FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One possible bug is motivation during game. Ive noticed when monitoring motivation widget my players are either neutral (composed) or negative (nervous etc.). This is regardless of situation. Worse is after a motivating team talk at half time with all positive responses.

Curiously however the AI always have a couple of motivated players even when im all over them.

Dont know if its just me or if its a bug???

So far I'm finding it ok. There are a couple of things that seem to stand out negativley;

Firstly I am creating a lot of chances through headed opportunities which are just softly going straight at the keeper, not sure if that is because this type of chance is happening too many times.

And secondly I had negotiated a transfer deal for my CB to go to Benfica but only at the end of the portugese season, only to finalise the offer and have him leave straight away.

in the ME - I am finding that some players, maybe defending come into this - but players lose track of balls out of the blue and walk away from it in some occasion causing other team to take advantage and sometime to score from them which is frustrating. Does anyone else have this?

After playing a couple games post patch i've noticed the following which may or may not be bugs:

1) Every headed effort at goal is a looping header. Not once have I seen a powered header that has a downward tragectory. In my last match my CB hit the bar from 3 yards with a looped headed, got to the rebound and then proceeded to once again hit the bar, this time from basically on the line.

2) When defenders head a corner or long throw clear and it heads backs to the taker, he frequently seems to ignore the ball and let it run out for a throw-in rather than keeping the pressure up and putting the ball back into the box.

3) Players still seem to be slide tackling no one and losing the ball. I just scored a goal from this. Bolton have throw in their own half. Throw it back to CB who is getting chased down by my ST. CB slides the ball for no reason (the commentary says he did well to tackle my ST but my ST never had the ball). Whilst CB is prone my ST is left with a nice one on one and scores. Would have driven me insane if it was the other way round.

Seeing some silly things now...

On the left wing, my player lobs a curling cross (it's a crap one) that goes outside of the box to the central midfield area where my DL is lurking in prime position to volley it in. Obviously he's over-curled it and the balls going away from him. The ball will eventually end up at the right-wing halfway line...

Not really an issue right? Except EVERYONE (bar the strikers) on the opposition is packed in their box. The ball proceeds to 'evade' the DL and the better placed MC with the DL running after it until it hits the halfway line and the opposition 'break' and pick it up, then he sods off back to his DL position and we get hit on the counter. All the while the DR happily watches this before going 'oops'.

It looks like there is no territorial awareness... I don't like seeing things like that, luckily they didn't score but if they had I can imagine people would flip. O_o

EDIT: Seen another one but not so severe, it looks like if a pass is made for an intended person and the pass is overhit, the ME drags the intended target after the ball but ignores anything better suited to pick up or 'recover' the possession. Had a pass to a striker where he was struggling to get it (he eventually did) but the MR was in a much better position to take the ball.

I am playing lower league so that may be a factor.

Goals being scored against me since the patch are a bit nuts, I had 1 goal against me were the ball was played down the left hand side and I had a player tracking back with the attacking player, I could not believe my eyes when my player just ran away from the player and moved into the centre, he just left the player to chase the ball all by himself, it was quite unbelievable to see, I will upload it later.

I dont think this is because of the level you are playing in because this just happened to me and im playing with Barcelona. Exactly the same you are describing. Tho its not something new, this kind of things are happening in all the last games. Im sure they are aware of it, i hope they can make it better, tho for me is far more important the awful shots im seeing from completely unmark players, but probably they know about that too and we ll get it fix for the game release

Board expectation start of season to reach play-offs

Feb 1st - 3rd place and just lost in QF of FA Trophy and board confidence is still only "satisfied"

Really think the board confidence/job security is a little off

STILL no scout reports after there were over 1600 in the pre-update game

Can't find where to ask my assistant for loan recommendations - not where it was in FM13 (Backroom Advice)

I am playing lower league so that may be a factor.

The mistakes being made by my defense is quite unbelievable, I am seeing sliding tackles but mostly in midfield, the ones I do see in defense end up with the ball going to the attacking side.

