FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

With regards to the 3D ME the zoom function does not seem to be working, I have tried changing my settings away from 'close' and then back to 'close' but still I can not get the camera to zoom in or out.

No problems with this before the update, is this on my end or?

Nevermind the second match it started to work again.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a note on the above quote; the avg ratings are not directly linked to the player development. This might have been the case back in the CM days but for most of the FM era there have been no direct links between a players average rating and the development of his CA. Obviously in some ways the ratings can indirectly affect things like morale, happiness etc. which in turn can have a more direct effect on player progression, but the averag ratings on their own are not directly connected to player progression.

But they do affect how the AI assesses value and builds teams, right? If nothing else, looking at the top players in a given division and seeing 25/30 of them being central defenders is bonkers for a game that prides itself as a simulation.

Game was crashing everytime I tried to continue and it had to process - happened on a couple of different saves, verified integrity of game files twice, both times it said they were verified,

just then steam downloaded a 17mb update and now my games continued.

I figure I healed it. Or Sigames did a quick fix,

I spoke too soon, game still crashing just letting me get one more continue than before.

As there no changelist - could someone update me about "non contract" offers?

Before the update, I couldnt offer Non Contract offers to any players.

I updated and still cant, but if i start a new game I can.

Is this the same for everyone and require a new game?

• Administrators
FM keeps crashing now while its processing in the background. Only started happening since this update.

Yeah raise the issue here please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

If you upload the save I can look into it and make sure the issue will be fixed. Thanks.

• SI Staff
But they do affect how the AI assesses value and builds teams, right? If nothing else, looking at the top players in a given division and seeing 25/30 of them being central defenders is bonkers for a game that prides itself as a simulation.

I was only commenting on the outdated information about the player progression. As was stated already in the thread, the player ratings are being reviewed.

If you're looking at a list of players using the search function, is there a way to prevent the list from going back to the top of the list instead of where you were to begin with? As it is now, I have to scroll back down every time.

I was only commenting on the outdated information about the player progression. As was stated already in the thread, the player ratings are being reviewed.

Cool, cool, just it's been plaguing me since last year's version (and before that it was certain midfield roles 'underperforming', but that seems to have been resolved). In general, this is the biggest leap forward FM has taken in years, and I've been pleased with 95% of non-ME things.

• SI Staff
Fourth person concurring...please sort this. It's ruining lower league managing experience.

I wouldn't say everyone wants key player. But I had a substitute with av rating 6.76 only play handful of games on £500 a week request £3,600 a week :-\ wages in lower league definitely need toning down ESP. German 3rd division.

I only play football manager for the euro academy challenge, so it's the vital part of my gaming experience.

However kudos on the new look match engine - it's making the matchday experience much more enjoyable :-D

If you could upload a save game that shows some examples of this then that would be great.

FTP Details - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363153

Cheers,

Ben

Cheers,

Ben

• SI Staff
the backroom advice switch has less lag for me too and sometimes i got stuck on progressing to the match after team selection. though is the match engine still bit funny. alot of these type of goals happening in matches for me.

http://youtu.be/x2lZ66Tuu_8

Could you please post this in the ME forums so we can take a look http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

• SI Staff
Goalkeeper distribution still seems weird. If I have 'Distribute to Defenders' and 'Pass It Shorter' enabled, why do my keepers still rack up 10+ interceptions per game on hoofed long balls, most of which are not clearances under any kind of pressure?

A fix for this was made but missed the cut for this update. It will be in the release day version.

I have played some matches with the updated beta now and this is my opinion on how the match engine changed:

-defensive play sees pumped up (other than the known issue on defender's ratings), to a point that defence seems an overpowerd part of the game.

this causes transition plays from defensive situations to active offensive maneuvers to be extremely ineffective. And as a consequence offensive open play looks highly ineffective too, as the opposition always manages that great tackle that stops build up to a chance.

I find that many games come with a close scoreline despite the number of CCC's or other chances (usually 1-0 or 2-1), and most of the goals come from set pieces.

Anyone else experience the same thing or is it just me?

Posted in different data or League threads , the following issue has not been addressed in 14.0.3.

When starting a new game ( let's say Spain for example ) in the "Choose team to manage" , newly promoted Villareal is predicted to finish 5th and Sevilla 14th. Should be the other way round.

