Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's exactly the same for me as Mr U Rosler has posted.

Conceding way too many goals from crosses into my area. Fullbacks seem to leave huge spaces for opponents to run into.Really frustrating.

Schoolboy football, my 10 outfield players all chasing the ball.

I'm definitely going away now :-)

Playing with Newcastle. 2nd in the league.

Davide Santon, Tim Krul, Yohan Gouffran, Cheick Tiote are all big players for me, getting games week in week out, and playing well. Club is doing well.

All of them are demanding to leave.

Steven Taylor and Cheick Tiote are complaining about not getting first team football, despite playing nearly every game.

I've been playing this game for a long time. Everything is set up well. Training is right, tactics good, we're winning, morale is through the roof.

That being the case, why are half of my first team squad looking elsewhere or moaning about not playing when they're playing every game?

After reading some of the posts regarding 'too many goals' I have run a little test. Admittedly not the most reliable of tests but I thought I'd run it anyway.

I looked at the real life Premier League table today and there have been 280 goals scored so far this season. I added myself in as unemployed on FM15 and holidayed it to today's date within the game. The total number of goals scored in the Premier League within the game environment is 290 - so pretty accurate.

Seems fine to me! :thup:

After reading some of the posts regarding 'too many goals' I have run a little test. Admittedly not the most reliable of tests but I thought I'd run it anyway.

I looked at the real life Premier League table today and there have been 280 goals scored so far this season. I added myself in as unemployed on FM15 and holidayed it to today's date within the game. The total number of goals scored in the Premier League within the game environment is 290 - so pretty accurate.

In addition the points distribution is near enough exactly the same as in real life.

Seems fine to me! :thup:

As has been mentioned it's a bigger problem down in the lower leagues

yeah.....I like the white skin. Where is it?

Hi mate, here are a couple of the decent skins,

http://www.fmscout.com/a-scorpio-fm15-skin.html - Dark

http://www.fmscout.com/a-light-skin-fm15.html - Light

http://www.fmscout.com/a-helveticalite-light-skin-fm15.html - Not so good light but incase you were refering to this one i thought id show you it anyway :p

eGf8hzD.jpg

First attack on next game.

I will load PKM but i would be horrified if you weren't already aware of this issue.

i'll go away now......

That doesn't happy in my games, not even close :? Your team is positioned extremely narrow. Maybe there is an issue with that formation.. I assume it's a 4132 of some sort?

As has been mentioned it's a bigger problem down in the lower leagues

Interesting as I've just re-run the test and focused on the Vanarama North division.

Within the FM environment there have been 405 goals scored by today's date on holiday mode. In real life there have been 493 goals scored as of today.

Again, I see no issue, apart from maybe NOT ENOUGH goals scored :thup:

I have the exact same issue with fullbacks tucking in and leaving the wingers an insane amount of room. I've went into the player instructions and have them set to play wider or whatever the option is. It's helped a little but they still tuck in far too often

That doesn't happy in my games, not even close :? Your team is positioned extremely narrow. Maybe there is an issue with that formation.. I assume it's a 4132 of some sort?

It is indeed a 4132, not set to narrow or anything like that. Standard set up. It is inherently narrow in midfield but you still have a flat back 4 and it is specifically the behaviour of the Full Backs that seems strange.

I think the issue is game wide not formation specific although it probably shows up more on formations with only 1 player on each flank.

I have used this formation (amongst others) on every FM for as long as I can remember and never run into a problem like this.

9PwkmPF.jpg

This is happening multiple times in every game.

FB moves centrally leaving an opposing wide player with 1/3 of the pitch to himself.

I have 4 at the back, not 3 as appears here.

The Centre Backs have a man each and the deep runner is being picked up by my DM, no real reason for my FB to be in that position.

i had all 4 defenders chase the ball down a couple of times

It is indeed a 4132, not set to narrow or anything like that. Standard set up. It is inherently narrow in midfield but you still have a flat back 4 and it is specifically the behaviour of the Full Backs that seems strange.

I think the issue is game wide not formation specific although it probably shows up more on formations with only 1 player on each flank.

I have used this formation (amongst others) on every FM for as long as I can remember and never run into a problem like this.

I totally agree that it should not happen and it looks like a major flaw, but it's not a game wide issue as far as I can see.. I haven't seen it yet, and so far I've played 8 games on extended highlights. I just re-watched a game I played against a team that used a narrow 41311 and there was no signs of fullbacks tucking in like that. I will certainly look for it though.

Why does the ME feel completely different to that of the BETA, yes I expect changes but not a complete nerfing of your team.

