Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

is there any problem with players and clubs from fm17? I mean if they can be exported to fm18. I have around 400 teams with players and  Im worried that I will have to create them from the scratch.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys and gals. is it possible to change the rules of the top leagues. ie to change the amount of home based players are allowed in the matchday squad?

i want to create a league where the top divisions have to have 6 domestic players in the starting eleven and 12 from the 25 have to come from the youth set ups.

possible or not ?

vor 24 Minuten schrieb jamessmith010101:

hey guys and gals. is it possible to change the rules of the top leagues. ie to change the amount of home based players are allowed in the matchday squad?

i want to create a league where the top divisions have to have 6 domestic players in the starting eleven and 12 from the 25 have to come from the youth set ups.

possible or not ?

For the Premier League as example it is fixtures rules 6

match rules.jpg

Hi there folks I'm new to the editor but have a decent grasp of it. I'm having a small problem with moving Celtic into the EPL, In the league and Europe all is good but for some reason I can't get them out of the Betfred cup (Scottish League Cup) and into the English League Cup. They are in the FA Cup fine so I'm not sure what I may have missed. Thanks in advance :)

Hello, I have only one question. I want to add new teams to the game, however I want the team to not be active until the next year like LAFC is by default. 

To be more specific my goal is to add San Diego 1904 FC to the database and have the club join the NASL in 2018 like in real life. 

Thank you.

Hi , I was reading about unlockable features in fm . like  dodgy lasagne , 

No Loan Restrictions unlockable

Board Override

Magic Sponge

Lifetime contract unlockable

what does mean each one and how to unlock them? is it something I have to buy from steam or what?

vor 40 Minuten schrieb zanbou3a:

Hi , I was reading about unlockable features in fm . like  dodgy lasagne , 

No Loan Restrictions unlockable

Board Override

Magic Sponge

Lifetime contract unlockable

what does mean each one and how to unlock them? is it something I have to buy from steam or what?

This is for FM Touch, not for the full version:

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-touch-2018/store-and-unlockables/

For the full game you can buy the ingame editor, which does the same and more.

Hi,

I'm using the pre-game editor for the first time because I want to make Finnish lower leagues playable. Anyway, now (before I even start) I have couple of questions about contracts:

1) When I'm editing competitions, there is a section called "contract types". Are these maximum contracts? So, for example, if I set it to "part time" for key players, teams can't offer full time contracts to their key players in that division? What if I leave those blanks?

2) Team I want to manage is semi-professional team, but it has couple of full time players in game (like in real life). But in game I can't offer them new full time contracts before my team is professional. Is it possible to edit the game so that semi-professional teams can offer full time contracts to their key players and staff without having to edit every team separately? I know in some countrys it's against the rules that semi-professional/amateur clubs sign full time contracts, but here in Finland it's quite common.

Hello all,

I am trying to use the editor to install Allardyce at Everton and the game isn't recognizing the change. I start up a new save using the editor data with Sam at Everton and they always seem to start without a manager and he's not even in the loaded database. I've tried using it in concert with other editor files from sites like sortitoutsi and by its lonesome with no success either way. Has anybody else been able to get him in at Everton in a new save?

Thanks for your time.

5 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Hello all,

I am trying to use the editor to install Allardyce at Everton and the game isn't recognizing the change. I start up a new save using the editor data with Sam at Everton and they always seem to start without a manager and he's not even in the loaded database. I've tried using it in concert with other editor files from sites like sortitoutsi and by its lonesome with no success either way. Has anybody else been able to get him in at Everton in a new save?

Thanks for your time.

Go to his Person Data - Retirements in the editor and you'll see that there's a Non-Player Retirement in 24/5/2017. If you remove that problem's solved. I had trouble with this too a while ago.

Edited by beck7ham

10 hours ago, beck7ham said:

Go to his Person Data - Retirements in the editor and you'll see that there's a Non-Player Retirement in 24/5/2017. If you remove that problem's solved. I had trouble with this too a while ago.

Fantastic! Thank you so much!

