Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

This was reported before, I believe, but I'm also getting the flashing commentary bar after making tactical changes. Moreover, the 'player star is falsely brown despite positioning him correctly' bug from the beta still exists.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahh. But if you're managing say Bradford in League One then the whole league HAS to run on full detail.

True dat. Still it's a good indication! Also I might add that I find it a bit funny that people complain about their scorelines but the ones that actually showed us, don't really have an issue. Well except that 14-1 game. :p

Consider im Athlone Town, a team who irl just got relegated. And im battering some of the best teams in the league.

So post in the bugs forum with details of what you've done by way of transfers etc since you started and upload your save game so they can analyse it because your game bucks the trend as shown in the thread where people are posting their scores.

How is 6+ goals every game not an issue. Thats aload of rubbish

Your scorelines indicate an issue indeed. I see you're playing Irish Premier Division which is considered somewhat low-level. The issue lies there probably then. I'd like more samples though!

I think it's more the time those goals were scored! :D

Still, it's a tactical issue.

I agree that it's the time of those goals. Have seen it several times now and read about it in a german message board. If the AI is behind, the last 10 minutes they play attacking football (overload) and they score a ridiculous amount of goals in a very short time. It's too easy for them to score, even **** teams manage to bag 2-3 goals in against top opposition.

I agree that it's the time of those goals. Have seen it several times now and read about it in a german message board. If the AI is behind, the last 10 minutes they play attacking football (overload) and they score a ridiculous amount of goals in a very short time. It's too easy for them to score, even **** teams manage to bag 2-3 goals in against top opposition.

Unless the poster on that German Message Board is an SI Match Engine coder, then their assertion that the AI always plays on Overload if trailing in the last 10 minutes is plucked from thin air :)

Not to sidetrack too much from the feedback discussion but on the nation youth rating comments, that field is largely meant to indicate a theoretical best possible outcome for a given country, and it's undeniable that the likes of Russia and Japan have sufficient resources both in terms of population and economical strength (at least in football terms) to have an optimistic future. A combination of items are ultimately used to govern how productive they end up being though.

well China have resources both in terms of population (hell yeah) and economical strength, yet i dont see them in top of youth rating. Jordan over Poland? well i dont know economical status of Jordan but in terms of population Poland is like 6 times bigger.

It's simple then, isn't it? You "know" they're going to go overload, so get more men back and counter attack them.

I have to say my experience of FM15 is mostly positive. The ME seems more sophisticated and play usually more intelligent. My full backs behave themselves, no excess of goals from crosses, and scorelines are plausible. I like the sidebar, and have even got used to the tactics screen. Getting training and fitness right is harder but more immersive. So maybe I have been lucky, or is it that I have realistic expectations of a game?

There are some things that are so far from reality though: Why do players take throw-ins from where the ball goes out, and why no spitting when you concede a free kick? The big game breaker though is the absence of vanishing spray!!

I installed the FM15 pre-game editor, and it can be launched normally from Steam. The desktop shortcut however has the planet earth as its icon, and when I click it, it prompts this message: "Problem with Shortcut. The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid. Go to the Internet Shortcut property sheet and make sure the target is correct."

At least two injuries in EVERY match!!!

after 1 match or over the whole season? This why [people respond cheekily to posts like this as you need to give more detail. Which squad, how many players, how many matches you have played, how many seasons etc It has more meaning. A save and a bug on the bugs forum may help

I installed the FM15 pre-game editor, and it can be launched normally from Steam. The desktop shortcut however has the planet earth as its icon, and when I click it, it prompts this message: "Problem with Shortcut. The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid. Go to the Internet Shortcut property sheet and make sure the target is correct."

Delete it and create a new shortcut?

Your scorelines indicate an issue indeed. I see you're playing Irish Premier Division which is considered somewhat low-level. The issue lies there probably then. I'd like more samples though!

Like a few pages of the whole league results?

Like a few pages of the whole league results?

Hehe or from other users in the same level. The point is it just might be his tactics that are making the games so open. Another person that posted in that topic and is playing in Conference didn't have so extreme scorelines for example :)

Okay problem: I just sacked my director of football because he was, well, not so good. So I put out an advert, but apparently I can't afford a new one, as they all ask for far too big wages. Help? :s

EDIT: Never mind, staff search helped. Had a bit of a panick attack there :D

And reloading the skin (with skin cache unticked) doesn't work?

Hmm only thing i can suggest is start a new game again and see if it turns up in a new game?

Nope and new game didn't work either

Getting a new error when I go on Downloads now though

"An error occurred requesting the virtual balance.

