Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Using FM17 Editor.
I've created 2 leagues but while adding the leagues into the nation rules and testing them it says:

image.png.7ffe9d4b71bdb041ef00b8730bc3c1c3.png

I'm trying to find where in the Main League (Pakistani Premier League) can I add the child competition (Pakistani Championship). 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whenever i make any change to fmf files downloaded from the web they become corrupt and when i load them with the game drop-down menu for the country that the fmf file relates to is empty. any ideas what might be wrong?

PS I'm using Mac os and downloaded editor from Steam

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I need help with -

1. How can I create an additional Local Region in a Country?

2. How can I create 4 league structures running parallel in one country at the same time?

3. How can I create one Super League which will be played by the winners and runners-ups of the above mentioned 4 leagues?

Hello everyone,

first of all, sorry for my bad english.

I wanna know, how to open and edit the file "forbidden names", which is located in the folder "...\Football Manager 2018\data\database\db\1830\dbc\permanent"?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

HollyWoods

9 hours ago, HollyWoods said:

Hello everyone,

first of all, sorry for my bad english.

I wanna know, how to open and edit the file "forbidden names", which is located in the folder "...\Football Manager 2018\data\database\db\1830\dbc\permanent"?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

HollyWoods

what you want to edit?

vor 10 Stunden schrieb krlenjushka:

what you want to edit?

I want to add more "forbidden" names for the newgens (or regens).

In Germany many of them named as Schweinsteiger, Titsch-Rivero, Callsen-Bracker, etc.

Edited by HollyWoods

I hope this is the right place for this simple question:

Just starting FM18/FM18, playing in the English Leagues, starting in the lower leagues and hoping to make it up to the Premier League. It appears that the leagues below Premier League are accurate in terms of league names and competitions? Is the Premier League the only thing that needs external files to be accurate? What other competitions also need external files to be corrected?

Thanks!

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I am currently in the process of joining the Irish leagues, and want to retain both getting European spots. I’ve managed this, but instead of selecting the best N.Irish teams, it seems to take them at random, anyone know if theirs a way to set this up so it picks teams based on league performance?

On 07/07/2018 at 09:03, Vjain28 said:

Hello I need help with -

1. How can I create an additional Local Region in a Country?

2. How can I create 4 league structures running parallel in one country at the same time?

3. How can I create one Super League which will be played by the winners and runners-ups of the above mentioned 4 leagues?

1. As far as i know it's not possible.

2. You can create 4 'separate' divisions with 'personalized' promotions/relegations. But it will be 'the same' division' (just splited into 4 sub-divisions)

3. I know you can create 'final round' of that competinion which contain these 8 clubs (like in belgium) or you can just make a separate top division with these 8 clubs and promotion/relegation to lower divisions.

On 11/07/2018 at 09:58, HollyWoods said:

I want to add more "forbidden" names for the newgens (or regens).

In Germany many of them named as Schweinsteiger, Titsch-Rivero, Callsen-Bracker, etc.

you have pm

2 hours ago, grade said:

Is there anyway to reduce club travel expanses in the editor?

maybe you can try to change real longitude/ latitude of every city in your league - test this and let me know. im not sure is this important in game

21 minutes ago, Sheahan14 said:

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I am currently in the process of joining the Irish leagues, and want to retain both getting European spots. I’ve managed this, but instead of selecting the best N.Irish teams, it seems to take them at random, anyone know if theirs a way to set this up so it picks teams based on league performance?

what do you mean by random? if league is  inactive - game will use reputation to choose clubs - if you have playable league - best teams should qualify to europe.

42 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

you have pm

maybe you can try to change real longitude/ latitude of every city in your league - test this and let me know. im not sure is this important in game

what do you mean by random? if league is  inactive - game will use reputation to choose clubs - if you have playable league - best teams should qualify to europe.

So, I’ve added the N.Irish teams to a new league in Ireland. All N. Irish teams are now in ireland but still based on N. Ireland and have continental qualification from there too. It randomly picks 4 of them from the All-Irish Premiership, but not by rep or league position

3 minutes ago, Sheahan14 said:

So, I’ve added the N.Irish teams to a new league in Ireland. All N. Irish teams are now in ireland but still based on N. Ireland and have continental qualification from there too. It randomly picks 4 of them from the All-Irish Premiership, but not by rep or league position

I dont know how teams will behave when you move them to another nation league system.

