Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

I got a question - in the editor you have something like Highest Potenial Ability

In the case of Pogba he has:
CA: 167
PA: 176
Highest CA: 178
Highest PA: 192

So what exacly does Highest PA & CA mean can they reach it again or does it have no influence on the game?
I'm confused :D

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Ori said:

How do I enable 5 subs in the Premier League?

If you use pre-game editor:

Add nation rules-->choose england--->add lower divisions---> convert to advanced---> choose premier league from drop menu.

Go to stages--->stage 0 ---> league section and find substitution rules and change it to whatever you want.

Save your file, test rules and save again.

If you use in-game editor - i dont know i dont use this.

On 26/12/2020 at 15:47, Captain Krakatoa said:

Really a novice question, but What exactly is making some editor data crash with each other?

Usually a matter of competitions files that can't work together. Data should not be an issue, unless you are removing something.

Simple straight question: is it possible to edit a single database item (e.g. competitions, stage names, awards, exc...) in different languages inside the same db? Can I translate, just to say, a newly created award name in French, German or Italian inside my database?

I tried to load the same editor file in the editor loading different data languages, too. However, the changes have always been applied to the name in all languages.

Do you think my best option is to use an lnc file to translate the names in this case?

14 minutes ago, gibbo11 said:

A second question too please, how do I get the histories to show just one year, and not over two years like below. I have set the season start and end dates within one year so not sure what else I need to do

image.png.97f3478d42399d5427403f03eecc3054.png

Try to set start month and end month in same year.

4 hours ago, gibbo11 said:

Can anyone show me where I can change the 'round names'. As you can see below I have a mix of English and French within the round names and I have no idea where I can find how to change it:

image.png.63939a3d5495a8d47ee0667303126459.png

Find stage names in database and change names as you wish.

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Start month and end month

Screenshot_256.thumb.png.10e61b60ab9f102003551c42a06ed66f.png

Thanks! I've managed to do this and it's amended to just one year now, though not the year I was hoping for. 2020 has finished but it has created a 2021 line instead:

image.png.fdd5110fba52a02e09dbde7458732b79.png

Am I right in thinking this is because I left the End Year Offset as 1? I need to change this to 0 correct?

1 minute ago, gibbo11 said:

Thanks! I've managed to do this and it's amended to just one year now, though not the year I was hoping for. 2020 has finished but it has created a 2021 line instead:

image.png.fdd5110fba52a02e09dbde7458732b79.png

Am I right in thinking this is because I left the End Year Offset as 1? I need to change this to 0 correct?

probably

2 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Is there a quick way to remove failed changes in an xml after a merge?

First you need to understand why you have failed changes. Sometimes you have some changes for data that are no longer in database. For example - players transfer or somerthing from previous database. If that players is no longer in database you will have failed change.

Sometimes you can have failed changes because you merged file in wrong order. For example cant change something if your data is not created yet. Merge is very tricky option and its best not to use it if not needed 100%.

13 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

First you need to understand why you have failed changes. Sometimes you have some changes for data that are no longer in database. For example - players transfer or somerthing from previous database. If that players is no longer in database you will have failed change.

Sometimes you can have failed changes because you merged file in wrong order. For example cant change something if your data is not created yet. Merge is very tricky option and its best not to use it if not needed 100%.

It’s mostly kit and club changes as far as I can tell from a merged kit correction file sortitoutsi release each year.   Might be easier to clean up than make a new one (my kit folder is a mess of kits from.15-21 but I’d rather have a graphic than not.

On 19/12/2020 at 18:41, GreatMarinho said:

I got a question - in the editor you have something like Highest Potenial Ability

In the case of Pogba he has:
CA: 167
PA: 176
Highest CA: 178
Highest PA: 192

So what exacly does Highest PA & CA mean can they reach it again or does it have no influence on the game?
I'm confused :D

I am wondering about this too.

What's the best way to set multiple year league rules?

Use Start/end Year offset or start/end year?

For 3 different year rules should be this?

Start Year 2020 - End Year 2020
Start Year 2021 - End Year 2021
Start Year 2022 (without end year) 

With all Year Interval set to 1

image.thumb.png.ff92e0484af1bd8accd99163f5ff1acc.png

On 29/12/2020 at 17:50, wkdsoul said:

@krlenjushka Do you know if there is a way to see which clubs have no created shirts/kist in the editor?

I will take a look.

EDIT:  @wkdsoul i cant find any solution to add this to filters. However only way to see this is to take a look at competition-->licensed kits section i guess. 

On 28/12/2020 at 09:47, gibbo11 said:

Can anyone show me where I can change the 'round names'. As you can see below I have a mix of English and French within the round names and I have no idea where I can find how to change it:

image.png.63939a3d5495a8d47ee0667303126459.png

You need to go to rules, if it is in basic is easy... it's harder in advance, as you need to verify all names in each stage.