I have a couple very basic questions about adjusting league rules. First, is it possible to delete rules from an established league that have not been added through the editor. I want to get rid of the home-grown players in match squad rule from League 2, League 1, and the Championship in order to do a RTG style save with the best regen youth players at the start of the game. Second, if it is possible how do I do it? I know it has something to do with converting to advanced rules, but I can't figure out how to do that. I have League 2 loaded, but the option to convert to advanced rules is greyed out. Do I need to create a duplicate league first? This is my first time using the editor, so please forgive my general ignorance of its basic mechanics.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Matt1887:

Hey

What do I put in the lnc file when I want to change the 6 letter name for a club?

"CLUB_6LETTERS_CHANGE" or "CLUB_6_LETTERS_CHANGE" or how?

Thanks

I don't know if 6 letter change is supported, I did always only change short and long name with a lnc file.

Am 6.12.2017 um 16:27 schrieb Church On A Hill:

I have a couple very basic questions about adjusting league rules. First, is it possible to delete rules from an established league that have not been added through the editor. I want to get rid of the home-grown players in match squad rule from League 2, League 1, and the Championship in order to do a RTG style save with the best regen youth players at the start of the game. Second, if it is possible how do I do it? I know it has something to do with converting to advanced rules, but I can't figure out how to do that. I have League 2 loaded, but the option to convert to advanced rules is greyed out. Do I need to create a duplicate league first? This is my first time using the editor, so please forgive my general ignorance of its basic mechanics.

Load this basic comp file for England (import) and convert it to the advanced rules. Now you can edit everything you want.

eng.xml

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

I don't know if 6 letter change is supported, I did always only change short and long name with a lnc file.

In the guide it only has long and short names, so thought I'd ask here on the off-chance. Looks like changing the 6 letter name in a Save isn't supported at all :(

Unless anybody else knows?

Btw @KUBI - remember that problem I had from a few weeks back? That I couldn't change team names etc before a new game on FM17 with the editor and you recommended a lnc file?

Well it turns out that I had previously downloaded and installed a "real names" lnc file, which I thought was only for the league & competitions, but the guy who made it went through and unnecessarily changed all the team names too. I only figured it out hours before my wife surprised me with a digital version of FM18 :D ...so all that time pestering you for help was for, well, nothing :D Thanks anyway though ;)

Edited by Matt1887

Is there an easy way to transfer competitions from one DB to another? I want to use a Level 9 database in England but it doesn't have the Level 7/8 League Cups whereas there is another database that does? Is there an easy way for me to export the competitions over to the other database?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Wavelberry:

Is there an easy way to transfer competitions from one DB to another? I want to use a Level 9 database in England but it doesn't have the Level 7/8 League Cups whereas there is another database that does? Is there an easy way for me to export the competitions over to the other database?

You can only load in the database changes not the competitions a such. Which means you could merge the new competitions added in one db, but you would need to setup the rules.

(I hope these count as simple questions)

I'm about to start rebuilding the football world - including continental and international competitions - how do I make competitions such as the World Cup and the Champions League choose their host nations/stadiums in the same way as irl? Also, how do I make it so that host nations who qualify automatically for international competitions don't have to play in the qualifying competitions? (or, if it's possible, how could I have them play in qualifying anyway but make sure that the game knows not to qualify them twice and who to qualify instead?)

I'm fairly experienced with advanced editing but I've not done much with continental rules and I've never worked with international competitions at all before. I'd appreciate any guidance and if someone knows of a file I could download where such settings have been used I'd be grateful for a link - I've always learned editor stuff best by looking through files that others have created; it gives me a starting point for my own trial and error.

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Edit staff details ---> staff roles

Hi Kubi

Already tried that. Changing a Fitness Coach (was 17, changed to 1) to a Sports Scientist (was 1, changed to 20) but he still appears as a Fitness Coach

vor 3 Minuten schrieb diddydaddydoddy:

Hi Kubi

Already tried that. Changing a Fitness Coach (was 17, changed to 1) to a Sports Scientist (was 1, changed to 20) but he still appears as a Fitness Coach

I tried it with a free agent and it works. Are you trying it with a contracted staff member? Maybe you need to terminate the contract first?

