FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

For comparison RE complaints of too many/too few goals since new patch I have PLD 11, Goals For 14, Against 12. Proves nothing but gives yet another figure for comparison.

What about your shots and CCC, are they high? Because i am managing to get low results, but just because strikers miss the chances. I have shots like 18-14 and CCC like 6-4 or so. To me it looks as if the lower scoring is just a result of bad finishing. Or do you have even lower shot stats and CCC´s in your games, maybe you could post some examples of them because im curious if there is a way to lower the amount of chances?

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about your shots and CCC, are they high? Because i am managing to get low results, but just because strikers miss the chances. I have shots like 18-14 and CCC like 6-4 or so. To me it looks as if the lower scoring is just a result of bad finishing. Or do you have even lower shot stats and CCC´s in your games, maybe you could post some examples of them because im curious if there is a way to lower the amount of chances?

To be honest I am not watching any kind of extended highlights, the only CCC I am likely to see is one that ends in a goal so am not able to comment constructively. Shots per game seems reasonable. My stats are purely for goals per game and I draw no conclusions, except to add that the net effect on a season of both beta versions is almost identical to my similar FM13 save, the only difference being the skewing effect of the top 2 teams running away with it and free scoring, including against me!. Up above someone complained of high scores (including a 6-6, which in theory is annoying) but the fixture list suggest these were Friendlies and I cannot take any useful data from my own Friendlies they are just not representative enough.

Hello,

It seems that my question was erased form the first beta feedback thread, if I am breaching any rules by asking these questions let me know and i will not ask again.

In La Liga, how do the B teams behave? Are there still independant from the A tealm or are treated as reserve teams like in Uk, france italy....?

Will I be able to:

Ask the b Team to use the A team tactic?

make players from the A team availalble to play for B team?

If these are not possible, will the editor alow us to change the rules of La Liga to make these settings possible?

Thank you :)

I know almost everyone is saying that they are getting less goals. In my case is the opposite. Two other saves where i didnt saw consistantely games with a lot of goals, and now i just started a new save with the beta patch, goals are flying everywhere. It could just be luck, i dunno.

em6z.png

Surely Friendlies? Not sure what can be constructively ascertained from such fixtures.

Early days, but the league table is worrying. Stoke top? Liverpool and City near the bottom. Crouch and Danny Graham are the top scorers in the Premier League btw.

u5x4.png

In my game Liverpool is 20th after ten games.. with three points.. Rodgers is still the manager :)

How do i delete my cache for Win8? Found guide for win 7 but not 8. Cheers

Im just guessing here but i think you want to delete the FM cache. Just go to preferences and search for clear cache or something like that.

Was going to reply to someone elses thread before it got closed regarding managerial changes and applying for new jobs (especially on Journeyman type saves).

Usually (if all goes to plan) I start as low as possible and achieve massive success with a club who've never experienced a remote bit of glory.

On FM12 Id quickly notice myself being linked with every club in the news screen when someones job is under threat or someones sacked. Id then act accordingly if I fancied the job and applied without the fear of being told to apologise or quit (which is highly unrealistic or annoying given the potential features that could be implemented here).

On FM13 however I virtually never got my name linked (infact im struggling to remember one instance) despite achieving the same success and more. Of course this always left me puzzled what to do. Often you'll get laughed off for applying for someone and then oddly offered the job in some cases lol! Being a journeyman save without knowing whether I stood a chance of being considered it made it tricky knowing what jobs to apply for. For example I just know as soon as I apply for another club ill get the annoying and unrealistic message from the board saying resign or apologise. Surely this could be expanded by now. If you apply for someone after achieving nothing or apply for a club no better than the club your at (or a rival) then fair enough you deserve that message. Different aspects could be looked at.

For example, imagine you got a league 1/2 side promoted to the championship etc....and applied for a newcastle or liverpool esque type. If that club was interested they could then request permission to speak to you regarding an interview etc....then even more avenues open up as your current club could refuse permission and you could either quit, talk to them about wanting to speak etc....very similar to how it works in real life. Very rare a manager applies for a job privately and then the application becomes public knowledge, the board go mad and the fans want your head....until you the manager go public.

