Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would be nice to see Rodgers come out and say exactly what needs to be said.

That he was wrong to say that 4th was a realistic target?

Wish managers and players would stop talking publicly about positions they would like to finish in the league, the next game is usually where the first slip up occurs.

A full 11 week's fine wouldn't go a miss. That's what I'd do if it was FM :D

I'd go 22 weeks :D.

That he was wrong to say that 4th was a realistic target?

Wish managers and players would stop talking publicly about positions they would like to finish in the league, the next game is usually where the first slip occurs.

No denying that at all, but it would help my frustration if he came out and pulled the odd player up.

Just cheeky little smash and grab ay it

You came with a gameplan and executed it perfectly. It was clear that Clarke turned up to soak up pressure for 75mins, and if they were still in the game he could unleash Lukaku when the game was stretched and to be honest it could not have gone better. Rodgers subs were frankly ludicrous - he basically switched us to the 4-2-4 that didn't work at Oldham, then compounded it by taking Downing off who was our best attacking player all night. Clarke must have been sat their ******* himself laughing and god knows what FSG are thinking after booting Clarke out and replacing him with the possession king.

Our fullbacks were disgraceful too - their passing stats must have been about 20% pass completion - utter shambles.

Just a joke how much that was against us. Gerrard scores the pen we win comfortably. I think after he missed everyone just thought **** this.

a dubious penalty decision as some taxi flagging player in what the 75' odd minute went down again, being the only real chance and if scored means winning "comfortably"? really?

Sturridge should have started if he was at all fit. Unbelievable the difference having an actual striker makes to us. If we could have got 60 mins out of him I'd have done it.

And Rodgers totally wouldn't have been slaughtered had he done that and Sturridge got injured.

a dubious penalty decision as some taxi flagging player in what the 75' odd minute went down again, being the only real chance and if scored means winning "comfortably"? really?

It could be described as ' comfortable ' considering WBA hadn't had a shot at all. Plus, it wasn't the only real chance we had either.

Up to that point, I don't think WBA had had a shot. So yes. If that had gone in, comfortable win.

It could be described as ' comfortable ' considering WBA hadn't had a shot at all. Plus, it wasn't the only real chance we had either.

ahh right, i must apologise. then being comfortable at that point you instantly would have put all the next chances away, being comfortable at 9-0 by final whistle. lovely. well done Brendan.

I thought we played quite well tbh. In fact I though we were pretty good up until the last 10 minutes, when Agger managed to **** the bed... twice!

We had massive possession and 19 shots on goal. You can't call it a terrible performance as we barely gave them sniff. Sadly it only takes for one player switch off and all that dominant is undone in a second.

Having said that, some individual perfomances were a bit poor. Johnson was nothing short of dreadful, Enrique was poor in the final 3rd and Shelvey was often wasteful. Agger fell asleep at a corner for about the 5 match in a row too. Gerrard, Downing and Lucas were excellent I thought.

Frustrating result, but it wasn't as bad as the bipolar fans in here seem to be saying it was

ahh right, i must apologise. then being comfortable at that point you instantly would have put all the next chances away, being comfortable at 9-0 by final whistle. lovely. well done Brendan.

So, a 1 nil win with the opposition having NO SHOTS at our goal AT ALL could in no way be described as comfortable?

Obviously its hard to say what would have happened after if the pen went in regarding WBA and shots at our goal.

I think we have a loser mentality and it's not going away.

Somewhat agree here, mentality,belief, desire are SO important. Look at Man Us team, nobody could tell me that they have this amazing team that is just head and shoulders above everyone else. What they do have is a desire/hunger/confidence to get results and not be afraid. Teams roll upto Anfield and if they can get past the first twenty minutes or so you can see us start to wilt under the pressure of getting results. You can hear the groans from the fans whenever someone makes a mistake and that in turn feeds into the players.

The groans were evident on TV tonight. It's disconcerting that as fans in general we have become such impatient tosspots. It's not going to inspire the players if we are groaning and getting edgy at 20 minutes gone.

The groans were evident on TV tonight. It's disconcerting that as fans in general we have become such impatient tosspots. It's not going to inspire the players if we are groaning and getting edgy at 20 minutes gone.

That's how it is at Anfield though, the only club that has that level of fan pressure on them is Arsenal, both crowds are very similar. You need big personalities to deal with it, it's what held Man U back for years and years until Fergie managed to do it.

That's how it is at Anfield though, the only club that has that level of fan pressure on them is Arsenal, both crowds are very similar. You need big personalities to deal with it, it's what held Man U back for years and years until Fergie managed to do it.

Still too many looking backwards and not forwards if you ask me.

To be fair I sweated more playing with myself in the bathroom than the players did on the pitch for 90 minutes. Not breaking a sweat and not able to make a simple pass is what got the fans annoyed.

Just read this on bbc website, this particular monkey needs shifting ASAP

" The result means Liverpool are still to beat a team currently in the top half of the Premier League table this season "

Well we should have won the last 3 against top half teams, amongst a bunch of other similar games this season, it's becoming a mental thing.

Mess of a performance, bland, uninspired.

Would be fair analysis if 'one of those games' hadn't already happened a dozen times this season. It's something more.
like I have said before, the squad is just simply not better then what the results show, and as such there is very little chance to improve notably on last years results this season

They can't hear my groans in my arm chair lol.. to be fair it's there job that they are payed very well to do. i mean 14 shots to 0 and i'm starting to think i'm watching a game on FM. we played well from a domination of possession but as we have so many times lacked a cutting edge..

Iv Just taken a 25% pay cut in my Drylining job just to still have work, i have to perform to the same high standards or lose work all in freezing condition's.. I don't feel happy when i see them get turned over 2-0 in the manner which they did. Just proves we are not as good as we think we are yet and still need lots of work..

Never mind guess we can thrash Swansea at the week end and put smiles back on the bipolar faces ;)..

Archived