Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

7 hours ago, thegr8anand said:

I am trying to keep a player at the club by adding future transfer. But for some reason it doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone guide how to make it work?

Are you using the pre-game editor? What exactly have you been trying to do and what have you been having issues with?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/06/2020 at 14:35, Unknown Hacker said:

Yeah you can. When you click on 'Move to My Club' or 'Move to Other Club' you will usually get the option to set a price and a future date for the transfer to take place on. If you're trying to do this with an old player (I'd say 37+ but it could be younger) the game sometimes just moves them across without giving you those options.

I just bought the editor for £3.99 and you can't do that :( There is no option to set a future transfer in the in game editor it seems, unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

14 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Are you using the pre-game editor? What exactly have you been trying to do and what have you been having issues with?

Yes pre-game editor. I have 300 players moved to 25 newly created clubs (12 each). The game will be simulated and rest of the team and staff will be built by AI over time. As such i don't want those 300 players to be sold which happens in my testing. I want them to stay at their respective clubs for at a minimum of 3 years. I can ban transfers for 3 years as the rest of the team needs to be built.

I read about using future transfers to make them stay but in the editor even when i set a future transfer it is not showing up. For example the current contract is 1/7/19 to 30/6/20 and i set future transfer to same club for 1/7/20 to 30/6/24. Its not working for some reason. Am i doing something wrong?

6 hours ago, thegr8anand said:

Yes pre-game editor. I have 300 players moved to 25 newly created clubs (12 each). The game will be simulated and rest of the team and staff will be built by AI over time. As such i don't want those 300 players to be sold which happens in my testing. I want them to stay at their respective clubs for at a minimum of 3 years. I can ban transfers for 3 years as the rest of the team needs to be built.

I read about using future transfers to make them stay but in the editor even when i set a future transfer it is not showing up. For example the current contract is 1/7/19 to 30/6/20 and i set future transfer to same club for 1/7/20 to 30/6/24. Its not working for some reason. Am i doing something wrong?

Are you setting up a future transfer to the club that the players are already at? If so that won't work. If you give them a future transfer to a different team in 2024 then they will stay at their current club until that point.

You could give the players 10 year contracts and tick 'Retiring after spell at current club' if you want players to stay at the same team.

4 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Yeah sorry about that that's my mistake. I was 100% sure I'd seen it as an option when setting up a transfer but apparently it's not.

You can still use the in-game editor to create the transfer though, albeit without as many options as I thought you had.

Yeah I'll just have to hope nobody buys him (Werner) in January, then I'll move him over to Chelsea at the end of the 19/20 season. Same for Icardi at PSG, although not sure how that will work as his loan contract runs until 2021 in game. I would want to make his loan permanent with the in game editor at the end of season 19/20 also.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

How many seasons should I simulate to know if everything is working ok (I'm making a custom league, custom promotions, cups and some modifications to the continental cups) Two full seasons should be enough? I don't want to find an error in the middle of the save.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to activate the GCC Champions League. I see that it is already in the FM20-editor. As far as I know, in real life the champions of the participating nations would compete, but in the editor it is set as a cup for cupwinners.

Is that just a case of changing the competition type, or do I need to do something else?

And now, there are no attached leagues or clubs. Is that just the case of adding them, or is there more to it?

And what must i do to prevent matches conflicting with Arab Champions League and AFC Champions League and AFC Cup?

11 hours ago, Jorgen said:

I would like to activate the GCC Champions League. I see that it is already in the FM20-editor. As far as I know, in real life the champions of the participating nations would compete, but in the editor it is set as a cup for cupwinners.

Is that just a case of changing the competition type, or do I need to do something else?

And now, there are no attached leagues or clubs. Is that just the case of adding them, or is there more to it?

And what must i do to prevent matches conflicting with Arab Champions League and AFC Champions League and AFC Cup?

I think you will need to set which teams qualify for the competition. That it is set for cupwinners doesn't matter much. Also plan your competition. Run a few season to see how the other cups are planned and look at reallife previous versions.

@Wolf_pd I checked the AFC Champions League by SI and the Arab CL bij Timo. Can't figure out how to set teams, other than specific ones. Specific ones is good for the first season, but after that, I would like to select ones that are champion or cup winner.

Anyway, this is harder than I thought.

14 hours ago, Jorgen said:

@Wolf_pd I checked the AFC Champions League by SI and the Arab CL bij Timo. Can't figure out how to set teams, other than specific ones. Specific ones is good for the first season, but after that, I would like to select ones that are champion or cup winner.