Same for the French league, where you find "Stade de Reims" predicted to finish 7eme ( should be bottom five ) and OGC Nice 19th ( should be first part of the table )

Or in the Italian league where Udinese is predicted to finish 16th ( should be first part of the table ).

I haven't check all leagues, but it seems these inaccurate predictions are affecting multiple leagues. I am not sure if it would affect the game play or if these are just indicators with no influence on clubs expectations.

I too could not offer non contracts to players prior to the update and still cannot on my save.

I will start a new test game and let you know if the option is available. Hope I don't have to start again as just finished pre season and upto August

Is the game meant to say Version 14.0.0 when starting a new game?

Mine does and didn't seem to update from what I re-call when loading it up. The post 3 up from this mentions 4.03. Can SI clarify what the version number should be please

Mine does and didn't seem to update from what I re-call when loading it up. The post 3 up from this mentions 4.03. Can SI clarify what the version number should be please

Are you sure that you are looking at game version and not database version?

If so try a complete restart of steam if you havent.

Some new input regarding the match ratings:

It seems like the problem is the tackling statistic. You can see that by looking at any ball-winning midfielder (that is high tackling and aggressiveness, just look at the tackling per game statistic player overview for your league), they ALL have an average rating between 7.2 and 7.8, even if their team is bottom last and they can't do anything else than tackling. So maybe the match rating problem could already be solved by dramatically reducing the impact of won (key) tackles on the match rating? Defenders will still have an acceptable rating because they do a lot of tackles and win most of them, but they won't be world class anymore unless they intercept well, head well and pass well too.

Either that, or you have to dramatically reduce the amount of tackles...

Are you sure that you are looking at game version and not database version?

If so try a complete restart of steam if you havent.

Im a plonker - looked at database version following the posts

I have played some matches with the updated beta now and this is my opinion on how the match engine changed:

-defensive play sees pumped up (other than the known issue on defender's ratings), to a point that defence seems an overpowerd part of the game.

this causes transition plays from defensive situations to active offensive maneuvers to be extremely ineffective. And as a consequence offensive open play looks highly ineffective too, as the opposition always manages that great tackle that stops build up to a chance.

I find that many games come with a close scoreline despite the number of CCC's or other chances (usually 1-0 or 2-1), and most of the goals come from set pieces.

Anyone else experience the same thing or is it just me?

Definitely not my experience.

While defensive play seems much improved in the two (full) games I have watched, there are still plenty (probably too many) shots and goals, and I'm kinda demolishing teams:

highscores.jpg

(Last two results are with the latest update.)

Is this some kind of joke? I just had 17 shots off target and 1 on target. 14 Shots were from inside penalty box. I thought SI said they would tweak the shooting. This is beyond ridiculous and Iam still seeing way too many CCC but they are almost never converted since you only score from croses and corners in this game.

Definitely not my experience.

While defensive play seems much improved in the two (full) games I have watched, there are still plenty (probably too many) shots and goals, and I'm kinda demolishing teams:

highscores.jpg

Will try starting a new game and fiddling a little with tactics then, might be me, as i haven't got into it that much, but i had that impression. Still, except parma, those were not very challenging matches though, even if it is impressive scorelines compared to my experience

I have started a new game and still can't offer non-contract terms only part time or full time with the players asking for lots of money than I can afford.

Fatman - which player did you manage to get on a non-contract when you restarted your game? Ive tried a few on free transfer and not got the option and also asked for existing non contract on the transfer search and still no option for non contract when trying to sign the player.

There is also an option for youth contract as well as full and part time on my games

SI can you advise if non contracts have been taken out the game, or why so many players won't sign on them unlike FM13 Is this a bug??

I'm not sure if this is a bug or whether this how the individual player instructions is meant to work so I thought I'd post here first.

First I notice that in the 14.0.3 update, on the player instruction screen the tactic switch drop down now works properly. So thank you for that.

However I am still unable to set different roles the same player on a tactic by tactic basis. For example I have set up a 3-1-2-3-1 formation, and for the DM position I have given Michael Carrick personal instructions to play as a Regista and for when Marouane Fellani plays there, he is to be a defensive midfielder. But for the more moderate 3-1-4-1-1 formation when I want Carrick to play there I want him to be a half-back, and Fellani to be an anchor man. Yet I can't change the role for this tactic without it changing the roles set for the other tactic.

Like I said, not sure whether this is a bug, or whether this is just the nature of individual player instructions part of the game.

Archived