Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not getting the FM23 pre-game editor to work. What am i failing to click?

I just want to add the missing players to my squad, for a Scottish non-league side.  The club is in the main game, just not playable. I added the missing players to the squad, which exist in the db. The 'test rules' option is not available, but I didn't change any competitions. The changes don't show up.

I then tried swapping the club with a Scottish League Two side to see if it becomes playable  - the swap doesn't show up either. Something is stopping FM23 from recognising my changes in the editor. Any ideas chaps??

nb the *.fmf files are correct and present in the C:\Users\HP\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\editor data  folder, but in 'Career Game Setup' the Database menu is greyed out.

Wait, no, got it! For anyone else with this confusion, "C:\Users\HP\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\editor data" is a completely different location to the folder where I keep all my add-ons i.e. the graphics folder, editor data and everything else.

Edited by phnompenhandy

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

So, you are saying, that if I actually add any FMF file in the right edition folder - it will not br GREY and do the work?

nb the *.fmf files are correct and present in the C:\Users\HP\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\editor data  folder, but in 'Career Game Setup' the Database menu is greyed out.

Wait, no, got it! For anyone else with this confusion, "C:\Users\HP\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\editor data" is a completely different location to the folder where I keep all my add-ons i.e. the graphics folder, editor data and everything else.

My first time using the pre-game editor and trying to change finances for a club.

The club has a Rich Benefactor (Underwriter).

The changes I make are as follows:

• Balance from 29.1m to 500m
  • Transfer budget from 13.5m to 150m
  • Remaining payroll budget per week from 150k to 250k

I save the data file, and make sure it is selected when I start a new game.

The transfer budget, and remaining payroll are updated but the balance is negative (-23m). I'm not sure what I am doing wrong or am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by stg34tx

On 08/11/2022 at 14:05, stg34tx said:

My first time using the pre-game editor and trying to change finances for a club.

The club has a Rich Benefactor (Underwriter).

The changes I make are as follows:

• Balance from 29.1m to 500m
  • Transfer budget from 13.5m to 150m
  • Remaining payroll budget per week from 150k to 250k

I save the data file, and make sure it is selected when I start a new game.

The transfer budget, and remaining payroll are updated but the balance is negative (-23m). I'm not sure what I am doing wrong or am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Starting balance is capped by the team's reputation (and probably also the league's reputation).  What I do I want to bolster the finances, is take one of the worst player already registered at the team and make a future transfer one week after the start of the save.

On 07/11/2022 at 21:11, gothenburg83 said:

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, does anyone know if/how it is possible to add VAR to the rules for a specific competition?

Many thanks!

Yes, it is possible, just go to the competition page in the database and modify the VAR as you want, no need to modify rules, and can in one database modify as many competitions as you want.

36 minutes ago, krakonico said:

Starting balance is capped by the team's reputation (and probably also the league's reputation).  What I do I want to bolster the finances, is take one of the worst player already registered at the team and make a future transfer one week after the start of the save.

Thank you!

Hi

I have downloaded a file via Steam, and I want to make some personal adjustments. However, I can't seem to locate it anywhere, it's not in the same folder as my own edited files. I've tried searching for it as well as import instead of load, but still nothing. Does anybody know where to find them?

Cheers

58 minutes ago, krakonico said:

Yes, it is possible, just go to the competition page in the database and modify the VAR as you want, no need to modify rules, and can in one database modify as many competitions as you want.

Thanks for replying! 

I can only see the option to add goal line technology, not one about VAR. Am I looking in the wrong place?

4 minutes ago, gothenburg83 said:

Thanks for replying! 

I can only see the option to add goal line technology, not one about VAR. Am I looking in the wrong place?

FM version you are using? In FM20 (the one that I have, VAR and GLT are in the same page.  You need first to activate VAR, then change the option how you want VAR to be used, there are IIRC three or four different options.

11 minutes ago, krakonico said:

FM version you are using? In FM20 (the one that I have, VAR and GLT are in the same page.  You need first to activate VAR, then change the option how you want VAR to be used, there are IIRC three or four different options.

This is in FM23. There is no VAR option on the same page on the FM23 editor which you refer to. I checked my FM20 editor and it is there.

Edited by gothenburg83

26 minutes ago, Morgan Kane said:

Hi

I have downloaded a file via Steam, and I want to make some personal adjustments. However, I can't seem to locate it anywhere, it's not in the same folder as my own edited files. I've tried searching for it as well as import instead of load, but still nothing. Does anybody know where to find them?