Does the game change when you use the editor? I mean in how it behaves. I want to use an edit where I delete all loans, injuries, and bans from game start (a clean slate) but it seems that every time I do this the game is harder; more inexplicable events, more injuries, more "surprise defeats" against lowly opposition etc...

I want to believe that the game doesn't care what I do with the editor, but I can't shift this suspicious feeling.

Hello

i am editing an old FM (2012) and i am trying to run separate files one with nation rules and one with international rules. They work individually but won't work together

my new league appears but can't be selected and has an '!' mark next to it stating 'required minimum of 12 teams for , found only 0'

can anybody advise how to fix this?

Hi all,

I've added a custom nation (a rebadged Upper Volta) to Oceania and added a league structure to play. The first time the Oceania Champions League rolled around none of my teams qualified, even though I set one side as finishing 1st in the previous season.

Before I play on too far and waste my time, are the clubs from this country not going to show up in the OCL, and the nation not going to qualify for any of the international tournaments (am slowly building world ranking via friendlies)? If so, is there anything I need to do in the editor to get them to be treated the same as Vanuatu, Samoa etc... I've had a look at the data from those nations in the editor and they don't have anything special. 

Just getting back into FM editing after a few years away and will kick myself if I waste too much time playing for no result.

Edit - Have just found the Continental qualifying positions and this country isn't listed. I'm going to have to do some advanced continental rules here aren't I? Hopefully not National Rules too.

Edited by Supermercado99

• 2 weeks later...

I’m trying to create a Scottish youth cup in the editor as for some reason it wasn’t included in the game. I’ve created it as close to the English youth cup as I can since it’s already there. But once I load the game with the changes it’s not there is there something else I need to do to link it to the Scottish u20 teams that will compete in it? 

I am familiar with the editor, I use it every year for loads of things, so I know the basics. What I'd like to know though, is, would it be possible to put Rangers and Celtic in the English league but put their reserve teams in the SPL still? I know how to move them to the English leagues, I'm just not certain how I would, if it's possible, put their reserves in their place? And what effects this might have on the European placings? I know I can change it to them both qualifying for continental competitions via the English league, but would their reserves also get into Europe?

Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I'd love the chance to try and dominate both leagues.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb ..Valhalla..:

@KUBI -

Since it's mentioned in the OP, how do I play with no foreigners in my league?

Also where do I put downloaded databases? (EDIT - found that answer)

You need to change the foreign player rules in the league.

@KUBI - THANK you so much! I've changed the rules and currently running the editor test (seems to be working so far). I cannot tell you how excited I am at the thought of English Premier League teams consisting entirely of English players, La Liga - Spanish, etc etc. This is my dream come true, and most other manager's (IRL) nightmares :lol:  

EDIT - not working yet, all squads remained the same through a season. Need to figure this out, it must work somehow.

Edited by ..Valhalla..

vor 1 Stunde schrieb ..Valhalla..:

@KUBI - THANK you so much! I've changed the rules and currently running the editor test (seems to be working so far). I cannot tell you how excited I am at the thought of English Premier League teams consisting entirely of English players, La Liga - Spanish, etc etc. This is my dream come true, and most other manager's (IRL) nightmares :lol:  

EDIT - not working yet, all squads remained the same through a season. Need to figure this out, it must work somehow.

If teams have already foreign players it will take one or two seasons, before they can get rid off those players.

3 hours ago, KUBI said:

If teams have already foreign players it will take one or two seasons, before they can get rid off those players.

I know that much but I was hoping to see them fill up the squad registration (EPL) with home grown players since I'd set the rule as <less than> 1 foreign player(s) allowed, yet they carried on signing foreign players as well.

However... a quick glance back through the editor told me the registration rule appears several times for England (the same rule, weirdly) so I'm going to have to change each one. At least I know why it was happening, and it will not defeat me.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb ..Valhalla..:

I know that much but I was hoping to see them fill up the squad registration (EPL) with home grown players since I'd set the rule as <less than> 1 foreign player(s) allowed, yet they carried on signing foreign players as well.

However... a quick glance back through the editor told me the registration rule appears several times for England (the same rule, weirdly) so I'm going to have to change each one. At least I know why it was happening, and it will not defeat me.