The current system just seems minimal. You apply, 90% of the time get told to apologise or quit. Just seems a bit basic. A message gets put in news about hoping you'll stay. End of story. Just feel theres potential to make it really true to life and interesting.

Keep up the amazing work guys, Loving the look of some of the new features!

I must be invisible. Two, what I believe to be, relatively simple questions; still no answers.

Haven't got the motivation to trawl through here, so: does anyone know if the 'Swap Positions' bug has been fixed?
Anyone? Also, do you have to make a new save for the update to come into effect. I presume you do.

Anyone? Surely one of you moderators know the answer to the latter.

I'm enjoying FM14 more than any other FM since FM10 so far. Not having the sliders anymore seems to have transformed my tactics for the better. Not only are my teams winning they are now playing more to the style that I want them to play to (last few years I could win but without the style of play I wanted).

The only 2 minor things that irritate me at the moment are referee's in all pink kits in the Premier league and I don't know how to address the problem of "player is unhappy at the low level of training". Other than that everything is looking rosy so far from my perspective.

I experienced an issue selling as player where my Ass. Man agreed on behalf of the club. Player was transfer listed at £0 and i had offered to clubs but he wanted money to move which would have rejected but the assistant accepted for me.

All the transfer responsibilities are assigned to me.

not sure if this has been covered before.

Anyway keep up the good work guys i appreciate it!!

I must be invisible. Two, what I believe to be, relatively simple questions; still no answers.

Anyone? Surely one of you moderators know the answer to the latter.

Swap positions is still a work in progress.

You don't need to start a new save for the changes to take effect, but my personal preference is to start a new save to ensure no residual gremlins creep out.

Swap positions is still a work in progress.

You don't need to start a new save for the changes to take effect, but my personal preference is to start a new save to ensure no residual gremlins creep out.

Thank you. Shame that the Swap Positions bug hasn't been rectified yet, but I completely understand why it hasn't been yet. Hopefully it will have been before release.

- Widgets are still broken as well. How can it be broken in the first place? You fixed it in FM3 after endless months of sporadic patching.

- When doing team talks at half time there is no way to see my players position, in case I want to make a half time substitution, other than leaving the screen. Why is that?

- There seems to be no pop-up hint explaining what the shortened words mean in match statistic during a match. (

1) We're reviewing this issue very closely . The problem is what is causing them to misbehave is very low-level making it much more difficult to identify a fix. Everyone's continued patience concerning this issue will be much appreciated as we try our very best to identify the root cause of this problem.

2) There's no glanceable way to see your subs' positions but there's still the icon besides each player's name where you can see their position. In terms of data showing for each player, there simply isn't enough room to show players' position on minimum resolution but adding a dynamic position column when space permits is something we'll consider for the future.

3) This has been fixed since the pre-release update went out.

Hi, I want to ask about few things..

1. Why is the team I'm managing is not highlighted when viewing league table/fixtures/draw etc.? Need to tick something in preference?

2. What is "between highlights" in the match settings tab? I always wonder but never understood what its actually is.

Thanx in advance..cheers

1) No, we're investigating this. It is working here, but appears as though not consistently so.

2) It's the popup panel that appears in the middle of the screen between highlights of action. By default it shows your team's player ratings but can be changed via the top right menu.

I'd just like to reiterate what a few people have said here about defenders getting extremely high ratings, often in the 8s despite shipping in 4 goals.

On an unrelated note, is there a way I can turn off the player images similar to previous versions?

what match widgets still moving and not stable ????

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, we're looking at this issue very closely. Their stability is being compromised by non-obvious factors that has meant we've been unable to deliver a fix yet. But rest assured we're trying our best to get this sorted.

Yeah true, I've actually just checked my defenders stats and one fullback has an average of 14.78 tackles per game from 3 appearances, which seems a bit high. Now I don't know what to believe.

