Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

How do the language influence (language), federation financial power (nation), economic factor (nation), game importance (nation), state of development (nation), environment (stadium), and digital ad hoarding (stadium) values affect the game?

Also, does the altitude of a stadium have any impact on the condition of players throughout a match? 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I set to which league relegated teams go?

I have, let's say, League A and league B. I set League A as superior to league B but when I test rules it says that League B isn't set as the inferior league to League A so relegated teams from League A doesn't have a league to go. I can't find where to set that.

Right I am clearly Thicky McThickerson... I am grappling with the FIFA Club World Cup and I cannot verify my file.

After watching a youtube video on how to edit the champions league, here is what I have done:

I assigned the club world cup to Chile, and followed the youtube instructions to get to the advanced rules. Once there, I see the game has a 2018 version and a 2021 version. The 2021 version is utter crud so I have made that inactive. I then removed the flag in the 2018 version that would have stopped the competition in 2020, so it should continue. I removed the nation from the competition and saved my file. Now I cannot test the file to verify it. When I try I get this message. Can anyone help me out? 

problem with testing.jpg

Hello. I created my league and now I have a little problem with fixtures. They're not balanced. I set season start at mid February, and season end at mid December. Now, when I start game, I get a lot of games in March - August, but September - December just 2 or 3 per month. 

Is there (and how) way to manually set dates for each round, so that I have equal amount of games per month? 

When I created Cup for that league, there is option to select specific dates for each round, including group stage, but I can't find same option for league competition.

Edited by Prokopije

Hello I have a theoretical question :)

How does the game react if you have two databases that modify the same object (for example the name of a club) but not in the same way (two different names)

and let's say these databases only modify club names and nothing else

example : i want to rename PSG, on one database I'd write "Paris Saint Germain" and on another "Paris SG"

If I tick both databases, which name will appear in the game ? Is there a rule (maybe the most recently saved database will be implemented ?)

thank you

11 hours ago, junifan said:

Hello I have a theoretical question :)

How does the game react if you have two databases that modify the same object (for example the name of a club) but not in the same way (two different names)

and let's say these databases only modify club names and nothing else

example : i want to rename PSG, on one database I'd write "Paris Saint Germain" and on another "Paris SG"

If I tick both databases, which name will appear in the game ? Is there a rule (maybe the most recently saved database will be implemented ?)

thank you

I think that file which is last loaded will be present in game. Basically one with "lower" first letter (in it's name) in alphabetical order. If you save one file as AB and other as ZB, ZB will be present in your game. I might be wrong, but I think I've read something like that somewhere...

Edited by Prokopije

What is the point of current ability in the editor?

If 'recommended current ability' is the recommended value of current ability based on the attribute values, what is the point of allowing us to set the 'current ability' seperately to the attribute values? We could just set attribute values and the current ability  is set automatically to the RCA?

The main reason I can think of is:

• It is mainly used for youth/other players who may have 0/random attributes - in these cases, the CA is the 'input' and the game uses it to allocate random attribute values that create RCA = CA?

Any other thoughts?

Edited by CAE82
typo

9 hours ago, CAE82 said:

What is the point of current ability in the editor?

If 'recommended current ability' is the recommended value of current ability based on the attribute values, what is the point of allowing us to set the 'current ability' seperately to the attribute values? We could just set attribute values and the current ability  is set automatically to the RCA?

The main reason I can think of is:

• It is mainly used for youth/other players who may have 0/random attributes - in these cases, the CA is the 'input' and the game uses it to allocate random attribute values that create RCA = CA?

Any other thoughts?

Current ability set in the editor will be reflected in attributes (if these are not set) and vice versa. 

If you set CA and won't set attributes - the game will distribute attributes so the player will have attributes of CA you've set.

If you set attributes without CA - the game will calculate the CA from attributes (if you set the position of course). RCA is/was created mainly for us researchers to check if attributes we've set will match player's CA. Any irregularities will be amended by the game automatically (to avoid creating over/underpowered players)

Two related questions:

• Is it possible to remove a team from the initial Champions League or Europa League play, and swap them out for someone else? ie replace Man City with, say, West Ham?
  • Second, is it possible using the editor to ban a team from Europe for a year or more?

