What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's fine just love my Idea being Ignored considering this is an SI forum I should Expect none the less carry on taking on less important ideas to improve the game

It's not ignored, this isn't really a discussion thread, if you want to talk about your idea then open a specific thread for it.

SI staff read every post in this thread, they don't respond unless they want clarification, if they think an idea is good it gets added to their "possible" list.

1) Managers should be able to select a penalty taker after the kick is awarded.

yes, thats what i wanted to write about... small thing, but makes a difference if for example my striker is fighting for top goalscorer, but has poor penalties, and i lead 2:0 and get a penalty 80-90 min...

and what i thought about just now, even searched this thread for this, but no one mentioned it i think...

I think some kind of value graph for player would be a nice addition... how his value changed over the years since first playable season/first professional contract (newgens)

I think one of my biggest wishes would be Ass Managers who actually give sensible feedback before the games and during them .

To tell me i should try and lift the spirits of my team to get us out of a bad run when we have won 5 and drawn 4 of our last 10 games is beyond belief WWDDLDWDWW

Then telling me during a match to close down a player who is already on tight marking , force onto weaker foot , hard tackling is a waste of time

Another thing i just thought of :- Players keeping the ball in play more often and keeping the pressure on the opposition . It really annoys me when they constantly let it roll out for a throw in .

Goalies picking up the ball instead of leting it roll over the line for a goal kick . In reality they are much better at throwing the ball out to a player or kicking it upfield out of their hands than taking goal kicks and most real goalies will often keep it in play just to do that rather than constantly taking a goal kick .

A really petty suggestion. In Cup Semi Final or Finals played at Wembley it's a neutral ground but whichever teams name appears first seems to be the home team by way of noise from the fans. Recently played an FA Cup Semi Final as West Ham against Bristol City and as West Ham were the second name on the scorecard it seemed like I only had few fans there. Make it neutral SI and a cauldron of noise!!!!!

for team talks, can choose to remind players about previous defeat to the club we are facing. for example: lets take man utd losing to man city 1-6 at home so in the return fixture, remind the team about the defeat and probably to avenge for that defeat especially if it is crucial in the title run-in. probably a line like "remember how they humiliated us at home. time for some payback" or something like that. this might have an effect on the players to spur them even further.

• SI Staff
Would be great if it was possible to fine players when they talk about team affairs to the media. That is an option i've always wanted to have in FM.

Hello ,

I share that point of view. Would be interesting too to have sanction about players giving injury to other players on training pitch.

At all, all of these could be under "non professional behavior". And it would be great if a player after a while reacts to this kind of sanction by turning is mentality (hidden attribute professionalism at least) to something more professionnal.

I'd see it as a player career management.

I admit it could be hard to transpose in game. But it's a wish list here, isn't it?;)

Regards

Hi... i would like to see better ME, but i doubt about this because ...they still work on fm 2013...and they cant finnish it...so my biggest wishes are:

1. better ME

2. fixed bugs

I would like to see also...maybe, choosing sponsors, set prices of tickets, take loan from bank,have a fans day, open doors, media day, to have meeting with players in restaurant, park...to relax, and for cohesion...

In game i would like to see option with ball... and without (because I want to play examp. 4-4-2 without ball but when i have the ball this change to 2-5-4, but you can to it with arrows or runs...

Hi... i would like to see better ME, but i doubt about this because ...they still work on fm 2013...and they cant finnish it...so my biggest wishes are:

1. better ME

2. fixed bugs

I would like to see also...maybe, choosing sponsors, set prices of tickets, take loan from bank,have a fans day, open doors, media day, to have meeting with players in restaurant, park...to relax, and for cohesion...

In game i would like to see option with ball... and without (because I want to play examp. 4-4-2 without ball but when i have the ball this change to 2-5-4, but you can to it with arrows or runs...

1: This is happening.

2: What does this actually add to the game? What are the benefits in seeing your players in a restaurant?

1. better ME

2. fixed bugs

You think a manager sets the price of tickets? chooses sponsors? takes a loan from a bank?! you want to take players out to a restaurant? or to the park? ... I feel you may want Sims3.