There is also a difference in squad and match rules. 

Hopefully I have finally sorted it out this time. I get the impression setting the rule as <less than> 1 will actually mean 1 will be allowed, since the maximum of 25 is set as <less than> 25, although it only dawned on me as I was starting the test and I just want to see if I'm on the right track. 

Will also almost certainly have to set the Champions League squad rules up the same, although I can't imagine teams will sign players just for European competition. 

Edited by ..Valhalla..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a simple question about the in-game editor. If I increase a player's CA without actually editing their attributes, will they "naturally" fill out in the appropriate attributes for their position/depending on what they're being trained or will nothing happen.

Had a search and couldn't quite find the answer... I'm hoping to work out how to set up a league so that there is room for gradual attendances changes that eventually lead to new stadiums (but not huge changes).

I've made a fictional league/nation set up with lots of clubs. I've set most teams has having a 500 seater, roughly equal reputation.

• Originally I set it up so the attendance value was higher than the 500 which meant most clubs built a new stadium 2-4 years. I'd set it to 1000-2000 depending on the team. I holidayed about 35 years and ended up with a range of stadiums with most getting attendances in the 1000's, and the more succesful teams getting 5-10k by 2040. This seemed a bit quick though, and not varied enough (with almost all teams building a stadium so soon).
  • I was wanting a more gradual and organic growth to the attendances so I tried again but then set the values at around 250 for the teams. 15 years in and about 4 teams have built new stadiums. Two have downsized! To about 480. And two are building bigger stadiums 2.5k-3k. Every other team is getting about 350.

I'm about to try a third time and up the attendance value slightly (350) but are there any other factors that influence attendance beyond the attendance value and team/league rep? Should I up the population of cities slightly?

5 hours ago, Peljam said:

Had a search and couldn't quite find the answer... I'm hoping to work out how to set up a league so that there is room for gradual attendances changes that eventually lead to new stadiums (but not huge changes).

I've made a fictional league/nation set up with lots of clubs. I've set most teams has having a 500 seater, roughly equal reputation.

• Originally I set it up so the attendance value was higher than the 500 which meant most clubs built a new stadium 2-4 years. I'd set it to 1000-2000 depending on the team. I holidayed about 35 years and ended up with a range of stadiums with most getting attendances in the 1000's, and the more succesful teams getting 5-10k by 2040. This seemed a bit quick though, and not varied enough (with almost all teams building a stadium so soon).
  • I was wanting a more gradual and organic growth to the attendances so I tried again but then set the values at around 250 for the teams. 15 years in and about 4 teams have built new stadiums. Two have downsized! To about 480. And two are building bigger stadiums 2.5k-3k. Every other team is getting about 350.

I'm about to try a third time and up the attendance value slightly (350) but are there any other factors that influence attendance beyond the attendance value and team/league rep? Should I up the population of cities slightly?

I guess reputation of leagues/teams should be some factor.

On 11/10/2018 at 20:59, krlenjushka said:

I guess reputation of leagues/teams should be some factor.

Thanks, I ran a few other versions and tested over 20 seasons.

• Increasing the population of the cities the teams are based in
  • Increasing the competition rep (with pop increase)
  • Increasing the attendance value (with pop increase)
  • Combining all 3.

Increasing the population on its own had no effect.

Increasing the competition rep led to a very small and gradual increase, as did increasing the attendance value to 300-415 (though this stalled)

Combing them all, along with making sure most stadiums had room to expand led to more variety in attendances, expanded stadiums (around 900-1.2k usually), and a general increase in average attendance for each competition. Some teams with stadiums that had been too big (a couple used national stadia) actually built their own smaller stadiums eventually (downsized from a 14k they were renting but were only getting about 4% attendance to a 900 seater they were almost filling every week).

So it looks like rep is king when it comes to attendances.

