Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

All database changes have been made in the 1 file (The England one). The others edit advanced nation rules but do not have database changes in them. The only exception is where I've created a new competition in one of the other nations, but I've now found it's easiest to do that in the England file and just set the nation to wherever it's based- thereby avoiding the problem in my initial question where several competitions share the same ID. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to create a fictional league for a youtube project, but I want the games to be staggered so I can attend every game, is this possible? Failing that I want to be sure I can view highlights of every game, because I want to clip them for the project (sort of like a football round up show) how would I do that?

Do you know how to allow terracing? FM seems to forbid terracing by default for international competitions.

[edit]

I found it.

stadium rules>stadium requirements>is terracing allowed

Edited by Shenmue-X

Trying to create an award for my FM20 international competition but the award is blank ingame.

Btw, I don't understand how you are supposed to display the competition award for international competition. Even in the default world cup, there's no option to display the world cup best player award.

I have a question about 'Stadium Requirements' and the 'Maximum Tolerance' option. I want my first division to have 20,000 minimum capacity and my second division to have 15,000 but if one team gets promoted two years in a row(3rd-2nd, then 2nd-1st) I don't want them to build a brand new stadium. So my question about 'Maximum Tolerance' is, if I put it to 5000, does that mean that a club with a 15,000 stadium does not have to build a new one? 

2 minutes ago, gareth.bickley said:

I am creating my Sunday league team and wanted to know if I can add photos of players to their profiles, and if so how do I do it?

Check in skinning section of the forum.  I know it can be done but graphics isnt my thing.

Hello everyone, I have a question I'd like your help with:

Does FM create players of the "appropriate" level when filling teams that have not enough players? (or not players at all).

By "appropriate" I mean players that have an overall level similar to squads of teams of similar reputation to the one assigned to this team.

The point is that I'm creating a custom league, where I will create many teams from scratch and assign them a reputation, but I don't want to have to create a full squad for each one, and I was hoping that FM would be wise enough to do it when using the "create players for playable teams" option.

Any info would be helpful. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Champol said:

Hello everyone, I have a question I'd like your help with:

Does FM create players of the "appropriate" level when filling teams that have not enough players? (or not players at all).

By "appropriate" I mean players that have an overall level similar to squads of teams of similar reputation to the one assigned to this team.

The point is that I'm creating a custom league, where I will create many teams from scratch and assign them a reputation, but I don't want to have to create a full squad for each one, and I was hoping that FM would be wise enough to do it when using the "create players for playable teams" option.

Any info would be helpful. Thank you!

You have answer to this question in your thread. Players generated for teams without any players at same level and with same reputation were much worse than real players. Real players are too strong in some lower league clubs - but still difference was too big.

6 minutes ago, olivier95160 said:

Hi all, I'm setting up a custom database and i have league games during international breaks. I'd like to avoid games during these periods, do you have any tips to sort this?

You have option under schedule (advanced rules not basic) - option to check clashes with type of other games. Domestic only, international...

Can I ask what process is used to create a custom database, such as a retro one, and any tips.

I have downloaded a .fmf file with no players, my attempts delete non-players and the editor seems to freeze.

1) Do others delete all persons in game when creating a retro database?

2) I have read excel, script, XML thread and will make attempts with this, but is this method how other create large numbers new persons? 

Any other advice much appreciated.

I'm  currently adding a new league structure to a country. I have 7 active divisions and want the lowest division to relegate to a non-playable division. What do I do to the non-playable 'division 8' to add that into the system? If I set it as an 'inactive other division' or 'inactive competition' it isn't available to add.

4 hours ago, lckyby said:

I'm  currently adding a new league structure to a country. I have 7 active divisions and want the lowest division to relegate to a non-playable division. What do I do to the non-playable 'division 8' to add that into the system? If I set it as an 'inactive other division' or 'inactive competition' it isn't available to add.

Set it as normal division in database. In nation rules you should set it as inactive.