Error code 1"

Nope and new game didn't work either

Getting a new error when I go on Downloads now though

"An error occurred requesting the virtual balance.

Error code 1"

Hmm other than posting this in the bug section so the team can get a look at it quicker, all I can suggest is that you verify the game cache and check if that helps..

I have had to sign up to the SI forum just to raise a few issues.

I have been playing the beta version and now onto the full game, and the full game is almost becoming a joke to play.

So with the last update on the beta, i felt they had almost got the correct, Most things seemed to work out and play out as they should seeing as this is meant to be as close to real life as possible.

But now with the full release im finding more and more "Issues"

1. My team, Real madrid, was playing really well. I'd lose the odd game but play as top class players should play. With beta update 3 i even had a 10 game winning streak, Since Full release i've won 2 games in 10, lost to very poor teams. My Keeper is a joke and seems to prefer to try and kick the ball and not catch it.

2. I have the Dreaded "super keeper" to deal with.

3. Free kicks hit the wall more than anything

4. I tried to buy hazard. I offered £101m and even offered that all up front. It was rejected. Thats a WORLD RECORED FEE. Being a real life game im sure it should have been accepted. £60m for Eriksen of tottenham, rejected.

5. 2 footed challenges on my players, mainly from behind go unpunished by the ref.

6. Im unable to import tactics.

7. My 3 tactics that i was rotating and doing ok with, no longer work. The opp goes past my defenders like they are not even there.

8. Raheem Stirling has pace/acc of 19. yet does not fly past aging defenders they in fact keep up with him.

Please go back to beta with update 3 and use that match engine!! Im close to turning this game off and talking to the Mrs until an update comes out. (i bought FM so i dont have to talk to her :p )

One thing I have noticed about injuries in this version is they seem to be more reactive to what you do on the training pitch and in-game. SI have said injuries haven't been touched, but as someone who rarely gets injuries, I did a couple of tests on training and how I set the team to play in matches. And there is a direct correlation between them. If you're playing a fast, highly charged pressing game, for example, unless your players are super fit, you can't really go at it for 90 mins and not expect an injury or two, or at least the condition of your players to drop to around 50-60%. Similarly, if your training is set too high in periods where you have multiple games in a short period (the lower English leagues for example), then this can also cause issues.

In previous FM's, it was the done thing to set your training in pre-season to intensely high levels right off the bat, and this rarely had any adverse effect. Now, depending on the player's condition, rushing them back to a heavy pre-season schedule can cause issues.

Basically you've just got to be sensible about it. Keep your players in as good condition as possible. Rotate heavily if your style of play is an overly physical one, or if you haven't got the personnel, adjust your tactics to a more balanced style, with less pressing. You'll definitely see a noticeable drop in the injuries you get.

FUij8ub.jpg

Nono, there is NO injury problems in this game... this is before the season starts and everyone apart fom Monreal is out for more than 1 month

Yea but Walcott, Ospina and Diaby start the game injured. So thats only 5 injuries you have. Man Utd have more than 5 first team players out injured currently.

Nono, there is NO injury problems in this game... this is before the season starts and everyone apart fom Monreal is out for more than 1 month

So you have 8 injuries. At the moment in Germany Augsburg, Bayern, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Hannover, Hertha, Mainz, Schalke and Wolfsburg have 7 or more injuries. That would be 9 out of 18 teams. And just look at the pre-season injuries of Bayern, Dortmung and Schalke. So nothing out of order for me here.

I would say in real life there are more injuries then in FM (most are short term though).

Yea but Walcott, Ospina and Diaby start the game injured. So thats only 4 injuries you have.

Yeah I honestly forgot that... But still 4 players injured on pre season, every one i practice, everyone apart from monreal with serious injury + 1 new after I took this screenshot. And on the beta I normally got 1 injury every 1-2-3 matches(thets beta, so I dont judgde that yet before I get to games on full version) Then I have to say it seems little bit much.

Dont misunderstand me, Im not saying it is stupid etc. Arsenal should have many injuryes like IRL. But when everytime I get an injury it is long term and little to many...

Hmm other than posting this in the bug section so the team can get a look at it quicker, all I can suggest is that you verify the game cache and check if that helps..

I would try a windows lo goff and windows logon. The in Steam on game right click, properties, verify game cache. May need one more windows log off then try to start game

Just doing my 'meet the media' press conference, and the answers aren't fitting into the boxes there, so I have to hover over them to see the full response. Should this be the case? There's plenty of space there if the boxes were bigger.

Archived