What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

It'd be good to have an option under "Ask to Pick" > "Choose Custom Rules" to have a filter for condition (say, 'less than', 'more than' and 'between'). Too often I'm having weaker players with 96% condition left out of the match squad for someone with 82% condition (which I really don't want!).

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 wishes:

1 Being able to watch matches in real ntime with no option to interfere in FMC Instant result mode or FM Ass Man take control of match mode

2 A comprehensive guide on what everything in the game does eg every single seloectable/clickable feature should be fully explained in a clear and simple way.

I want teams' away kits to change every year. I think it's a bit of a bummer that I'm wearing the same away kit in 2020 as I was in 2013.

I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to make the game generate away kits: don't use your home kit's colors, don't make it look too much like your rivals' kits, use flashy designs in the leagues that actually use flashy designs. Maybe the player as manager can be given a choice between like three generated away kits and the choice to keep last year's, even if that's not really what managers do, so you can have some input on what your team wears.

I'm liking the director of football feature but have a few improvements I think could be made. Currently I'm running a test game with him having complete control over signings to see how it works. The main problem I can see is that, with no guidance with nominated transfer targets, it does't assess the squad to see where signings are required. I'm at Everton and a RB is a priority as it's the weakest position but so far he has signed a right winger when we already have an abundance of them. I think having joint meetings with the DoF and head scout would be an idea. In the meeting we could nominate which position we want him to find, and then with the option of how good we want the signing to be.

As an example, we could go into the meeting saying we need a new RB. Then from a second menu there could be options showing squad suitability ranging from improvement, back up and prospect. If you selected improvement he could take the best current player in that role and search for suitable players who have attributes in the key areas 1-2 points better and/or a higher CA/PA. Back up signings could be based on searches that match the current player with a range of + or - 5 points on the CA/PA. For the prospect it could a a search on age, PA, value etc. Obviously these are just basic search ideas and it should be more complex but you get the idea. As a link in feature it could be a joint meeting with the head scout so he can ask the scouting network to target the required position and role.

If no meeting is arranged the focus for signings could be taken from the ass man squad report. It could take the report and match against your formation to see how the players fit. Any weaknesses could be addressed and if it matches with your formation it shouldn't result in signings for positions you don't use. I think there should be bad signings too (the better the DoF the higher chance of a good signing) as if all the DoF signings were a success it would make the game too easy. If it was possible to get the DoF working in this way I think a side benefit would be improved AI squad management at other clubs which I think we all want.

I appreciate it is a new feature and improvements are likely to be made in the coming series. I may not even have utilised the role correctly but thought I would make the post based on first impressions.

Firstly,Hello to everyone:)

Like the fella above,i am too liking the DoF inclusion in the new version of the game and i have a recommendation regarding it that i deeply hope the SI group will take notice.

Here it is:

When the DoF is selling or loaning a player out,it would be best if he looks to sell him in the best team(team with the greatest reputation) or loan him(a youngster) to a team with a great youth setup that will certainly look to give him more first-team chances and help nurture him and make him grow as a footballer.I don't know,it just seems more realistic to target on the most "appropriate" club that can fully benefit a later returning from loan player of ours.As you understand,my concern is if the DoF truely looks to get the best out for both the player and the club in the most positive way possible.

I would be overly happy if the DoF's responsibilities could be adjusted in that way.The whole action of selling or loaning a player out should be really "expertised" towards the viewpoint i issued,in the essence that since the DoF naturally knows what the team really needs(at least in reality that is...) he should be looking to send the loaned player/youngster to a team that will provide whatever our team cannot(first team opportunities),so that when he returns he would be ready for first-team football,a case that would otherwise not be happening since we don't desire to keep hold on a player that is not ready yet,not suitable for first-team football without first having the requires experience.This would and will be delighting if it was implemented in FM 13.

So,i really hope the SI team agrees with me on that and manage to implement it this version already but since i'm not a daydreamer i hope atleast they generally take notice of this opinion and look to put in latter versions

Thanx:)

Regards,

Messi22

Future Beta offers, or similar initiatives, should feature a pop-up every time the player launches the game explaining what a Beta is and why reporting bugs is important to clear up any confusion.

