Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Maybe it is easier but its not accurate.

Im dont know how french league cup works so i cant answer this. With editor is always try and error :)

Thanks for this, i am not quite confident enough with the editor to try this myself unless it is something super simple to do in which case i will give it a go.

How do i go about creating extra instances of a league? Does this need to be done for both the parent and child competitions at every level?  it seems to be done down to the regional premier divisions by default but i cannot see in any of the editor menu's how to add multiple rules for different years what menu would this be in?  is it something as simple as selecting a level and copying the ruleset then changing the starting year?

Can you set it to pick certain teams to promote to certain divisions in a certain year in the editor?

It seems the french league cup is indefinitely suspended rather than totally cancelled so hopefully that isn't too hard to change. It shows up in the editor with 2 sets of rules 1 for 2019 and 1 for 2020 which has now disabled by it, do i need to remove this set of rules to allow the competition to keep being played, if so how do i do this please?

I am right in thinking that editor files will work in the game even if they haven't been verified in the editor (won't verify because of errors) provided they are saved using the same database version that i intend to use in game?

Many Thanks

Dai

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dai35 said:

How do i go about creating extra instances of a league? Does this need to be done for both the parent and child competitions at every level?  it seems to be done down to the regional premier divisions by default but i cannot see in any of the editor menu's how to add multiple rules for different years what menu would this be in?  is it something as simple as selecting a level and copying the ruleset then changing the starting year?

Yeah - you need to set every possible option - If you have 19 teams in season 1 and 20 after you can set min/max number of teams 19-20 and just copy that level. Set start/end year for first instance and start year for second one. You can change schedule or whatever you need. Also dont forget to set promotions/relegations.  Its not simple to do but this is best way to learn something. I learned everything i know about editor with try and error.

9 minutes ago, Dai35 said:

Can you set it to pick certain teams to promote to certain divisions in a certain year in the editor?

I not sure abut this - never used that option.  I think there is some option for that in editor.

11 minutes ago, Dai35 said:

It seems the french league cup is indefinitely suspended rather than totally cancelled so hopefully that isn't too hard to change. It shows up in the editor with 2 sets of rules 1 for 2019 and 1 for 2020 which has now disabled by it, do i need to remove this set of rules to allow the competition to keep being played, if so how do i do this please?

As i said before - i dont know how french league cup is set. If you have 2 sets or rules for this cup - its probably added because something is different in year 2019. Try to find that difference and you will probably understand then.

Most important thing when you create league and cup system is to 100% understand how system works. Without this its imposible to solve anything.

14 minutes ago, Dai35 said:

I am right in thinking that editor files will work in the game even if they haven't been verified in the editor (won't verify because of errors) provided they are saved using the same database version that i intend to use in game?

Verification is not needed - its here only to help peoplewho doesnt understand basics of editor.

4 ore fa, krlenjushka ha scritto:

Game can solve this in 2 ways:

1.using  regional divisions settings (its located in club settings---competitions settings) to regionalize clubs to their regional divisions (you said groups).

2. using city boundaries settings (its located in competition). In this case game will use stadium set for certain club. That stadium must have accurate city setting and city must have accurate coordinates. With 4 boudaries game will create "virtual square" and every city(read stadium/club) with coordinates in that square will be good for that competition.

The regionality is fine, the teams when relegated or promoted stay in the right groups.

The thing is when a certain region has more than one group

For example, in this Hungarian database, the Budapest county has four groups at the sixth level

The author of the database has set for every county a minimum and a maximum number of teams for each group

So, if a team from budapest is promoted from the level below or gets relegated from the level above, it gets automatically put in the first group with a slot available in alphabetical order.

Doing this, after a couple of year you find a group with 24 teams (the maximum number) and three groups with 6 teams (the minimum number)

Is there a "smarter" solution than passing each division and group and modifying the numbers manually?

4 minutes ago, zanchin said:

The regionality is fine, the teams when relegated or promoted stay in the right groups.

The thing is when a certain region has more than one group

For example, in this Hungarian database, the Budapest county has four groups at the sixth level

The author of the database has set for every county a minimum and a maximum number of teams for each group

So, if a team from budapest is promoted from the level below or gets relegated from the level above, it gets automatically put in the first group with a slot available in alphabetical order.

Doing this, after a couple of year you find a group with 24 teams (the maximum number) and three groups with 6 teams (the minimum number)

Is there a "smarter" solution than passing each division and group and modifying the numbers manually?

