Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

have just played my first competitive game as york city away to tranmere, lost 2-1, missed a penalty, had a my captain sent off in the 39th minute but dominated the match, only to concede in the 82nd minute. Absolutely loving the game, the match engine feels a lot more immersive than last year, the animations are so much better and more realistic. :) the scouting is much better, while it is harder work it is more realistic, i shouldn't know about every player if i am in league 2, must have spent 3 hours just scouting :) Definitely worth the money thank you again SI for another cracking game.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what are people's overall impressions? Is FM15 a worthy purchase? I'm a bit concerned because the UI changes look iffy to me and I've never seen an iteration of FM so many mediocre reviews before.

My personal take is that the UI is better this year in terms of functionality. I at least think it is way faster to navigate and find stuff after getting used to it. How aesthetically pleasing it is up to you to decide. The only thing that to me is definitely worse than previous year is the tactic screen but I assume you've already read that from countless others.

As far as match engine goes, aesthetically it is the best one by far. I won't comment on the balance just yet, beta was quite terrible with awful defenders, goalkeepers and crosses being far too good and those 3 combined lead to ridiculous high scoring games. I haven't had the time to play the full release ME but seeing from comments it seems like a lot of the problem that were in beta are still there.

have just played my first competitive game as york city away to tranmere, lost 2-1, missed a penalty, had a my captain sent off in the 39th minute but dominated the match, only to concede in the 82nd minute. Absolutely loving the game, the match engine feels a lot more immersive than last year, the animations are so much better and more realistic. :) the scouting is much better, while it is harder work it is more realistic, i shouldn't know about every player if i am in league 2, must have spent 3 hours just scouting :) Definitely worth the money thank you again SI for another cracking game.

I honestly can't tell if this is genuine praise or some next level sarcasm.

I hear all the folks saying injuries are not an issue. All I know is that nearing the end of pre-season, 9 of the 21 players in my squad are out injured. Been playing since CM 3, so hardly a newbie at this.

Are the AI teams suffering too? All I can say is that it is something you're doing. :(

So what are people's overall impressions? Is FM15 a worthy purchase? I'm a bit concerned because the UI changes look iffy to me and I've never seen an iteration of FM so many mediocre reviews before.

I'd probably say it's somewhere between 8-9.5/10 for me. This year seems different to the last two, previously it felt to me like the ME just didn't work or function correctly, whereas this one feels perfect you just have the occasional goalkeeping error which I can easily live with until they fix it, so far it's only happened in about 3 out of the 10 games I've played of the full release.

The tactics screen isn't great, but unless you spend your whole time on it you don't really notice it, the only thing that annoys me is that the way it's designed plus the sidebar UI means there's little room for custom columns.

I like the sidebar though, its grown on me since day one, if there was an option to minimize it to icons (ignoring custom skins) then I think it'd make it pretty much perfect.

I just find this FM much more immersive than previous iterations, and the ME is brilliant aside from the occasional AI issue.

Too late for a suggestion?

Full screen windowed mode? I prefer full screen as it runs smoother than just windowed. As i have 2 monitors, when i use my second monitor the game minimises. Im pretty sure you used to have the option in there?

As far as I know, the only way to have a full-screen that does not minimise when out of focus is to have "borderless window" ... which would actually negate the performance benefit you're wanting.

Those managing part-time teams, do you think that it's very hard to get your team match fit?

Seems a lot harder than in previous FMs. The most match fit players I had all last season was probably 4 or 5. And now, ten friendlies in to a fifteen-friendly pre-season with a gap of three or four day between games, the only players above 70% match fitness are my keeper who always plays every minute and a guy I signed who was match fit when he came to me.

I hear all the folks saying injuries are not an issue. All I know is that nearing the end of pre-season, 9 of the 21 players in my squad are out injured. Been playing since CM 3, so hardly a newbie at this.

Notch the training down one once you pick up your first injury. Should prevent others from picking up knocks on the training ground.

Look forward to plAying but unfortunately I will be waiting until the final patch is released. Played the demo and there was various "little" things that seemed unpolished Like player interactions, team talks, And just the overall feel i get when plAying. Have always enjoyed playing FM however just not feeling it the past couple editions. Bring on march madness :) hopefully a few issues are polished out. But i just dont understand why the initial release is always so buggy. I appreciate the work SI put in, and i would understand a few smaller issues but ive never seen so many injuries and "major" bugs this early. However i am confident FM 15 will be the best FM ever released.

