FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

Hi Neil, first team youngsters signing issue has not been fixed. My confidence bar is still close to 0 when I've signed like 10-15 youngsters and playing 4,5 of them regularly. This has been raised previously and Ben Kennedy in the Bugs Forum has acknowledged. Please check.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Hi Neil, first team youngsters signing issue has not been fixed. My confidence bar is still close to 0 when I've signed like 10-15 youngsters and playing 4,5 of them regularly. This has been raised previously and Ben Kennedy in the Bugs Forum has acknowledged. Please check.

Okay thanks, as you've said Ben was made aware of the issue but it was looked at too late for this update. This should be resolved for release. Thanks for taking the time to raise it again.

initial impression is that the match engine is definitely tighter and more responsive to tactical instructions. Defending is better too, but I'm still seeing some really bizarre goals particularly inside the 6 yard box. Will try to upload some pkms if I get the time. Good work so far though!

Seems the biggest problem for me is either working as intended or has not been fixed.

Playing in the Skrill North and almost every player in the team has their contract coming to an end and there is no way I can offer them new contracts, 1 striker who is on 500 pounds a week is now asking for 2k a week, in the column on the right it states the he is "realistic about his wage demands and is willing to negotiate" hardly realistic to ask for 2k a week, even more so as he has hardly kicked a ball all season as he has been out injured long term.

With the finances set they way they are this year I can not offer a single player the wages he is on now, I could let maybe 6 or 7 go and try to sign the others on a new contract, that would mean only having about 12 players in my team, not worth risking promotion for that.

Not really much I can do than finish the season and win promotion, I would imagine a few of my players will sign pre-contracts elsewhere, or some will leave at the end of the season, I will just have to rebuild an entire new team for the new season.

Again if I do not gain promotion from the Skrill Premier I will have to rebuild again as players will for the most point only accept a 1 year contract.

I have noticed wage demands were a bit high on players. plus everyone wants key player. Most of my players second season went from 150-200PW up to 300-500+. Not huge but similar to yours. I have also noticed that when ever I adjust the length or squad status the wages demands go through the roof.

Noticed that during pre season friendly games if you let the assistant manager take control of the game he does not use any subs. Usually in pre season the assistant would use all of the subs in order to give them a run out and gain match fitness.

I have noticed most games he does not make subs

Another UI error.

In a player's profile if you select highlight attributes for required roles, the attribute selection BELOW the one you select will now switch to the same.

I.e. Defensive Winger

Defensive Winger

When it should be

DW

Winger

Wide Midfielder

So picking winger, it'll switch to

Dw

Winger

Winger

Or in some cases completely re-arrange

Winger

Inside Forward

Inside Forward.

It's annoying but manageable.

• Administrators
Perhaps it's a bug? Just dominated a match but then the PoM is opponent's right back that got a 9.0 rating...sounds buggy to me!

Please raise the issue in our bugs forum so we can look into it. - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

The defender match ratings HAVE to be fixed ASAP. Just had a home game where my defense conceded 25 shots on goal (though none went in), most of them NOT long shots, and still they ALL (2CBs + 2 FBs) got a rating of 9.0+. The reason is obviously the high influence of won (key) tackles and won (key) headers (they all had 10+, the fullbacks even 20 for tackles). It is just too easy to get high ratings for defenders, as the rating only includes tackles, headers and interceptions. And as it is very easy for a tall defender to win every single header against non-Crouch-like strikers and most of the time they win the tackle too instead of being passed by by the striker, there you got the reason for the ratings. Defenders IRL are much more judged by how good they mark or how good their positioning is and in general how little chances are conceded.

As the problem is still the same as from the start of FM 13 - or even worse with the FBs now - SI doesnt seem to recognize the importance of this bug. First of all, generally speaking, the rating system is the only thing that connects the user to the actual match experience. Even if one had the time to watch every match full you wouldn't really recognize a good or bad performance as many things are rather abstracted in the ME. So the match ratings are the only instrument for the user to understand what is going wrong in his tactic and how to fix it. This is essential for a football manager game. I mean come on, I just conceded 25 shots on goal at home and I have no idea where to start at fixing this because well my defenders according to the ratings had the game of their life!

Apart from that core function, avg. ratings have huge knock on effects on player development (the better a player performs the more his CA rises over time) and transfers (1. defenders are much more sought after as they all seem to be fantastic to the AI managers and 2. me as the user I have a hard time judging if a 7,5 avr.rating FB is REALLY a better purchase than that 7,05 CM...)

So I understand it is hard to get right due to dependence on actual numbers (while in RL people can just "watch" defenders how they perform), but if anything hardcode lower the average rating of defenders by a straight 1,0 of avg.rating points, or at least take away like 0,1 of rating for the defensive players for every (not long shot) chance conceded.

I'd be happy to hear someone from SI about this...?

Yep, that was the main thing I was wanting. So frustrating.
IS this the match widget that initially showed up on screen as player's rating? I always wondered why they don't initially show My team's players' ratings but instead show opponents players' ratings as default.

Is me or the camera change, one game I watch the 3D game more like 2013 kind of way with players more small and the ball small ( still good tho) and other games I see more close up like was before with players more big and the ball big, Don't bother me but I just want to point out this.