Yep with contracted staff. There's always the danger that once you terminate their contract they then won't want to re-join. Or you can't afford their new contract demands etc. Seems such a simple request yet I can't work it out.

Also part of the reason is if I want to control the Reserve or u19 teams that have their own managers, but want to retain those managers as coaches.

vor 1 Minute schrieb diddydaddydoddy:

Yep with contracted staff. There's always the danger that once you terminate their contract they then won't want to re-join. Or you can't afford their new contract demands etc. Seems such a simple request yet I can't work it out.

Also part of the reason is if I want to control the Reserve or u19 teams that have their own managers, but want to retain those managers as coaches.

You can add him as staff member with the IGE. (Move to my club).

vor 1 Minute schrieb mentese:

Can anyone help me how to verify my editor data manuelly? I mean how to do it in text?

I think if you export your file as xml and after that re-importing it, you can't verify it anymore, but it works in the game. 

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

I think if you export your file as xml and after that re-importing it, you can't verify it anymore, but it works in the game. 

I mean like hacking the text data with writing under every competition verified...! I was able to do that last years but i forget how to do it now:P

what am I doing wrong? I make the changes, test the leagues, save the leagues but still there is no transfer embargo in the game. I see that there is some problem, because the nation is missing in the second screenshot. What do I need to do?

U-eXuzjf.jpeg

Football Manager 2018_ Application Main Menu.png

1 hour ago, dioniz said:

what am I doing wrong? I make the changes, test the leagues, save the leagues but still there is no transfer embargo in the game. I see that there is some problem, because the nation is missing in the second screenshot. What do I need to do?

U-eXuzjf.jpeg

Football Manager 2018_ Application Main Menu.png

nothing. nation is here only when you add nation rules

vor 1 Stunde schrieb dioniz:

Did you try it with different dates? 1. June or 2016 instead of 2017?

Hi,

I’m making a bene liga. I have 5 levels and everything is working correctly. The only problem is that all the league and cup games are played at the same time. I want them to spread the games out over the weekend and for cups Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday. I have set preferred match times, but that doesn’t seem to solve the problem. Does anyone know how to force different match times?

vor 48 Minuten schrieb Wazakii:

Hi,

I’m making a bene liga. I have 5 levels and everything is working correctly. The only problem is that all the league and cup games are played at the same time. I want them to spread the games out over the weekend and for cups Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday. I have set preferred match times, but that doesn’t seem to solve the problem. Does anyone know how to force different match times?

You need to set offset dates, it is explained in this thread:  (Alternative you can also use move matches for tv)

Couple of simple (?) questions:

1) Is it possible to schedule two matches in one stadium same day? I'm trying to schedule Finnish Region's cup final and Finnish cup final for same date and stadium, but the game always puts the Region's cup for previous day. IRL they are played 12.00 and 17.00 in the same stadium. Not a big problem but...

EDIT: I did it again exactly like described below and now it works fine. I must have misclicked something at first try.

2) I am trying to add Finnish cup qualifying rounds to the game. The idea is that in the group stage there are 30 teams: 12 previous season league teams, 10 previous season first division teams and 8 qualified teams. I have added 'Real life teams' so the first season runs ok. But for the second season the game doesn't find first division teams. What I have done: In the league I put Stages-League settings-League fate actions-Qualify team for competition (Using positions),Finnish cup,0,11,Hidden (0 and 11 are top and bottom positions). The first division is exactly same but the positions are 0 and 9. And in the Finnish cup is Stages-Teams- Get qualified teams for comp and Get best teams in competition, Finnish cup qualifying... For some reason it doesn't find first division teams. What am I doing wrong? And it must be previous seasons teams so I can't use Get all teams from division.

Edited by Zaharra

On 12/17/2017 at 17:04, KUBI said:

You need to set offset dates, it is explained in this thread:  (Alternative you can also use move matches for tv)

Thanks it worked 🙏🏽. Altough I now have another question. The first four rounds of my cup don’t include all games on tv. I only want the top teams or big matches to be televised, but when I set up tv fixtures I can’t seem to find which of the options does this, for example big cup matches. I did this and tested it but still no games are televised. Which one do I need to select to make this work?