Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

7 minutes ago, Angus2002 said:

Wait so is the parent division left blank or with teams. All sub-divisions have 20 teams each in them all different teams.

Parent division is left empty. Have you got promotion/relegation setup in both your parent and child competitions?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Your teams will need to go in one of those six subdivisions, rather than the parent competition.

So what does the Parent division do? I thought parent division is like for example the English Prem and the sub divisions were the Championship and League 1 ect.

1 minute ago, Angus2002 said:

So what does the Parent division do? I thought parent division is like for example the English Prem and the sub divisions were the Championship and League 1 ect.

Parent competitions group all leagues under the same level. So using Australia as an example, the National Premier League at Level 2, the child competitions are Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, West Australia.

Championship, League One, League Two are all separate competitions as they’re at different levels.

2 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Parent competitions group all leagues under the same level. So using Australia as an example, the National Premier League at Level 2, the child competitions are Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, West Australia.

Championship, League One, League Two are all separate competitions as they’re at different levels.

So essentially to make this I would have to make all 6 leagues seperate divisions then introduce a promotion and relegation system between all the leagues. 

For example I create a division called the Premier League and then I create a seperate division called Championship and then I do Relegation and Promotion between them instead of doing Sub Divs. 

p.s. thank you so much for ur help btw.

12 minutes ago, Angus2002 said:

So essentially to make this I would have to make all 6 leagues seperate divisions then introduce a promotion and relegation system between all the leagues. 

For example I create a division called the Premier League and then I create a seperate division called Championship and then I do Relegation and Promotion between them instead of doing Sub Divs. 

p.s. thank you so much for ur help btw.

It depends on what you want to do, are all your divisions going to be at the same level or do you want them to be promotion and relegation between them?

You shouldn’t need to make any more divisions unless you need to.

If you want to introduce promotion and relegation, in your nation rules you need to put them in the order you want them to go in.

For single divisions you put the promotion and relegation there; if you have multiple divisions at the same level you put promotions and relegations on the child competitions.

5 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

It depends on what you want to do, are all your divisions going to be at the same level or do you want them to be promotion and relegation between them?

You shouldn’t need to make any more divisions unless you need to.

If you want to introduce promotion and relegation, in your nation rules you need to put them in the order you want them to go in.

For single divisions you put the promotion and relegation there; if you have multiple divisions at the same level you put promotions and relegations on the child competitions.

Yep okay I’ve done it the Divs now. Now I want to setup like an FA Cup type of trophy, like a cup that pits all the teams in the divisions against each other.

1 minute ago, Angus2002 said:

Yep okay I’ve done it the Divs now. Now I want to setup like an FA Cup type of trophy, like a cup that pits all the teams in the divisions against each other.

How do you want to make your cup competition? All knockout rounds, group stage and then knockout rounds?

20 minutes ago, Angus2002 said:

Just knockout

Okay, on your list of cups, select the competition you want the cup to be. On the next screen it’ll ask you where to get the teams from. Then choose all your divisions individually. Go through the final few stages of the wizard and you’ve got your cup made.

You can then customise it like when the games are played in your nation rules.

56 minutes ago, Angus2002 said:

Is it possible to have Nation Rules and Continental Rules on in the same save? I loaded up after making a new Continental Rules thing and my nation rules for australia had reverted back to normal.

Have you tested both separately?  Maybe one of your databases is clashing with the other.  But yes, you can have several nations rules and several continental rules running in a save.

2 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

Is there an update which converts all players with fixed PA's into the negative/flexible PA's? Or an easy way to bulk edit player PA's in the editor?

You can filter players by PA then bulk edit my selecting those that come up. I did this in FM21 and it took a couple of hours. 

IIRC I did all players 25 and under as follows:

PA 191+ to PA -10

PA 181-190 to PA -95

PA 171-180 to PA-9

and so on.