Can confirm the issue with Full Backs always getting the highest rating in matches. Was the same in my first 3 friendlys. Also Defense generally seems to get rated high all the time. Conceded 3 goals in 1 half but my defense had mostly 7.0+ ratings.

• Administrators
Someone please try to sign a director of football, player , coach because i get chrash everytime.

Yeah this isn't happening here. Raise the issue on the crashes forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Then upload the save game to our FTP and we'll take a look. FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363153

Thanks.

Scout in pre-update game found over 1600 players within a couple of weeks

post-update - NONE

Condition of defenders a real issue IMO - especially centre backs - my best pair have stamina of 10 and one even has natural fitness of 18 (always assumed that was key in recovering between games) - both on light/very light training workload

How many teams change their centre backs every game in real life?

OK some will rotate 2 out of three but most teams have a recognised centre back pairing that play almost every game - even Rio and Vida played 5 or 6 on the trot and they are virtually crocks these days

Older players have praise/criticise youth development under the "Discuss Training" drop down

First 5 games played:

Defending looks to be better - decisions and closing down intelligence seems improved

Flukey cross/shot looks to have gone

Woodwork seems the same though... on avg 2 a game (this could be right irl, not checked)

GK dist seems fixed

Early days but the update looks great in terms of ME :thup: I reckon i can actually start a proper career now so thanks :)

yep, have 21 players with my highest wage at 2.5k. I am just under my wage budget

If my wage budget would of been the same at around 39k I would of fine but why was it reduced

The problem with Fleetwood is that they are unsustainable without owner backing as their wage bill is far too high for a club of their turnover levels. If the turnover hasn't increased, then the permitted spend will be affected. Clubs in League 2 are only allowed to spend 55% of their turnover on player wages. It's worth remembering that U21 Home Grown players don't count against this cap.

I have noticed wage demands were a bit high on players. plus everyone wants key player. Most of my players second season went from 150-200PW up to 300-500+. Not huge but similar to yours. I have also noticed that when ever I adjust the length or squad status the wages demands go through the roof.

Fourth person concurring...please sort this. It's ruining lower league managing experience.

I wouldn't say everyone wants key player. But I had a substitute with av rating 6.76 only play handful of games on £500 a week request £3,600 a week :-\ wages in lower league definitely need toning down ESP. German 3rd division.

I only play football manager for the euro academy challenge, so it's the vital part of my gaming experience.

However kudos on the new look match engine - it's making the matchday experience much more enjoyable :-D

yep, have 21 players with my highest wage at 2.5k. I am just under my wage budget

If my wage budget would of been the same at around 39k I would of fine but why was it reduced

Fourth person concurring...please sort this. It's ruining lower league managing experience.

I wouldn't say everyone wants key player. But I had a substitute with av rating 6.76 only play handful of games on £500 a week request £3,600 a week :-\ wages in lower league definitely need toning down ESP. German 3rd division.

I only play football manager for the euro academy challenge, so it's the vital part of my gaming experience.

However kudos on the new look match engine - it's making the matchday experience much more enjoyable :-D

Even at League One level it is hard to renew contracts, my wage budget went down 8k despite gain promotion

• SI Staff

Apart from that core function, avg. ratings have huge knock on effects on player development (the better a player performs the more his CA rises over time)...

Just a note on the above quote; the avg ratings are not directly linked to the player development. This might have been the case back in the CM days but for most of the FM era there have been no direct links between a players average rating and the development of his CA. Obviously in some ways the ratings can indirectly affect things like morale, happiness etc. which in turn can have a more direct effect on player progression, but the averag ratings on their own are not directly connected to player progression.

With regards to the 3D ME the zoom function does not seem to be working, I have tried changing my settings away from 'close' and then back to 'close' but still I can not get the camera to zoom in or out.

No problems with this before the update, is this on my end or?

Riz Remes: Just a note on the above quote; the avg ratings are not directly linked to the player development. This might have been the case back in the CM days but for most of the FM era there have been no direct links between a players average rating and the development of his CA. Obviously in some ways the ratings can indirectly affect things like morale, happiness etc. which in turn can have a more direct effect on player progression, but the averag ratings on their own are not directly connected to player progression.

Ah ok I didnt know that, thanks for claryfing! That's a good thing to hear as long as this bug is still present

Hmm, since the update I seem to be seeing almost 1 utterly crazy backpass per game, causing the keeper to charge miles out of position. 3 games, 2 goals against me in this way.

I think I even saw one of my players try passing it back from an attacking position just outside the opposition's penalty area...

Edit: And refs now constantly seem to be in pink since the update!

• SI Staff
Hmm, since the update I seem to be seeing almost 1 utterly crazy backpass per game, causing the keeper to charge miles out of position. 3 games, 2 goals against me in this way.

I think I even saw one of my players try passing it back from an attacking position just outside the opposition's penalty area...

Edit: And refs now constantly seem to be in pink since the update!

Can you try deleting your cache please? How to do it can be found here http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217 Also could you head over to the ME forum http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks and upload your matches for us please?

Archived