Cheers

Hi,

Is this file a database? Try opening the editor and search there when "Load Editor Data" 

image.png.07e2f96062250b6a39b97c4304a1e4ba.png

See the differences in the icons? The ones that appears as a text page are the ones that either I downloaded through this page or the ones I created myself.  The icon that appears as the one signaled is the one that I downloaded from Steam

Yes, it is a database, one that provides staff at Ajax. The only editor file that appears when I click on load editor files is one that I'v made myself. I'm quite familiar with the editor from previous versions, which is why I found it strange that I couldn't find any of the ones I downloaded from steam this time

3 hours ago, BramNUFC said:

Since I haven't seen anyone announce they are working on it, I've decided to try to make a Dutch lower league database myself (could use some help of course). But it seems like some of the competitions are not even available to select?

I went to nation rules > add divisions, but it only shows 3 'Derde Klasse' divisions here, when in reality there are over 40. Is there a way to manually search for them?

image.thumb.png.b1c50d68ca4eb8cc81248fc74ee3a858.png

The reason why the others aren't showing up is because only those 3 are labeled as a "Domestic Division". You need to label all the others as domestic divisions as well if you want the wizard to recognize them.

Screenshot (526).png

1 hour ago, PatrickReynolds said:

Using the pre-game editor, is there a way to get a list of playable leagues and corresponding reputations? Trying to create a spreadsheet resource for everyone's quick reference.

I don't think there's an easy way you can look at which divisions are playable in the pregame editor. Though, if I had to do it, I would go in-game, write down a list all of the playable competitions from there, then grab their reputations from the pre-game editor nation by nation. 

On 09/11/2022 at 21:24, krakonico said:

Hi,

Is this file a database? Try opening the editor and search there when "Load Editor Data" 

image.png.07e2f96062250b6a39b97c4304a1e4ba.png

See the differences in the icons? The ones that appears as a text page are the ones that either I downloaded through this page or the ones I created myself.  The icon that appears as the one signaled is the one that I downloaded from Steam

Yes, it is a database, one that provides staff at Ajax. The only editor file that appears when I click on load editor files is one that I'v made myself. I'm quite familiar with the editor from previous versions, which is why I found it strange that I couldn't find any of the ones I downloaded from steam this time

So I wanted to make a database in the swedish leagues where players actually leaves when their contracts ends - if it was officially communicated out they would.
I could  tick "Will leave at end of contract" as you can se in the picture down below BUT if the player has a contract that ends in the end of 2022 and you start 2023, the players contract will automatically extend by one year.

When  you play the swedish leagues you can chose if you want to begin in the 2022-season or the 2023-season.
My alternative is to just terminate the contract of the player rather than use the below because it just doesnt work properly. The problem is that i wanted the database functional for the 2022-season also, so it doesnt matter if you start in 2022 or 2023 - the players will still be in the club under 2022 but leave in 2023..

Do you have any tips that could help me?

image.png.de68486af3d5471e14bb2171a6a0fdfa.png

Another problem is with the leaders - I cant set up a future transfer for them.
The same idea applies here, a manager leaves for another club in 2023 but I still want them to coach the current club. There is a possibility to set up a future transfer for leaders but it just doesnt work - nothing happens in the game.,.

Any tips here would also be great!

Thanks,
Daniel

When you download a datafile from Steam, where is it saved? I want to make som adjustments to it, but I am unable to load it into the editor. I have tried to both import and load file, but only the files I have created myself show up. What can I do to edit the downloaded datafiles? I want to load them into the editor or possibly merge them with some of my own datafiles

Thanks in advance

Hello, I'm new editing. I made a lot of changes to a team, and also only changed the name of another team. When I start a new game all the changes appears but names of the teams are not changed. I've downloaded from steam workshop the edit pack with leagues and teams names changes too, but even if it is unflagged is the same: all the changes are there but the names of teams! can someone please help me...I'm going crazy! :confused:

Edited by mrdry85

1 hour ago, mrdry85 said:

Hello, I'm new editing. I made a lot of changes to a team, and also only changed the name of another team. When I start a new game all the changes appears but names of the teams are not changed. I've downloaded from steam workshop the edit pack with leagues and teams names changes too, but even if it is unflagged is the same: all the changes are there but the names of teams! can someone please help me...I'm going crazy! :confused:

Can you send a reply with the database in question?

3 ore fa, CodeNick ha scritto:

Can you send a reply with the database in question?

Thank you, Fixed! I forgot that I've istalled manually another database for the clubs names. I think it has some kind of priority. So I went to the folder I opened the file with note and I changed there the names, and now I feel like an hacker! hahahaa  

the only think I cna't change now is the logo, I don't like this one with oldstyle ball. Doyou know whereis located the file to change it? I can't do it in the editor.

liternum sc.png

Edited by mrdry85

5 hours ago, BramNUFC said:

How do you add variety to the days and times matches are scheduled? I have a competition with 18 teams and added these 9 slots, but all the matches end up being played at the exact same time every week.

image.thumb.png.e6bf392bc0b4177196c0a423bb37bc38.png

Those are the standard times for all matches. If you want some variety then you should use Offset Dates or TV Dates instead. That'll take matches from those standard dates you've posted and move them to other days/times.