Hi all, I've got a puzzler that I can't work out - you may know of Bermuda Hogges, a defunct club that are hard coded to only allow signings from the club's nation.  As a fun idea, I've moved Valletta in Malta to Serie D by making them defunct and setting the new club to Bermuda Hogges, renamed of course.  However, when I load up the game despite the fact the overview screen displays the new name, on the squad lists and in player/staff histories it still says Bermuda Hogges (see attached images).

Any experienced editors know why this could be happening?

2021-02-18.png

2021-02-05 (1).png

2021-02-05.png

On 03/02/2021 at 09:46, L55DS said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the Unique ID of a new competition?

I'm creating several in several databases that will be loaded into one save, so adding graphics gets complicated.

I cant help you with the changing unique ID's but if you are only looking for a solution to the adding graphics problem then I have the solution.

I recently discovered that in your config file for trophies and logos, instead of using the competition ID to assign the graphic you can instead use the full competition name.

So for example -

<record from="0123456" to="graphics/pictures/comp/0123456/trophy"/>

would become

<record from="0123456" to="graphics/pictures/comp/full competition name/trophy"/>

Also the competition name has to be all lower case in the config file or it wont work, hope this helps

I've been creating leagues with splits, so 24 teams play each other once then bottom and top half split and play each other once.

Is there a way to be able to view the post-split standings in the 'stages' tab? Or to be able to view the table in two seperate parts/groups? Until the playoffs start, I can only view the full league table (shown in attachment below).

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 13.35.33.png

On 18/02/2021 at 08:44, krlenjushka said:

Set it as normal division in database. In nation rules you should set it as inactive.

thanks

Edited by lckyby

Anyone know if this is a bug, or have i missed something?

Trying to set a club's friendlies to be played away from their main stadium, but almost all friendlies are still played at the main stadium. Sometimes (once every 5 or 10 years) a friendly will be played at one of the alternate stadiums specified but this doesn't happen often. Anyone know if there's a solution to this?

image.thumb.png.3e8795295e391176a9b33d0f1368d211.png

image.thumb.png.d3d4776c846fd452d81b9d42165221a8.png

Should setting next division work with advanced rules?

Activate Finnish lower divisions but using next division to set correct teams for season 2021 not working. As I start game from year 2021 teams are still from season 2020. 

11 hours ago, jadebyers122 said:

I have added loads of information (International information mostly) to a DB but it’s not showing up in games?

Maybe this isn't helpful at all, but did you make sure you ticked the correct editor file when creating your new game?
Which kind of info did you modify?

I have a question:
When creating new teams in the editor, how can I do it so the game automatically creates a stadium for it when starting a new game?
And will FM create a stadium according to the attendance values I set, or will it be a generic stadium for 5000 people?

I had previously created teams where a stadium called "Stadium of my_team_name" was automatically created, but now that I'm trying other things, only an "Unknown stadium" appears, which I can't access in-game, and has a capacity of 5000 people independetly of the attendance values I set on the pre-game editor :(
Anyone knows how this works?

Do someone knows how to increase the max. division level a reserve team can be promoted into ?

I try to allow reserve teams in France to reach the 3rd division (Championnat National) instead of the 4th (Championnat National 2). I ticked "Allow B teams to be promoted from lower division" in the rules of the 3rd division. Also tried "Allow B teams to be promoted into the lower division", and setting "Max number of B Teams" to a non-zero value... But nothing seems to be taken into account when creating a new save (with only this .fmf).

editor.png

Screenshot from 2021-02-25 16-11-51.png

Edited by dasnooz

I've had some difficulties with this too. There are lots of ways to allow / prevent B-teams being promoted and some settings override others.

Everything you have there looks good, so try going into the National 2 settings and check whether anything in the qualifying settings excludes them from being promoted. 

Also have a dig around in the stage flags and things.

1 hour ago, Prokopije said:

I tried to open my save file in notepad, but it turns out to be like this. Anyone knows how to "decode" it into something workable? Wanted to change PA name, so regular editors are unusable for me.

file.jpg

You need to extract your file as xml file. When u use save option its saved as fmf file.

Hi,

Sorry for the basic bitch question, but how do I stop relegation from the premier league?

