Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

How do you have it in mind? I am planning on doing some balancing via max salary, so might be able to help you with my work.

Was thinking of just having a cap of something like £27,500 for VNL, £55,000 for L2 and £80,000 for L1, and haven't really thought about Championship or Prem yet as I couldn't even add the lower leagues. Ideally I'd have the salary cap as a % of the clubs income, but I'm not sure if thats actually possible? 

I'm just really looking for a way to make playing with my club a lot more fun, as currently I gain promotion from the VNL in the first season pretty much every time, yet in reality we've been relegation contenders for the last 2 seasons

57 minutes ago, Will_13 said:

Was thinking of just having a cap of something like £27,500 for VNL, £55,000 for L2 and £80,000 for L1, and haven't really thought about Championship or Prem yet as I couldn't even add the lower leagues. Ideally I'd have the salary cap as a % of the clubs income, but I'm not sure if thats actually possible? 

I'm just really looking for a way to make playing with my club a lot more fun, as currently I gain promotion from the VNL in the first season pretty much every time, yet in reality we've been relegation contenders for the last 2 seasons

That sounds like the FPP rules, I think those work in %s

I am currently only looking at max salary per week per player, so I have a max salary for England and France of 100K per week, with only 2 players exempted.

6 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

That sounds like the FPP rules, I think those work in %s

I am currently only looking at max salary per week per player, so I have a max salary for England and France of 100K per week, with only 2 players exempted.

think thats sort of what I'm after, how have you done it?

I created the advanced rules for a few nations (France, England, Spain, Germany, Italy)

In the Nation sections, there is a part that is called Transfers. Under transfers you will find Tranfers Rules. Halfway the page there are the maximum player wage rules.

I am still experimenting with them, so don't know if they work as intended or how quick it works.

One thing that I don't for instance is what happens when a team has more players over the wage limit. Do they get punished? It doesn't seem to happen when you have max amount of foreign player rules in place and I would love to be able to fine teams for that for instance.

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I created the advanced rules for a few nations (France, England, Spain, Germany, Italy)

In the Nation sections, there is a part that is called Transfers. Under transfers you will find Tranfers Rules. Halfway the page there are the maximum player wage rules.

I am still experimenting with them, so don't know if they work as intended or how quick it works.

One thing that I don't for instance is what happens when a team has more players over the wage limit. Do they get punished? It doesn't seem to happen when you have max amount of foreign player rules in place and I would love to be able to fine teams for that for instance.

I've been playing with this for a while now, and I put the max. wage as £1,400 p/w per player, with 2 players exempt and can have a maximum wage of £1,600. This works - I can't offer any player more than £1,600 p/w but I can offer EVERY player £1,600, even though I set it to 2 players. I am also yet to notice any punishments for doing so

3 minutes ago, Will_13 said:

I've been playing with this for a while now, and I put the max. wage as £1,400 p/w per player, with 2 players exempt and can have a maximum wage of £1,600. This works - I can't offer any player more than £1,600 p/w but I can offer EVERY player £1,600, even though I set it to 2 players. I am also yet to notice any punishments for doing so

Hmmm, good to know. I thought it would be applied at the start of the game as well. More study needed.

I have a question regarding league history. I'm currently working on a league that has three phases. Phase 1, Phase 2 and a Play off. Phase 1 is a league with 2 groups that play 7 matches. The league is then split into another league with 2 new groups and they play 12 more matches. After Phase 2 a Champions Play off is played to decide the league winner and the rankings. I've got all of this working perfectly using 3 stages. One for each phase and the last for the Play off.

Now to the question. Is there a way so the History of domestic league competitions (found under the club, History > Competitions > Domestic Leagues, and on the club overview page) uses all stats from Phase 1 + 2 and then uses the rankings from the Play off as positions.

For example Team A finishes 2nd in Phase 1 and 3rd in Phase 2 but ends up winning the league through the playoff. Is it possible for that team to get 1st position + the combined matches played shown in its league history instead of having 2 separate entries.