Having swapped a couple of posts in another thread, Suzie MUFC copied the text from the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta:

Dear Ghosts, you are beta-testing Ghost Recon Future Soldier multiplayer and your opinion is very important to help us improve the game. Remember that this software is in Beta and does not represent final quality.

It may also be worth stating something like: THIS IS NOT A DEMO or similar.

Considering the number of users not understanding what a Beta is, the need to report bugs and misinforming the debate with baseless statements such as "there's no way SI can fix this in two weeks", it's not really possible to over-explain the purpose of such pre-releases for testing.

Suzie MUFC and my own posts can be found in this thread, along with plenty of examples of users and posts that underline why such a pop-up is needed in the future: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/320592-Would-be-far-better-if-we-had-the-FM12-match-engine-on-FM13-!?p=8181631#post8181631

In association with the "touted as/labelled as" system for national players, a "touted as/labelled as" at the club level. For example:

Ipswich's Kyle Hammond could be "touted as the club's next Fabian Wilnis". Perhaps with increased chances of becoming a fan favourite if they make it, or becoming a "boo boy" if they have a series of poor performances.

Develop Team Comarison Further:

I find team comparison feature useful in preparing for matches but would like to see it refined.

At the moment the comparisons are based upon players in first team squad - if you have four GK, then average of their various attributes is used. Not much use in assessing capabilities of likely line ups.

In preparing for match it would be far more useful if the comparsion was your likely line up against theirs. The pre match media build up could be used to predict likely line ups (as newspapers etc currently do) and this could form basis of initial comparison. You should then be able to modify this line up to be a with comparison made against your currently selected line up.

Insted of just having comparison for All, Defenders, Midefielders, Attackers you really also need to be able to readily compare your Attackers Vs opposition Defenders and vice versa. If their defenders are slow then you may well prefer to field pacey attacker(s); if they are weak in the air then maybe you would employ attacker with good aerial/heading ability etc.

Developing this feature to cater for the above would, I believe, be very useful.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but what I would like is when you place an ad for a job role and you get the applicants list back I'd love a link where you can see all the applicants attributes in a table - clicking on each name is time consuming and I always forget who is the best so far by the time I get to the end of the list

Also a recommendation by the DoF would be nice :)

• SI Staff
Only 1 wish. To be able to go on holiday during games. Don't need FMC to make things quicker just the ability to go on hols once I'm 3-0 up after 20 mins.

You are able to go on holiday during games Iakovenko. Select the 'Home' button to come out of the match to return to Manager Overview and you can holiday from there..... The usual way by selecting Actions > Holiday, a single day.

In association with the "touted as/labelled as" system for national players, a "touted as/labelled as" at the club level. For example:

Ipswich's Kyle Hammond could be "touted as the club's next Fabian Wilnis". Perhaps with increased chances of becoming a fan favourite if they make it, or becoming a "boo boy" if they have a series of poor performances.

There will never be another Wilnis! ;) Like the idea though!

In squad status screen on homepage I dont want players who are 'trn' to also be 'bid' and 'wnt'.

What is the point of squad status screen if all I can see at my resolution is the same 3 or 4 players with entries for the 3 above statuses, and then I have to scroll down to see any other statuses for different players. If someone is 'trn' then it is an absolute given that they are 'bid'. Whether or not they are 'wnt' is only relevant in a very select number of cases (didi haman and bebe?).

Although only minor, this does my tits in

This is in FM13, as was revealed in yesterdays vblog!

Brilliant. I really hope its followed up with a response to the "concerned" player when his agent pulls out of talks that is something along the lines of "Your agent broke off negotiations, we'll discuss a contract when you dump him"

You are able to go on holiday during games Iakovenko. Select the 'Home' button to come out of the match to return to Manager Overview and you can holiday from there..... The usual way by selecting Actions > Holiday, a single day.