Hi all,

I have been trying to create a Super League of 18 teams with set budgets etc but i've bitten off way more than I can chew. So instead, I am aiming to use the multi-league Super League that is on FM Scout, but I want to turn off promotion and relegation - can I do this? If so, how? I've really looked through the settings. Many thanks.

Hi, i'm trying to create the san marino league, but i'm stuck creating the playoff stage of the competition. 

how can i set the first 4 places in the league to go straight to the quarter finals and the others (from 5th to 12th) in the round of 16??

and there's a way to set who plays against another? ( for example: the 5th goes against the 12th)

Thanks !!

Edited by RickRP

How can I swap an MLS team into another league? I am trying to swap SKC and Zaragoza, but I am getting the error "Error in Nation Rules Major League Soccer, Number of teams in competition (28) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (27)". When I load the database in FM SKC is in both MLS and Spanish Second tier, and Zaragoza seems to disappear.

Thanks

Swap SKC and Zaragoza.fmf

Hello!

I'm still play FM 21. I think Chinese FA already introduced salary caps:

"Foreign players' annual salaries at 3m euros (£2.7m), with domestic players earning a maximum of 5m yuan (£571,000) a year. CSL clubs will be soon only be allowed to spend up to 600m yuan (£68m) per year."

How can I set these things in editor? Team/finances/maximum wage allowed or where? In advanced editor mode?

I've created a reorganised Scottish League structure with B teams in the lower leagues. Everything seems to be working but there seems to be an age cap of under 21 players only for the B team and I can't figure out why.

When I put a 21 or 22 year old player into the B team then I get the attached Ineligible message. 

Ineligible for team due to being above the maximum age requirements for this competition

Is this something I can change?

I can't see an option anywhere, I can't even see anything in game when I go to competition rules.

Screenshot 2022-05-04 013800.png

On 16/02/2022 at 15:44, krajcik38 said:

Hi guys, 

I'm seeking an advice on the problem that came up after I've made some bulk changes to players across 2 divisions in the same nation. Everything was peachy, all rules tested (was surprised, that I'd been asked to test rules since all I initially did was change CA/PA) But anyway after all the changes were done, I loaded up the new DB and the problem is now with squad registration. There seem to be no rules whatsoever. No need for assigning numbers, no need for registration for league, players on trials may play freely in competition matches. 

Is there some simple fix to this problem. I presume I've not selected all necessary rules when testing advanced rules. 

Appreciate your help guys, you can find edited file below. 

Cheers.

CZ_CA-PA_VISION.fmf 44.63 kB · 0 downloads

Hey @krajcik38 did anyone get back to you on this? I've been looking into the squad registrations for my Northern Ireland builds as that basic rules aren't allowing me to do what I need to do.

So in Advanced mode I have discovered the fixture rules underneath the main Country rules, so under the nation rules, you'll see fixture rules, then you will see Rules 0, Rules 1 etc. These represent each league from the top league down, for example in N.Ireland Rules 0 represent the top league Danske Bank Premier.

Try editing these and see what you get back in a testing file.

Thanks

image.png.5cbcb1caac2fa0c3e4a5021055a26c62.png

14 hours ago, thach7bams said:

Hi guys,

Is there any way to make crimea playable?

I tried turn a few hundreds into crimean then it does appear in the choosing team but still can't click on it. No where to be seen on fifa ranking either.

Cheers

Not that I know of. I believe they're hardcoded to not function as an actual nation. They shouldn't generate any newgens or play any international fixtures, or even let you see the team page.

Also, you can take a screenshot by pressing F12, much better than taking a photo of your computer screen.

On 04/05/2022 at 09:41, TheLastWilson said:

I've created a reorganised Scottish League structure with B teams in the lower leagues. Everything seems to be working but there seems to be an age cap of under 21 players only for the B team and I can't figure out why.

When I put a 21 or 22 year old player into the B team then I get the attached Ineligible message. 

Is this something I can change?

I can't see an option anywhere, I can't even see anything in game when I go to competition rules.

