Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

18 hours ago, funnylittlefrog said:

I am and I resolved the issue a little while ago. For reasons I don't understand it was 'Borough' in the 19.1 database and 'Town' in 19.3. As you say, likely an issue with multiple file use, but sorted now. Thank you for responding.

Good stuff. The sooner all last vestiges of the T word are eliminated, the better.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime i "add nation rules" and try to test it ingame the nation i edited doesn't have any leagues to be selected. When i hit advance anyway it will let me select a team like nothing is wrong but in the screen before that it doesn't even let me choose which leagues from that nation i want in my save. It just loads all leagues from that nation.

Also, it doesn't matter if i actually edited anything or not. Just saving the editor data after accessing the "add nation rules" menu is enough to **** this up.

What am i doing wrong here?

Edited by hxp

This is driving me mad! I'm trying to create a team, put them in the Premier League and play. I went the whole laborious process of adding players, creating a stadium etc. I have tried to replace Southampton and put my team in. So I have made Southampton extinct, put my team in, put last division as Premier league and next season the same, put previous position the same (17th), saved it with my team name. Then when I go in the entire league disappears!!

This happens every flipping time, what am I doing wrong?

How do I make B Teams similar to how they were in previous versions of FM? In FM19 they act like their own teams, I can't control their training, they can't register players from my squad making the "Make Available for B team" option pointless, It's led to me completely ignoring my B Team in favour of my U-23 since if I send them to the B Team I risk them being mis-trained.

I'm specifically talking about Benfica.

Hi everybody, hope here I can have a reply! I've some questions:

1) after creating a new nation using an exint one (EAST GERMANY) I can't select this new nation for my manager profile when I start a new savegame, do I have to do some?

2) Is it possibile to set a new currency to this new nation created?

3) Is it possible to set the Capital city of this new nation created?

5 minutes ago, bizio said:

Hi everybody, hope here I can have a reply! I've some questions:

1) after creating a new nation using an exint one (EAST GERMANY) I can't select this new nation for my manager profile when I start a new savegame, do I have to do some?

2) Is it possibile to set a new currency to this new nation created?

3) Is it possible to set the Capital city of this new nation created?

1. you can't because extinct nations aren't manageable

2. afaik no

3. no

26 minuti fa, Bigpole ha scritto:

1. you can't because extinct nations aren't manageable

2. afaik no

3. no

ok thanks for it, but

you mean they are not manageable even after unlocking the "continent" field so you can use it in game as an existing nation but it's not possible to have a human manager with this nationality?

2 minutes ago, bizio said:

ok thanks for it, but

you mean they are not manageable even after unlocking the "continent" field so you can use it in game as an existing nation but it's not possible to have a human manager with this nationality?

In older version you could create a nation and manage it but from this FM I believe, you can't. I haven't played in editor in order to create a nation but I think someone from SI said that it's not possible.

3 minuti fa, Bigpole ha scritto:

In older version you could create a nation and manage it but from this FM I believe, you can't. I haven't played in editor in order to create a nation but I think someone from SI said that it's not possible.

I've already created with the fm19 editor; exactly as I did in fm18, this is possible (I still have to create a pyramid sistem competiton to be honest)....

I've been building an a-league progressive expansion, which has been successful so far with two divisions growing over a decade or so but I've come across a couple of issues.

1) when I move existing clubs up to one of these divisions (at start of game) I want to set the club's to be professional, but when I choose it from the dropdown it stays as Semi-pro. Do I need to do something with reputation or is there something else I'm missing?

2) as part of the expansion I have Wellington Phoenix dropping out of the comp when their current Deal expires (ignore 'get specific team'). However the club continues to sign players as it is still associated to the a-league even if they are not in the fixtures. Is there a  way to make them be extinct on a set date? Assuming there is no way to make them play in a different comp (NZ)?

Cheers

2 ore fa, Sheppy12 ha scritto:

I've been building an a-league progressive expansion, which has been successful so far with two divisions growing over a decade or so but I've come across a couple of issues.

1) when I move existing clubs up to one of these divisions (at start of game) I want to set the club's to be professional, but when I choose it from the dropdown it stays as Semi-pro. Do I need to do something with reputation or is there something else I'm missing?