This has happened the last two FMs, completely destroying tactics and ultimately ruining current games. Honestly, why I'm surprised is beyong me. It's the kind of stunt Miles and his team would pull.

Why does the ME feel completely different to that of the BETA, yes I expect changes but not a complete nerfing of your team.

This has happened the last two FMs, completely destroying tactics and ultimately ruining current games. Honestly, why I'm surprised is beyong me. It's the kind of stunt Miles and his team would pull.

Solid tactics don't get destroyed between versions.

Why start your serious save on the Beta? Playing the Beta is you playing being a tester for early access.

Play the game on the release day then go from there?

It's beyond me why people are surprised how these releases work by now as well. Blaming SI for you making the same choices every release and expecting different results is?

I like the new FM15, it's still raw, it takes a good few saves and patches for it to be as good as it's going to get (the same every version). I like the new UI, I like the new choices I have in setting up my game, I like the new database.

I could wait until March to buy the game, it will be cheaper, I am still enjoying my FM14 save, the game will be polished. I haven't waited until March because the pro's of buying now outweigh the cons for me. If not for you, then wait next year? Easy choice.

I'd argue against that blanket statement, but where would that get us?

Nowhere, and I'm glad to see people realising this isn't the thread for that particular discussion. We've gone round in those circles enough times.

I totally agree that it should not happen and it looks like a major flaw, but it's not a game wide issue as far as I can see.. I haven't seen it yet, and so far I've played 8 games on extended highlights. I just re-watched a game I played against a team that used a narrow 41311 and there was no signs of fullbacks tucking in like that. I will certainly look for it though.

For info, Mr U Rosler did the right thing (raised it in the Bugs Forum and didn't just moan in here) and SI have already acknowledged this as something they are working on :thup:

• Administrators
Seems to be an awful lot of kit clashes on the pitch screen. I'm Solihull currently and we play in yellow - nothing is being changed when coming up against other teams in yellow. Does not look good with 20 identical blokes.

Please ensure you report that here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/455-All-Other-Issues - ideally with a saved game and at least one pkm example of it occuring (QA will be able to advise full on what's needed and the process in which to upload your content). Thanks.

Only issue I'm having right now is streaming with Twitch only working while I'm on the preferences screen to turn the stream on, and that might be down to not having very good internet in the first place. Other than that, so far, so good! Personal gripes only really concerned the default skin and awful new club badges, but I've already added kitpacks/facepacks/logo packs to satisfy my OCD, now just hoping for a brighter skin, and even that's just down to personal preference, doesn't mean it's bad. :)

For info, Mr U Rosler did the right thing (raised it in the Bugs Forum and didn't just moan in here) and SI have already acknowledged this as something they are working on :thup:

I know, I saw the post :) Just wondering why I'm not seeing it, and thus suggesting that it might be a formation specific thing.

I have my WB's set as support ( used to have them on attack but they left too mauch space behind ) individual calls are run wide with ball, stay wide, short pass and close down more and I have no problems with them covering wingers. If you have a good DM he should shuffle over to cover for one of them if and when they go forward, I have seen this happen many times in game, as others may say, look at your tactics.

Liking the full realease so far, it seems to be a more polished version of the BETA, less goals from wide crosses etc and it seems more build up through passin moves, only really just started from midnight but so far good. :thup::D

I know, I saw the post :) Just wondering why I'm not seeing it, and thus suggesting that it might be a formation specific thing.

Bare in mind i'm playing West Brom, so i'll be in defensive situations a lot more than those of you playing Man U, Chelsea, Barcelona etc. I could understand why you wouldn't notice it.

Its been acknowledged by SI, i'll be uploading PKM's later i'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it.

The problem with injuries is not the amount of them, but it's the consistency. Maybe that's why SI says that statistically there's nothing wrong. Example: First game after I upgraded to the full version: All three Center Backs get injured in one game. Out for 4-6 weeks. Next game, my keeper gets injured. Out for 7 weeks. Then no major injuries for a while, but a lot of occasional "out for severeal days" injuries, so that I have the feeling that half my squad might be injured. Once all my players are back, I think that for once I can play with the best squad. Next 2 weeks. 3-4 major injuries again. It's like the game says that a certain amount of players has to be injured in order to make it realistic. This happens in a very short period of time, hence the impression that there are too many injuries. And if you're unlucky it might be the same players, even if they are not injury prone. And before anyone claims it might have to do with training: come on, the training part is not that big of a mystery, is it? There are a lot of FM veterans here who seem to have problems with injuries, I think they are aware of how long the players should be on the pitch and how high the intensity of training should be.

Archived