A more in depth example would be that I want:

League 2nd Phase - POS 3rd, PLD: 14, WON: 7, DRN: 6, LST: 1, FOR: 25, AG: 10, GD: 15, PTS: 27
League 1st Phase - POS: 2nd, PLD: 7, WON: 5, DRN: 1, LST: 1, FOR: 12, AG: 5, GD: 7, PTS: 16

To be shown as

League - POS: 1st, PLD: 21, WON: 12, DRN: 7, LST: 2, FOR: 37, AG: 15, GD: 22, PTS: 43

8 hours ago, Will_13 said:

Just realised see where my line of though went wrong. This is not  a maximum wage for the league, but for only for incoming TRANSFERS. There should something of a max wage down in the leagues themselves as well (I think).

I've created an editor file where I've created my own domestic cup competition, I'm creating teams and added them to the competition.

I've created separate editor files which have all the players I need to add to those teams (the players don't have a club on those files)

Do you think merging all those files together work or would it cause any issues?

EDIT: Also while I'm here, is there a way to get rid of international matches/prevent players from being called up?

Edited by ManUTactician247
Added another question

1 minute ago, ManUTactician247 said:

I've created an editor file where I've created my own domestic cup competition, I'm creating teams and added them to the competition.

I've created separate editor files which have all the players I need to add to those teams (the players don't have a club on those files)

Do you think merging all those files together work or would it cause any issues?

Shouldn't cause any issues. their id numbers may change but that's it.

7 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Just realised see where my line of though went wrong. This is not  a maximum wage for the league, but for only for incoming TRANSFERS. There should something of a max wage down in the leagues themselves as well (I think).

that makes sense, have you found where to do that? I've checked fixture rules and havent seen anything so I'm not too sure where it might be

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I have found the option for the annual yearly team wage, but still looking and hoping to be able to set a max wage for players.

I've tried that first off and it would never actually work in game, so I have no idea 

20 hours ago, TheCouchNerd said:

I have a question regarding league history. I'm currently working on a league that has three phases. Phase 1, Phase 2 and a Play off. Phase 1 is a league with 2 groups that play 7 matches. The league is then split into another league with 2 new groups and they play 12 more matches. After Phase 2 a Champions Play off is played to decide the league winner and the rankings. I've got all of this working perfectly using 3 stages. One for each phase and the last for the Play off.

Now to the question. Is there a way so the History of domestic league competitions (found under the club, History > Competitions > Domestic Leagues, and on the club overview page) uses all stats from Phase 1 + 2 and then uses the rankings from the Play off as positions.

For example Team A finishes 2nd in Phase 1 and 3rd in Phase 2 but ends up winning the league through the playoff. Is it possible for that team to get 1st position + the combined matches played shown in its league history instead of having 2 separate entries.

A more in depth example would be that I want:

League 2nd Phase - POS 3rd, PLD: 14, WON: 7, DRN: 6, LST: 1, FOR: 25, AG: 10, GD: 15, PTS: 27
League 1st Phase - POS: 2nd, PLD: 7, WON: 5, DRN: 1, LST: 1, FOR: 12, AG: 5, GD: 7, PTS: 16

To be shown as

League - POS: 1st, PLD: 21, WON: 12, DRN: 7, LST: 2, FOR: 37, AG: 15, GD: 22, PTS: 43

Manage to solve part of the problem. I found out how to merge the pld, won, drn etc. The only thing I haven't managed to solve is the position one.

Maybe a silly question but i can't figure out the solution. I made some changes to the domestic cups in Greece and when I choose "save editor data as..." it happens nothing afterwards.

Any ideas why is happening this?

PS. FM Editor 20. Also, i have verified the new rules.

Thanks in advance.

On 10/09/2020 at 13:24, antonis23 said:

Maybe a silly question but i can't figure out the solution. I made some changes to the domestic cups in Greece and when I choose "save editor data as..." it happens nothing afterwards.