2) as part of the expansion I have Wellington Phoenix dropping out of the comp when their current Deal expires (ignore 'get specific team'). However the club continues to sign players as it is still associated to the a-league even if they are not in the fixtures. Is there a  way to make them be extinct on a set date? Assuming there is no way to make them play in a different comp (NZ)?

Cheers

Don't know why about first issue, I've changed some sardinian club they were semi-pro or even lower to pro and they keep the changment even without raising or touching the rep.

I guess for the second you could flag the option "no more existing" or "not existing" (I don't know how it's set in English language) btw you should see on the main page for each club.

Edited by bizio

So I'm looking to do a Youth Challenge starting all the way from the bottom in Italy. Since I can't find a db with Eccelenza leagues enabled I thought it would make a nice little project to familiarize myself with the editor. Problem is I have no idea where to begin with adding Serie D. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial to add leagues to existing league structures?

12 hours ago, yipster1986 said:

So I'm looking to do a Youth Challenge starting all the way from the bottom in Italy. Since I can't find a db with Eccelenza leagues enabled I thought it would make a nice little project to familiarize myself with the editor. Problem is I have no idea where to begin with adding Serie D. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial to add leagues to existing league structures?

On 12/04/2019 at 20:57, bizio said:

Don't know why about first issue, I've changed some sardinian club they were semi-pro or even lower to pro and they keep the changment even without raising or touching the rep.

I guess for the second you could flag the option "no more existing" or "not existing" (I don't know how it's set in English language) btw you should see on the main page for each club.

Thanks Bizio,

It's has allowed me to change some amateur teams to Semi-pro, but not up to pro. Will try again and see if I've missed something obvious.

With the 'is extinct' option I can only set that there from the beginning, but I want it to kick in when I remove them from the league in 2023/24 season. Is there a way to do that?

Cheers

Hi

I'm having problems with my FM17 save, using Dan's L22 mod.

When my team wins the league, they don't get promoted and the second place team goes up instead. Is it possible to correct this in the official in game editor or FMRTE, perhaps by swapping us with a team in the division we should have been promoted to, or is team swapping only possible in the pre-game editor?

Thanks in advance

Il 14/4/2019 in 23:56 , Sheppy12 ha scritto:

Thanks Bizio,

It's has allowed me to change some amateur teams to Semi-pro, but not up to pro. Will try again and see if I've missed something obvious.

With the 'is extinct' option I can only set that there from the beginning, but I want it to kick in when I remove them from the league in 2023/24 season. Is there a way to do that?

Cheers

Just thinking, maybe it's not:

there's a possibility that the league where the clubs are do not permit to have professional clubs?

Set a future extintion is wide far from my experience about editing, looks something really particular to set

Guys, I've decided to create a new nation from an existing one (instead of taking an extint one)!

I'm in front of a "visual" issue in game which apparently I can't modify!

When in game I try to search the players or staffers with the nationality created unfortunately I can't select by the nationality created but using the name related to the older nationality I've modified.

i.e. I made Sardinian nation starting from Andorra; so in game in order to have a look of how much sardinian players only there are in DB loaded I need to select into the research by nationality the option "Andorran" as do not appears "Sardinian"

It's not present in game the adjective sardinian even if in editing phase I've changed in the section "ALTERNATIVE NAMES" from "andorrana" to "sarda" (of course in italian language)

I've also tried to check the italian file to see if there there's a sort of translation from Andorran to Andorrana and eventually change it but didn't find neither

Does someone found a way to solve that in past?

For some reason, 3 of the 4 teams relegated from my 2nd division are being placed in the Parent Comp instead of the Child comp with the 4th correctly being placed in a child comp.  The Test in the editor throws up an error stating that there are not enough teams being promoted but it is two up/two down and in game it displays correctly.  If i progress the game through the update day then the game picks 3 random "non-league" teams into the child comps instead.

Ive essentially copied the Conference North/South setup.  Has anyone experienced this or has any thoughts on what could fix it?

12 hours ago, Sheppy12 said:

For some reason, 3 of the 4 teams relegated from my 2nd division are being placed in the Parent Comp instead of the Child comp with the 4th correctly being placed in a child comp.  The Test in the editor throws up an error stating that there are not enough teams being promoted but it is two up/two down and in game it displays correctly.  If i progress the game through the update day then the game picks 3 random "non-league" teams into the child comps instead.

