FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

• Administrators

So as before, there have been a fair number of changes to the pre-release beta, so please raise any feedback you have here.

Please do remember to keep everything as constructive as you can and remember if you have any issue, please do take the time to raise it in our BUGS FORUM.

You should now be on 14.0.3. If you're not, we'd suggest shutting down Steam and relaunching the game.

Many thanks.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thing: I'm really enjoying this version and love the game!

One little thing I noticed, but I'm at work now and can't check again... When changing the camera options, the tick seemed to stay on the previous option selection and not the current. I.E if I changed from TV to Touchline, it would still be ticked on TV next time I checked. However as I'm not able to check right now and it might have just been a one off blip.

This was on the previous release but I didn't see this get brought up, apologies if this has been sorted already.

WOW!!

Great work, can't wait to get home and give this a go

Any chance of a change list as mentioned above?

Yeah, a sort of changelist would be good. It would makes us better able to focus on the relevant things and make us able to give better feedback. For example, to avoid having us report things you're aware of, but aren't going to be changed until the full release.

Has the match engine been updated?

But nice work, SI. This is how it's supposed to be :)

Seems the biggest problem for me is either working as intended or has not been fixed.

Playing in the Skrill North and almost every player in the team has their contract coming to an end and there is no way I can offer them new contracts, 1 striker who is on 500 pounds a week is now asking for 2k a week, in the column on the right it states the he is "realistic about his wage demands and is willing to negotiate" hardly realistic to ask for 2k a week, even more so as he has hardly kicked a ball all season as he has been out injured long term.

With the finances set they way they are this year I can not offer a single player the wages he is on now, I could let maybe 6 or 7 go and try to sign the others on a new contract, that would mean only having about 12 players in my team, not worth risking promotion for that.

Not really much I can do than finish the season and win promotion, I would imagine a few of my players will sign pre-contracts elsewhere, or some will leave at the end of the season, I will just have to rebuild an entire new team for the new season.

Again if I do not gain promotion from the Skrill Premier I will have to rebuild again as players will for the most point only accept a 1 year contract.

• Administrators

Just a heads up, no need to start a new game and yes, there have been changes to the Match Engine.

We'll try and update a few threads if an issue has been fixed - but probably the best way to check is try in game. That way not only will you know whether it's fixed, you'll know for CERTAIN it's been fixed. And if not, you can let us know straight away.

Thanks.

• Administrators
Well it's got off to a good start... http://i.imgur.com/akHHVyg.png

Kit looks worse from the back than the front

But yeah, thanks for raising this. If you could upload a save game to pkm to our FTP and let us know (feel free to PM me) it'd be much appreciated. Details on how to do so here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363153

Kit looks worse from the back than the front

But yeah, thanks for raising this. If you could upload a save game to pkm to our FTP and let us know (feel free to PM me) it'd be much appreciated. Details on how to do so here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363153

No worries, The two shades of blue were actually very very different therefore not creating a problem. But I shall do anyway!

Seems the biggest problem for me is either working as intended or has not been fixed.

Playing in the Skrill North and almost every player in the team has their contract coming to an end and there is no way I can offer them new contracts, 1 striker who is on 500 pounds a week is now asking for 2k a week, in the column on the right it states the he is "realistic about his wage demands and is willing to negotiate" hardly realistic to ask for 2k a week, even more so as he has hardly kicked a ball all season as he has been out injured long term.

With the finances set they way they are this year I can not offer a single player the wages he is on now, I could let maybe 6 or 7 go and try to sign the others on a new contract, that would mean only having about 12 players in my team, not worth risking promotion for that.

Not really much I can do than finish the season and win promotion, I would imagine a few of my players will sign pre-contracts elsewhere, or some will leave at the end of the season, I will just have to rebuild an entire new team for the new season.

Again if I do not gain promotion from the Skrill Premier I will have to rebuild again as players will for the most point only accept a 1 year contract.

This.

Every player in lower leagues (Skrill North/South) wants to be key player with 2-3 times bigger wage than he is getting on his current contract. This makes financial aspect of lower leagues unsustainable...

Very nice I love the resize players and now the defence seems a lot better so is the tacling, keep working hard and this will be one of the best FM realise to date.

P.S. I see a lots of red card issued on the AI side.......

• SI Staff
This.

Every player in lower leagues (Skrill North/South) wants to be key player with 2-3 times bigger wage than he is getting on his current contract. This makes financial aspect of lower leagues unsustainable...

If you are having every single player asking for Key Player status and such an increase I would love to take a look at your save.

Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363153

Dundee Fc needs a wee update. Archie Knox is Head Scout now. Dundee also have new American owners, new chairman, CEO etc etc... We are building a new training ground for the youth and first team. We have a lot more money in the bank. The whole approach is to bring through young players. This is Dundee fc not Dundee utd.

Does anyone with a mac know how to make the screen of the game windowed so I can move it around and reposition it? I hate having such a big screen and when I try windowed it just seems to be a very similar version of full screen

Does the FM title bar show when you've changed it to windowed mode? That is the bar where you can minimise the game from. You should be able to resize by dragging inward any of the window's corners.

• Administrators
Dundee Fc needs a wee update. Archie Knox is Head Scout now. Dundee also have new American owners, new chairman, CEO etc etc... We are building a new training ground for the youth and first team. We have a lot more money in the bank. The whole approach is to bring through young players. This is Dundee fc not Dundee utd.

Unfortunately the database has been locked from the 10th October so this stuff may now have to wait until the January transfer update.

Unfortunately the database has been locked from the 10th October so this stuff may now have to wait until the January transfer update.

Aw no worries, Americans owners took over in August, but archie knox was the 2weeks ago. Don't worry, I'll add them in editor when that comes out :)

• Administrators
Lewandowski still to sign for Bayern in January 2014 in the update? That is a rumour and need to be fixed.

If you start a new game he should no longer have a pre-agreed move. Let us know if that's not the case (and make sure you're running 14.0.3). Thanks.

Odd thing I just won the Seria A title and "Antonio Conte say that I got chance to win this year" in the interview when I actually already won it.

PS I think is talking about next year not very clear on the Italian language.

PPS I love to see when a player is injured or cant play is now in red, make very nice and clean to see.

Well done so far SI

Archived