Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Hey all.

I’m creating a lower league extension with new leagues and clubs and I’m trying to force the game to have one team as the dominant force.

What is the best way to do this? I’m assuming making their rep/budget way above the others would help but are there any other data points I should be looking at to help decide this fate?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/11/2020 at 09:15, gibbo11 said:

Hey all.

I’m creating a lower league extension with new leagues and clubs and I’m trying to force the game to have one team as the dominant force.

What is the best way to do this? I’m assuming making their rep/budget way above the others would help but are there any other data points I should be looking at to help decide this fate?

adjusting the numbers for the club's training, youth etc should help sustain it over time as well

On 14/11/2020 at 18:30, wkdsoul said:

Anyone know a way to reduce (but not remove)  players moving abroad other than "would prefer to play in xx country" as a player vision

you want to do this for players, clubs or leagues?

I,ve got teams being relegated into 2 x20 teams conferences. Is it possible to have them in a pool and the ‘leagues’ drawn at the start of every season? So promotion/ relegation as standard but mix up the draw ever season.

Is there a setting to increase how many youth players clubs in a particular nation or competition get every year? I know you can edit the youth quality to enhance how good they are but I just want clubs to get bigger intakes. In a created competition I've got third division clubs going the whole year with six 'real' players and filling the rest of their squad with greyed out players. They seem to get about three youth players every year and I'd like to boost this.

Related question, can I do anything to get teams with limited number of 'real' players to sign unattached players from the same country?  In my game with a small fictional country there are players who get picked in the national squad every month but never sign another club contract. I can use real time editors to assign these players to appropriate teams but woulkd prefer that the game did it automatically.  

On 15/11/2020 at 02:57, Wolf_pd said:

Also, just check if the game allows you to buy the IGE, since you are on Epic.

It is, interestingly I couldn't find it using the Epic app, so I found it on the web version of the epic store, added it to my wishlist, and completed the purchase within the app.

It's working fine btw - took me a while and some research to figure out that the reason I couldn't get it working initially was that I always refused to allow epic to connect to SI on startup (I generally never allow apps to talk to 3rd parties for privacy reasons) Once I did that, and accessed the downloads menu item within fm2020 it was all good. I note that I have to go to the downloads menu item each time I start the game to enable the editor, which seems a little clunky to me, but nvm.

Thanks again!

10 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

I,ve got teams being relegated into 2 x20 teams conferences. Is it possible to have them in a pool and the ‘leagues’ drawn at the start of every season? So promotion/ relegation as standard but mix up the draw ever season.

There should be a checkbox that allows for that at the start of the season.  Need to whether that is basic or advanced.

9 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Is there a setting to increase how many youth players clubs in a particular nation or competition get every year? I know you can edit the youth quality to enhance how good they are but I just want clubs to get bigger intakes. In a created competition I've got third division clubs going the whole year with six 'real' players and filling the rest of their squad with greyed out players. They seem to get about three youth players every year and I'd like to boost this.

Related question, can I do anything to get teams with limited number of 'real' players to sign unattached players from the same country?  In my game with a small fictional country there are players who get picked in the national squad every month but never sign another club contract. I can use real time editors to assign these players to appropriate teams but woulkd prefer that the game did it automatically.  

For question 1, no, although using a bigger database might help you as the game will have a certain amount of players and makes sure to stay around that amount.

No, you can't force teams to sign players.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

There should be a checkbox that allows for that at the start of the season.  Need to whether that is basic or advanced.

Now to work out if i can get this idea into the USA.  expand the MLS to 20 teams with promotion/relegation under each conference separetly but with cross conference fixures at each level. 

thumbnail_image001.png.ac0888fec208110c394883a8bcede6ea.png

Hello there,

Do you know if it's possible, through LNC files or another method, to grant a different gender (not English language ; here French) for a short name club and a long name club (same club) ?

I know the string CLUB_GENDER_CHANGE (LNC file) which works correctly but will define the gender of the two names (long and short). The strings CLUB_LONG_GENDER_CHANGE and CLUB_SHORT_GENDER_CHANGE work, but they too change the genders of the two different names at the same time.

So that was my question, I know a lot of you play in the English language (so no gender) but I sincerely hope that someone knows the answer here (I'm truly desperate and French ; horrible combo).

Thank you in advance in any case already for having read me. Good day to you !

15 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Maybe by giving them feeder clubs with "players move freely" ticked, they'd also be getting the lower clubs intake? (like barca B)

re: the second question, there may be an issue with wages/club rep being too low for them to join? Could you change their "based" nation to their home country, if they've recently been playing abroad?

18 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Players.  So they stay in the ‘home nation’ more likely.  

to be clear - you want the players within the league to be more reluctant to move abroad?

You can add your own nation in your nation transfer preferences and set all values to full. Or in reverse add regions/continents and set level of transfer activity to limited or none.

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

re: the second question, there may be an issue with wages/club rep being too low for them to join? Could you change their "based" nation to their home country, if they've recently been playing abroad?