When I do this the 'Go on holiday' is greyed out and when I try to do it via the calender it says 'You cannot go on holiday on a match day'

The idea about a conversation with yourself (manager), chief scout and DoF is spot on. You say what players you want, scout offers opinions on suitable players, you choose a selection or ask him to find a new target, DoF gives his opinion/input etc. Would be good.

I have an idea for FMC mode. This mode has brought me back to the game after it got a bit too time consuming for me to play! The whole attraction of FMC is that you can get through more game time in less real time. However the real time consuming part of the game is matches. You've added an even briefer "key highlights" mode which is useful, but the fact of FM is that if you don't watch your matches closely you'll be at a tactical disadvantage to those who do. So you are punished for trying to play through quickly.

My suggestion is to reintroduce assistant manager feedback into classic mode, but maybe slightly cut down. However, I also suggest you allow the ass man to give you feedback on how the opposition are set up. i.e. things like defensive line, width, marking, things like that. This would allow quicker players to be able to adjust tactics midgame without having to spend time watching the match slowly to figure it out for themself. The quality and quantity of feedback regarding the opposition should improve with the ass man's ability, but his observations should never be incorrect. You would no longer be at such a disadvantage if you want to get through matches at the same kind of pace we used to see in the old championship manager days.

2 wishes:

1 Being able to watch matches in real ntime with no option to interfere in FMC Instant result mode or FM Ass Man take control of match mode

I second that one. :applause:

Idea: produce a guide to using the match engine to coincide with each new version Football Manager.

With the number (or at least noise) of angry and gamey users being antagonistic and non-constructive on the forums in response to their tactical failings and narrow-minded attitude to why things aren't working, SI should look to offer an in-depth guide to building and translating tactics into each year's newly tweaked match engine.

Community experts such as wwfan should be paid to produce an annual revised version if they would be interested in doing so, with tied-in playable tutorials within the game itself to act as a sort of managerial boot camp.

This would hopefully help to show users why and how their tactics and play styles fail with direct examples rather than the vitriolic exchanges that often come as soon as someone rightly points out "it's your tactics!"

Alternatively, SI could create a tactical blog accessible from within the game featuring the best FM tactics posts from around the web, articles by the SI team and experts such as wwfan, or perhaps even irregular commissioned contributions from some "celebrity" tactical commentators such as Michael Cox and Johnathan Wilson?

I copy and paste the same post I wrote in the editor section.

FM10 and FM13 editor are almost the same. What disappoint me, it's that Sigames seems doesn't bother about requests made by their customers. We asked for apertura and clausura structure 3 years ago, how is possible not satisfy a so simple request in 3 years?

We love Football Manager, users like me buy this game since the age of 486 DX processor. I ask a bit of respect for us who support you since then.

This is what I demand to update in the next patches.

Please Sigames.

IMPORTANT REQUESTS

-Regional Rules: it's a key element. We need it to make independent divisions and sub divisions for regional leagues. Currently, there is no way to make real regional divisions, just a big national division with national sub divisions with a lot of limits. It's a serious fault, above all considering it causes a mess for play-offs and play-outs. Example: I have 3 regional leagues, rlA, rlB and rlC. Each regional league has 2 local leagues. I want to make play-offs between the two local leagus of rlA and winner is promoted in rlA. This is not possible with the editor. I can only make play-offs for one local league or a global play-offs tournament involving all six local leagues.

-custom sub divisions in other sub divisions: it would be very important, because there are regional and local leagues which have different rules for each sub division. It would be really useful make custom sub divisions inside other subdivisions. Current option allow to make groups in a sub division, but we can't customize them.

-Apertura and clausura: like Argentina championship.

-MLS structure: I mean teams belonging to a group can play against teams of other groups.

-Qualification tournaments: another key element. If I want to make a qualification tournament for a cup, I can't.

-Venues: option to select venues for leagues and cups.

MINOR REQUESTS

-Option to choose exact dates for championship matches.

-More options for play-offs and play-outs.