Ive essentially copied the Conference North/South setup.  Has anyone experienced this or has any thoughts on what could fix it?

teams are unable to be in parent competition because parent comp is not playable competition. If teams are not relegated to 'certain' divisions - the game moves them according to geographic location afaik.

On 21/04/2019 at 21:39, Bigpole said:

teams are unable to be in parent competition because parent comp is not playable competition. If teams are not relegated to 'certain' divisions - the game moves them according to geographic location afaik.

So this could be the issue as i havent set any geographic locations for the divisions.  When i look at the Conference North/South there are teams listed in "Teams in Region", but i cant seem to add teams here.  Ive tried putting division boundaries but i still get the issue with teams well inside the locations, with that division short on numbers.  Is there a way to set the locations and how does this work with  fixing up the divisions each year to ensure the best split?

21 minutes ago, Sheppy12 said:

So this could be the issue as i havent set any geographic locations for the divisions.  When i look at the Conference North/South there are teams listed in "Teams in Region", but i cant seem to add teams here.  Ive tried putting division boundaries but i still get the issue with teams well inside the locations, with that division short on numbers.  Is there a way to set the locations and how does this work with  fixing up the divisions each year to ensure the best split?

teams in regions menu only shows team that are likely to go to that division and you set regional divisions individually in club menu under competition tab.

2 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

teams in regions menu only shows team that are likely to go to that division and you set regional divisions individually in club menu under competition tab.

Just found this.  Do i have to do each team individually or is there a way to do it bulk?

23 minutes ago, Sheppy12 said:

Just found this.  Do i have to do each team individually or is there a way to do it bulk?

I tend to edit individually but you can bulk change by selecting all clubs you want to change and mass edit them

20 hours ago, Bigpole said:

I tend to edit individually but you can bulk change by selecting all clubs you want to change and mass edit them

Nice one.  Became too hard to do bulk so did them individually in the end.  I still had issues, but now ive removed the pro/rel until divisions are full size the issue is resolved. cheers

what are the steps that need to be taken to create a north and south sub division in england? any help wouldd be awesome.

i dont  have any clue as to what pages in the editor i need to go to and what info need to be type in to create the north south sub divisions

thank you.

On 26/04/2019 at 03:32, fmsqaud said:

what are the steps that need to be taken to create a north and south sub division in england? any help wouldd be awesome.

i dont  have any clue as to what pages in the editor i need to go to and what info need to be type in to create the north south sub divisions

thank you.

A few steps to go through here.  You will need to 'Add Nation Rules' and then choose England from the 'Current Nations' and then, depending on what you want to do choose either "Add lower divisions to existing structure' or 'Create New Competitions'.  Then you need to go into 'Advanced Rules' and go from there.  The North and South divisions need a parent competition and its this one that you set up the league stages.  The parent competition and the child comps need to be added to the 'List' as well as under 'Nation' (parent only), 'Required Teams' (both child) and 'Competitions' (parent) under 'England' (assuming you want the divisions to be playable).

Best thing i can recommend is to load up the 'Add lower divisions' and see how the Vanarama National is setup and get your ideas from there.

Just make sure that once you have set up the competitions to make sure that you set regional divisions to teams likely to enter this competition.  Otherwise you will find the teams are not set up based on geography.  I believe you can also use divisional boundaries but i've not been able to get that to work successfully (its also not how Vanarama Conference is set up in the game).

Hello!!

Can I transfer a competition team using the editor?

I would like to transfer the AIK from Sweden to one of the English leagues, but to keep the country base of the team, in the case to Sweden.
I want to set up a save by taking the AIK to the premier league, but keeping the team as Swedish team, with Swedish newgens, etc.

On 12/04/2019 at 01:10, Sheppy12 said:

Cheers

If you use "next division", you could have them dropping into a lower league or something (has to be same nation though) after one season

Hey,

I’ve expanded the A-league and I’m pretty happy with it so far. Only one issue is that I can’t get the fixture to generate multiple match times for example all matches are scheduled for 15:00 Saturday. I wanted one game to be Friday night and a couple on Sunday. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I’ve played around with moving games for tv ect without any luck.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you.