With the ball and without the ball went out the window back in championship manager days a long while back, it's a lot more fluid than that... formation is just a basic shape, you then mould the tactic with instructions.. ie you make a 532 into a 352 by allowing your fullbacks to play with a higher mentality and with more freedom, which you can clearly see in the ME.

easier to access individual intructions. now you gotta click player instructions, then click a button to show player instructions, then change them, all of this could be implemented on the main screen easier, like maybe right click player name icon would open up a menu for individual insructions or something that doesnt take away from main screen

like I said before (and call me maniac if you wish :D) I would love to see some kind of picture of my big-ass state of the badass stadium :D what it brings to the game some might ask? honestly dont know, but it would scratch my ego! and make me feel proud just looking at it. yeah!!!

When playing your last game at home of the season, would be nice if any players who are leaving/retiring got a mention in the commentary, if you sub them off they get a standing ovation and things like that

Just played my final league game with 4 players in the side who were leaving, 2 on free transfers, 1 contract expiring and the other retiring. 2 got goals and no mention it would be their last at the home ground

I like this idea. I had Ibrahimovic and Beckham retire on mine at my club and bought them on for cameo appearances in the final game of the season. Then the game ended and it felt null. There was nothing. Some form of interaction, a chat with the player after the game to say thanks for their commitment to the club or something to build relationships to encourage them with a potential future role or something. Would just be a nice, personal touch.

You think a manager sets the price of tickets? chooses sponsors? takes a loan from a bank?! you want to take players out to a restaurant? or to the park? ... I feel you may want Sims3.

With the ball and without the ball went out the window back in championship manager days a long while back, it's a lot more fluid than that... formation is just a basic shape, you then mould the tactic with instructions.. ie you make a 532 into a 352 by allowing your fullbacks to play with a higher mentality and with more freedom, which you can clearly see in the ME.

Yes you can everything said...but i can not see that intellegence in pitch, or in the game, because players run away from ball, and so on..read the bug thread...

1: This is happening.

2: What does this actually add to the game? What are the benefits in seeing your players in a restaurant?

Where is this happening? do you see this in 2.5 months after game release and has minor bugs? No!!!! You have bigg bugs, and in patces they fixed one, ignore other, or fixed one but then this lead to another(exampl. 1 was little goal and shots, then they fix thi but then was too many shots and goals)... where do you see that the engine is better? i say after 2.5 months after we pay them for game that isnt finnish?

This suggestion is of little importance, so there is little reason for SI to act on it, but I would really like to see a list of people who have been at my club in the game, sorted by the amoun of games they have played for the club. Just now you can only see who has played the most out of your players that season in the records screen, or those included in your all-time best XI, but it tends to make some wacky choices. For some reason my current obsession in is to have players set records for appearances, but as the level of player at my club improves it is nigh on impossible because players become not good enough within a year or two.

Would only add like 0.1% to the game though.

It does have a worth. Having a short-term contract on a low wage will make you easier to sack, as the board will be more reluctant to pay the compo on a long term deal.

(supposedly)

I never said anything about length of the contract.

I was just talking about the pay.

It does have a worth. Having a short-term contract on a low wage (edit - or any combo of the two) will make you easier to sack, as the board will be more reluctant to pay the compo on a long term deal.

(supposedly)

I never said anything about length of the contract.

I was just talking about the pay.

I wouldn't have thought the above edit would be necessary. Think about it. The compo they need to pay to sack you is what is still left on your contract. Time left and salary are the two factors. 1 year at 1 million per year, or 2 years at 500,000 a year, they will need to pay the same compo. So even if we don't say anything about the length of contract, negotiating your pay lower makes you easier to sack. Doing the opposite makes you harder to hire to other clubs, as they need to pay your club more for you. Its a balancing game. Personally I'm confident enough about not getting sacked to always negotiate short deals on low wages, but others might not be.

any way my point that I came here to make is that FM seems to be really hard this year and I think that its about time difficulty settings were added with the current level of difficulty being medium and then something easier for the less advanced manager and hard difficulty for the top level manager.The majority of games have them so it shows that it works.

any way my point that I came here to make is that FM seems to be really hard this year and I think that its about time difficulty settings were added with the current level of difficulty being medium and then something easier for the less advanced manager and hard difficulty for the top level manager.The majority of games have them so it shows that it works.

