FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

Hmm, strange. I'm not seeing this problem myself, but noticed you're the second person on this thread to have mentioned this. We're looking into this further.

Here is a screenshot of my next fixture http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559863671667357149/CAB59317A254AC5C250294166B4AFC41B1206841/

It has been like that since the beta released, is the same for league tables and cup draws.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) It's under the "Scouting" menu and is called "Number of days left on this shortlist". This is the same as last version.

2) That's on the Club screen's Profile panel. You can get there by clicking on the drop arrow menu on the Menu Bar beside your club's name and select "Club Overview". You can't compare positions in a single season only though but over the last 20 years or so on a per-season basis.

1) Thanks, cant believe I missed that!

2) This was in the game when it was CM0102 so that omission is not so good!. hardly a gamebreaker though.

I don't think I ever encountered this problem in previous versions of FM.

I have 1 mil. Euro wage budget left, however, there is no option to move the slider between transfer and wage budgets.

I can't even sign players on free, because loyalty and agent fees, no matter how small are still counted as part of transfer budget. :(

Must say the defending is much better since the update. Players dont seem to ghost throught defenses any more and the tackles are being made at better times than they were before. Defending corners seems difficult at times, especially when the AI seem to love floating the corner right ontop of my keeper, but its just a minor thing.

I think the finishing at times is a bit funny, you get more than your fair share of bad misses, but its more the number of off target shots that gets me, especially from inside the box. I know players will miss, but it seems they miss the target a bit too much, probably just for my liking.

I think its safe to say this BETA is a lot better than last years.

Must say the defending is much better since the update. Players dont seem to ghost throught defenses any more and the tackles are being made at better times than they were before. Defending corners seems difficult at times, especially when the AI seem to love floating the corner right ontop of my keeper, but its just a minor thing.

I think the finishing at times is a bit funny, you get more than your fair share of bad misses, but its more the number of off target shots that gets me, especially from inside the box. I know players will miss, but it seems they miss the target a bit too much, probably just for my liking.

I think its safe to say this BETA is a lot better than last years.

Exactly this. So frustrating seeing your players one on one with the keeper only to smash it out for either a goal kick or worryingly a throw in.

That's the biggest bug for me atm. That and the messed up player ratings, apart from that I'm very impressed considering it's a BETA

Hmm, strange. I'm not seeing this problem myself, but noticed you're the second person on this thread to have mentioned this. We're looking into this further.

Don't know if it count now but count me as third person. Not seeing my team being highlighted in any page.

I havent seen any one on ones go out for a throw in as of yer :D

One on ones dont really bother me, they can be a lottery at the best of times in football, its more the easier shots that you would expect a player to at least get on target.

I've seen 3 or 4 in my first 10 games. With Arsenal.

The clear cut chance thing is becoming a real issue on my game. What's worse is that it only seems to apply to me, not the opposition. They tuck their cccs away no problem, whereas I can have 5 or 6 and not score any.

An issue seems to be the striker actually aiming at the keeper. It's hard to tell when it's just a one on one or something, as it could just be classed as a good save, but what i've had happen several times now is a striker have a header where he is pretty much on the goal line, and only needs to head it in. But instead, he will almost head the ball backwards towards wherever the keeper is.

Another reason is the strikers rarely seem to take the ball past the keeper when one on one. It happens a lot in real life, as the striker is usually a lot quicker and more agile than the keeper, and can skip past him. But on FM, the striker (seemingly no matter what their composure) will panic and try an awkward chip, or just hit the ball straight at the keeper.

I should say that I'm playing as Liverpool, and with Suarez and Sturridge up front I didn't think scoring would be my problem. But Suarez in particular seems to be very underrated, and in March only has a total of 4 goals for me. His stats seem okay, but he never seems to have any effect on games. I've tried him as false 9 and complete forward, but his general play just seems awkward and clunky and not very realistic.

On another minor note unrelated to all of that, there seems to be an awful lot of under hit passes. Which can make starting an attack difficult, as a player may have lots of room ahead of him, but then the pass comes to him behind him and he has to run backwards to get the ball, and the defense then gets back in position. I also have 'pass into space' ticked, which makes it more annoying.

The clear cut chance thing is becoming a real issue on my game. What's worse is that it only seems to apply to me, not the opposition. They tuck their cccs away no problem, whereas I can have 5 or 6 and not score any.

An issue seems to be the striker actually aiming at the keeper. It's hard to tell when it's just a one on one or something, as it could just be classed as a good save, but what i've had happen several times now is a striker have a header where he is pretty much on the goal line, and only needs to head it in. But instead, he will almost head the ball backwards towards wherever the keeper is.

Another reason is the strikers rarely seem to take the ball past the keeper when one on one. It happens a lot in real life, as the striker is usually a lot quicker and more agile than the keeper, and can skip past him. But on FM, the striker (seemingly no matter what their composure) will panic and try an awkward chip, or just hit the ball straight at the keeper.