18 hours ago, Justin16 said:

Hey,

I’ve expanded the A-league and I’m pretty happy with it so far. Only one issue is that I can’t get the fixture to generate multiple match times for example all matches are scheduled for 15:00 Saturday. I wanted one game to be Friday night and a couple on Sunday. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I’ve played around with moving games for tv ect without any luck.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you.

In advanced Rules, you need to go to the Stage of the division you want to update and under "League Schedule", select "offset dates".  I just copied it straight out of the existing A-League structure (no point reinventing the wheel imo) but have a play around with that.  Days Offset -1, Time 18:45 (assuming your matchday is set to Saturday) should give you a Friday.

On 04/05/2019 at 03:47, themodelcitizen said:

If you use "next division", you could have them dropping into a lower league or something (has to be same nation though) after one season

Nice one.  Running a test save on this now

9 minutes ago, Sheppy12 said:

In advanced Rules, you need to go to the Stage of the division you want to update and under "League Schedule", select "offset dates".  I just copied it straight out of the existing A-League structure (no point reinventing the wheel imo) but have a play around with that.  Days Offset -1, Time 18:45 (assuming your matchday is set to Saturday) should give you a Friday.

Thank you, I’ll give that a shot!

cheers! 

8 hours ago, Sheppy12 said:

Nice one.  Running a test save on this now

Yeah the different year versions of the league will have "get all teams from division" like normal, just have Wellington's "next division" set to "lower leagues" or something

Edited by themodelcitizen

15 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah the different year versions of the league will have "get all teams from division" like normal, just have Wellington's "next division" set to "lower leagues" or something

Unfortunately it hasnt worked.  Ive tried with their 'Next Division' on the club as 'Australian Lower Leagues' and ive tried adding that as a competition in the List but they still show as A-League by 2077 (although not in the competition as ive set them to ignore under 'Get specific team'.  I wondered if i could 'pull' it from the Lower Leagues competition but you dont get the option when you run it as a Hidden Stage.  Is there somewhere else i can set Next Division?

if you use "get all teams from division" then you shouldn't need to tell it to ignore teams. Maybe that only works for MLS teams though, that's how it handled LAFC's expansion in FM18 (i.e. they sat out the first year, so I assume you could reverse that)

Hi guys, me and a couple buddies are making our own drafted teams and placing them in the premier league via the editor. Problem is, no matter what I do, I can't increase the default Team Cohesion to be average. It's "abysmal". Obviously this makes sense, the squad is new and all, but is there a way to edit this so we start on "average" cohesion? Would appreciate any help....

On 06/04/2019 at 13:08, johnnio99 said:

This is driving me mad! I'm trying to create a team, put them in the Premier League and play. I went the whole laborious process of adding players, creating a stadium etc. I have tried to replace Southampton and put my team in. So I have made Southampton extinct, put my team in, put last division as Premier league and next season the same, put previous position the same (17th), saved it with my team name. Then when I go in the entire league disappears!!

This happens every flipping time, what am I doing wrong?

Bumping this up as no-one has replied and am still at a loss to what I'm doing wrong.

1 hour ago, johnnio99 said:

Bumping this up as no-one has replied and am still at a loss to what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe instead of making a new club, change everything from Southampton to your own club and remove the history from Southampton. 

On 08/05/2019 at 00:10, johnnio99 said:

I found that sometimes when you add the team to a division from the team, it wouldn't pick it up.  Try going to the Premier League and make sure your team is in the Team List.  You may also want to remove and re-add from this screen.

If the league is disappearing, have you tried running the 'Test Competitions' in the editor?  This will often give you an idea of what is going wrong.

On 07/05/2019 at 11:22, protohot said:

Hi guys, me and a couple buddies are making our own drafted teams and placing them in the premier league via the editor. Problem is, no matter what I do, I can't increase the default Team Cohesion to be average. It's "abysmal". Obviously this makes sense, the squad is new and all, but is there a way to edit this so we start on "average" cohesion? Would appreciate any help....

I've not done this myself, but maybe try putting the "Date Joined" date on the players to further back in history?

On 05/05/2019 at 01:37, Craduco said:

Hi,

When I start a save with Ajax, the owner always seems to be looking to sell the club. Is there a way of making sure this doesn't happen?