Anyway, this is harder than I thought.

When you're setting the cup up in continental rules you can specify that you want the league winners from all the countries that you want.

2 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

When you're setting the cup up in continental rules you can specify that you want the league winners from all the countries that you want.

I'll look into that. Thanks Unknown Hacker.

21 hours ago, Jorgen said:

I'll look into that. Thanks Unknown Hacker.

Tried to do that, but when clicking continental rules I couldn't find it. It still gives me the same options

Perhaps I better do a request in the request thread

Hello, I'm in the process of creating an American Pro/Rel pyramid in which I added college teams (from NCAA, NAIA, NJCAA, NCCAA, USCAA, U Sports, CCAA, and CCCAA). I haven't created a domestic cup before and I'm trying to figure out how to work out the Group Stage in the basic rules. In trying to convert to advanced, I got a message saying "Number of teams in first round (480) doesn't match up with number of teams added (96) and number of teams from previous round (0)". I know this might sound pretty basic, but I haven't done something like this before and I'm very confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot (145).png

Screenshot (146).png

Screenshot (147).png

Because you have set up every round as a cup round, the editor looks at the amount of games you want to play in each round and calculates how much teams are needed.

What you need to do is go the General Tab of your cup. There you have the option Format. Instead of Knockout Rounds (which you have picked here, you need to pick Group Stage then Knockout Rounds. That should fit your format.

Hey there!

Lately I've been trying to edit some loans for some players in my team, Real Zaragoza, with the FM pre-game editor but I can't seem to find that option in the editor. Like it is invisible, blocked or something. 

I'd like to add a future/mandatory buy fee for some players that appear just "on loan" but in real live they have a future fee in casethe club wants to buy the player. This future fee turns into a mandatory fee in case of promotion.

For example, Jorge Pombo (on loan in Cadiz FC) appears with a future fee option of -1€, which should be 1.25M€. If I untick that option it simply dissapears and can't be added back. The other players don't even have that option in the db. Same happens with release clauses.

QUESTION: Is there any way to add those optional/mandatory fees for players on loan with the pre-game editor?

Any tip would be much appreciated!!

Edited by RotDob
weird format

Optional future fees can only be set for games played as far as I know. So no mandatory fee in case of promotion.

I tested a bit in the editor, but setting those future fees isn't a problem for me. Do you have by any chance the active fields filter on?

I had the active fields filter on. So simple. I don't know how could I miss it. Even more knowing I've been using the editor since November.

Now I can see what I need:

- Fee to buy

- Purchase after matchs played

- Competition for purchase after achieviement

So "fee to buy" will work as a mandatory fee or as an optional fee?

Also selecting Liga Santander (Spanish 1st division) as the competition for purchase after achievement should make my team to buy those players if promoting, right?

I'm going to check it.

Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, RotDob said:

I had the active fields filter on. So simple. I don't know how could I miss it. Even more knowing I've been using the editor since November.

Now I can see what I need:

- Fee to buy

- Purchase after matchs played

- Competition for purchase after achieviement

So "fee to buy" will work as a mandatory fee or as an optional fee?

Also selecting Liga Santander (Spanish 1st division) as the competition for purchase after achievement should make my team to buy those players if promoting, right?

I'm going to check it.

Thank you so much.

Fee to buy for me is an optional fee. I think the way it works is that your player needs to play a certain amount of games in that competition. So you will want to set the competition they promote FROM, not the competition they promote to.

I am looking for some help with club honours.

I have changed the "nation" and "continental cup nation" for Berwick Rangers from Scotland to England. I have also moved Berwick from the Scottish Lowland league into Vanarama North. Berwick's league history is still viewable however their competition wins from the Scottish leagues are not showing on their club honours page. Berwick show on the Scottish League 2 winners page for 2006/07 however this is not reflected on Berwick's honours page.

Does anyone know of a way to get these previous honours to show after changing the nation of a club?

Hello to all,
I would like to create own leagues, clubs aside of main game database, so I would like to ask, if its a way to delete all current players and staff in one click (dont want to spent hours by deleting :D ...) and also if exist something like "players generator feature"  for my new clubs (same reasons - not necessary for me to create even single player on my own); I know game will regen new players at the start when they are missing but I want to influence this procces like set the newly generate player´s ability based on club reputation etc. Thanks very much for suggestions :) 

1 hour ago, Aryn said:

Hello to all,
I would like to create own leagues, clubs aside of main game database, so I would like to ask, if its a way to delete all current players and staff in one click (dont want to spent hours by deleting :D ...) and also if exist something like "players generator feature"  for my new clubs (same reasons - not necessary for me to create even single player on my own); I know game will regen new players at the start when they are missing but I want to influence this procces like set the newly generate player´s ability based on club reputation etc. Thanks very much for suggestions :) 

To answer your first question you need to delete people manually. As for your second question, I'm fairly certain that such a generator doesn't exist.

