What team did you choose

Trying my first FMC save, picked Lurgan Celtic of the northern ireland third division. Got an unpleasant surprise when I discovered that they were 850k (us dollars) in the hole, and that led almost immediately to administration. I fortunately did manage to get a few free agents in before the receivers took control, but now even with the debt since restructured I can't sign anyone. Meanwhile all my players are on amateur deals or non-contracts, and several have already been poached, with some others considering offers. It's a little more than I had bargained for but I will try to soldier on.

Workington reds missing there loan players from real life only start with like 18 players 6 of which have long term injuries only one goalkeeper and £400 per week to find replacements thankfully the season has started a little better played 2 won 2

Trying my first FMC save, picked Lurgan Celtic of the northern ireland third division. Got an unpleasant surprise when I discovered that they were 850k (us dollars) in the hole, and that led almost immediately to administration. I fortunately did manage to get a few free agents in before the receivers took control, but now even with the debt since restructured I can't sign anyone. Meanwhile all my players are on amateur deals or non-contracts, and several have already been poached, with some others considering offers. It's a little more than I had bargained for but I will try to soldier on.

Good luck :)

Truro City. The board managed to refinance the loan two days before season kick off. Brought in some free transfers and youngsters, but still a crappy first team. I am overachieving some games and thats the only reason im at 10th in november. But its a really fun challenge.

Im starting with Tonbridge Angles. For no other reason than i like the name. Im going to stick with them and see how far i can take them. I have never yet took a team from the BSN or BSS to the Premier League. Best i have done is to the Championship.

I looked at Truro since i always start with the team that is ranked the lowest but the financial situation scared me :). I am now playing as Hornchurch. Predicted to be 21st, but im hoping im going to get promoted. My old tactic of signing lots of cheap foreigners doesnt work anymore. For some reason SI has hardcoded the game so that no one outside of england is even interested in negotiating. If i have the money i should be able to sign players but unfortunately they dont want to be payed for playing.

I managed to get a couple of players on loan. They are below BSS standard but couldnt sign anyone better. Also managed to sign a couple of youngsters on youth contract, but they are of very poor quality. They do have a potential of playing in the conference. Havent managed to sign any players that would be considered a good/leading BSS player. Weird.

No luck so far with scouting. Have two scouts that have managed to scout an amazing number of 0 players so far.

Looking at the match engine they are really poor players. They mostly just stand around and look at the ball not knowing what to do with it. I have never played football and judging by FMs match engine i would still be a Messi compared to an average BSS player.

Anyway..managed to win the last game 8:1. My striker scored 5 goals and i got my first perfect 10.

Hopefully ill get promoted since its a bit boring in BSS. Cant buy anyone, loan anyone or sign anyone thats worth much. Im also bleeding money. Has anyone found any good players on free worth signing?

One more thing. The old trick of keeping low level clubs afloat is gone. I havent managed to arrange any friendlies with better clubs that would be profitable to me. At best i would have 2k of profit per game.

Aloha,

Well, I'm waiting until the complete version of the game comes out before I start my proper career which will be with Rangers. Up until then I'm experimenting around with the challenges. So I have just started the "You can't win anything with kids" challenge with my supported club, Newcastle. Have to say that the youngsters I've got are damn good, but on the downside I think I can only play with one country loaded, which is a shame.... Or more likely I haven't figured out how to load more countries yet.

My old tactic of signing lots of cheap foreigners doesnt work anymore. For some reason SI has hardcoded the game so that no one outside of england is even interested in negotiating. If i have the money i should be able to sign players but unfortunately they dont want to be payed for playing.

You can't even sign them if they were formed in english clubs ? :(

:( :( :(

You can't even sign them if they were formed in english clubs ? :(

:( :( :(

The best I could do as Truro, was to offer contracts to 2-3 greyed out players in the reserve team. Having just around 15 players, I now have to field players with below 70% condition, 4 midfielders in defence, midfielders as strikers, etc. I wish the fixture schedule was kinder.

I think I will choose a team in one of the lowest Spanish leagues and try to turn them into the best team in Spain. Overthrowing barca and real. I every year i take a team from the bss/bsn to the prem and turn them into the best team in England. I'm hoping this will be more of a challenge in Spain.

I started a game with Liverpool but I plan on deleting that save and waiting on it till the full release comes out just so things can get ironed out. I will be starting a new save with Widzew Lodz in the Polish league in the mean time waiting for release. I always make a Widzew save when I start getting bored with my Liverpool main save.

Archived