Any ideas why is happening this?

PS. FM Editor 20. Also, i have verified the new rules.

Thanks in advance.

I found the solution.

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a few competitions but i cannot figure out how to do certain things.

in some cometitions I want the game to pick teams that finished in certain positions in individual leagues the previous season not the entirity of that league, Is it possible to do this and how would I do it please?

Also in othe competitions i want it it to pick random teams from specific leagues, is this possible to do this and how would I do it please?

Many Thanks for any help.

Dai

24 minutes ago, Dai35 said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a few competitions but i cannot figure out how to do certain things.

in some cometitions I want the game to pick teams that finished in certain positions in individual leagues the previous season not the entirity of that league, Is it possible to do this and how would I do it please?

Also in othe competitions i want it it to pick random teams from specific leagues, is this possible to do this and how would I do it please?

Many Thanks for any help.

Dai

I haven't really used the basic rules for a long time so I wouldn't know if your first question can be solved using them, but both of these things can be done using the advanced rules. If I were you I'd build the competition using the basic rules, and then convert the file to the advanced rules and change how you get the teams. If you don't know how to do this it might be better to create a new topic in the advanced rules section of this forum so your issue doesn't get buried in here.

Apologies if this has been asked before or its really simple but I've been stuck on this for hours. 

I have created a domestic champions league tournament with (8 x 4) groups, with 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th seeds for the group stage. Like the champions league IRL & on the game, the group winners are seeded for the round of 16, whilst the runners up are unseeded.

How can I reflect this in the editor? I've tried multiple different options but I still get group winners paired with other group winners.

I tried to do the team mapping but that hasn't worked and now when verifying I get the error 'cannot find cup stage at index 1...' etc 

Would appreciate any help :) 

Lash World 3.fmf

1 hour ago, zeus77 said:

how can i add specific nationalities to exclude in the foreign list?

You mean players that are not counted as foreign in a specific nation or a competition?

There can be a differnece between those two btw.

I just have a quick question. Is there anyway to save database changes and use them in a later version of fm? So for example if one created something using the pre game editor for fm19, could they somehow transfer the work over to fm20 without having to start over from scratch? 

3 hours ago, tr0gd0r12346 said:

I just have a quick question. Is there anyway to save database changes and use them in a later version of fm? So for example if one created something using the pre game editor for fm19, could they somehow transfer the work over to fm20 without having to start over from scratch? 

depends what changes.

23 hours ago, zeus77 said:

yes, that, im sorry

If you want for example English and French have the same status in England, under Nation you can set France as non-foreign under Nation France, Relationships>> Nations treated as non-foreign

On 22/09/2020 at 21:56, Bigpole said:

depends what changes.

Are you able to go into a bit more detail than that? What sort of things work and what doesn't? And do you have any idea on how to do it?

One example of what I was looking into was a league system for the nation of Timor-Leste that I made a while ago. So it basically changes everything in that nation; players, teams, leagues. Some of these are changes to things like teams that existed originally, meanwhile others are things that I have added in. Would that be transitionable or not?

2 hours ago, tr0gd0r12346 said:

Are you able to go into a bit more detail than that? What sort of things work and what doesn't? And do you have any idea on how to do it?

One example of what I was looking into was a league system for the nation of Timor-Leste that I made a while ago. So it basically changes everything in that nation; players, teams, leagues. Some of these are changes to things like teams that existed originally, meanwhile others are things that I have added in. Would that be transitionable or not?

Most of the FM20 mods such as additional leagues come from older works, the system is pretty reliable. You just need to be sure to uncheck "compress files" before saving your editor data file to generate a xml file. In case of loose data, you can always edit the translated work.

Edited by Shenmue-X

5 hours ago, tr0gd0r12346 said:

Anything created like teams, players, cities are easily movable, just export as .xml.