Edited by Peljam

hey, hope someone can help, i been looking to get into making my own databases, i am fed up trying to find ones to use and also asking others to do it for me, so looking to learn it myself. The problem is all i am finding are youtube videos, i am really looking for a step by step guide for creating  my own nation so i can then put leagues in it. so yea i am looking for everything, how to create the nation, how to create the league structure, how to create any cup comps to go with it, if anyone has a step by step that is easily followed and can be printed off even better that would be great :)

6 hours ago, Wheelsunited2019 said:

hey, hope someone can help, i been looking to get into making my own databases, i am fed up trying to find ones to use and also asking others to do it for me, so looking to learn it myself. The problem is all i am finding are youtube videos, i am really looking for a step by step guide for creating  my own nation so i can then put leagues in it. so yea i am looking for everything, how to create the nation, how to create the league structure, how to create any cup comps to go with it, if anyone has a step by step that is easily followed and can be printed off even better that would be great :)

I always liked Nine Iron's videos but they are for older versions of the editor.

I am trying to make a North American Premier League with squad rules that make each club have at least 10 HGN's on the team.  However the game is not consistent with labeling the players correctly.  For instance, USA is the country the league is based in and a team from Costa Rica has 25 players all from Costa Rica (see attached) but only has a few players the are indicated as HGN, even though if you click on the players info it will show Eligibility Costa Rica and a different local club other than the players current club.  The only HGN's that populate are HGC's which show Nation and Same Current Club.  Which is not what i'm looking for.  League rules are correct - see attached.  Any suggestions?

question.PNG

2.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Error in Nation Rules

CUP_SETTINGS::add_fate_action_set_continental_cup() -invalid round

I  made a custom db/nation rules in FM18 for my fictional Tahiti leagues and cups. I've exported as XML and loaded into the FM19 editor. When I try to test the rules I get the above error message. I've then tried to set the fate action in the top flight/division rules so that the winners enter the Oceania Champions League but I keep getting that error message even. I feel I'm missing something obvious but there's no option for me to set which round they would qualify for etc.

Anyone know what I'm missing here?

Editor1.PNG

Edited by Peljam

Hi everyone. I'm not really someone who's used the editor that much, however I have played around with it from time to time in the past. With the Football Manager 2019 editor however, I keep running into an error when testing edited nation rules. The error just says "could not set properly" with no other information as to what has actually gone wrong. This also has the effect of preventing me from verifying a nation edit, which in turn prevents me from using it. 

Chances are I've just made some mistake down the line, but still any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I have an fmf file created on FM18 editor which is an update to team names. 

When I try to import the file onto FM19 I get an XML parsing error.

Does anyone know how I would be able to fix this as I have made over 3500 changes to team names and don't fancy doing it all over again.Capture.thumb.PNG.d44d4b3ec85ee3db0548ab1d7239a153.PNG

9 hours ago, Peljam said:

Error in Nation Rules

CUP_SETTINGS::add_fate_action_set_continental_cup() -invalid round

I  made a custom db/nation rules in FM18 for my fictional Tahiti leagues and cups. I've exported as XML and loaded into the FM19 editor. When I try to test the rules I get the above error message. I've then tried to set the fate action in the top flight/division rules so that the winners enter the Oceania Champions League but I keep getting that error message even. I feel I'm missing something obvious but there's no option for me to set which round they would qualify for etc.

Anyone know what I'm missing here?

Editor1.PNG

Update:

First of all despite the error I was still able to opent the saved editor file and run the file. Even though it wasn't verifed. I'm just testing that save but it looks fine apart from the fact the team colours and kits have been wiped. The rules  state two will qualify from the league to the OCL.

But, whilst the game is testing in the background I opened the editor again. I reverted to basic rules, and then went back to advanced. And now it lets me test and verify in the editor without any issue. I just don't have the continental bit in the fate actions. I'm going to test that one as well.

So I still don't understand the error message but I may have worked around it. So if anyone else gets similar try loading the saved file anyway, or reverting to basic and back to advanced again.

I already opened a thread in the football manager forum to ask the following:

You all probably heard of the football academy of the French FA in Clairfontaine, which generates high potential newgens in game almost every youth intake. The youth intake is up for grabs for every club, because they don't have any contract from Clairfontaine, as they are listed as a club with amateur status.

For my new save with Everton in FM19 I would like to create a IRL existing academy, that is located in Cyprus and is working together with Everton FC.

I'd like to create an academy that much like Clairefontaine is getting youth players every intake and also is not able to give the youth players any contracts, as they are amateurs, but the difference is, that Everton should have some kind of option to grab the players they feel good enough for their youth team. Is something like that possible to create with the editor or could it only be achieved by hardcoding?