I understand now. Its strange because i had groups in my earlier lower league projects and everything was ok. Can you upload your file?

2 minuti fa, krlenjushka ha scritto:

I helped him earlier - about austrian or german lower leagues i think :)

Where should i look at?

First of all, I'm far from being an editor, it's more of a cry for help

I simulated for a couple of seasons to see if the groups kept the right teams and i noticed the discrepancy in the number of teams

In every division from the 4th and below, the number of teams is set to be from a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 24

Just now, zanchin said:

First of all, I'm far from being an editor, it's more of a cry for help

I simulated for a couple of seasons to see if the groups kept the right teams and i noticed the discrepancy in the number of teams

In every division from the 4th and below, the number of teams is set to be from a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 24

Ok i will take a look.

36 minutes ago, zanchin said:

Thank you very much!

He added many child competitions (not groups) under 1 parent competition. Thats ok. For some reason game doesnt regionalize teams. Thats why i create 100% accurate leagues.

Only thing i can do is to change parent competition regionalisation seeting. This will work only if he added regional division settings for all clubs.

Try this file and let me know.

1106934589_HungaryCompletePyramid(7LevelsFullyActivated).fmf

9 minuti fa, krlenjushka ha scritto:

He added many child competitions (not groups) under 1 parent competition. Thats ok. For some reason game doesnt regionalize teams. Thats why i create 100% accurate leagues.

Only thing i can do is to change parent competition regionalisation seeting. This will work only if he added regional division settings for all clubs.

So I guess that if he didn't do that, the game will always do that weird grouping thing where the first gets super filled and the others will get the bare minimum number of teams?

5 minutes ago, zanchin said:

So I guess that if he didn't do that, the game will always do that weird grouping thing where the first gets super filled and the others will get the bare minimum number of teams?

Try to test and let me know.

8 minutes ago, zanchin said:

I simulated to 2021 using the fmscout custom start date database and the "problem" unfortunately keeps occuring

Not sure then. You should ask him - maybe he can solve this.

1 minuto fa, krlenjushka ha scritto:

Not sure then. You should ask him - maybe he can solve this.

Oh never mind, I tried to ask him but I guess he wasn't particularly bothered so that's fine as well

Thank you for spending your time on this anyway!

Just now, zanchin said:

Oh never mind, I tried to ask him but I guess he wasn't particularly bothered so that's fine as well

Thank you for spending your time on this anyway!

wait i think i sent wrong file!

How to change a transfer/salary budget in the official in-game editor in FM20? I'm almost certain it was possible in earlier releases of the game, but I don't see such option when I enter scouting, transfer or financial areas.

Edit: ok, I figured it out myself - you just need to enter club details.

Edited by Evangarden

Downloaded the FM Editors Lower league database, but want to create my own club and add it into Tier 10 via the editor. However, cannot see the Tier 10 division clubs to replace in the FM Editor... am I missing something or is it just not possible? Thx

I'm having a bit of a problem with a project I'm working on in FM19, I can't seem to edit more than one nation's rules at a time. I'm hoping to replace the whole of Oceania with a nations from a fictional world. I have already created 1 nation, with 4 tier football league, and want to move onto the next but I can't for the life of me find a way of doing it in one database.

2 hours ago, CPTBlunden said:

I'm having a bit of a problem with a project I'm working on in FM19, I can't seem to edit more than one nation's rules at a time. I'm hoping to replace the whole of Oceania with a nations from a fictional world. I have already created 1 nation, with 4 tier football league, and want to move onto the next but I can't for the life of me find a way of doing it in one database.

Unfortunately you can't edit more than 1 country's league system per database file using the basic rules. Using the advanced rules I presume it's possible but I've never tried it. Someone else would have to fill you in.

5 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Unfortunately you can't edit more than 1 country's league system per database file using the basic rules. Using the advanced rules I presume it's possible but I've never tried it. Someone else would have to fill you in.

Thanks, I was hoping to avoid that, but I suppose I should give it ago!

4 hours ago, CPTBlunden said:

Thanks, I was hoping to avoid that, but I suppose I should give it ago!

You can edit more than 1 country. Just add new "rules" line under advanced panel "list" and add nation file, competition files....

Before that you should delete "basic editor" in the xml file - after that that file wont be recognized as specific nation file.

43 minutes ago, karlcallan said:

Hi All,

to download a new database to your game do you need to have the editor or can you download the required database and file it in game editor file?