-Add shoot-outs to extratime and penalties.

-Requirements to get a promotion (stadium, club status...).

I would love to see training as in real : 50-100 types of exercices ( like IRL ) to schedule per day, depending on your training facilities.

I know, people will say, no for micro management, but in reality, yes a coach manager is in front of the guys will they are training a tons of differents exercices ( micro exercices )

Hard to implement ( influences of each exercices ) boring for some people buit so close to reality !

50% o the time of a manager is on the training pitch.

The other day I downloaded FIFA Manager 2012 demo to see how far away it is to FM12, and today I installed it and have had a bit of a play and I've got to say its a lot better than I thought it was going to be, navigating around the screens is a bit confusing but its probably because I'm so used to how FM works, theres 2 sections I have seen that I really like though and would like to see in FM14.

The first is the ability to place a player in any area of the tactical pitch (a thing FM use to have but disappeared when the tactical creator was introduced) The current tactics set up is too rigid, give us something that will allow us to create custom formations and tactics, ie give us the option to set where a player runs to with and without the ball (again another thing older FM versions had)

The second feature is the match Engine FIFA Managers makes FM12 look like its antique, now I don't expect to FM to go to the extremes of which FIFA (ie replicating players faces and close ups) has but increase the size and detail of the players and improve the detail with the pitch and stadium. 2 other things I liked in the match was the managers POV and the highlights at the end of the match being played (nice touch)

I've only played FIFA Manager for about an hour but from what I've seen from the 2012 version they seem to be closing the gap between themselves and FM so if I was you guys (SI Games) I would pull my finger out of my arse and start working on whats wrong with FM and start catching up with FIFA in the ME department before they overtake you in the gameplay department.

I played FIFA Manager -07-08-09-10 and it's a bit fun, i like 2 things there 1) Training seissons 2) When Pickung Tours/Training Camps

those two features really a huge part in my liking the game..

but as data etc.. , FM so much better..

in Fifa Manager you can apply jobs, without risking your job, you can change clubs so much as you can see a lot club interested in you even if you aren't doing that well. If you are TOP division club, you can see lower divisions clubs interested in you .. the funny part they can appoint you, at least FM prevent it due to compensation.

the second thing, when it's to player attributes, so much attributes & also it's from 0-99, you can't compare players at all.

I'd like to see player development to be a little better. Right now developing a team means finding the youth with 5 star potential, training him and making him a superstar.

Even though I know that not everyone can be a superstar, this doesn't necessarily mean that not everyone can be at least decent. Players are what they strive to be and having a player forever locked into some stats because they have a max potential of,let's say 140,feels dissappointing at times.

I believe it would be better if potential was a bit more elastic and variable, depending on how much the player wants to grow and how much we,as a manager, are able to motivate that player to strive for greatness.

I don't ask for huge improvements,like being able to make a 1 star potential players to 5 star wonderkids, but I believe that we should be able to motivate to reach 2.5-3 stars for example. Or making a 4 star player believe that he can be the next greatest and reach a 5 star pinnacle. All within a reasonable difficulty level of course and the other way around as well. The greatest potential in the world won't be attained if we sign up a lazy player who doesn't want to listen to us.

After all, it's not rare that players who were considered tossers show up as potential stars next year, or the exact opposite as well. There have been many uprising stars who screwed up hard and lost their chance to shine.

For example, if our 3 star striker managed to get in the team of the year of the C.League or a respectable league, then we should get a chance to tell him that, hey, look at that, you got what it takes to be a star, keep pushing yourself.

Past Managing Experience?

It's become a little trendy to start promoting assistant managers up to the big seat once their seniors have moved on, Barcelona being the main reference. I don't think many people (anyone?) knew who Tito Vilanova was until he was appointed manager; it would be nice if some prior history with the club was offered where by the current clubs players see you as Jesus reincarnate but everyone else hasn't even heard your name.

I'm sick and tired of Rooney slagging me off for my lack of playing experience...

This is a very simple suggestion that would make me VERY happy if implemented.