Bad idea. The fact that everyones achievements come from the same base game is something that should never change. What good is discussing a player with someone who had him playing superbly on an easier difficulty?

In any case there is a difficulty level - it's what team you choose to manage. Every team is different in expectations, money, stature, and player ability. There's your difficulty level right there.

Bad idea. The fact that everyones achievements come from the same base game is something that should never change. What good is discussing a player with someone who had him playing superbly on an easier difficulty?

In any case there is a difficulty level - it's what team you choose to manage. Every team is different in expectations, money, stature, and player ability. There's your difficulty level right there.

The starting reputation functions like a difficulty level too. It is easier if you are an ex-international, as players listen to you more

It's very hard to implement dificulty levels in a simulation game without taking away the realism that a simulation MUST have, and i hope SI will never go down that path.

for future FMs to come with all the graphics like player photos, logos etc. i know currently there are for some leagues but it would be helpful to have all the graphics available so we can spend time playing than searching for the nicest facepacks etc.

Two simple things really.

1. Being able to complain of your own players exclusion from his International team. I.E. As Newcastle manager I wanted to support Hatem Ben Arfa's claim for International selection but could not. Another way would be to be able to criticise the International managers squad selection, but I could not see a "Talk to Press" option on either the manager or the team itself.

2. One things I have noticed since becoming England manager. It would be nice to be able to tell a player that he needs to get more first team football if he wants to be considered for International selection.

for future FMs to come with all the graphics like player photos, logos etc. i know currently there are for some leagues but it would be helpful to have all the graphics available so we can spend time playing than searching for the nicest facepacks etc.

This isn't left out due to laziness, it is probably due to the cost of licensing. I imagine that buying those rights for the EPL for example would be huge. I would much rather pay < £30 for a game without all pictures, rather than pay lots more for a game with all pictures, due to them recouping the licensing expenses.

Just be grateful that they have made the game skinnable via XML so that you can put in unlicensed graphics, there is no obligation for them to do so!

I just have a few ideas I want to get out of my head. Some may already being looked into.

An Editor Revamp, I'm not saying change it completely, I want more options. The main ones are all-star games, more stadium requirement options (undersoil heating is a must, seating percentage and required capacity would be useful), an option in cup matches to have the lower division team play at home, Turkish and Danish prize money systems, apertura and clausetura leagues, option for host nations to automatically qualify for a tournament and a bidding process. On continental rules, a way to make the qualification dynamic with coefficients as well as coefficients effecting the draw etc. and being able to make sure teams from the same nation can't meet in certain rounds.

On that note, I'd like to see continental qualification dynamic in all continents, not just Europe and Africa, and think AFC Rankings should be put in for sure.

On a different topic to the Editor, I'd like to see a few more things:

A new goalkeeping attribute, I for one don't know how to spot a good penalty saving goalkeeper, but a new attribute called penalty saving would solve that.

A minor display adjustment, I've liked the reasons for someone being on your favoured personnel and your rivals but it hasn't happened for national teams and that would be useful.

Those are all I can think of now but I'm sure more will come.

someone mentioned this several pages back, and I'd like to cosign on "dynamic rivalries." It would be fantastic to for the game to recognize the enmity that has surely built up between Manchester City supporters and supporters of my Southampton squad that has been a thorn in their side and trumped them to several titles and trophies over the past decades.

ONE FOR SI !!!!!

I feel it would be a really good idea to add something extra to the contract negotians which i imagine they have in real life.

For example i am West Ham and i was in a war to sign Tom Ince with QPR.

He choose QPR in the end despite them finishing 1 Place of relgation last season ( In my save )

He chose QPR for the extra 6k PW wages !!!! now if i could of sad something like " we are aiming for eurpoean qualification this season " he would see the prospect of eurpean football which may of changed his mind !!!!!!