I should say that I'm playing as Liverpool, and with Suarez and Sturridge up front I didn't think scoring would be my problem. But Suarez in particular seems to be very underrated, and in March only has a total of 4 goals for me. His stats seem okay, but he never seems to have any effect on games. I've tried him as false 9 and complete forward, but his general play just seems awkward and clunky and not very realistic.

On another minor note unrelated to all of that, there seems to be an awful lot of under hit passes. Which can make starting an attack difficult, as a player may have lots of room ahead of him, but then the pass comes to him behind him and he has to run backwards to get the ball, and the defense then gets back in position. I also have 'pass into space' ticked, which makes it more annoying.

Which would say the AI is producing BETTER CCC's than you are, or the AI has better strikers.

Hello,

It seems that my question was erased form the first beta feedback thread, if I am breaching any rules by asking these questions let me know and i will not ask again.

In La Liga, how do the B teams behave? Are there still independant from the A tealm or are treated as reserve teams like in Uk, france italy....?

Will I be able to:

Ask the b Team to use the A team tactic?

make players from the A team availalble to play for B team?

If these are not possible, will the editor alow us to change the rules of La Liga to make these settings possible?

Thank you :)

ehmmmm I would appreciate SI's feedback on this....

Which would say the AI is producing BETTER CCC's than you are, or the AI has better strikers.

Well as I said, I've got Sturridge and Suarez up front so it's not like they're not good enough to put the chances away, and there's not many teams that have a better strike partnership than them.

And it's hard to distinguish if one CCC is better than another given that they are 'clear cut' chances. Like I mentioned, mine include one on ones, tap ins, and players literally missing from the goal line. The opposition has similar chances, less of them, but will score more.

Are the wider masses that didnt pre-order gonna get to use beta before the release next week? It'd be good if you released it eg. tomorrow so you get extra heads testing the game and reporting bugs to be sorted before thursday

edit: I just saw an information that demo might be out today, so Id rephrase my question to- how is demo different from beta, or what are we actually getting by it? Is it the same patched version of beta with less leagues and limited playing time or what?

Why would they give the beta to everyone who hasn't pre-ordered, when the whole incentive of pre-ordering in the first place was to get beta access? They're not going to do that, not a chance in hell.

The demo will be the usual fully featured, 6 month limited copy up to date at time of release that we usually get.

• Administrators
With this 14.0.3 my game EVER crash.. i deleted the cache and verify.. EVER crash.

My pc "support" the game, infact with the first version i haven't crash..

Raise the issue here and we can look into it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

Some positive feedback here.

I saw a thing of sheer beauty last night.

Playing as Gladbach in the Bundesliga. The opposition forward was put clean through by a superb through ball. My keeper, Ter Stegen rushes out to meet him. The forward delicately chips the ball over the keeper towards the empty net. I've resigned myself to losing a goal. But wait, who's this? Centre half Alvaro Dominguez hasn't given up this fight, and he sprints back just in time to acrobatically hook the ball off the line at the last minute. The whooping and hollering noises I made frightened the life out of the wife, but it was worth it.

I have never saw such a passage of play in any FM before. The whole thing looked just, well, beautiful.

This game is tremendous.

Mine neither! Thought it was a change this year. Didn't know it's a bug...

The other thing I'm not sure if folks have raised in 14.0.3 is that many players after scouting reveals that the club either is unlikely to sell that player or is asking a 4-6x multiple of the player's value. Before the update that would have been much more reasonable. Is something wrong with scouting or did the update make clubs not want to sell their players?

1) No, we're investigating this. It is working here, but appears as though not consistently so.

2) It's the popup panel that appears in the middle of the screen between highlights of action. By default it shows your team's player ratings but can be changed via the top right menu.

I don't really see it. For some reason I always see opponent's team ratings as default. Is that a bug?

Re: scouting problem

No players listed in over 8 months

As Kriss's suggestion stopped the scout search (he was already assigned at start of game) 31 players appear \0/

... none of which are signable because of high wage demands :D

Can someone answer this please? - where is the loan report I can ask my AM for to get players in? (loan recommendation for position IIRC) NOT a report of my own youth players on loan :)

Re: scouting problem

No players listed in over 8 months

As Kriss's suggestion stopped the scout search (he was already assigned at start of game) 31 players appear \0/

... none of which are signable because of high wage demands :D

Can someone answer this please? - where is the loan report I can ask my AM for to get players in? (loan recommendation for position IIRC) NOT a report of my own youth players on loan :)

Have you logged it in the bugs forum?

It is the most efficient way to get answers "from the horse's mouth", as SI staff are actively scouring new bug threads as they are added.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/341-Football-Manager-2014-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

Ok. I have a few "issues" that are maybe not issues at all.

1. To start off with I managed Barnet in the Conference and while playing a 433 formation, the left of my 3 attackers, (Luke Gambin), scored 19 goals before Christmas. Now I was top or 2nd in the league most of the time and I appreciate that Barnet were classed as one of the favourites for the title, but it just seemed a little strange that i had somehow stumbled on a tactic that was so effective, (Gambin takes neither free-kicks nor penalties for me).