The problem: Clubs signing my players right under my nose when their contracts hit the 6 month mark.

The Solution: Pay more attention to contracts. But aside from that, I'd like to see the game send me an inbox message - one of the urgent messages that are red and stop you from progressing until you address the issue - whenever one of my players is offered a contract by another team so that I can respond with a contract of my own or choose to ignore it. Again, this is only for players whose contracts are expiring soon and where other teams can now offer them new contracts after their current one expires. I've had 2 of my star players signed right under my noses and its the most frustrating thing in the world!

Not a game-changing, but a nice touch to create more involvement in the game world: being able to send private text-message to favourite players/staff, just like the (in)famous *texts that Mourinho keeps sending to former players.

Think this is a nice option that could open up when you become a favourite staff to someone. Possible options could be to congratulate other manager on landing a new job, (former) players getting a big transfer, or former players going through a bad spell in their careers.

Manager (or your former assistent) landing a new job:

opt 1: "Well done, I know you have what it takes"

opt 2: "Congratulations on your new job, but don't expect me to gift you anything next time we play each other"

opt 3: "Good luck on this one, I hope you haven't bitten off more than you can chew"

Former player makes a big transfer

opt 1: "Finally you get the big break. I've always had faith in you. Make me proud"

opt 2: "Don't let the big boys bully you, think of what I taught you and you'll be fine"

opt 3: "Who would have thought, eh? Good luck, you'll probably need it"

Former player going through a bad stint

opt 1: "Come on, get yourself together, if you had been so sulky under my regime, I would've dropped you as well"

opt 2: "Keep your head up, lad. We've all been here. Just work your boots off and you'll be back in no time"

opt 3: "That place really isn't doing you any good. Hand in a transfer request and I'll come and get you"

I will concede that most of this is cosmetical (except for the last one, maybe), but it'll add a nice touch.

Not a game-changing feature, but a nice touch to create more involvement in the game world: being able to send private text-message to favourite players/staff, just like the (in)famous *texts that Mourinho keeps sending to former players.

Think this is a nice option that could open up when you become a favourite staff to someone. Possible options could be to congratulate other manager on landing a new job, (former) players getting a big transfer, or former players going through a bad spell in their careers.

Manager (or your former assistent) landing a new job:

opt 1: "Well done, I know you have what it takes"

opt 2: "Congratulations on your new job, but don't expect me to gift you anything next time we play each other"

opt 3: "Good luck on this one, I hope you haven't bitten off more than you can chew"

Former player makes a big transfer

opt 1: "Finally you get the big break. I've always had faith in you. Make me proud"

opt 2: "Don't let the big boys bully you, think of what I taught you and you'll be fine"

opt 3: "Who would have thought, eh? Good luck, you'll probably need it"

Former player going through a bad stint

opt 1: "Come on, get yourself together, if you had been so sulky under my regime, I would've dropped you as well"

opt 2: "Keep your head up, lad. We've all been here. Just work your boots off and you'll be back in no time"

opt 3: "That place really isn't doing you any good. Hand in a transfer request and I'll come and get you"

I will concede that most of this is cosmetic (except for the last one, maybe), but it'll add a nice touch.

1.what about audio commentary during match instead of just fans noise or may be fans chants would be brilliant? (although i think it must have been suggested).

2. Some celebration videos after winning the league or cup with team lifting the trophy

3. Players going to bar before match-day so that we can fine them for a week

4. Stadium video tour

5. Create attributes for human managers on basis of their performance (on similar criteria to AI managers)

6. Few Club legends videos automatic loaded in club's profile

What I really would love to see in the next FM versions is an option to customize the font size.

I am playing on 1920x1200 (24") at the moment and the font is really tiny on such a display.

I am planning to upgrade my monitor to 27" 2560x1440 and I am not sure if FM will be much fun, when you hardly can read anything because of the rediculous small font that is used within the game at the moment.

Dealing with agents is becoming a bit of a joke.

Trying to sign a new player from a 3rd world country and his agent demanding £30k a week is not very realistic how ever you look at it.