Probably not something that needs fixing, but I always appreciate when the opposition manager says "They're not as good as they think and next time we can beat them" after your team just stuffed them 5-0.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

okay, I give up..this is bugging the living crap out of me. When you have to active managers, how on earth do you switch between them? I have been looking for the past 20 mins and can't find it for the life of me. It was so simple to do in FM14 lol.

A genuine question from people who have bought the game and are playing it.

I played the demo and absolutely hated the Match Engine. Pretty much every goal (by me or the opposition, so its not limited to my tactics alone) was being scored in a similar way. Cross in from a corner, which is volleyed/headed by the striker/winger on the opposite flank. And half the times the GK makes the save only to let the rebound fall directly in the path of an opposition player, who then scores the goal. 90% of goals were coming in this fashion and the rest from corners. Its why the demo didn't convinve me to buy the game.

So I just needed to know, if there is still such an issue in the game or has it been corrected? Any views negative/positive on the match engine would be welcome and the more specific the better.

Not sure if this is the right place to post it but this has happened for three straight matches now - I've been going up against teams that are far superior to mine in the air so I've set the corner kicks to be short and in the wizard I always have a player offering the short option. Not a single time has my player (Gerrard, so no mug) taken it short. Is there something I'm missing here or could this be a possible bug?

Just quoting again because I now have a much larger sample size and it remains an issue.

I can't seem to load my edited database into the game. The 'editor files' option is greyed out :/

afsafaf.png

Just to note I had the same problem after changing my 'saving' location directory in 'Preferences' to a different directory than default. The database editor still saves to the default directory, but even if I copied the .fmf file from the default directory to the "editor data" directory in the new 'saving' location, 'Editor Data Files' was still greyed out. Once I changed the 'saving' location directory in 'Preferences' back to the default directory, it worked fine.

Crash dumps on a brand new laptop. I tried the suggestions kindly provided on other threads to no avail.

The final solution appears to run using an integrated graphics card. I'd rather delete FM15 and go back to FM14. Enjoy my $50.

There is no reason that the game shouldnt run, so post in here and get some help http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

Going out to buy fm15 this morning. Always buy the disc version as a matter of tradition. Reading through this forum I hope that I'm not dissopointed as many people are still reporting ridiculous high scoring games. For me this should've been fixed as a matter of urgency as having most games finish in the region of 5-1 etc is unrealistic and frustrating. Is there going to be a fix out today? I hope so!!!!. Please si don't make us wait till February to have a game that is enjoyable, playable and as realistic as possible for a game.

As for the rest of fm15 I enjoyed the demo, me looked good, ui took a little getting used too but most of it made sense, scouting good, just the high scoring that worries me along with amount of goals from crosses.

Stuck at 15.0.3

Got only 1 key. Steam says I already purchased the game.

Bought it from g2play.

Checked the caché several times. Every second time it downloads about 1MB, still nothing.

Contact your retailer, they may well need to send you a second code.

Going out to buy fm15 this morning. Always buy the disc version as a matter of tradition. Reading through this forum I hope that I'm not dissopointed as many people are still reporting ridiculous high scoring games. For me this should've been fixed as a matter of urgency as having most games finish in the region of 5-1 etc is unrealistic and frustrating. Is there going to be a fix out today? I hope so!!!!. Please si don't make us wait till February to have a game that is enjoyable, playable and as realistic as possible for a game.As for the rest of fm15 I enjoyed the demo, me looked good, ui took a little getting used too but most of it made sense, scouting good, just the high scoring that worries me along with amount of goals from crosses.
This. If it's not fixed its a total game breaker.

Very disappointing to still see the stupid amount of goals is an issue, as it has been in the previous few versions. For me totally sucks any pretence of realism and depth out of the game.

Problem is once the high scoring is sorted it usually has a knock on that means there are too few goals and your strikers can't hit a cows ass with a banjo!!!!! I'd probably prefer plenty of 5-4's!!!

As per Han Solo I will be getting the boxed version due to tradition later if I can find one but after reading a lot of the feedback stuff bar the obvious concerns about usual ME stuff I must say I am disappointed on the decision not to change the tactics screen to bring back the player roles on the formation screen. As well as the ease of tinkering using just that screen as in 14 I have looked on the tactics forum here and peoples screenshots looking for help are not as easy to follow due to the removal of the roles thus people now have to show both formation and roles either as a screenshot or write the roles down under the screenshot. A real backward step making things more complex IMO and a little aggrieved that it seems to be quite a gripe for many looking at the number of comments on feedback yet that feedback seems to have been overlooked.