Thanks, I think this is it. I had one of the national team players regularly scoring international goals while a free agent, then finally after the same team had won the championship three seasons in a row they suddenly got interested in him.

My team reputation settings are relatively low (max of 1500 for the top flight teams) but they all start with reasonable finances and the low wages on offer should mean they've got plenty of room for signing players with higher wages. I don't want to shift reputations up too much further so might play around with transfer preferences to potentially get clubs in other countries interested in signing them. If all else fails I'll just use an in-game editor to put them somewhere realistic.

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

There are even settings somewhere in there to set the average wages for certain types of players at clubs or leagues, i.e. first team, rotation, backup etc, but then you're overriding the normal procedure where the game figures it out on its own based on finances/rep

You can do wages/transfer fees via reputation by editing a nation. I'm trying these on my next version (holding to start again on FM21) because otherwise everyone of my fictional nationality has rock bottom value - many of them $0. I don't want it to go too high given the country is supposed to sit around 150th in the FIFA rankings but even $500/$1000 for professional players would be better.

Can you safely merge two editor data files with advanced rules and their own national league?

I wonder how Dan BHTFC managed to gather England, Jersey and Guernsey leagues in one file.

The reason is that I would like to merge some complex files to make some ID/objects in common (some instance competitions IDs).

Edited by Shenmue-X

I’ve setup my two main conferences to draw teams from a pool, but how do I make it so u can watch the draw? It appears on the correct date and setup etc but just skips over the date with the draw done the next day. Am I missing a televise draw tick box somewhere?

14 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

I’ve setup my two main conferences to draw teams from a pool, but how do I make it so u can watch the draw? It appears on the correct date and setup etc but just skips over the date with the draw done the next day. Am I missing a televise draw tick box somewhere?

Sounds like you missed a checkbox somewhere yes. Can't say for sure which one exactly.

On 19/11/2020 at 06:47, Shenmue-X said:

Can you safely merge two editor data files with advanced rules and their own national league?

I wonder how Dan BHTFC managed to gather England, Jersey and Guernsey leagues in one file.

The reason is that I would like to merge some complex files to make some ID/objects in common (some instance competitions IDs).

Doesn't he have them all as one nation under England? With Jersey and Guernsey just being regional areas of England?

Just now, Wolf_pd said:

Doesn't he have them all as one nation under England? With Jersey and Guernsey just being regional areas of England?

He doesn't. Jersey and Guernsey are respectively Commonwealth of Soviet States and Pre-1922 Ireland in his file.

26 minutes ago, Shenmue-X said:

He doesn't. Jersey and Guernsey are respectively Commonwealth of Soviet States and Pre-1922 Ireland in his file.

Then I would have to check the file. It is possible to add teams from different nations to a competition, like Welsh teams are playing in England. It is not possible to combine more than one competion in a file, unless you start adding them together via XML.

6 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Then I would have to check the file. It is possible to add teams from different nations to a competition, like Welsh teams are playing in England. It is not possible to combine more than one competion in a file, unless you start adding them together via XML.

I just checked and you're right. They do have their own nation page and national team but don't have playable leagues. My memory was confused by the list of clubs and divisions.

20201120160320_1.thumb.jpg.cda2d605a4767d0ca412db90c9a86844.jpg

Edited by Shenmue-X

12 hours ago, Shenmue-X said:

I don't understand the UI logic.

Why do some feature have two boxes to check like "Use Runner Up as backup"?

20201120213520_1.jpg

Good question. If you would see something like that for the Champions League it could have to do with the ordering how the Champions League picks the teams.

If the CL would pick the Winner of the CL first and then the champions of a competition, that would mean the Champion of, say England, is already picked, so the Runner-up is needed as backup.

13 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Maybe a quick setting up the USA in advanced rules and see if you can find some wisdom there? Does help me with new ideas on occasion.

I think its set by the actual MLS file itself.  

If i find the code for a thing i want in the advanced and exract it into a basic version xml, how likely am i tu bugger things up? 

Are non-playable leagues valuable enough to test the reliability of editor data files?

I'm going to start a heavy simulation so I'm seeking ways to accelerate the calculation.

If you don't know, do you have some verified editor data file you're sure it's buggy and makes your save crash after some time so I can test it myself? :D

Edited by Shenmue-X

11 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

I think its set by the actual MLS file itself.  

If i find the code for a thing i want in the advanced and exract it into a basic version xml, how likely am i tu bugger things up? 

I think it won't be in the file.

8 hours ago, Shenmue-X said:

Are non-playable leagues valuable enough to test the reliability of editor data files?

I'm going to start a heavy simulation so I'm seeking ways to accelerate the calculation.

If you don't know, do you have some verified editor data file you're sure it's buggy and makes your save crash after some time so I can test it myself? :D

Do you plan to use the non-playable leagues afterwards as well?

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Do you plan to use the non-playable leagues afterwards as well?

They have to be playable for my future save.