It's really embarassing at this point. The editor bug where cups with preliminary rounds where clubs eliminated gets in the next stage instead of proper new teams is still there... after i've reported it as bug last year.

What is the f*****g point of reporting bugs if they aren't going to fix them not only in the same version... but in the next one as well?

1 minute ago, DMaster2 said:

It's really embarassing at this point. The editor bug where cups with preliminary rounds where clubs eliminated gets in the next stage instead of proper new teams is still there... after i've reported it as bug last year.

What is the f*****g point of reporting bugs if they aren't going to fix them not only in the same version... but in the next one as well?

This really happened (to me) when using miscellaneous rounds in basic rules.  If you do the automatic rounds then this doesn't happen.  To solve this you need to change it to advance rules, and modify several steps in order to the proper clubs enter in their proper round.

But to help you more I need more info, like if the cup is national/international.

8 hours ago, krakonico said:

You need to go to rules, if it is in basic is easy... it's harder in advance, as you need to verify all names in each stage.

Managed to find the file that was causing the change and amended in the database, cheers though

6 minuti fa, krakonico ha scritto:

This really happened (to me) when using miscellaneous rounds in basic rules.  If you do the automatic rounds then this doesn't happen.  To solve this you need to change it to advance rules, and modify several steps in order to the proper clubs enter in their proper round.

But to help you more I need more info, like if the cup is national/international.

I'm trying to do a yearly world cup, with all the 227 nations in. Basically my idea was a preliminary round of 198 nations (!!!), 99 qualified to which 29 gets added (should be the 29 with the best national ranking on paper, but ofc for the game it isn't even if you select "seeded by world ranking" since i get nations like France, Brazil, England, Italy and co. in the preliminary when i've tested) for a group stage of 16 groups with 8 nations each. 32 qualified (top 2), then normal elimination round until the final.

And unfortunately i'm no good with the advanced editor, i've tried checking it out many times but i just don't get how to make things there. I really need they FIX THE DAMN BASIC EDITOR.

Edited by DMaster2

Quick Question involving creating Cup competitions. Say you merged two countries into one league system for example the classic England and Scotland but you wanted each to have a separate cup competition eg one with just the English clubs and one with just the Scottish clubs. How would you go about doing it, if you add the team to the cup in the teams panel it removes them from the league division, when you create the cup in the nation rules the only option for adding a team is by selecting the league to get them from (unless I'm missing something obvious). I even tried selecting all the leagues and adding the teams I wanted to the "registered teams" but that doesn't work either. Thanks for any help I am sure there is a simple solution I am being to stupid to spot. 

So basically I'm looking to create a cup competition that uses specific clubs rather than using all teams from "X" league

Edited by chris011

Quick question about the format the dates are saved as in competition histories.

So basically I have a competition that takes place over a single year but the dates in the history are showing as played over 2 years.

For example the Brazilian Serie A uses a single date "2019" format where as the English Premier league is over 2 years "2019/20"

By default the editor records as over 2 years, was wondering does anyone know where the option is to change to a single year format 

5 minutes ago, SPUDSPUD said:

Quick question about the format the dates are saved as in competition histories.

So basically I have a competition that takes place over a single year but the dates in the history are showing as played over 2 years.

For example the Brazilian Serie A uses a single date "2019" format where as the English Premier league is over 2 years "2019/20"

By default the editor records as over 2 years, was wondering does anyone know where the option is to change to a single year format 

Start/End months settings:

Screenshot_256.thumb.png.5de5c0532bde6a85d21646695e37ccbe.png

33 minutes ago, chris011 said:

Quick Question involving creating Cup competitions. Say you merged two countries into one league system for example the classic England and Scotland but you wanted each to have a separate cup competition eg one with just the English clubs and one with just the Scottish clubs. How would you go about doing it, if you add the team to the cup in the teams panel it removes them from the league division, when you create the cup in the nation rules the only option for adding a team is by selecting the league to get them from (unless I'm missing something obvious). I even tried selecting all the leagues and adding the teams I wanted to the "registered teams" but that doesn't work either. Thanks for any help I am sure there is a simple solution I am being to stupid to spot. 

So basically I'm looking to create a cup competition that uses specific clubs rather than using all teams from "X" league

You can add all english teams to some secondary division and also all scottish teams to another secondary division.

After that just add that line first - add all team from division - set that secondary division and use ignore option.

After that add all others teams you want - game will add only scottish teams to your cup.

You can add all english teams to some secondary division and also all scottish teams to another secondary division.

