Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, JPKD said:

How do I create a file that loads a specific player of staff member? I can find them in the database but they aren't loaded by default by the game.

I believe you can't add specific people when selecting database, you can add players/staff from certain country, certain division or with certain reputation.

A few of us want to have a crack at the San Marino Challenge.  However, real life events have meant changes in game.  The old San Marino Calcio club playing in Serie D is no more - and they are now Cattolica Calcio San Marino.  However, to replicate real life, their newgens are mainly Italian - making the San Marino Challenge basically impossible.

My question is how would I, in the editor, change it so that Cattolica produces mainly Sammarinese newgens?  I guess much like Croatia Berlin produces Croatian newgens.

Someone on the San Marino Challenge thread moved the team back to Serravelle, San Marino - but the club still produced Italian newgens...

I haven't used the editor before, so any help much appreciated!

Just bought and downloaded the ingame editor since FMRTE is not out yet (for the full game version).

Now I have no idea how to use it :-(

It seems to be installed and when I go to GM->Downloads in game it says it's unlocked. Can anyone pleease tell me how I edit things?

\Skodkim

Edit: Found it - seems to have rather limited posibilities though (e.g. no scouting)

Edited by Skodkim

Why does the editor force my player to either be a striker or CB?  Im trying to create a player(my nephew) and add him to the game as a lark, when going in to choose "Positions" for him, if I put anything in central midfield(where he plays) it goes to 20 in CB.  If I change CB to 0, it turns STRIKER to 20.  And back and forth and back and forth.  I don't want him to be either of those?

I really enjoy playing fantasy draft mode but it would enjoy more with some tweaks. 

I managed to increase squad budget limit in FM19, not tried in 20 but probably it will be similar. Now I want to take a step further on such tweaks but have no idea how they can be made:

• Creating new AI managers or editing the existing ones, including their preferences etc.
  • Having more options on custom pool (Such as French Players based in England). Now it only works as OR operator, but instead I want to add AND operator like in player search.

Can I make those changes via panels?

Hi.

Does anyone have a step by step guide to reduce the age of my youth team to 14 within the out of game editor? 

I found it and then lost it again. I'm playing with a team in the UK. 

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Matt1982

Chertanovo Moscow have a transfer restriction set in club culture  "Club is not allowed to sign any players" - which is not true.

I can't work out how to remove this in the editor? I assumed it could be in the visions.dbc file but I am unable to import this to the editor.

Edited by Suggy33

I am trying to add real fixtures to a league for the first time, basing the file on one someone else has previously posted. I've done it for the first four weeks and wanted to start a game to make sure it would work but it's not showing fixtures I created. Do I need to do this for the full season, or does this mean I've done something wrong?

On 19/11/2019 at 12:44, Iwabik said:

Quick question:

If I have a player that has let's say 156 CA and I make his PA random, let's say 140-170, does this mean his PA can be LOWER than his CA? Or will his PA be drawn from 156-170?

Depends on how he fares. Hit by an injure he will go lower than 156. Properly trained and played he will end up between 156-170.

23 hours ago, dodgbowski said:

Why does the editor force my player to either be a striker or CB?  Im trying to create a player(my nephew) and add him to the game as a lark, when going in to choose "Positions" for him, if I put anything in central midfield(where he plays) it goes to 20 in CB.  If I change CB to 0, it turns STRIKER to 20.  And back and forth and back and forth.  I don't want him to be either of those?

Sounds like the editor wants you pick a position. Not sure this is meant this way. A created player could have a random position afterall.

Hi!

I'm doing a "Barcelona in chaos" mod where I have done the following things:

* Lowered the morale

* Turned down reputation (between Villarreal and Real Sociedad)

* Lowered the facilities slightly

* Transferban two first years

* Three different loans with a total of 1000 million pound.

* Released Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele, Pique, ter Stegen, Busquets, Alba, Rakitic, de Jong and Coutinho.