This would be very benefical to lower league teams with lesser rep that are tring to sign emerging players to play 1st team now on a bit less wages as opposed to joing United,City,Chelsea etc to be a bit part player and maybe one for the future ???

Other suggestions could be -

I see you as being my starting * enter postion *

You signing would push us towards expanding our reputation

I see you as a player who can lead this club to glory

You will be my capatin

etc . . .

What do you guys reckon ???

PS - this should not be compulsary but there as an extra option to get the extra lure.

Any feedback or further info wanted please message me cheers

ONE FOR SI !!!!!

I feel it would be a really good idea to add something extra to the contract negotians which i imagine they have in real life.

For example i am West Ham and i was in a war to sign Tom Ince with QPR.

He choose QPR in the end despite them finishing 1 Place of relgation last season ( In my save )

He chose QPR for the extra 6k PW wages !!!! now if i could of sad something like " we are aiming for eurpoean qualification this season " he would see the prospect of eurpean football which may of changed his mind !!!!!!

This would be very benefical to lower league teams with lesser rep that are tring to sign emerging players to play 1st team now on a bit less wages as opposed to joing United,City,Chelsea etc to be a bit part player and maybe one for the future ???

Other suggestions could be -

I see you as being my starting * enter postion *

You signing would push us towards expanding our reputation

I see you as a player who can lead this club to glory

You will be my capatin

etc . . .

What do you guys reckon ???

PS - this should not be compulsary but there as an extra option to get the extra lure.

Any feedback or further info wanted please message me cheers

Very very good idea. I hope it's implemented next year.

ONE FOR SI !!!!!

I'm pretty sure they are all here for SI, why is yours any more special?

I agree it would be a good idea in some cases, but, as you yourself say, it certainly shouldn't be a failsafe - see Loic Remy

How about keeping a small list of road names, boroughs, or nearby areas of a clubs city for each club. That way when a new stadium is built it might take on the name of a nearby road or area. So, for instance rather than Chelsea Stadium, you get Kings Road Arena (or something).

Something fairly minor, but might be a nice touch.

How about keeping a small list of road names, boroughs, or nearby areas of a clubs city for each club. That way when a new stadium is built it might take on the name of a nearby road or area. So, for instance rather than Chelsea Stadium, you get Kings Road Arena (or something).

Something fairly minor, but might be a nice touch.

Very good idea indeed, but discussed at huge length in another thread beginning years ago. So far SI seem to not care...

Is it possible that fixtures could be sorted out?

Having 5 or so away games and then 5 or so homes games is really really annoying.

Could the better teams like Man U, Man City, etc be more consistent too, I'm an Arsenal fan, Arsenal manager, and these teams rarely get close, there's a lack a competitiveness to them. For e.g. I beat Man City 6-0 in the first season!

In order to make the game even more realistic SI should do something regarding FairPlay.

It seems that all the teams follow the rules of FairPlay and always put the ball out for an opponent player to receive treatment or return the ball if the pop team has put it out for a player to be treated.

We all know in real life that is not always the case... My suggestion would be twofold:

1) Create a player attribute named 'FairPlay', it's pretty much self explanatory (I know it might be a nightmare, so suggestion no 2 can be enough)

2) Create a 'team rules for FairPlay', where the manager would be able to tell things like 'in the last 10min of a match if we are not winning don't put the ball out for an opponent player to receive treatment' (this one would make the referee to intervene, or not, and stop the match - which is much closer to real life football than what we see now in FM) or 'always put the ball out of play in one of your teammates needs assistance but not the opp players' and so on, or 'don't give them the ball back if we are loosing and desperately need a win'.

I know this kind of 'thinking' and 'attitude' is not very correct and should not happen in real life but it happens and as a simulator FM can get closer to real life by making these kind of option available to a manager.

Something else that happens in real life but can't do it in FM are goalkeepers wasting so much time in taking goal kicks that they actually receive a yellow card. In FM if you increase your 'time wasting' bar the goalkeeper will take longer to take the goal kick but never to the point of receiving a warning or a yellow card from the referee (which happens often in real life football).

Archived