After that just add that line first - add all team from division - set that secondary division and use ignore option.

After that add all others teams you want - game will add only scottish teams to your cup.

Hi thanks massive help.

Managed to get some way to achieving the structure discussed here for an international cup competition but I'm stuck on an error message when testing which reads "New stage 1 for (Union Cup) can't find enough teams to be created. 0 teams found. 64 needed". I can't work out why teams aren't qualifying from the first round (stage 0). Because of the error when testing I'm unable to test it in-game.

spacer.png

I then tried to get around it by ticking 'Don't add stage if not enough teams' to each later round, just to see if round 1 matches were even being played, and got this error which makes no sense. There are only 22 teams in the VNLN.  I'm also not editing the nation rules for England, this is a continental competition (under 'other cups').

spacer.png

To complicate things further I have made other changes to the database including bringing Scottish teams into the English system, but this on it's own has been tested extensively without any issues, so should be unrelated to this particular issue. 

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (52).png

210103_GB COMBINED LEAGUE EURO Advanced.fmf GB COMBINED LEAGUE test.xml

On 02/01/2021 at 13:45, SPUDSPUD said:

On 02/01/2021 at 13:52, krlenjushka said:

Start/End months settings:

Screenshot_256.thumb.png.5de5c0532bde6a85d21646695e37ccbe.png

Usually we had two options to play at Brazil, like start of 2020 season or start of 2021. Now it seems only the later is possible. If I load UK and Brazil, and begin playng at England on July, Brazil will only have games on 2021.

Ive tried to fiddle with the editor and was able to start the save on december 2019, but nonetheless would have to wait like 400 days for the competition start.

Am I doing anything wrong, or this is hard coded some how?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Andreh68 said:

Usually we had two options to play at Brazil, like start of 2020 season or start of 2021. Now it seems only the later is possible. If I load UK and Brazil, and begin playng at England on July, Brazil will only have games on 2021.

Ive tried to fiddle with the editor and was able to start the save on december 2019, but nonetheless would have to wait like 400 days for the competition start.

Am I doing anything wrong, or this is hard coded some how?

Thanks

Thinks that's hardcoded, I'm sure Miles said something about this on Twitter, you wouldn't be able to play Brazil from the start of 2020 due to the virus or I might be miss remembering 

4 hours ago, L55DS said:

Managed to get some way to achieving the structure discussed here for an international cup competition but I'm stuck on an error message when testing which reads "New stage 1 for (Union Cup) can't find enough teams to be created. 0 teams found. 64 needed". I can't work out why teams aren't qualifying from the first round (stage 0). Because of the error when testing I'm unable to test it in-game.

spacer.png

I then tried to get around it by ticking 'Don't add stage if not enough teams' to each later round, just to see if round 1 matches were even being played, and got this error which makes no sense. There are only 22 teams in the VNLN.  I'm also not editing the nation rules for England, this is a continental competition (under 'other cups').

spacer.png

To complicate things further I have made other changes to the database including bringing Scottish teams into the English system, but this on it's own has been tested extensively without any issues, so should be unrelated to this particular issue. 

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (52).png

210103_GB COMBINED LEAGUE EURO Advanced.fmf 30.14 kB · 0 downloads GB COMBINED LEAGUE test.xml 543.86 kB · 0 downlo

Ok, managed to fix the first issue and the 'Union Cup' seems to work as intended, but I've still got this strange issue with Vanarama National League North teams. Clearly there are only 22 in the league yet I'm getting this error saying there's 25. Weirdly, if I remove any team from the English U18's system, the Vanarama North problem goes away, but then when I load the file in-game it won't let me start in England with an U18's team missing from any of the divisions.

Screenshot (53).png

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (55).png

210103_GB COMBINED LEAGUE EURO Advanced.fmf GB COMBINED LEAGUE test.xml

1 hour ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

Thinks that's hardcoded, I'm sure Miles said something about this on Twitter, you wouldn't be able to play Brazil from the start of 2020 due to the virus or I might be miss remembering 

Doesn't  make much sense, as there is a 2020 season ongoing... too bad.

Thank you for replying!

I've created an u21 youth tournament, however while the tournament works in terms of restricting the players to u21 players, all the fixtures appear in the senior teams schedule. How do I get the fixtures out of the senior schedule and into the u21 team's schedule?

2 hours ago, Shenmue-X said:

Hi,

How to randomize kits in the fm editor? Can we randomize the club colours too?

You have option called "randomise kits" in editor. Edit--->randomise kits---> choose club or division or country.

Its quite simple.

26 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You have option called "randomise kits" in editor. Edit--->randomise kits---> choose club or division or country.

Its quite simple.

Thx. My nose sensibility isn't as skilled as a dog's one, that's why.