Screenshot 2022-05-04 013800.png

Try going to Scotland > Reserve Rules, ticking the "Type of B Club" box and selecting "B Clubs". I assume by default it treats them as U21 teams since the reserve rules says that teams have U21s and U18s but not B clubs.

Is there a way to uninstall the editor?

Or a way to hide the pencil button?

I bought the editor to make a few minor changes here and there, and now that Im finished I want to turn off the editor because the pencil button is distracting and makes the gameplay feel cheap and easy and cheatable.

How do I change the number of Subs allowed in international comps like the World cup and euro's etc. Have been able to change the number of subs for the prem league and other leagues  easily but the international comps causing me an issue. I think its because I can't select the world cup or that in the advance rules. 

On 04/05/2022 at 10:54, MuVortez said:

Hey @krajcik38 did anyone get back to you on this? I've been looking into the squad registrations for my Northern Ireland builds as that basic rules aren't allowing me to do what I need to do.

So in Advanced mode I have discovered the fixture rules underneath the main Country rules, so under the nation rules, you'll see fixture rules, then you will see Rules 0, Rules 1 etc. These represent each league from the top league down, for example in N.Ireland Rules 0 represent the top league Danske Bank Premier.

Try editing these and see what you get back in a testing file.

Thanks

image.png.5cbcb1caac2fa0c3e4a5021055a26c62.png

Hey, unfortunately not. 
Good luck with your issue tho.

Hi guys, 

I am looking at moving the start date of a game into the future. It is on an old version of Football Manager so to bring it up to present day we are talking 7 years. I have tried two different ways so far.

1.Editing the advanced rules start date for England. Also edited the start date of each English division. This did not work but somehow I managed to end up with a start date of 1993!!

2. I also tried creating rules for a country that isn't playable by default, just in case England was hard coded a start date. Did the same thing here but still ended up in 1993 :(

Is what I am trying to do even possible? I'm about at the point of giving up...

10 hours ago, MeltonPosh said:

Hi guys, 

I am looking at moving the start date of a game into the future. It is on an old version of Football Manager so to bring it up to present day we are talking 7 years. I have tried two different ways so far.

1.Editing the advanced rules start date for England. Also edited the start date of each English division. This did not work but somehow I managed to end up with a start date of 1993!!

2. I also tried creating rules for a country that isn't playable by default, just in case England was hard coded a start date. Did the same thing here but still ended up in 1993 :(

IIRC I saw somebody in the FM20 editor subforum posted a database that did that, so you can pick several years in the future... what it did was that the new game would sim until the selected day.

Found it

17 hours ago, krakonico said:

IIRC I saw somebody in the FM20 editor subforum posted a database that did that, so you can pick several years in the future... what it did was that the new game would sim until the selected day.

Found it

Thanks very much. I will dig into that thread!

On 07/05/2022 at 13:58, 2feet said:

Is there a way to uninstall the editor?

Or a way to hide the pencil button?

I bought the editor to make a few minor changes here and there, and now that Im finished I want to turn off the editor because the pencil button is distracting and makes the gameplay feel cheap and easy and cheatable.

when you setting your database you can tick 'disable ingame editor or something like this.

And these changes you've made in in-game editor you can make in pre-game editor as well, just save this in editor and load in game.

On 09/05/2022 at 16:10, MeltonPosh said:

Hi guys, 

I've seen some tricks with setting the database to reflect real-life tables, but haven't seen any database x year ahead, so not really possible I'm afraid. 

Hey guys!

Is there a way to somehow edit database in a way (Or do it through some mods (I have only see huge ones and not focused on this one thing)) that a certain league Prize Money/TV money/Sponsorships would be more dynamic and reflect changes in reputation/growth of the whole league? I had a save with 10-15 seasons in, one of the best teams in the world, league getting into top 10 european, but Prize Money for a league/TV money and sponsorships seem to be fixed based on some hard coded 2021 perspective and take away any chance for a role-play seeing league grows.