WhoScored? stats for current season:

n4w02t.png

The defender match ratings HAVE to be fixed ASAP. Just had a home game where my defense conceded 25 shots on goal (though none went in), most of them NOT long shots, and still they ALL (2CBs + 2 FBs) got a rating of 9.0+. The reason is obviously the high influence of won (key) tackles and won (key) headers (they all had 10+, the fullbacks even 20 for tackles). It is just too easy to get high ratings for defenders, as the rating only includes tackles, headers and interceptions. And as it is very easy for a tall defender to win every single header against non-Crouch-like strikers and most of the time they win the tackle too instead of being passed by by the striker, there you got the reason for the ratings. Defenders IRL are much more judged by how good they mark or how good their positioning is and in general how little chances are conceded.

Am I reading this right, fullback made 20 successful tackles???

Some new input regarding the match ratings:

It seems like the problem is the tackling statistic. You can see that by looking at any ball-winning midfielder (that is high tackling and aggressiveness, just look at the tackling per game statistic player overview for your league), they ALL have an average rating between 7.2 and 7.8, even if their team is bottom last and they can't do anything else than tackling. So maybe the match rating problem could already be solved by dramatically reducing the impact of won (key) tackles on the match rating? Defenders will still have an acceptable rating because they do a lot of tackles and win most of them, but they won't be world class anymore unless they intercept well, head well and pass well too.

Either that, or you have to dramatically reduce the amount of tackles...

Dramatically reducing the impact of won tackles on the match rating is definitely not the solution. SI need to finally improve defensive logic and movement which will allow them to reduce number of attempted and successful tackles. Such excessive tackling averages are utterly unrealistic and badly affect game flow and number of possessions per game + unrealistic success rates of tackles from behind and in penalty box reward certain defensive schemes and bad positioning.

If you're looking at a list of players using the search function, is there a way to prevent the list from going back to the top of the list instead of where you were to begin with? As it is now, I have to scroll back down every time.

If you are reading this and are someone who was having this issue with the pre-release beta but stopped experiencing it after yesterday's update, please let us know.

When I try to loan a player the confirm button is shaded out. Is this a bug, or am I not allowed to make an offer for a loan? I am Hampton and Richmond and in november 2014.

JoeNuttall_OvergangOvergangsbud_zpse812782e.png

Can you please post this issue on the UI bugs forum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/350-User-Interface)? We'll need your save too when you do in order to get to the bottom of this issue.

2 things I cannot find:

When customising team screens there seems to be no column for "days remaining on shortlist"

Cannot find how to compare 2 teams league positions in a single season as a graph.

I am sure both existed in previous FM's can anyone advise?

Thanks

1) It's under the "Scouting" menu and is called "Number of days left on this shortlist". This is the same as last version.

2) That's on the Club screen's Profile panel. You can get there by clicking on the drop arrow menu on the Menu Bar beside your club's name and select "Club Overview". You can't compare positions in a single season only though but over the last 20 years or so on a per-season basis.

When I go to the players individual focus screen and click on ask assistant to set their focus, it makes the whole players list disappear and become invisible other than the arrows that point up and down which signify the change/improvement in training aspect, until I press back and come back into the same screen.

Hmm, strange. I'm not seeing this problem myself, but noticed you're the second person on this thread to have mentioned this. We're looking into this further.

I've not updated to 14.0.3 yet, so not sure if it was supposed to have been fixed then, but since release I've noticed that my team doesn't get highlighted anywhere, particularly on fixtures and in tables. Quite annoying really.

Dramatically reducing the impact of won tackles on the match rating is definitely not the solution. SI need to finally improve defensive logic and movement which will allow them to reduce number of attempted and successful tackles. Such excessive tackling averages are utterly unrealistic and badly affect game flow and number of possessions per game + unrealistic success rates of tackles from behind and in penalty box reward certain defensive schemes and bad positioning.

Don't forget that you don't know for sure that you are comparing apples and apples.

I looked at the same source and whilst I haven't seen tackle counts like some have, there is a difference between FM and WhoScored, with FM being high.

However, we don't know for certain what FM counts as a tackle, and we don't know what WhoScored consider to be a tackle, nor do we know what external stat agency FM is balanced against.

The tackle count is high, but we can't give it context against a source which might be compiled on a completely different basis.

Player ratings are always the last thing to be addressed, so don't expect wonders in a Beta.