Ive set up a phantasy football type scenario over three seasons, I’ve edited all the teams and player etc, but need to make sure no relegation occurs.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

How can I edit a league/nation to generate better players?

When I start a save in San Marino national league, players usually have 40-50 CA, but I want to edit this to 60-70 CA. This last interval is the average CA from players in 7th tier Italian football, and I'll be starting with San Marino Calcio there, so I want the Sammarinese newgens to be at least competitive in that league

3 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

How can I edit a league/nation to generate better players?

When I start a save in San Marino national league, players usually have 40-50 CA, but I want to edit this to 60-70 CA. This last interval is the average CA from players in 7th tier Italian football, and I'll be starting with San Marino Calcio there, so I want the Sammarinese newgens to be at least competitive in that league

I believe you can change the youth rating, like so:

image.thumb.png.f39e07b77408c2f85e743a2ee875c4b0.png

10 hours ago, MightyMaggyMay said:

Hello...

Need some advice regarding changing the amount of subs, it works but for the following season when a new game is started, so instead of the 20/21 season it stays at 3 subs but will change to 5 for the 21/22.

What could i be doing wrong ?

Cheers

Need more information. Maybe share the editor file. 

11 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Hi,

Sorry for the basic bitch question, but how do I stop relegation from the premier league?

Ive set up a phantasy football type scenario over three seasons, I’ve edited all the teams and player etc, but need to make sure no relegation occurs.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing this is possible in basic nation rules? Definitely in advanced nation rules.

Go to Rules > Add Nation Rules > England > Add lower divisions to existing structure. Then change Championship promotions and Premier League Relegations to 0.

2 hours ago, L55DS said:

I'm guessing this is possible in basic nation rules? Definitely in advanced nation rules.

Go to Rules > Add Nation Rules > England > Add lower divisions to existing structure. Then change Championship promotions and Premier League Relegations to 0.

You are wonderful, thank you!

Apologies if this has been asked before or is a stupid question but is there anything I can do at all to improve the speed of the pre-game editor? The time it is taking to process changes removing the contracts of 5000 players at a time for example will take upwards of 30 minutes. 

My laptop is pretty powerful but it's driving me mad it being this slow, any tips? 

Thanks

11 hours ago, L55DS said:

So, I tried this and the field are not changeable in basic and I can not find in advance, though I know it should be an easy fix.

Any help would be greatly recieved.

13 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So, I tried this and the field are not changeable in basic and I can not find in advance, though I know it should be an easy fix.

Any help would be greatly recieved.

On this screen- change the number of relegation spaces to 0.

image.thumb.png.f88776200ee139ad4daceebcaf4d8fd3.png

Then in the Championship, make the number of promotion spaces 0 too. 

image.thumb.png.9aca957d20b99988d22e1d9bbcb2cf0c.png

You can then remove the playoff stage altogether as you no longer have any playoffs:
image.thumb.png.80dfa87afd639885ce46797c604271c7.png

Test this and see if it works.

16 hours ago, MightyMaggyMay said:

What more info would you like mate ?

Well, what league are you looking at for a start? How did you change the number of subs allowed?

If your changes only apply after 2021 my first thought is have you applied the change to each of the list entries in the advanced editor? See here for example- some leagues like the national leagues have different rules depending on the number of teams involved. You need to make sure you apply your substitute changes to each.

image.png.d7b4c301f21ea1cd79223a994d263abb.png

It would be something else, but I dont know without more information on the problem. Sharing the editor file would be helpful. 

Hey, when I want to add multiple leagues to 1 level in a country's pyramid (which have slightly different rules), which league do I select under "Advanced Rules > Nation > Division Levels"?

I tried to create a parent league (e.g. Semi-Pro Divisions) but the two leagues have slightly different rules (one is 8 teams, with 2 rounds of games, the other is 16 teams with 1 round of games).

I don't want the divisions to be two separate levels, but I'm also not sure what to pick under the Advanced Rules > Nation > Division Levels section. I'm not entirely sure what this section is for, since you have to specify the division level within the competition itself. So why do you need to select specific divisions under the Division Levels section too?