Will obviously see how bad/good it is when I play the game myself.

I'm sorry but I can't play this game until it gets patched. The match engine is completely broken. Crosses and set pieces are overpowered to the point where not only is it unrealistic but it's impossible to enjoy. And no I'm not complaining because I'm losing. I just had a game where I was 4-0 up inside half an hour with all four of my goals coming from crosses. It's unplayable.

I'm sorry but I can't play this game until it gets patched. The match engine is completely broken. Crosses and set pieces are overpowered to the point where not only is it unrealistic but it's impossible to enjoy. And no I'm not complaining because I'm losing. I just had a game where I was 4-0 up inside half an hour with all four of my goals coming from crosses. It's unplayable.

Please create a bug report in the match engine forum, uploading the .pkm file for your match so this can be addressed from specific examples :) - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Please read this first: - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405098-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-issue

9PwkmPF.jpg

This is happening multiple times in every game.

FB moves centrally leaving an opposing wide player with 1/3 of the pitch to himself.

I have 4 at the back, not 3 as appears here.

The Centre Backs have a man each and the deep runner is being picked up by my DM, no real reason for my FB to be in that position.

9PwkmPF.jpg

FB moves centrally leaving an opposing wide player with 1/3 of the pitch to himself.

Yeah exactly and then it's impossible to defend against. Liverpool just thumped me 5-0 with all 5 goals from crosses to the near post.

9PwkmPF.jpg

Please create a bug report in the match engine forum, uploading the .pkm file for your match so this can be addressed from specific examples :) -http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...and-Team-Talks

Please read this first: - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...h-Engine-issue

Please create a bug report in the match engine forum, uploading the .pkm file for your match so this can be addressed from specific examples :) -http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...and-Team-Talks

Please read this first: - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...h-Engine-issue

Off to work, will do later :thup:

Love the game & the new feature where you can get coach badges great job SI those who are complaining remember all games that come out aren't perfect I'm sure once it's fixed will be one of the best FM games around

I cannot answer your question about the skin, but I can answer your first question.

We've made a lot of higher profile data changes since the beta thanks to all the feedback we have had. There are too many to list. It's always advised to start a new game and if you do want the most up to date data then you will have to start a new game.

Thank you this answers my question. As I now intend to start a brand new save when I get home from work, do I need to delete the beta version from steam i.e delete local content or is it as simple as just adding a new game? This is the first year I've ever played a beta version so not sure whether I need to delete it from my hard-drive before installing my boxed version

Thanks

Same could be said for you champ - do you choose to ignore the fact that others, not just myself have mentioned losing 10+ FRONT LINE players after 2-3 weeks of footy? I would actually like you to answer that. Then i'd like you to tell me if ANY of the current top clubs in the PL have 10+ FRONT LINE players out. Guys here at work are jamming FM15 right now, different save points, STILL seeing the injury BUG.

...not bagging the game, just stating there IS an issue. Some people are too quick to put on their riot sheilds and defend the game

Man Utd. Thats the simple answer to that question

Thank you this answers my question. As I now intend to start a brand new save when I get home from work, do I need to delete the beta version from steam i.e delete local content or is it as simple as just adding a new game? This is the first year I've ever played a beta version so not sure whether I need to delete it from my hard-drive before installing my boxed version

Thanks

No need to uninstall the beta as Steam will auto-update it to the full version when you connect.

ME still so broken, I'd say even more than it was in previous beta builds. Defenders are useless. I got best defensive pair in the league, but still I'm conceding 3-5 silly goals every match. And it's not about my tactics, like I'm playing very attacking football and getting caught on counter-attacks itc, no, 95% of goals it's a close range headers/tap-ins from set pieces/corners or wingers crosses. My defenders just don't know how to position/mark/cover/tackle, whatever the settings/instructions.

0tSpcU3l.pngg

OfS4Jm3l.png

I just started my second season after the update. Just look at the scorelines..

w3vxndp.png

This goal is so typical and very indicative of what I was talking about. Two of my players on the wing just keep following the opposite player, keeping their respectful distance (I'm laughing while typing this, seriously), not trying to tackle, not doing anything to prevent the obvious incoming cross. Both of my centre-backs, they had an advantage, but noo, they prefer to just stand there rising their arms trying to signalize the offside, instead of making an easy interception..

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kFn2VRkZ-2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this makes me very sad as i gave up on the beta because of it

Archived