Now to my question: I'm predicted 6th by the media which reflects the reputation set in editor (7th). I also feel that the squad should place somewhere between 6th-14th (hard to say). But the board still wants the team to win the league.

Is there any other way to turn down expectations by the board through the editor than lower the reputation and release the best players?

Edited by patrikholm

Hi, I'm looking to edit Brexit. Not remove it.

I'd like to see what I can do to change brexit. Not remove it but I want to edit the outcomes. I've figured out how I can edit the likelyhood of it happening, also how to edit the work permit rules. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to edit squad rules. All I can find is "additional helpers" which has 3 options all say "Brexit squad selection rules" and each has a different index number. 

Anybody know where I can edit what I need? Basically I want to come up with my own scenarios and have it happen at a later date rather than immediately by cancelling brexit in editor and changing the rules from the start (wheres the fun in that?)

1 hour ago, cel1234 said:

Got asked a question i didnt know the answer. Will the editor files in the download section work on mac ??

They should. As far as I know there is no difference between Mac and Windows edit files, except that you need to check where to put them.

Just now, Wolf_pd said:

They should. As far as I know there is no difference between Mac and Windows edit files, except that you need to check where to put them.

Thank you

15 hours ago, Suggy33 said:

Anyone figured out how to edit "Club Culture"?

Each team has a Club Vision section in the editor but not the club culture.

Chertanovo club culture (at bottom):

751a423facc84bead05d9cc9bb1c7fa6.png

Chertanovo club vision in editor:

b9c843e000daa11abd46e7d94a4f2a0a.png

My bet is that Club Vision is extended hard-coded club preferences. Because Bilbao has no non-basque players and Chertanovo has this 'can't sign any players policy (probably because this is huge academy focused on developing youth homegrown players). So are these policies valid? I think yes. But we should be able to change/modify them and inability to do so is a bug certainly. It's reported already in bugs section so we have to wait and see.

Yes this is an academy who only use homegrown players, though the culture is incorrect as they do sign players in reality, but only those who have been at the academy in the past.  This is why I was hoping to change it/remove it.

Hopefully there will be a fix if it is currently not doable.

On 19/11/2019 at 03:47, duesouth said:

A few of us want to have a crack at the San Marino Challenge.  However, real life events have meant changes in game.  The old San Marino Calcio club playing in Serie D is no more - and they are now Cattolica Calcio San Marino.  However, to replicate real life, their newgens are mainly Italian - making the San Marino Challenge basically impossible.

My question is how would I, in the editor, change it so that Cattolica produces mainly Sammarinese newgens?  I guess much like Croatia Berlin produces Croatian newgens.

Someone on the San Marino Challenge thread moved the team back to Serravelle, San Marino - but the club still produced Italian newgens...

I haven't used the editor before, so any help much appreciated!

Ill take a look at club info and make sure the team's is San Marino and Based in Italy. Might be the reverse though. Need to test it out first.

On 20/11/2019 at 13:32, paulmotion said:

Hi, can anyone tell me how to remove Mauricio Pochettino from Spurs and replace with Jose?  Sorry probably a simple question but I've never done it

What I want to do is manage Spurs but use all Mourinho's team and add the DOF I hope we get. 

9 hours ago, CrookdMoe said:

Ill take a look at club info and make sure the team's is San Marino and Based in Italy. Might be the reverse though. Need to test it out first.

Thanks.  A few of us have been testing and no joy.  Someone could get a mainly San Marino intake changing any other Italian club, but not Cattolica Calcio San Marino - we think it might be hard coded.  One way round it, is for us to make the old San Marino Calcio club un-extinct in the editor and either play with them - or rename it to Cattolica.  Thanks again!

7 hours ago, duesouth said:

Thanks.  A few of us have been testing and no joy.  Someone could get a mainly San Marino intake changing any other Italian club, but not Cattolica Calcio San Marino - we think it might be hard coded.  One way round it, is for us to make the old San Marino Calcio club un-extinct in the editor and either play with them - or rename it to Cattolica.  Thanks again!

Interesting, maybe a created club will be the best option. Ill investigate when i get the chance. 