You don't need the editor to use a downloaded database. When starting a game you get the option to use the database. It is possible to edit the data via the in game editor, but the pre game editor has a lot more options. It is possible that what you want to edit isn't possible in the in game editor.

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

You don't need the editor to use a downloaded database. When starting a game you get the option to use the database. It is possible to edit the data via the in game editor, but the pre game editor has a lot more options. It is possible that what you want to edit isn't possible in the in game editor.

I don’t want to edit anything from the database just download it and play it. But I can’t find the database on the new career game after downloading it for some reason. Is there anything Im missing for this to work? Im downloading it and saving it in the game editor file alongside the config file. 

Could use some help with the FM18 editor.

So I've created my own little Arctic nation replacing Gibraltar. My country has 48 teams divided into three divisions of 16. All the leagues work fine, but my national cup is a mess. What I want is a preliminary round of the bottom two divisions then a main cup run.

I've split it into two stages a preliminary stage with one round and then the next stage running to the final. The first season it works fine. Divisions 2 &3 play the preliminaries and go through to the next stage where division 1 comes in. Seems the fates are OK. However the cup plays out but the game registers no champion. No team gets anything in their honours. The next season some teams don't play at all in the cup others come in at random times etc. Not sure what I've missed.

I've looked at other cups and many don't use a seperate preliminary stage so does the game automatically know to pick the lowest ranked teams? I've tried this before and the preliminaries were just random teams picked from all three divisions...

Also none of the teams keep their histories. They keep their league championships in their honours but none of the teams have a best eleven and their records seem a bit patchy...

Also for some reason the national team barely selects any players for the national team. I have three leagues of players mostly of the nationality to play and instead the game picks a few players and then it's just greyed out players. My nation is at a level of around Malta and the leagues are full of stiffs but I'm not sure why it won't select them. Finally, my country is predominantly Russian/Norwegian language (loosely based on Svalbard) but a good chunk of my players have names drawn from Spanish/Gibraltar pool. I'm not sure if this is hard coded. I've tried deleting the Spanish language from the editor or changing its root to Slavic East but they still pump out English/Spanish regens. 

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. I'm still unsure why the editor is so Byzantine when OOTP make a fairly easy to use custom league wizard in their games. 

Hopefully these are simply questions. I have edited the US league to have the lower divisions active. However, I cant seem to have the USL playoffs include the secondary B teams (such as LA Galaxy II etc). I also appear to be struggling to get teams to join the USL Championship and USL League One in the second season. I have added the teams to the teams for next season part, and have put in the registered team section as well. I have attached what I have done.

Ideally I just need to make the B Teams join the playoffs in the second tier league, and figure out why Teams are not joining the 3rd tier league, or specifically why the chosen team is not joining the 2nd tier.

Thanks in advance.

001_US.fmf

9 hours ago, elc1992 said:

Hopefully these are simply questions. I have edited the US league to have the lower divisions active. However, I cant seem to have the USL playoffs include the secondary B teams (such as LA Galaxy II etc). I also appear to be struggling to get teams to join the USL Championship and USL League One in the second season. I have added the teams to the teams for next season part, and have put in the registered team section as well. I have attached what I have done.

Ideally I just need to make the B Teams join the playoffs in the second tier league, and figure out why Teams are not joining the 3rd tier league, or specifically why the chosen team is not joining the 2nd tier.

Thanks in advance.

001_US.fmf 17.94 kB · 0 downloads

If you want to add teams to tiers you need to use the advanced rules, and create a separate version of each tournament for each year that you're adding teams. If you convert your file to advanced rules you'll be able to see how this is done by the MLS for example. You'd also have to rebuild the US Open Cup for each year that you're adding teams. Working within the advanced rules is more time-consuming but enables you to much better match up your rules to real-life rules, and I'd definitely recommend doing that if you're trying to adapt the US system.

As for your other issue, I'm less sure about what's causing that but I'd presume it's due to the Championship playoff excluding B teams by default. I reckon you'd be able to fix that in the advanced rules somehow but I'm not entirely sure.

Hi, 

I want to drop a team from the Premier league down to league 2 or lower but just wondered what is the best way to do this without any snags during the game. 

Do I just swap them with another team and all should be fine. 

Also is there a way to create a one club man. So a player would be very against leaving a certain club? 

Thanks. 

35 minutes ago, sm23 said:

Hi, 

I want to drop a team from the Premier league down to league 2 or lower but just wondered what is the best way to do this without any snags during the game. 