An added option to the contracts talks telling the player that his agent and his agents demands for the contract are unrealistic are endangering the transfer.

Tell the player that he needs to ditch his agent or in some way making the player aware that the agents demands are too high.

Its really getting my back up and the amount of players I've tried to sign only to walk away from the demands is becoming a joke.

I haven't read the rest of this thread, so it's maybe been mentioned before.

Quite often, if I'm chasing a player, I might watch one of his games for his current side. I'd like to see some sort of 'player cam' option where the camera concentrates solely on one player. That way I can track him all over the park without necessarily concentrating on the game itself.

The game needs to make the player feel more a part of the game, why not for future editions have pundits or club legends commenting on us and how we are doing and us being given the chance to respond to either say thanks or tell them to back off. The Owners character would be nice to i now we get board meetings but what is there job outside football they arent all business man, would be nice to see them more in game and what type of owner they are from a chelsea type tycoon who constantly sacks managers to owners like a bill kenwright who runs the club safely on limited budget and rarely sacks managers unless he has to.

Another nice touch in contracts would be to discuss transfer budgets and backroom staff when taking on a job- if you dont let me bring in my own team and give me 20 million to spend you wont get me.

Another nice idea would be how we behave during a game shouting like mad maybe complaining and kicking a bottle over like mr hughes and fergie and being sent to the stand or calm tactical manager like o'neill

Last years training model. It's been done to death in the threads but we as users have absolutely no control now whatsoever on schedules bar choosing the default SI generic ones. At least with the old model those who don't want to bother with training could just leave it at the defaults for each position but those of us who wanted to could tweak it to get the most out of our players. Training this year is just welp, assign default schedules.

Also as was previously mentioned job interviews. Just make it much like the conversation you have with the chairman/ assman when first joining a club in so far as the hiring chairman asks you questions about why you want the job, your plans for the club if you got the job, playing style, goals and ambitions on what you think you can achieve at the club etc etc and depending on the answers given it can affect whether you impress them and get the job or not.

I would like that when you select a smaller league as view only for the database of that specific league to increase automatically.

For eg, i play with England as playable, Spain, Italy and German top leagues and the Australian lge as view only, however the australian lge still has the same database as if i didnt select it.

IRL Manuel Neuer sometimes starts counter attacks with long trows, throwing ball directly on opponent's half. In FM, despite having Throwing attribute 20, he is not able to throw ball at such distance. Maybe you should make new player move, that you can make your goalkeeper learn, and attach it to him.

I'm not sure if SI read through this, take anything on board, or are interested, but a couple of aspects I would like to see changed include:

Training.

- I would like to be able to group my players when training. This is not to dissimilar to real life. Defenders don’t always train with attackers, for example. I would like to be able to choose morning and afternoon sessions. So mornings would be team fitness, afternoons I would like the defenders to work on defending set pieces and the attackers working on their ball control.

Scouting.

- Better masking of clubs abroad. At the moment I can go to another club, check their transfer history, look for youth and immediately scout new regens and poach all the 4.5/5 star ones. I would like a setting at the beginning to mask all foreign clubs and players, unless they’ve been specifically scouted, or my scouts have knowledge of them. It’s too easy. I should have to send a scout to each club to look at their players for recommendations, and I should have to spend time finding these players, not being able to get them on the day they’re generated. Change the dates, make them random. Make it harder to find these players to add some realism and make it seem like a real achievement when you do unearth a gem.

- I would like to see more variation in the PA scout reports. It is still too easy to find a top regen and buy him for little amounts. I think the concept of a PA should still exist, but it should be harder for a scout to know early on that their PA could be 190, for example. More likely that they're a promising player. I think it needs to be hit and miss. As the player gets older and closer to his PA, then the scout reports should be more accurate. How can you scout at 14/15 year old and know he will be PA190. I think depending on the scout rating for judging player potential, the variation should change more (I know this is the case), but for someone JPP20, they should be more hit than miss, but at the moment it's too easy to pick up a JPP20 scout and get him to check every youth in every club when regens are generated (see above). Perhaps a more wild assessment of a player.