Sorry if this is already asked and answered elsewhere, I did search but couldn't find anything.

On 23/08/2021 at 13:42, mkeredbeard said:

Two related questions:

• Is it possible to remove a team from the initial Champions League or Europa League play, and swap them out for someone else? ie replace Man City with, say, West Ham?
  • Second, is it possible using the editor to ban a team from Europe for a year or more?

Sorry if this is already asked and answered elsewhere, I did search but couldn't find anything.

To change teams - yes. Go to competition, pick "Registered teams" section, and there you will see teams for first season. There you can change participants, just pick little arrow next to team name. 

About bans, I have no idea.

Edited by Prokopije

I was editing CL, Europa and the Super Cup sub rules and the actual name. For example,  I changed European Champions Cup to UEFA Champions League.   All went went well until I created a new game to test it out.  I noticed the Super Cup does not appear and the CL does not show up in club history. 

I don't know what I did wrong. 1690679796_ScreenShot08-29-21at10_50AM.thumb.PNG.e8c4fca1d25014b160335c0ed8d9c57f.PNG

Screen Shot 08-29-21 at 10.48 AM 001.PNG

Screen Shot 08-29-21 at 10.48 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 08-29-21 at 10.49 AM 001.PNG

Screen Shot 08-29-21 at 10.49 AM.PNG

Hi all, I've been working on this database on and off for a while and I have nearly got it working, unfortunately there is an error in it that I don't know how to fix (or even what is causing it) and was hoping someone could help?

The error is this - Across all leagues in Northern Ireland in this custom database, the teams will play out their seasons and finish the league campaign, the league history will be updated etc to reflect the winners of that league for that season, instead of a new season starting, with the leagues resetting, teams being relegated etc, the leagues basically freeze and don't restart, this includes the base game Northern Ireland leagues (the top 3 divisions) and instead of teams playing the 2021/22  league season, the league tables are stuck in 2020/21, while they continue to play cup matches for season 2021/22, I hope I've explained that well. I have no idea how to fix this and if anyone could have a quick look at my attached file that would be awesome.

ni3.fmf

EDIT: OPENED A NEW THREAD AND GOT THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR

Hi everyone.

Hope someone can help.

I created a league in Gibraltar from scratch. I've enabled an u23s league which successfully generates fixtures and plays as expected. 

The problem is, senior players are too old for the u23s and I don't know what option to select in the editor to allow my older first team players to be selected for the u23s. Can someone please tell me what option I should be looking for in the editor to allow this to happen? 

Thanks!

Edited by FM Terry

On 29/08/2021 at 10:51, Juventus said:

I was editing CL, Europa and the Super Cup sub rules and the actual name. For example,  I changed European Champions Cup to UEFA Champions League.   All went went well until I created a new game to test it out.  I noticed the Super Cup does not appear and the CL does not show up in club history. 

I don't know what I did wrong. 1690679796_ScreenShot08-29-21at10_50AM.thumb.PNG.e8c4fca1d25014b160335c0ed8d9c57f.PNG

Screen Shot 08-29-21 at 10.48 AM 001.PNG

Screen Shot 08-29-21 at 10.48 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 08-29-21 at 10.49 AM 001.PNG

Screen Shot 08-29-21 at 10.49 AM.PNG

I forgot to add the file. 

The file contains the UEFA tournaments. 

Bulgaria CL.fmf

I have an in depth Isle of Wight  project I was working on back in either FM17 or 19 (can't recall which offhand) that I never got around to completing. If I was to export that file as an xml and import into FM21, would I be able to just pick up where I left off, or would some of the details be lost in translation?

Thanks. :)

Unable to select lower league (Guzzem) team

Morning, 

I'm new here and wondered if you might be able to help me. I created two leagues in the FM21 pre editor (Nation - England) & yet once I load up the game I'm only able to select team to manage from the main league even though the game does acknowledge both leagues as can been seen in images attached here. I'm wondering if you can let me know what I have done wrong in the editor or what I have not done please

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 10.18.56.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 10.18.54.jpeg

I have poked around in the editor, and I haven't found an easy answer to this question, so I'm hoping the hive mind can help out. 