If its every time then maybe its hard-coded.  Nothing obvious in the editor to change that either.  Not sure if its something you can change in the In-game editor?

On 07/05/2019 at 07:07, themodelcitizen said:

if you use "get all teams from division" then you shouldn't need to tell it to ignore teams. Maybe that only works for MLS teams though, that's how it handled LAFC's expansion in FM18 (i.e. they sat out the first year, so I assume you could reverse that)

I think this only works in conjunction with 'Teams for Next Season' in the division setup.  Has potential but I can't get my head around how i can use that 6 years in the future with promo/relegation.  Will have a play around with it some more though, see what happens.

8 hours ago, Sheppy12 said:

I've not done this myself, but maybe try putting the "Date Joined" date on the players to further back in history?

Haha this was the first thing I tried! Didn't work :/ 

Hi there, I'm not wanting to start a new thread so I'm hoping someone is watching this one.

I'm currently at the testing stage of my first created database but I'm getting an error saying the season start date is wrong ( 1/6/2020 isn't within start date) even though its set to 11/8/2019. I changed the date to start to 5/8/2019 to see what would happen and it correctly stated the start date is wrong, but showed 5/8/2019 isn't within the correct time frame. Switched it back to 11/8/2019 and to the 1/6/2020 error again. 

would appreciate any help please, and thank you in advance

On 10/05/2019 at 23:53, Beliall said:

Hi there, I'm not wanting to start a new thread so I'm hoping someone is watching this one.

I'm currently at the testing stage of my first created database but I'm getting an error saying the season start date is wrong ( 1/6/2020 isn't within start date) even though its set to 11/8/2019. I changed the date to start to 5/8/2019 to see what would happen and it correctly stated the start date is wrong, but showed 5/8/2019 isn't within the correct time frame. Switched it back to 11/8/2019 and to the 1/6/2020 error again. 

would appreciate any help please, and thank you in advance

There could be a few things causing this, but its likely a fixture issue.  Where are you making this change? League Schedule? Dates? etc

Is your database set up to run as one competition forever, or do you have it changing season on season?  If so, make sure each is set up with the same Date Range under 'Competition' (ie July to May). Also, make sure that if it is set up this way that Start Year and End Year run concurrently across each competition.

If its all the same competition though, are you running multiple stages (ie league and playoffs).  If so, you need to make sure that the second stage has the first stage as a requirement and that the dates for that stage sit outside of the first stage.

Also, you may wish to check that the Season Update Day (again under 'competition') is set to outside of the competition date.  For a July to May season, i tend to leave mine at June 20th.

Do the competitions validate?  If so, you should be able to run a game on the database anyway.  Holiday forward to April (ish) and see what is happening.  Has it loaded extra stages?  Are all the fixtures played? etc

If all of this seems ok, can you give me a bit more information on how the league is set up?

8 minutes ago, Sheppy12 said:

There could be a few things causing this, but its likely a fixture issue.  Where are you making this change? League Schedule? Dates? etc

Is your database set up to run as one competition forever, or do you have it changing season on season?  If so, make sure each is set up with the same Date Range under 'Competition' (ie July to May). Also, make sure that if it is set up this way that Start Year and End Year run concurrently across each competition.

If its all the same competition though, are you running multiple stages (ie league and playoffs).  If so, you need to make sure that the second stage has the first stage as a requirement and that the dates for that stage sit outside of the first stage.

Also, you may wish to check that the Season Update Day (again under 'competition') is set to outside of the competition date.  For a July to May season, i tend to leave mine at June 20th.

Do the competitions validate?  If so, you should be able to run a game on the database anyway.  Holiday forward to April (ish) and see what is happening.  Has it loaded extra stages?  Are all the fixtures played? etc

If all of this seems ok, can you give me a bit more information on how the league is set up?

Thanks Sheppy, some good info there to go on, will report back when i have checked all these things. Season update day is default, the league all have playoffs, its a recreating of the English league system, with 20 teams a piece with a new league 3 included, including vanarama league changes because of the promotions i had to do to make league 3. I don't know how to validate the file while I'm still getting errors running the test.
To make the playoffs i just ticked the playoff option, added the number of teams etc, saw nothing that included a date to start. I will look again.