On 19/11/2019 at 12:40, dodgbowski said:

That's because every single player NEEDS at least one position to be at 20, where they are the most natural at. So in your case you'll have to change central midfield to 20. I've been trying it out since I read your question and the moment I change any other position to 20, the editor stops forcing it into either CB or S.

Edited by Ravsieg

I'm going to presume this is impossible unless told otherwise, buuut... When we duplicate a team, it's impossible to automatically duplicate -everything- associated with it, isn't it? Staff, players, stadium, links, reserve teams... My friend and I would like to play online and see who'd do better with the team we both support. :P

Duplicating the team will not take staff and players with it. You would need to duplicate the people as well and assign the original people to one of the duplicated teams and the duplicated people to the other duplicate team.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Duplicating the team will not take staff and players with it. You would need to duplicate the people as well and assign the original people to one of the duplicated teams and the duplicated people to the other duplicate team.

This is a pain with nearly 100 players and 3 reserve/youth teams, not sure if I have the energy to. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ravsieg said:

This is a pain with nearly 100 players and 3 reserve/youth teams, not sure if I have the energy to. Thanks!

You can do a mass-edit, which for players works perfectly fine. The staff is a bit more work.

Somehow I can't change the names of reserve squads I've created.. does anyone know how to fix this? For example, I've created RKC Waalwijk B and want to change it to Jong RKC Waalwijk. When I do that, it automatically changes back to RKC Waalwijk B.

How I can change chairman status in editor? 

Almeria's owner has 1k status only, but he just joined to club. I see no sence so want to change it for 10k (I checked this info by FMRTE read-only)

Many thanks in advance!

upd - I found this in board confidence 

Edited by Novem9

5 часов назад, falonso сказал:

Somehow I can't change the names of reserve squads I've created.. does anyone know how to fix this? For example, I've created RKC Waalwijk B and want to change it to Jong RKC Waalwijk. When I do that, it automatically changes back to RKC Waalwijk B.

I give two stupid shots :)

1. Do you use real names fix? If yes possible you need to change name there
  2. Do your FM savefiles folder is classic? I changed this for D:\ disk and editor saved automatically for C:\My Documents, so I just have no updated file in directory

On 19/11/2019 at 07:40, dodgbowski said:

You need to either set a primary position (every player has to have at least one position that's "20") or you need to set all of them to 0 (which will randomize it). What you probably want to do is set your particular person's primary position to 20 (along with other positions that they play to anything between 1-20...). In this context, 1 doesn't mean you're bad at a position, it means you're just barely familiar with it (0 would be even less familiar). Hope that helps.

Upon starting a new game, I cannot choose English and it tells me: "Team found in the English Premier Division with the wrong nation set"

All the teams I've put there are English, does any of you know why this is happening?

Anyone knwo how well the "add players to new teams" & player generation is this year?

When i'm created a new team, rather than set accurate  attributes, if i just set 0 CA 0 PA. but a number in the position GK & role SW/GK type etc.   will the game dish them out to be or develop into that role pretty close? or is it pot luck... 

5 hours ago, Ravsieg said:

Upon starting a new game, I cannot choose English and it tells me: "Team found in the English Premier Division with the wrong nation set"

All the teams I've put there are English, does any of you know why this is happening?

Which edit are you using?

Does anybody know how to get the colour-coordinated qualification places for the league table (i.e. the top 6 in the premier league and La Liga) working with a created continental competition?

Also struggling to add what competition they qualify for in the league rules page.

Edited by Carlito85

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Which edit are you using?

I was creating my own scenario. I figured it out shortly after posting - Man City was stuck in the list of teams for the following year. Cheers for reaching out, though!

47 minutes ago, Sapa said:

Is it possible to change the teams playing the in the Asian Champions League.  I'd like to change the Vietnam entrant to the 2019 competition. 

Thanks

If you swap their previous finish with the previous position of the team you want to take out (from the same domestic league) then it should work.

Edited by Carlito85