For example, take the two players below, and the two scouts. Age along the bottom, ability and potential on the sides.

In the first scenario, the player is PA190 and the scout is excellent at judging both ability and potential. A quick scout report shows at at age 14 he thinks the ability is between 60-79 and potential between 175-200 his scout report could say he's a good prospect, with the right training, good luck and first team football he could reach his potential or something along these lines. Scout him again at 18 and he has developed well, the scout thinks his current ability is around 120 but this could be +/- 20 in either direction, but he now is more accurate on PA, judging between 180-200. Scout again at 21 and the player has had a lot of first team football, been free from injury and now he is very close to his PA, also shows the signs that he is going to be a top player. The scout is more sure now that he will be a PA190 and recommends him. So closer to age, the more accurate.

mWhye.png

In the second scenario my scout is excellent at judging a players ability but very poor at finding their potential, hence the variation. At 14 he is as wild as between 100-170. He looks good, but cannot recomend the player because he just doesn't have the skills required to make that assessment. Of course the close Player B gets to his potential, the easier it is because with age comes the point at which a player will stop developing their potential and start realising it.

gQyVw.png

I guess what I'm asking is that even when you're excellent at judging player potential, you should still only be taking a stab at those between 170-200 so early on. At the moment I can scout 5* players from the age of 14. I think they should be categorised differently somehow.

Opposition scouting.

- I think this is an area that could use some changes to make it easier to the manager to interpret. When I get my scout report on the opposition, I would like to be able to compare their attack to my defence in terms of physical stats. I need to know if their attack is taller, jumps higher, with better heading. How about breaking up a summary of their team into goalkeeper, defence, midfield and attack. Something simple like:

Keeper: David De Gea is a tall goalkeeper, but is troubled by high balls into the box, we should think about putting a player on him for set pieces. He is an excellent shot stopper so I wouldn't recommend shooting from range. His weakness appears to be stopping crosses and headed attempts at goal.

Defence: The Manchester United central defenders are not the quickest in the league, and as a result will sit deeper. Their full backs are full of pace and like to get forward, so we should think about exploiting this if we can. We will need to watch for their fullbacks overlapping their wide players.

Midfield: Manchester United possess a mixed midfield and Sir Alex Ferguson has rotated regularly so it might be difficult to assume what players will start. They possess quick wingers and skilful wingers that will look to hug the touchline and cut inside. They are excellent crossers of the ball so we should look to cut off this supply.

Attack: Manchester United possess world class strikers. Typically they have played with one striker, who sits deeper and looks to use the support of his midfield.

I would like to scout a team over a number of games, for example, one game for a quick analysis, or more for more information. This way if I choose to scout a couple of games for an oppostion I can build a heatmap on their likely positions, use data better, their players movement, passes and that sort of thing. All clubs use Opta data and these sorts of statistics to help them see what players are moving where. Their passing and movement.

I would also like to be able to show a heat map from my oppositions last few games to

Show likely player movements (based on movement)

Show likely passing directions (based on passing)

Director of Football

- I love this introduction. He takes away the mundane tasks I don’t want to have to complete as a coach, like selling off my deadwood. However, there are some fundamental changes that I would like to see introduced.

o I would love it if he started selling players immediately. Rather he waits for the transfer window

o I would prefer if I add a player to my unwanted list that when selling is not working at the moment, we look for a loan deal.

 With this I would like to be able to specify a reason he is unwanted, for example, clearing the wage bill. If I cannot get rid of him via a sale, then the next option would be to offer him out on a loan deal where a percentage of the wage is covered.

o I would like to be able to tell my DoF NOT to accept to pay a players wages after he has left the club. He sold on a reserve player for me, paying him the same wage when he left as when he was at the club. Now I’m stuck with this when the ideal for clearing out the reserves was to save money.

My Team reports.