Once I had played until the New Year I decided I would start a proper game and this time I am managing the San Marino club side. With a team that is meant to be trying to avoid relegation, I find myself top with just 1 game to play and my 2 wide attackers are each averaging a goal about every 2 games. It just doesn't seem very realistic to start off with I suppose, and also maybe too easy? (Hope I don't regret saying that).

2. The 2nd thing is my ability to sign high profile players while at low profile clubs. In my 1st save I replaced Edgar Davids as Barnet Manager when I was appointed, yet he is still willing to come back to the club and sign on a player only basis. I know that Davids being there at all isn't very realistic despite it being true, but him being replaced and then being willing to return and play is way off the mark. I was willing to let this go but for San Marino I held a staff meeting and it was suggested that I get in this out of contract old GK. Well I made an offer just on the off-chance and now Carlo Cudicini has been playing for San Marino in the 2nd half of the season. How much am I paying him? £725 per week.

3. Rather than it being too easy, I wonder if it's linked to a "run" of whatever type being continued. I started off the season by losing 7 of 8 opening games. Since then I have lost only 1 in 21. Same players and same tactics.

4. In terms of ME, I'm not really finding anything wrong with it. Some GK actions look.... well just wrong, (especially kicking out of hand), and he looks like he is often wearing wheelies, (shoes with wheels built in for those of you who don't know),

kutgw

2. The 2nd thing is my ability to sign high profile players while at low profile clubs. In my 1st save I replaced Edgar Davids as Barnet Manager when I was appointed, yet he is still willing to come back to the club and sign on a player only basis. I know that Davids being there at all isn't very realistic despite it being true, but him being replaced and then being willing to return and play is way off the mark. I was willing to let this go but for San Marino I held a staff meeting and it was suggested that I get in this out of contract old GK. Well I made an offer just on the off-chance and now Carlo Cudicini has been playing for San Marino in the 2nd half of the season. How much am I paying him? £725 per week.

kutgw

I've found that its quite easy to get europeans who play/ed in MLS to sign for lower teams because of what seems to be their apprent wish to move back to europe. Not sure if bug or not. In previous fm games it always seemed ridiculous to me that a player would rather not play for 3-4 years instead of signing for a lower league club when in their thirties. I guess they've tried to remedy this a bit and it is easier to sign with lower rep if you just offer enough money.

I've played as unemployed and watched the statistics.

I feel sorry.

After developers enhanced defending, attacking phase of this game is totally broken.

Strikers shoot least times in FM franchise history.

Most selfish C.Ronaldo attempted 22 shots in 9 games.

Can you believe this?

Barcelona won Cartagena by 5-0 in Copa del Rey 4th Rnd Leg1.

But Barca only attempted 9 shots / 8 on targets.

Developers need lots of work till official game release.

Cheers!

Have you logged it in the bugs forum?

It is the most efficient way to get answers "from the horse's mouth", as SI staff are actively scouring new bug threads as they are added.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/341-Football-Manager-2014-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

Original scout problem reported earlier this morning - will update

The end of season 2013/14, only top 3 Prem teams seem to have qualified for Champ Lge, position 4 says EC (Europa Lge). I hope this means that spot will be upgraded to ECC qualifying round by the next August - but that is not what it says on the league table, though the Prem rules page suggests this is so.

Not so much a bug, as an incomplete feature I think.

I prefer to play 2 main tactics, one for home games and one for away games.

I would like my u21s and u18s to play the same way, but the only option I have in the 'Staff Responsibilities' screen under each squads tab is 'Play Matches with First Team Tactics'. Presumably this means whichever of the 1, 2 or 3 tactics I currently have loaded is in the 'currently being used' slot on the tactics screen.

Could it be added (perhaps not even until FM15) to have the ability to select a home and an away tactic for the u21s, u18 (and reserves and whatever squads other nations use)?

Defending is better but still find my back 4 engaged in occasional kamikaze behavior (e.g. past the halfway line, even on even deeper line) Players still not tackling and in fact running away from passes they could easily intercept. Defending corners interface is back to front. Strikers 9/10 just granny kick it straight at the keeper too.

Defending is better but still find my back 4 engaged in occasional kamikaze behavior (e.g. past the halfway line, even on even deeper line) Players still not tackling and in fact running away from passes they could easily intercept. Defending corners interface is back to front. Strikers 9/10 just granny kick it straight at the keeper too.

Please log specific instances in the Bugs forum, and add .pkms to support the issues.

This is what a Beta is for, and by proactively logging stuff, you increase the likelihood of these things getting fixed.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363153

Is noone else getting the zoom function bugging in close cam?

Sometimes during the highlights it just automatically zooms out and I can not zoom back in, after a highlight or 2 it will fix itself and I can again zoom in and out, a bit annoying.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it with the forum search.

In the previous versions of FM I had the option to organize press conferences to talk about my next opponent, but I can find it in FM 14 Beta.

Has this feature been removed or simply I can find it?

Just to check whether this is a possible bug or WAD, when you tick the option preventing signings in the first transfer window, loans are still allowed. Is this as it should be? My apologies if so, I've never actually ticked this option before.

Archived