I tried searching in Google/Reddit/Here and couldn't find any definitve anwsers, so I would be grateful for any help with potential changes I can make (I know I can edit initial prize money for the league, but I don't want to just change it, i want it to reflect changes in popularity of the league/clubs over the years)

Best regards, and thanks for reading my rookie-edit questions

Hi guys

I have created international competitions but the leagues (default and edited) never postpone their matches even when teams have 15 players on international duty..

I tried to fiddle with fixture priority and other options but the league schedules are so rigid.

I created a continental club competition and used the days to check for clashes and it worked for clubs.

Any advice?

Edited by qwerty22

Not sure, if this is the correct topic where to ask this, but,,, at least you should know.

I'm using some league mods with FM22, and some of them aren't updated to work with newest database.

What kinds of info are there in league fmf? Why it even has to be updated`? League structures or rules don't change(?).

When I start a new game, what will I miss if I use database 22.1 and compatible fmf's, and not database 22.4 aso.?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Optimistic Pessimist said:

Hey guys!

Is there a way to somehow edit database in a way (Or do it through some mods (I have only see huge ones and not focused on this one thing)) that a certain league Prize Money/TV money/Sponsorships would be more dynamic and reflect changes in reputation/growth of the whole league? I had a save with 10-15 seasons in, one of the best teams in the world, league getting into top 10 european, but Prize Money for a league/TV money and sponsorships seem to be fixed based on some hard coded 2021 perspective and take away any chance for a role-play seeing league grows.

I tried searching in Google/Reddit/Here and couldn't find any definitve anwsers, so I would be grateful for any help with potential changes I can make (I know I can edit initial prize money for the league, but I don't want to just change it, i want it to reflect changes in popularity of the league/clubs over the years)

Best regards, and thanks for reading my rookie-edit questions

Prize money already is dynamic. Never tested it but I expect TV Money and Sponsorship is too.

There might be some leagues hard-coded to have fixed money, I've never seen that though. Plus you could probably fix it by just creating an edited setup that overwrites default rules with the exact same rules. Then it should be dynamic like others.

Last time I tested it was around a 1.6% increase in prize money per reputation point for high rep leagues. Low rep leagues get a much bigger increase. I gave Ethiopia around 3m in prize money for 1st place once and them starting with only around 30 rep gave them a lot of room to grow. Simulated for around 20 years and they had similar prize money to England.

8 hours ago, qwerty22 said:

Hi guys

I have created international competitions but the leagues (default and edited) never postpone their matches even when teams have 15 players on international duty..

I tried to fiddle with fixture priority and other options but the league schedules are so rigid.

I created a continental club competition and used the days to check for clashes and it worked for clubs.

Any advice?

Nothing you can really do. Leagues don't automatically adjust just for internationals. They've been specifically told not to have fixtures on the fixed yearly international dates (most top leagues at least, not all) and some leagues have specific instructions to avoid other dates. eg. the Korean Leagues are specifically told to avoid Asian Cup dates only if South Korea is in the tournament.

Plus there isn't really any room for more fixtures. If matches are postponed then you'll probably end up with teams playing 3 matches per week towards the end of the season (I know that from personal experience!)

38 minutes ago, rristola said:

Not sure, if this is the correct topic where to ask this, but,,, at least you should know.

I'm using some league mods with FM22, and some of them aren't updated to work with newest database.

What kinds of info are there in league fmf? Why it even has to be updated`? League structures or rules don't change(?).

When I start a new game, what will I miss if I use database 22.1 and compatible fmf's, and not database 22.4 aso.?

Thanks.

League structures and rules do change. Either there were real life changes, or there were errors in the initial setup that were fixed.

The main thing for the new database versions is that they're updated for player transfers though. If that's not something you care about then playing on 22.1 would be fine.