14 hours ago, mrdry85 said:

Hey, this has been flagged and the Dev's are aware of this. This is preventing me from starting a proper game as I have also changed a few things in the editor so far in terms of League names. So far, when I removed all of the 'Real Name' fixes, it appeared properly only AFTER I started the game (post manager creation stage). So, yeah. Hopefully soon there will be a patch or fix...

9 hours ago, mrdry85 said:

Thank you, Fixed! I forgot that I've istalled manually another database for the clubs names. I think it has some kind of priority. So I went to the folder I opened the file with note and I changed there the names, and now I feel like an hacker! hahahaa  

the only think I cna't change now is the logo, I don't like this one with oldstyle ball. Doyou know whereis located the file to change it? I can't do it in the editor.

liternum sc.png

Where were the Database changes? I might need to do the changes manually too... Thanks

10 ore fa, Oggimon ha scritto:

Where were the Database changes? I might need to do the changes manually too... Thanks

If you have PC and steam they are located here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data\database\db\2300 check in the folders you find here!

Hi everyone,

I am making an FM23 Media Pack for Serbia. When I load it, media is showing in FM23 but it is showing alongside fake media thet are created in game. For that reason I cannot see them in editor and remove them. My question is, is there a way to remove fake media from the game and leave just the ones I created in editor?

Thanks.

On 12/11/2022 at 06:14, Oggimon said:

Really stupid question:

How do I add Reserve and Youth cups to the game? I cannot seem to get it to work.

Thanks

You must use Advance Rules for that, the Basic Rules (I have tried) doesn't work or don't let you modify the default leagues and no cup.   Any further questions you must go to the Advance Rules sub-forum located here

23 hours ago, aaaawren said:

Would it be possible to use the editor to convert a file from an older game to the one of the editor?

Yes, you must go to the editor from the database FM version  and export the database to XLM (or XLS), then open the editor of the version you want and import the data.

Example:

You have a FM 21 database and want to export to FM 23:

• Open the FM 21 editor
  • Load the database
  • Export the database
  • [Then check where the database is copied]
  • Copy the file to the FM 23 database folder
  • Open the FM 23 editor
  • Import the database

On 11/11/2022 at 07:48, Kakidaniel said:

So I wanted to make a database in the swedish leagues where players actually leaves when their contracts ends - if it was officially communicated out they would.
I could  tick "Will leave at end of contract" as you can se in the picture down below BUT if the player has a contract that ends in the end of 2022 and you start 2023, the players contract will automatically extend by one year.

When  you play the swedish leagues you can chose if you want to begin in the 2022-season or the 2023-season.
My alternative is to just terminate the contract of the player rather than use the below because it just doesnt work properly. The problem is that i wanted the database functional for the 2022-season also, so it doesnt matter if you start in 2022 or 2023 - the players will still be in the club under 2022 but leave in 2023..

Do you have any tips that could help me?

image.png.de68486af3d5471e14bb2171a6a0fdfa.png

Another problem is with the leaders - I cant set up a future transfer for them.
The same idea applies here, a manager leaves for another club in 2023 but I still want them to coach the current club. There is a possibility to set up a future transfer for leaders but it just doesnt work - nothing happens in the game.,.

Any tips here would also be great!

Thanks,
Daniel

Anyone got an idea?

Hi all,

I downloaded a custom DB for Italy down to Serie D. I then swapped Victor San Marino in to the Serie D to make them playable.

However, I am now seeing VSM players declare themselves for San Marino selection despite having never played in the country before signing for Victor.

Any ideas if me swapping teams around has knocked something off in the eligibility rules?

On 15/11/2022 at 13:55, ZAIDU mImE said:

Hey fellow FM’ers, I’m trying to play with my local side (amateur) in FM 2023. To do this, I’ve relegated a team from the worst playable division in my country, and assigned my team to that division, switching them to Semi-Pro as well.

However, even though I’ve added a transfer budget (just to renew players’ contracts, as they are all at 0 - amateur), my wages bill is at 34£, and cannot be increased further, despite having a significant amount for transfers available.

Is this some option that can be changed in the Editor, or will I have to manually insert the salaries of each player in the Editor?

IIRC transfer budget, despite being set in the editor, when creating a new save, the game assign it (wage and transfer budget) taking account the team's reputation and the league's reputation, don't know if also take account the country's reputation.

Also there is a % allowed to move from the transfer to the wage budget, and (IMHO).  My suggestion is that you change the WB also and see what's happen.