But if you created/edited a league system (basic/advanced rules), it might work. Some people have more luck, some less, so you have to check it by yourself.

Really simple, stupid question:

I'm trying to edit a team's kit. Currently they are red shirt, red shorts, red socks. I want to make them red shirt (i.e. leave as is), black shorts, white socks. However, when I change the shorts or socks colour, it changes the shirt too, so I've ended up with black/black/black and white/white/white rather than the combination I am aiming for.

I know I'm missing something really simple but can't find what it is. Must have tried half a dozen times without success after thinking this would be a two-minute job.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

23 horas atrás, ✪ suRGE disse:

Hi, I started a career with Sintrense and after a couple of years the club culture of signing chinese players is making me lose great prospects, so I downloaded the editor but have no clue on how to change the club culture to do this. pls help.

Hi

Go to Sintrense and select the owner and go to:

Sem Título.png

Edited by cleiria

10 hours ago, Marshdweller said:

Really simple, stupid question:

I'm trying to edit a team's kit. Currently they are red shirt, red shorts, red socks. I want to make them red shirt (i.e. leave as is), black shorts, white socks. However, when I change the shorts or socks colour, it changes the shirt too, so I've ended up with black/black/black and white/white/white rather than the combination I am aiming for.

I know I'm missing something really simple but can't find what it is. Must have tried half a dozen times without success after thinking this would be a two-minute job.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Check if unintentionally you are selecting all the items when changing the colors.  Or clear all the items and add one by one.

Hi all,

I want to set up a multi year points deduction for a club as well as putting said club in administration and giving them a transfer ban for a number of years, I know how to do the transfer ban part of this but i am not certain i know how to do the administration part or a multi year points deduction as i have never attempted them before (the points deduction will be large enough to guarantee that the club is relegated every year for a few years).

How do you set a club going into administration? Can you set a start and end date for it like you can with a transfer ban?

The way i am thinking about doing the points deduction is adding it to the current league the club is in as it is the only way i am aware of being able to do it.

Can you set a year start and end date for the points deduction or do you have to do a new entry for every year you wish the points deduction to apply?

How does the points deductions deal with league relegation, do the deductions only apply as long as the club is in the specific league where the points deduction entry is or does the club's league not matter the deducion will apply regardless of league?

Many Thanks for any assistance

Dai

On 29/09/2020 at 22:59, krakonico said:

Check if unintentionally you are selecting all the items when changing the colors.  Or clear all the items and add one by one.

I think I've cracked it - I don't think the individual items were set up so they defaulted to the colours set in the Details panel. I've set them up now and it has worked!!

Thanks very much for your advice, I was going round in circles assuming everything was already in place.

On 30/09/2020 at 06:41, Dai35 said:

Hi all,

I want to set up a multi year points deduction for a club as well as putting said club in administration and giving them a transfer ban for a number of years, I know how to do the transfer ban part of this but i am not certain i know how to do the administration part or a multi year points deduction as i have never attempted them before (the points deduction will be large enough to guarantee that the club is relegated every year for a few years).

How do you set a club going into administration? Can you set a start and end date for it like you can with a transfer ban?

The way i am thinking about doing the points deduction is adding it to the current league the club is in as it is the only way i am aware of being able to do it.

Can you set a year start and end date for the points deduction or do you have to do a new entry for every year you wish the points deduction to apply?

How does the points deductions deal with league relegation, do the deductions only apply as long as the club is in the specific league where the points deduction entry is or does the club's league not matter the deducion will apply regardless of league?

Many Thanks for any assistance

Dai

The tip to ensure the team will go down: give as many deduction points as many games (by 3) the season have or more, so even the team wins all of them the end season tally of points will be zero (or less).  So in the event other team lose all their matches, they will be higher than your desired team.

For the rest of your questions you must search in the advance rules if that is possible. (I think you can, knowing the team and the division they are at the start of the first season). As you can make set of rules that will apply for different years, but I don't know a lot of AR

For the team being in administration, I don't know if that is possible to maintain a lot.  Maybe with the use of in-game editors to set negative balance from time to time.