Goals being scored against me since the patch are a bit nuts, I had 1 goal against me were the ball was played down the left hand side and I had a player tracking back with the attacking player, I could not believe my eyes when my player just ran away from the player and moved into the centre, he just left the player to chase the ball all by himself, it was quite unbelievable to see, I will upload it later.

It just not feel like the same save anymore, from a team that was winning, I have even said in this forum, winning maybe too easy, we are now a team that would struggle to even finish above the relegation.

Was he a Central Defender?

this video shows 3 things i think are wrong with the game: The score (6-6), the shooting and game not being able to change which player is tracking the ball

Sorry about the quality, but for the love of me i was not able to log in to youtube in FM, so i had to export the video first.

I don't know if you think you have fixed the squad sorting issue, but while it now seems to work for your own team it still resets to sorting by "Pkd" on all other teams when you are in General Info-view. It is very annoying.

Would you report this in the GUI section of the bugs forum please, ta.

this video shows 3 things i think are wrong with the game: The score (6-6), the shooting and game not being able to change which player is tracking the ball

Sorry about the quality, but for the love of me i was not able to log in to youtube in FM, so i had to export the video first.

Can't even be certain if that was made pre or post the last update and it certainly isn't conclusive evidence of anything much.

YouTube videos are hopeless for diagnostics anyway, it needs match PKMs.

I'm certainly seeing lower scores since the update, player/ball tracking does still need work I agree.

I know that bug will be fixed before release as I reported it myself.

Having the same thing as daylight. I'm averaging less shots on goal than I was averaging CCCs in the initial beta. Racking my brains to try and figure out what I was exploiting that badly.

Defenders were standing off or just plain refusing to tackle before the update, they've improved.

Manuel pelligrini just finished 5th at the end of the premier league season and he was sacked.

However city were in the f.a cup & champions league final both still yet to be played which his assistant went on to win the first and the Newley appointed Jurgen Klopp won the champions league 3 days into his new job.

Is this a known issue or do I need to upload this?

I know in 13 some managers left jobs but I don't remember them being sacked before the CL final!?

Manuel pelligrini just finished 5th at the end of the premier league season and he was sacked.

However city were in the f.a cup & champions league final both still yet to be played which his assistant went on to win the first and the Newley appointed Jurgen Klopp won the champions league 3 days into his new job.

Is this a known issue or do I need to upload this?

I know in 13 some managers left jobs but I don't remember them being sacked before the CL final!?

I'd report it in the bugs forum with an upload. I'm pretty certain they'll be very interested in this.

Can't even be certain if that was made pre or post the last update and it certainly isn't conclusive evidence of anything much.

YouTube videos are hopeless for diagnostics anyway, it needs match PKMs.

I'm certainly seeing lower scores since the update, player/ball tracking does still need work I agree.

Well, i could send the pkm, im still playing that save, tho i dont know if it would help as wwfan just said he reported that bug himself

From what I'm seeing so far, the match rating issue is cutting both ways: not only are defenders receiving overly high match ratings, attackers are receiving overly low ratings. I've seen attackers have what were otherwise great matches (say four key passes and one or two assists) get sub-7 ratings. The match ratings in FM13 generally felt spot-on (though FBs did get slightly overrated) so I hope this is fixed for the main release.

I know almost everyone is saying that they are getting less goals. In my case is the opposite. Two other saves where i didnt saw consistantely games with a lot of goals, and now i just started a new save with the beta patch, goals are flying everywhere. It could just be luck, i dunno.

em6z.png

Hi, I want to ask about few things..

1. Why is the team I'm managing is not highlighted when viewing league table/fixtures/draw etc.? Need to tick something in preference?

2. What is "between highlights" in the match settings tab? I always wonder but never understood what its actually is.

3. I selected "disable first transfer budget" when started new game and i cant sign free players or agree pre-contract with some. Is it bug or is intended that way until January window?

Thanx in advance..cheers

Three saves. Valencia, Dundee Utd, and Tranmere Rov, None of whom are whipping boys. 4-1-4-1 formation with a eye towards defending downloaded from FMBASE that was well reviewed. I arranged friendlies against both strong and weak teams. The goals against were all players simply either yards away from where they should be, or simply running away from attackers dribbling with the ball. Now if there's a tactical instruction that tells a full back not to run towards the halfway line when the opposition winger is already behind them, I'll click that box.