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Nothing you can really do. Leagues don't automatically adjust just for internationals. They've been specifically told not to have fixtures on the fixed yearly international dates (most top leagues at least, not all) and some leagues have specific instructions to avoid other dates. eg. the Korean Leagues are specifically told to avoid Asian Cup dates only if South Korea is in the tournament.

Plus there isn't really any room for more fixtures. If matches are postponed then you'll probably end up with teams playing 3 matches per week towards the end of the season (I know that from personal experience!)

Thank you very much, That's what I thought

I rewrote the world cup,world cup qualifiers and all the continental competitions to play in international windows and the summer, The CAF champions league plays it's group stage matches during the world cup!

What a mess 

Hiya, having a slightly annoying issue with adding players to the database - I've added some blank players to Japanese clubs, just to give the teams a full complement of players, and what I've got now is a lot of English newgens with Japanese names coming through, presumably because the default nationality for a new player in the Editor is English. Is there any way to resolve this?

I found that if you change the nationality of the player BEFORE entering their name, this should do the trick... But I'm not sure I can actually be bothered going through it all again, so I'm wondering if there's a way to fix it after the fact.

Edited by g00dman

Three questions boys:

1- I created a uefa champions league and a cup winners cup, How can I prevent the double winners from joining both competitions?

2- If my qualification picks the best 4 third placed teams from 8 groups to qualify, How can I display the 3rd placed teams table comparison?

3- How can I display the continental qualification in the rules section for the league and on the league table, I created a league from scratch but It doesn't recognize the continental qualification on the league table?

Edited by qwerty22

On 17/05/2022 at 21:33, DementedHammer said:

Silly question, but is there a way to view more than 500 search results at a time or is 500 a hard limit? 

Click on the settings at the top, there’s a section called maximum records for search (or something like that) and you can change it to various options up until unlimited.

On 19/05/2022 at 15:46, qwerty22 said:

Three questions boys:

1- I created a uefa champions league and a cup winners cup, How can I prevent the double winners from joining both competitions?

2- If my qualification picks the best 4 third placed teams from 8 groups to qualify, How can I display the 3rd placed teams table comparison?

3- How can I display the continental qualification in the rules section for the league and on the league table, I created a league from scratch but It doesn't recognize the continental qualification on the league table?

1/3. If you've set it up using the nations/teams section in the continental rules page to qualify teams then that should be done automatically. If you haven't then you can't get it to display on the league table and you'll need to add instructions to ignore any teams in the other competition when selecting teams. In that case you should probably also stagger the setup of the competitions, so that the teams for one are already selected (and can therefore be ignored) when the 2nd competition starts setting up.

2. The only way to do that would be to create a separate stage that draws the results from the group stage and runs alongside it, but doesn't have any matches of its own. You'd then want to qualify teams for the next round based on their performance in that stage, rather than setting them as other qualifiers in the group stage itself. A little difficult to setup, but I'm sure some default competitions, specifically qualifiers, used to use that setup in older versions of FM so you could try and find one that did and have a look at how it was done there.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

1/3. If you've set it up using the nations/teams section in the continental rules page to qualify teams then that should be done automatically. If you haven't then you can't get it to display on the league table and you'll need to add instructions to ignore any teams in the other competition when selecting teams. In that case you should probably also stagger the setup of the competitions, so that the teams for one are already selected (and can therefore be ignored) when the 2nd competition starts setting up.

2. The only way to do that would be to create a separate stage that draws the results from the group stage and runs alongside it, but doesn't have any matches of its own. You'd then want to qualify teams for the next round based on their performance in that stage, rather than setting them as other qualifiers in the group stage itself. A little difficult to setup, but I'm sure some default competitions, specifically qualifiers, used to use that setup in older versions of FM so you could try and find one that did and have a look at how it was done there.

I did the continental teams cup thing and it seems to work, Still picks the next league team instead of cup runner up but i'm fine with it

On FM 08 I used to enjoy seeing 2nd placed teams table but now it needs extra work

Thanks a lot