Is there a way in advance mode to ensure that leagues take off the times around the international friendlies every year? Right now I have league breaks around the specific dates in March, September, and October set for when the friendlies are in my first year, but those dates don't follow the friendly windows in year two and onward, so I end up with games where 10-15 of my players are unavailable. Also, is there a way to know what those dates are if there isn't an easy way to set that up? I'm an American who is newer to football fandom, so I don't have those dates locked into my memory yet.  

Is it possible to make USA teams or non-eu teams to "play" in europe, such that they will qualify for european competitions like champions/europa league? if so how would you do it? And to be clear, i am talking about migrating the entire league, not just moving one team to play in the Premier League for example.  Im using a 10 level USA pyramid database but I want the top league to be eligble for champions league in europe and not concaf.  So i can't just move all USA teams into the Austria league for example, I want to know if I can just make the game think USA is in europe naturally just like france is and have the whole pyramid. Thanks!

Hey guys!

I would like to change subs in national competitions like UEFA Euro champs, Nations league, FIFA World Cup (and qualifers too) etc due to Covid situations!

Default values are 3 from 7 (and extra one if we are speaking of knockout stages). I would like to change it from 3/7 to 5/12(+1 if needed)...

Luckily i had the opportunity to found an existing away goal custom file for EU competitions (CL, EL, ECL) and I also tweaked there and done it BUT...

But i dunno how to change national comps because i found them but i cannot change to advanced rules there. (greyed out)

Somebody please help me! What should I do? :)

Here it is, if I load default database and searching for example euro champs after I got this:

("Rules" section does not help me because I want to edit National team competitions?)

Thanks!

changenationsubs.png

Edited by Gabez

This has probably been asked and answered a thousand times, but here goes anyway...

I've changed everything about Gibraltar to be a fictional former Soviet state. The city Gibraltar, stadiums, clubs and players have been moved to England. I have then created new cities and so on for my new nation.

The problem is. Quite a lot of the newgens come with English or Spanish names even though I have everything connected to my new nation set with russian language...

How to fix it?

22 hours ago, Wild Dog said:

This has probably been asked and answered a thousand times, but here goes anyway...

I've changed everything about Gibraltar to be a fictional former Soviet state. The city Gibraltar, stadiums, clubs and players have been moved to England. I have then created new cities and so on for my new nation.

The problem is. Quite a lot of the newgens come with English or Spanish names even though I have everything connected to my new nation set with russian language...

How to fix it?

Unfortunately, you can't. You can "overflood" Gibraltar with russian names by creating new people in editor or changing citizenship of existing people, but that will "only" change ratio of russian VS english/spanish newly generated names. If it's now 50/50, you can turn it into 80/20, but to completely get rid of them you can't. One of the biggest flaws of editor.

This is frustrating. Can someone tell me how to create a playoff so the top 4 teams enter a playoff to determine the league champion? 

I have done this in previous league edits, but I've had a total brain fart and I can't for love nor money work out how to do it now.

Is there a way to influence what sort foreign managers work in a country? If I create a new database it only generates fictional managers from that country. If I add real life managers to teams then remove them it seems to activate them as options to work in that country and they start taking jobs but that's not a long term solution.

I've always taken the likelihood of foreign manager rating in the country profile as being for the national team job. Is that correct, or does it influence club appointments as well?

Edited by Supermercado99

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2021 at 06:23, Supermercado99 said:

Is there a way to influence what sort foreign managers work in a country? If I create a new database it only generates fictional managers from that country. If I add real life managers to teams then remove them it seems to activate them as options to work in that country and they start taking jobs but that's not a long term solution.

I've always taken the likelihood of foreign manager rating in the country profile as being for the national team job. Is that correct, or does it influence club appointments as well?

You could create chairmen for the teams and tick the box in their preferences for preferring domestic managers, with a low rating? Or there's one for hiring managers with their own nationality.

When you add and remove them, they're still "based" in that nation, so the likelihood of them finding work there increases (same reason you see, say, European managers in MLS bouncing around teams even more than in real life)

• 2 weeks later...