If you are in simulation mode, how is your tactical familiarity?

It always starts low, and as you mention preseason, I'm guessing this has a bearing.

Downloading tactics is another issue.

You've taken someone else's tactic, which someone else made for a different squad of players, and have then used it on three different teams.

It is always easier to make your own tactic, because with someone else's you'll tend to sit back in your chain with your arms crossed, waiting for a result.

I dont understand how people can go crazy when there tactic turns to crap when the patch comes out. Why not obviously start from scratch and re-create the tactic, as obviously he weaknesses you 'exploited' before are now gone, and the players you control now

react in a way that you have more 'control' than you did before.

I hope SI release a semi patch-pre patch beat patch patch, just to smarten up the game before the final release

wishful thinking

anyways. Im enjoying my 2nd season league 1 2nd place portsmouth save in November. Loving it

SI release new patch and tactic wont work shocker! Hasn't it been like this for a gazillion years?! I love the carnage post patch posts :D

Tbh I don't see anyone going crazy, posters simply putting their feedback in that a lot has changed, I don't see anyone raging about it, myself included.

If you think me and the others are raging you have obviously not seen these boards when people are truly raging.

Something that may be highly relevant is the number of fixes made on AI Team Selection.

It was found that AI teams were regularly making very poor choices, playing people out of position, having poor role to player match ups, so they'd pick a player to play at FC when he would have been better as an AMR, whereas the selected AMR would be perfect at FC, and even leaving players more suited to roles on the bench or not in the squad. Likewise, they had too great a tendency to play very tired players when fully fit and good for the required role players were available.

A lot of work has gone into fixing this, which means AI teams will be somewhere between a little to significantly stronger as a result. I'd expect selection logic to be even better in the full game.

Thanks wwfan, this could be the case.

I will just strip my tactic down and rebuild it, I could have been exploiting the pre update beta build but it is very hard to see where, or it could as you say just be the AI making better choices, or indeed a mixture of both.

The update broke my Carlisle save :( I presume because they've made the assistant Kavanagh the manager, as in RL. I had the no taking over from an existing manager checked.

Before it died I was having similar issues with players making unreasonable contract demands, and as most of the team were on one year contracts it meant the save was probably only going to be good for one year anyway. Such are betas.

Tbh I don't see anyone going crazy, posters simply putting their feedback in that a lot has changed, I don't see anyone raging about it, myself included.

If you think me and the others are raging you have obviously not seen these boards when people are truly raging.

Wrong end of the stick fella, didnt mention rage posts and esp anyone in particular. I meant people should be use to getting a tactic breaking update and learn to live with it, its just what FM is about.

And yes i saw the full rage last year, it was disgraceful :)

Something that may be highly relevant is the number of fixes made on AI Team Selection.

It was found that AI teams were regularly making very poor choices, playing people out of position, having poor role to player match ups, so they'd pick a player to play at FC when he would have been better as an AMR, whereas the selected AMR would be perfect at FC, and even leaving players more suited to roles on the bench or not in the squad. Likewise, they had too great a tendency to play very tired players when fully fit and good for the required role players were available.

A lot of work has gone into fixing this, which means AI teams will be somewhere between a little to significantly stronger as a result. I'd expect selection logic to be even better in the full game.

Indeed, my own Ass Man if asked to pick will sometimes select players in the wrong position, eg I use an Engarche, he put in an MC out of position so only 1 star effectiveness, my usual 4 star AMC was played at 3.5 star SC where I had plenty of cover from equal 3.5 star SC's. All players on equal fitness/morale so no obvious reason. No biggie though, I just adjusted the selection & switched the chap concerned Would be nice if the Ass Man advised formation changes based on player availability, but I do like being spoon fed.

For comparison RE complaints of too many/too few goals since new patch I have PLD 11, Goals For 14, Against 12. Proves nothing but gives yet another figure for comparison.

Archived