- I would like to be able to adjust a match time slider for my heat maps. Sometimes I will change formation during a game (not uncommon during real life) or change my players mentalities. To help me understand what this is doing to the team it would be good if the heat maps and other tools available could be time specific during a period in the game. First half vs second half, for example. It would be good to see how my defenders pushed up when I told them too. How close to the touchline my wingers were when I asked them to stay out wide. Also, it would be good to show an option to tick with subs/without subs, or just select a group of individual players because at the moment they sit on top of each other on the heat map and if you’ve made three changes you end up with 14 players on there. Confusing when you’ve changed instructions, too.

The Tactics Creator.

- I think something that would be really beneficial here would be more advice from the assistant. One of the biggest frustrations in the game for people that I have noticed from reading the forums is that we/they just don’t understand what the sliders and instructions do, or how they’re interpreted in the game. Something simple like the assistant helping you formulate your tactics in the creator, offering help and advice as you’re building it, including a preferred 11. For example, recommend a formation to be based on the best starting 11 at the club action: I select it. Then tell me which players would be best suited to the positions action: I select them into place. Recommend me the best instructions for the players, based on their PPMs and their attributes, e.g., I have a winger spot, my best winger is slow but technical, so recommend that I don’t make him take people on, but hit crosses from deep. Action: I’m getting the best out of my players based on the recommendation from my assistant.

An example of how this might look is below. Excuse any technical inaccuracies, but this is just a basic wire frame I’ve composed. Of course for the more seasoned professionals, this should be a configuration item, so it can be switched off if not required. So a similar approach to the tactics creator.

KEWsp.png

Perhaps when the assistant recommends me a formation (they do this when you take over a club), they can then help me select the best 11 for it and help with instructions as we go along in the creation of my tactic. After all, this is for the players I have.

LPDVV.png

More help from the assistant. Helping me with options.

QdqQn.png

Set pieces

- I think this is one area where we don’t have as much control as we should have. There’s no option for shooting, I guess this is up to the players. There’s no option to create routines for set pieces. I don’t want to just pump it into the best header. I might want to create a set piece to out-fox the opposition, but I can’t. It’s all down to what my players do, which is either pass short or pump it into the box.

Badges/coaching.

- Introduce a badges/coaches element to the game. Have this as a manager profile default. For example, when you create a new game, allow the user to set that they have all, some or none based on their experience. Someone like wwfan would say he has all badges, so no in-game training would be required and no assistance would be needed in the TC. But if I selected I was an ex-professional with no experience, during the pre-season I would be taken through a guided training session of how the tactics work, what instructions do what, when and how to use shouts and formations and player instructions. How to set up training to get the best and when to change it, pre/during/post season. This would allow less experienced players to learn more about the game, because it has never been as realistic as it has until now. Finally you need to know what you’re doing to a degree. Some help would reduce complaints on the forums. Even something like a quiz to pass your badges, for example, you could be asked some scenario based questions like: ‘your assistant manager has told you that you’re being overrun in midfield, how would you combat this? With three possible answers to choose from. It would help players understand how to use the shouts more affectively, how to change the strategy and philosophies during the game and at the very extreme end, how to adjust your formations and individual instructions for players. Another example, Rooney is looking like he is not used to playing such a direct game today. What would you do?

That's all for now, I'm sure there are other things that might come to my mind. I do love the depth of this game, it's spot on. Keep up the good work, SI :)

The media side still needs improvement why can we still not interact with national team managers about injuries to our players or pointless friendlies? When we try to wind up other managers or make comments I we need better comments to make instead of "I wouldn't have placed so and so on the list" or "The way so and so manages the club by getting staff to do more" When do managers say that when having a go at another manager??

How about when players speak out against the club an option to comment on this and speak with the player including fines for the players for breaching club rules etc..

Also great that we can now comment on players called up or excluded from national teams but how about being able to do this for our own players when they are called up or excluded??

I'd like to see the introduction of job interviews. Not many managers get offered a job without some form of communication with the club. It would be nice to say what you're aims are, how you intend to work etc. The board could then decide if you're what they are after.

Archived