can check in your cup settings.

2 hours ago, Dai35 said:

Can cup competitions be set to end after a certain number of years and how do i remove this if a competition has an end date set e.g. the french Coupe de league?

Not sure about french league cup but you can use start/end year for every competition. Just need to do your calculations 100% accurate.

2 hours ago, Dai35 said:

Many Thanks

Dai

:thup::)

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Number of extra lower division teams to be promoted feature - this is added for case when you want to increase or decrease number of teams at some level. This must be set and promotion/relegation number must be calculated. Also this is used when you have multiple instances for multiple years (this year you will expand top league by 2 teams, after that number will be fixed).

This will affect all levels to the bottom. Thats why you need to set 2 instances for every level - one with end year 2020, second with start year 2021. Also in second instance  for every level you should set "Number of extra lower division teams to be promoted" again to 0.

You should probably calculate number of teams in season 1 and after so you can check in your cup settings.

Not sure about french league cup but you can use start/end year for every competition. Just need to do your calculations 100% accurate.

:thup::)

Thanks for your help krlenjushka

Would it be easier to just re-add the missing team to the original league but decrease their reputation to zero and give them massive points deductions for however many years (if you can do this?) it would take for them to drop out of the league system and remove the duplicate league and cup entries with the wrong number of teams in them if that's even possible seen as i don't know how to add extra instances of the leagues and it gets complicated and large once you have a large number of leagues per level like you do beyond level 9 in england and well above my level of experience with the editor.

Could the french league cup question be solved by removing the competition end year or would that cause other problems?

Many thanks

Dai

Il 28/4/2020 in 21:54 , zanchin ha scritto:

Good evening to all

As I was checking if a certain file after some season kept "good promotions" between child competitions using regionality, I noticed that if there are more groups on the same level, the game tends to fill up to the maximum number of teams allowed the first group in alphabetical order. Is there a way to tell the game to distribute the teams more evenly?

Does anybody know anything about this?

15 hours ago, Dai35 said:

Would it be easier to just re-add the missing team to the original league but decrease their reputation to zero and give them massive points deductions for however many years (if you can do this?) it would take for them to drop out of the league system and remove the duplicate league and cup entries with the wrong number of teams in them if that's even possible seen as i don't know how to add extra instances of the leagues and it gets complicated and large once you have a large number of leagues per level like you do beyond level 9 in england and well above my level of experience with the editor.

Maybe it is easier but its not accurate.

15 hours ago, Dai35 said:

Could the french league cup question be solved by removing the competition end year or would that cause other problems?

Im dont know how french league cup works so i cant answer this. With editor is always try and error :)

On 28/04/2020 at 21:54, zanchin said:

Good evening to all

Game can solve this in 2 ways:

1.using  regional divisions settings (its located in club settings---competitions settings) to regionalize clubs to their regional divisions (you said groups).

2. using city boundaries settings (its located in competition). In this case game will use stadium set for certain club. That stadium must have accurate city setting and city must have accurate coordinates. With 4 boudaries game will create "virtual square" and every city(read stadium/club) with coordinates in that square will be good for that competition.

Hi, I am updating my DB to include the impending Saudi takeover at Newcastle. I want to have it as real as possible, so I have added the names of the likely people involved and basically copied some stuff from the City side of things in terms of 'foreground' sugardaddy etc. I am guessing that even though they will have a long term ownership, they will likely start the spending this summer.

This is basically a guessing game at this point, but which reputation would you guys set for Newcastle if they start spending like PSG and City? They are currently at 6700.