I plan to do a long-term game with all of them together, although I have yet to polish some mods like Monaco: I still have to find how to get neutral venues in regular league, I will continue my work on pregame editor during the simulation.

My simulation is also designed to help me to understand the role of the "double box" we talked yesterday as I'm trying to safely integrate the International Champions Cup and other friendly tournaments (designed by modder Rabcp). The ICC seems to be a calendar headache since I want to invite teams from AFC confederation and I don't know how it may collapse with the new FIFA Club World Cup.

It's a massive selection with 230 nation-based files (mostly designed by Sangue Blu, Reinalda and Weiry), and 14 extranational competitions (mostly designed by Nabildx) plus a dozen of cosmetic fmf files (mostly by Majesticeternity).

https://textup.fr/505751rc

Edited by Shenmue-X

Hey, I have two simple questions:

I have XML file made fro FM19 (working just fine), when I changed colors for kits, name of the team (instead of existed one) and made some additions for the squad (like some players are contracted to my team)/

The question: is it gonna work for FM21? do I need to "process" some how that file?

And the second question is kind of the same. I have FMF file with the pyramid fully activated for FM2020 of some league. Is it good for FM21 too?

Hi, I'm a beginner at modding the game but I'm trying to make a simple mod that changes all the English U18 teams into U19 teams.

I used Advanced Rules and changed the Reserve Rules for England to create U19 teams instead of U18 teams, and I changed all the U18 competitions to U19 competitions and edited their names accordingly.

But now if I test these rules they fail, it says "New stage 0 for English FA Youth Cup can't find enough teams to be created. 91 teams found, 160 needed."

I tried to add all the leagues to "Leagues With Non-Optional Reserve Teams" but that didn't change the error.

Can anyone help with some advice here about how to resolve the error?

Hi,

I normally play FMTouch but have been messing around with full FM while waiting for FM2021 and have a query on the in game editor.  I am playing as Saint Etienne and want to make some of the squad better from a potential point of view.  I am not changing their current attributes, I just want to make their potential better, so I don't have to bring in so many better players and its down to me to bring out that potential via training.

Is it just a case of upping their potential value and leaving the rest like their current rating alone?  What I am kinda doing is for example, Honorot 22 year old with his current stats and potential wont be good enough, but I am adding 10 to his potential so that its not crazy levels, I am not trying to turn him into the new Messi, his potential goes from 32 to 42.

I basically don't want to cheat by increasing their current attributes, but I want to keep the squad I have and not have to make multiple changes.

Thanks Ed

2 hours ago, edhdurham said:

Is it just a case of upping their potential value and leaving the rest like their current rating alone?  What I am kinda doing is for example, Honorot 22 year old with his current stats and potential wont be good enough, but I am adding 10 to his potential so that its not crazy levels, I am not trying to turn him into the new Messi, his potential goes from 32 to 42.

Sounds like a good way to me.

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Check in Advanced Rules which teams are picked by the English FA youth cup and whether there are any age rules regarding U18 hidden in there.

I looked at every option under that competition but I didn't see anything, I really don't understand how the FA Youth Cup picks teams, it's sort of a weird competition.

HOWEVER I discovered that I can accomplish almost the same thing in a much easier way by changing England in Advanced Rules to have younger youth intake by setting "Youth Player Minimum Age" to 14 or 15 from its default 16. This should give my youth extra time in the U18 team which is what I want. I tested this and it works well, set at 14 my youth intake became all 14 and 15 year olds instead of 16 and 17 year olds.

So now I'm wondering if it's possible to change the age at which youth players can move nations. i.e. if I (managing in England) sign a Brazilian U18 kid the transfer won't happen until he's 18. And If I sign a French 15 yo he doesn't move until he's 16. Is there an editor option which changes this? Is it just a matter of being able to sign a senior contract with me?

5 minutes ago, Scottababc said:

For the FM 21 pregame editor, does anyone know what peak potential ability does? And how it is different from the potential ability range? (Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question)

Not at the min.  Team is abit snowed under.  We'll try and find out what they relate too asap :)

In the new FM21 Pregame Editor, if I start with a clean database and then add Nation rules for England (choosing "Add To Existing Structure"), then just run a test of rules without changing anything, it fails finding the proper number of teams for the Vanarama leagues and various U23 and U18 leagues.

Is this just me? Is this a bug? Can anyone make English rules validate yet? I just want to tweak the youth intake age and remove Brexit.

1 minute ago, BedeviledEgg said:

In the new FM21 Pregame Editor, if I start with a clean database and then add Nation rules for England (choosing "Add To Existing Structure"), then just run a test of rules without changing anything, it fails finding the proper number of teams for the Vanarama leagues and various U23 and U18 leagues.

Is this just me? Is this a bug? Can anyone make English rules validate yet? I just want to tweak the youth intake age and remove Brexit.

Been raised in the forums, a few people have noticed this with various leagues. 

keep an eye on that thread for a fix/update.