Transfer ban is possible even with basic rules, IDB, just set a start date and an end date.

Hi,

Could somebody please clear up whether having contract types as unselected or _ in each player status row will affect contracts in the future, or will the game auto adjust?

I'm currently amateur and in tier 10. I can't find anything definitive from people in the know. 

It's just the difference between carrying on with the save or starting again.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, iGoldenBen said:

Hi,

Could somebody please clear up whether having contract types as unselected or _ in each player status row will affect contracts in the future, or will the game auto adjust?

I'm currently amateur and in tier 10. I can't find anything definitive from people in the know. 

It's just the difference between carrying on with the save or starting again.

Thanks

If your team is amateur you can only offer amateur contracts, so no pay, or just a small pay per game played.  You can extend the contract of your players for a year, even you can let them sign it at the end of the season, nothing more.  When you are semi pro, then you can give part time contracts to your players and here you need to start paying them a small salary, other players would remain "without contract" and in a month to month basis so they can leave whenever they want if another team poaches them.  When you turn your team to professional (the best division if you are playing in England is in League Two or maybe in the National League) you will start giving your players (also staff) full time contracts.

Being in tier 10 will allow you to get players free but those very low CA/PA.

2 minutes ago, krakonico said:

If your team is amateur you can only offer amateur contracts, so no pay, or just a small pay per game played.  You can extend the contract of your players for a year, even you can let them sign it at the end of the season, nothing more.  When you are semi pro, then you can give part time contracts to your players and here you need to start paying them a small salary, other players would remain "without contract" and in a month to month basis so they can leave whenever they want if another team poaches them.  When you turn your team to professional (the best division if you are playing in England is in League Two or maybe in the National League) you will start giving your players (also staff) full time contracts.

Being in tier 10 will allow you to get players free but those very low CA/PA.

Hi, yes I understand that, but my worry is all of my contract types are currently blank/unselected in the editor for each player status.   

Just now, iGoldenBen said:

Hi, yes I understand that, but my worry is all of my contract types are currently blank/unselected in the editor for each player status.   

If you leave it blank then the game will adjust it automatically depending on the CA/PA and the status of your team.

Just now, krakonico said:

If you leave it blank then the game will adjust it automatically depending on the CA/PA and the status of your team.

Thanks for clearing that up then mate, at least I can crack on with the save. 

I also wondered if you knew why on another database my team weren't entered into any cup comps in the second season (no fa vase, fa cup, or league cup) but just the league. In my first season I was in the fa vase and league cup.

It was the main reason I started another save with a different database.

1 minute ago, iGoldenBen said:

Thanks for clearing that up then mate, at least I can crack on with the save. 

I also wondered if you knew why on another database my team weren't entered into any cup comps in the second season (no fa vase, fa cup, or league cup) but just the league. In my first season I was in the fa vase and league cup.

It was the main reason I started another save with a different database.

For that question you must ask the one who created the database in his/her thread, maybe is a database but (not a game bug), and he/she would look into to see what's the problem.

I have a ".inc" file which corrects some team names and has entries such as this

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE"    58    "Klubi i Futbollit Apolonia Fier"    ""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE"    58    "Apolonia Fier"    ""

Does anyone know what the variable name is for the year the club was formed?   I want to add a line to this existing file to say, for example, "CLUB_YEAR_FORMED_CHANGE"    58    "1999"    ""

2 minutes ago, wombatcombat said:

I have a ".inc" file which corrects some team names and has entries such as this

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE"    58    "Klubi i Futbollit Apolonia Fier"    ""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE"    58    "Apolonia Fier"    ""

Does anyone know what the variable name is for the year the club was formed?   I want to add a line to this existing file to say, for example, "CLUB_YEAR_FORMED_CHANGE"    58    "1999"    ""