Do I just swap them with another team and all should be fine. 

Also is there a way to create a one club man. So a player would be very against leaving a certain club? 

Thanks. 

Using the pre-game editor you can remove teams from the list of teams registered for a competition and replace them with other teams. You just have to make sure that each division has the correct number of teams in order for the game to run.

To create a one-club man you can simply give a player a 15-20 year long contract and tick a box called 'Retiring after Spell at Current Club' if you want. Or you can give the player low ambition and high loyalty (although that's not guaranteed to keep him at a club forever unlike the first option).

13 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Using the pre-game editor you can remove teams from the list of teams registered for a competition and replace them with other teams. You just have to make sure that each division has the correct number of teams in order for the game to run.

To create a one-club man you can simply give a player a 15-20 year long contract and tick a box called 'Retiring after Spell at Current Club' if you want. Or you can give the player low ambition and high loyalty (although that's not guaranteed to keep him at a club forever unlike the first option).

Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Patoulatchi76200 said:

Hello all,

I often use FM editor to generate non-playable championships (Feroe, Luxembourg). But today I got an error message that Idon't know when I wanted to
 test the rules: (see attachment)

Is anyone have an idea ? I don't want to restart all my work..

Annotation 2020-05-15 020304.png

I am afraid you will have to. You have appeared to change a rule that is not properly linked inside the editor.

If possible and you can go back to a version that is working properly, it would interesting to see what you changed exactly.

Im about to embark in a 5-6 year (real time) journey to edit FM2020 al the way back to CM0102's glory. I'm thinking 15+ leagues, around 800 teams, 20,000 players. 

Question--doest anyone know any mass-editing tips that would help me with this? I haven't touched the editor in 4-5 years. Any ips to save time before I get tweaking and creating players would be amazing.

Thank you!

38 minutes ago, Twellman24 said:

Im about to embark in a 5-6 year (real time) journey to edit FM2020 al the way back to CM0102's glory. I'm thinking 15+ leagues, around 800 teams, 20,000 players. 

Question--doest anyone know any mass-editing tips that would help me with this? I haven't touched the editor in 4-5 years. Any ips to save time before I get tweaking and creating players would be amazing.

Thank you!

If you're mass-editing I'd take a look at this thread first of all.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/377679-excel-and-the-fm-editor-fm-editing/?tab=comments#comment-10409888

Question: How many sub teams can a team have? I edited Victoria Water to have: reserves, U23 and U18. But i want to add more. Can i edit the affiliation to have a second and a third team? Those team will have a different name? 

Hi all,

I'm looking at the english leagues to possibly edit them and i don't understand what the valid years box is for, could someone explain it's use please?. On all leagues from league 1 down to the Vanarama North/South Divisions they have both SkyBet League 1 and the Regional Premier Divisions in this box and on the Regional Premier Divisions the box is blank in the default database,

Is this where you dictate the league to get the extra team from to make up the numbers?

Does this need changing to the lowest playable/unplayable division or league level when adding more leagues to the pyramid?

Many Thanks

Dai

9 minutes ago, Dai35 said:

Hi all,

I'm looking at the english leagues to possibly edit them and i don't understand what the valid years box is for, could someone explain it's use please?. On all leagues from league 1 down to the Vanarama North/South Divisions they have both SkyBet League 1 and the Regional Premier Divisions in this box and on the Regional Premier Divisions the box is blank in the default database,

Is this where you dictate the league to get the extra team from to make up the numbers?

Does this need changing to the lowest playable/unplayable division or league level when adding more leagues to the pyramid?

Many Thanks

Dai

This is used when you want to decide what instance of file you want to use in some scenario.

For example - you can have league with 20 klubs in season #1 and 22 after. So you will add 2 instances of that league - one for season #1 and other for seasons 2+.

Also you can add different set of rules (instances of that 1 competition) for cases when you have different rules when league is active or inactive...or when lower level is active or inactive...

First and main thing is to understand how your system works in real life 100%. After that you can find solutions.

2 minutes ago, FortunaSC said:

I made some changes in club colors and kits in the pre game editor but how do you save the changes?

File---> Save editor data as

write name of your file and click save

7 minutes ago, FortunaSC said:

If i do that and then reload the database, the changes are not there. Is there a specific map it should go in?

If you reload database you need to load that file again if you want to make more changes to that file.

5 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

If you reload database you need to load that file again if you want to make more changes to that file.

Ok i try to see if i start a new career, is there a way to put the changes into an excisting save game?