I am afraid that you are right about this, seeing that it got even worse than in FM. I already said two pages ago why I think player ratings are one of the most important part of the game. It is the only real link for the user to the actual football match experience. I can't fix my defense if the ratings suggest that my fullbacks had the game of their life with 20 won tackles while in reality they were constantly overrun (which is the times they didnt tackle because they had an awful positioning) and I conceded 4 goals through crosses. The ratings suggest that this was rather just bad luck or a just too strong opponent and there's no reason to change the player and/or the tactic. Of course, I could take just the fact that I conceded from crosses and change accordingly, but that's what the ratings are essential for: They should tell you if it was your player's fault or just bad luck where they defended excellently but the opponent was lucky to score.

This doesn't only apply to fullbacks but to every player who does a lot of tackles (like ballwinning midfielders). Just take a quick look at the players in your league who have the most tacklings per match (you will see they have 10+, while in non-detailed leagues the most is 6 or 7) and you will see they ALL have average ratings up to 7.9. Again, this just makes me think my central midfielder is world class while in reality he is awful in everything else than tackling. While my regista seems useless because he didnt tackle much (though he dictated tempo all the time and made 100 passes and was the pivot for my game), so too does my striker who held up a lot of balls and distributed them but didnt score and therefore get like 6.3 as the rating.

I reckon that it is hard to reduce the amount of tackles to match the maximum average of 6 as it has effects on the ME, but at least SI could for now reduce the impact of tackles on the match rating. Then make defenders lose some rating for every cross they permit that leads to a goal, for every player they didnt mark (but should have) that scores or shoots on goal. This should guarantee that a game where you conceded 20+ shots on goal your defenders won't have a rating of 8.0+ just because besides letting the opponent cross and / or shoot on goal all the time they did 20 tackles.

I can get used to a lot, but right now as it is I can't play this game as a football game where you can't make conclusions from the actual match is inacceptable...

My feedback so far (haven't read the thread so I don't know if anyone else has posted sorry).

1 - can my DOF / Head of Youth Dev. please handle all the loan requests for players in my U18s/21s?

2 - can I choose how regularly my scouts update me? At the moment, 90% of my news is scout updates with nothing new.

3 - my assistant's advice should stay on screen on mouseover

4 - my match overlay windows move randomly every match (and between halves) and 'Waiting for next highlight' doesn't default to my team

Players attribute screen doesn't seem to show the little coloured arrows for attribute development. Am playing FMC but assume is the same for both modes unless this is FMC skin specific.

Update: Arrows have reappeared, it coincided with me clearing the cache so draw your own conclusions from that

Don't forget that you don't know for sure that you are comparing apples and apples.

I looked at the same source and whilst I haven't seen tackle counts like some have, there is a difference between FM and WhoScored, with FM being high.

However, we don't know for certain what FM counts as a tackle, and we don't know what WhoScored consider to be a tackle, nor do we know what external stat agency FM is balanced against.

The tackle count is high, but we can't give it context against a source which might be compiled on a completely different basis.

whoscored? definitions:

Tackle

- Dispossessing an opponent, whether the tackling player comes away with the ball or not

Interception

- Preventing an opponent's pass from reaching their teammates

I don't know how SI define them. This made me think what is the use of the stat whose definition is unknown?

SI should include possession cycle count (and stat) in game as pace adjustment is kind of important when you analyses player stats, competition trends and so on. I asked SI staff last year how number of possessions in game compares to real life numbers but they just ignored it.

I've not updated to 14.0.3 yet, so not sure if it was supposed to have been fixed then, but since release I've noticed that my team doesn't get highlighted anywhere, particularly on fixtures and in tables. Quite annoying really.

Actually I noticed this myself too, No highlight on the fixture list or on the league table. I think it also happened when the draw for domestic cups happened.

As for the match day widget bug mine seems to stay in the places I have put them.

Are the wider masses that didnt pre-order gonna get to use beta before the release next week? It'd be good if you released it eg. tomorrow so you get extra heads testing the game and reporting bugs to be sorted before thursday

edit: I just saw an information that demo might be out today, so Id rephrase my question to- how is demo different from beta, or what are we actually getting by it? Is it the same patched version of beta with less leagues and limited playing time or what?

Archived