Hi, completely new to the editor so I'm sure a lot of this will have been covered before:

I'm trying to set up a scenario where all leagues can only field domestic players. Teams can only sign players who hold a nationality or dual nationality the same as the league. I was also hoping to mass release all players who don't belong to the same nation as the clubs to make sure teams are more likely to be able to field teams come the start of the season.

I thought this would be quite simple but you'd also probably have to go through and make clubs and their locations more appealing and manage some players wage expectations etc... And it doesn't look like there's a way to mass edit the leagues or mass release players.

I take it my head is in the clouds here?😂 Cheers

It is a bigger task than you might realise.

You will need to edit all competitions for foreign player rules. You will probably be able to find some stuff for that on either Steam or in the Download section.

Releasing players will be a lot of work, but is relatively easy, but editing team 'attractibility' is a lot of work again.

I am playing FM19.  I have created a club using the editor (not the create a club feature) and loaded the game.  It has assigned me one of the generic icons from the normal create a club icon chooser.  Is there anyway to change that icon to another one of the generic ones provided by the game?  Basically I just don't like the one it assigned me.  

I'm looking for a comprehensive list of id's that come under the title of id="property" on an xml file when you edit. Mainly looking for one that affect players and staff, for example '1348890209' = First Name. Any help would be great, thanks

Hi everyone.

I'm playing FM20 and I am trying to create an EDT file with custom media sources so that it gets applied to my save files. Yet I cannot get them to work. Do you guys have a template or something like that?

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

Does the licenses & clubs name fix work for FM Touch as well? Any different instructions?

Sssssst ;) No licensing discussion on the forum please.

On 31/07/2020 at 00:51, Toronto Blizzard said:

Can anyone tell me which settings control the colour of the circle around the club logo on the player screen?   Is it considered the background colour on the club's main page?

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 6.43.42 PM.png

I think it is yes

17 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

You mean for a player or a coach?

I mean for both players and coaches which are based in a certain nation. i.e. By default contracts are expiring on June 30. I want to change this to April 30, since the competitions are ending on April 15.

5 hours ago, umk said:

I mean for both players and coaches which are based in a certain nation. i.e. By default contracts are expiring on June 30. I want to change this to April 30, since the competitions are ending on April 15.

I have to look that up. During the work on the Iron Curtain there were a few countries where I saw a rule specifying June 30th. That means it can be changed for players (not sure for a coaches).

Found it.

You will have to go into Advanced Rules for that and create National rules for each country you want it (use the add new cup or lower divisions).

When you have the Advanced Rules, go to the Nation and there to Transfer. Under Transfer you will find Transfer Rules. The second option is the Contract Expiry Month.

This is probably a stupid question but i can't seem to find the Marking staff attribute in the editor. It's there in the in game editor (pep has 5, conte has 11, inzaghi has 15), and every manager has a marking style. Is this attribute somewhere in the editor or is it just set randomly at the start of each game?

On 30/07/2020 at 18:51, Toronto Blizzard said:

Can anyone tell me which settings control the colour of the circle around the club logo on the player screen?   Is it considered the background colour on the club's main page?

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 6.43.42 PM.png

It's in the Jerseys and Colors, home jersey, text section

image.thumb.png.57095279bb6258cae93f04a1788a0865.png

On 24/07/2020 at 14:06, turbobalaclava said:

I am playing FM19.  I have created a club using the editor (not the create a club feature) and loaded the game.  It has assigned me one of the generic icons from the normal create a club icon chooser.  Is there anyway to change that icon to another one of the generic ones provided by the game?  Basically I just don't like the one it assigned me.  

You need to create a logo and assign it via the graphics folders.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Under Non Player Data >> Tendencies: Will use Man Marking

Still can't find it. Even restarted the editor to see if it was an issue with that. Is it just not possible to search for this? Screenshots are in the spoiler.

Edit: Found them in each manager's page, but is there any way to search for them?

Spoiler

StaffTraits1.thumb.png.817bf2d6082d2c849c36b1f620cf0035.pngStaffTraits2.thumb.png.e36dec9b044f29b793ada70f206a9c1f.png

Edited by TheTalbotHound