Can you stop teams hiring certain types of staff? For instance, if I'm creating a professional league from a small country and don't want clubs wasting their money on loan managers. I left that field blank in 'contract type for job type' in the division but the game still generates people in that role when you choose to add key staff. First workaround was to not add key staff, then most sides get left without any coaching staff for the first season because there's not enough to go around. Second is to set the role as an amateur position but I'd prefer to be able to block certain levels from hiring the role entirely.

On a related note, can you control staff wage levels via editing? I've created a country with generated players/staff, and the best 5* players in the country get paid 230 a week - but assistant managers get 850 and goalkeeping coaches 350. Cue clubs in the full time divisions bleeding money because of their enormous staff wage budgets. Going to compensate with increased TV money but it's an annoying anomaly.

Edited by Supermercado99

Hi there community, i have a question in which i need help.

I am using a custom French league database which goes down to level 8 in fm21.

I want to make the following change in the editor as in reality, there are 2 clubs in National 2 (LEVEL 4) from the same city (Bourges) Bourges Foot and Bourges 18 respectively. Both teams made a fusion this summer so now there is one team there that goes by the name Bourges Foot 18. I will keep Bourges 18 in game (as a more historical club of the 2) and change its name to Bourges Foot 18, and right after i will fill the gaps from level 4 till level 8 with teams as in reality.

My question is since i will make Bourges Foot extinct and Bourges Foot 18 as its successor, is there any trick to move all players to the new club? Can anyone share a trick how to make it correct?

I've created a custom international tournament which loads fine with standard leagues, but disappears when I add the associated custom league rules file.

When it does load (for instance, when I picked Scotland, England etc... as the playable league) the custom nation Westminster that has been merged into the international files file shows, so I'm confident they're fine, but something's conflicting in the custom nation rules and stopping it from showing when the Westminster league is added.

I've attached both files, anyone have an idea how I can get this to show with the attached nation advanced rules?

image.png.59ea4cfd3d9229763551f9d630ebea57.png

Home Internationals.fmf Westminster 2021 - Advanced Rules.fmf

Edited by Supermercado99

• 2 weeks later...

I’m wanting to build a ‘fantasy’ league of sorts, similar to how Rugby League and Rugby Union operates.

Two separate leagues, different sets of rules that sit side by side.

For example, one league would be the existing Premier League and alongside it would be a League of teams that I have created. 

The two leagues don’t compete against each other at all. They are completely separate.

Is this possible?

This is probably a dumb and obvious question, but if one would wanted to create a lower league database they also would need to create every single player and their respective stats right? Isnt that an insane amount of work (and knowledge) you would need to put in? Or are these lower league dbs group projects?

23 hours ago, dirtInfestor said:

This is probably a dumb and obvious question, but if one would wanted to create a lower league database they also would need to create every single player and their respective stats right? Isnt that an insane amount of work (and knowledge) you would need to put in? Or are these lower league dbs group projects?

There's no need to create players for lower leagues, there's an option when starting the game to add players to playable teams, so game will populate these teams automatically. 

If you don't want to put all values in player's profiles - I'd just create them, put DoB, nationality and maybe set position. 

Creating teams/cities/stadiums from scratch is enough pain in the ass.

8 hours ago, dirtInfestor said:

Is it possible to copy older databases into a newer editor?

depends what data is in this older database, if some raw data like created players, clubs, stadiums - it's possible. And it must be in .xml file.

How good are the AI at recognising squad/match day rules? eg. maximum number of foreign players and the like.

Also, what's the best way to prevent AI errors in that regard? One of the reasons I'm updating to FM22 from FM20 is that some of my edited leagues in FM20 were messed up since the AI wouldn't register players for the first half of the season and could only use youth players. Registration still worked, the AI just didn't use it, made the league a cakewalk when I still had my best 11 for half the season playing youth teams.

Edited by rusty217

Am 2.11.2021 um 09:26 schrieb Bigpole:

depends what data is in this older database, if some raw data like created players, clubs, stadiums - it's possible. And it must be in .xml file.

What things count as raw data? Is it also league rules and so on? What kind of data is not preserved?

44 minutes ago, dirtInfestor said:

What things count as raw data? Is it also league rules and so on? What kind of data is not preserved?

everything without adding league rules is basically a raw data.