What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like Scouts to do a better job of ensuring they scout all players that qualify for their scouting assignment before scouting a player previously scouted within a user specified number of days.

Its great that I've learned for the 12th time in 3 months how my scouts feel about player X but not at the expense of failing to scout some players for the first time.

full customisable tactics eg when i use the 4-1-2-3 (with a dm and amr +aml) the two central midfielders ar two narrow rather then having this http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559825079544992090 i'd prefer something like this http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559825079545005845 only with the mc(in this case rodwell) in the dm slot

Player talks: if concerned because I'm transfer listing or offered to clubs, tell him he's not going to play enough with me. (Though it may be in, it's ages since last I talked to someone with this issue).

If concerned for too much competition after signing new players with more then one available positions "don't worry, those players aren't taking your position".

(I'm happy to see no expending the manager's money in anything,btw).

A couple of things:

1 - when taking charge of a new club or just at the start of the game I think it should be mandatory to have a team meeting much like you are invited to meet your staff. Naturally this would need to be tweaked towards more of an introduction but it would give you the chance to draw lines under some things (ie you've had a poor run but everyone's got a fresh start) and get across your thoughts ideas (along the lines of I prefer an attacking game, short passing etc) much like you get asked by the press. Obviously taking a direct boot it game into a passing club or visa versa will have an impact on the players initial thoughts.

2 - and linked to the first expectation setting. Managers have rules I.e if you get sent off and I decide an appeal is not warranted you'll get a warning, 2 in 6 months 1 weeks fine, and so on. Bad training performances.... And so on. Then obviously the game needs to recognise this I.e if you fine them for 2 sendings off or warn them for poor training etc. less professional players may argue but the interaction part then has the option to remind them they knew about it at the start of the season.

3 - and linked to what others have said. Before you start contract negotiations have the ability to add/remove non negotiable factors I.e. this club insists on a relegation wage drop clause (you might still negotiate the actual %), we will not allow a match highest wage etc.

And I'll reiterate one that I've said before but if contracts breakdown there should be a let's come back to this in a couple of days rather than it just breaking down completely AND both sides, agents/players/us managers need to be able to speak privately/publically about why. I.e. the agent might try and spin it that the club isn't interested in keeping the player, you might retort that if the agent wasn't such a greedy git it'd be fine. Naturally the way it happens will have an impact on the ongoing negotiations etc. bottom line here though is that you've got to be able to interact with the actual player about trying to get it done I.e your agent wants you to have x, I'd love to give it to you but the ceiling is lower than that. Your agent wants triple your signing on bonus etc

When two (or more) clubs get their transfer offer for the player accepted, and when player agrees to two (or more) contract offers from clubs, if his top preffered club cancels out transfer on the transfer confirm screen, he should automatically accept and go to his second preffered team, and not like it is now that every transfer offer is canceled and clubs have to make offer again.

Also, as a realism-obsessed FM player, I think it would be GREAT to be able to add, remove or edit names from the name pool for newgens via the game editor. This could be made in CM01/02, but don't know why the developers didn't include the option on later versions.

Also, it would be very fine to be able to set some names for specific local regions (like Catalan or Basque names in Spain, for example) or for specific ethnicities (for example, I've seen some White South African newgens with Zulu names, which isn't realistic at all).

yea and any u18 player you sign, why dont they automatically play for the u18's

and can they stop demanding 1st team football? they will get that more often in a couple of seasons.

and the stupid stacking of goals, one team misses many chance, while other belts in every long shot is unrealistic especially from DM

I love to play with as many leagues as possible so doing something which would raise the limit before you get the player database size warning would be awesome. As it stands I seem to get about 10 years in and the game hits a point where it dies on me. I'm assuming it's because the db has just gotten way to big so anything that would improve that would be great.

2 - and linked to the first expectation setting. Managers have rules I.e if you get sent off and I decide an appeal is not warranted you'll get a warning, 2 in 6 months 1 weeks fine, and so on. Bad training performances.... And so on. Then obviously the game needs to recognise this I.e if you fine them for 2 sendings off or warn them for poor training etc. less professional players may argue but the interaction part then has the option to remind them they knew about it at the start of the season.

Fantastic idea. You should get an initial team meeting with the squad when you take over, where you have the ability to outline how you want to play, your expectations and of course ground rules. Some players may object or not buy into your theories the same way others might.

Then of course you get the chance to set out things such as warnings, fines etc.

And I'll reiterate one that I've said before but if contracts breakdown there should be a let's come back to this in a couple of days rather than it just breaking down completely AND both sides, agents/players/us managers need to be able to speak privately/publically about why. I.e. the agent might try and spin it that the club isn't interested in keeping the player, you might retort that if the agent wasn't such a greedy git it'd be fine. Naturally the way it happens will have an impact on the ongoing negotiations etc. bottom line here though is that you've got to be able to interact with the actual player about trying to get it done I.e your agent wants you to have x, I'd love to give it to you but the ceiling is lower than that. Your agent wants triple your signing on bonus etc

I think it should vary. If it's one or two clauses or not a huge monetary difference, it could be a case of "we're not getting anywhere, let's come back in a couple of days", but if you're clearly not going to come to an agreement closing down talks completely is fine, as is already in the game.

I would love to see a better 3d engine; the graphics looks not much better than FIFA 98. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, the well organised interface and readily accessible information sheets. However I feel a bit dumb staring at a game that looks like it's 15years old. I appreciate that a lot has happened since we were looking at circles running around a 2d field, but I believe that it's time to take graphics more seriously. I believe it would improve the game experience a lot as most of us spend at least some time watching the matches we are preparing for. Seeing our hard work come to life with silky smooth animations, ball-player interaction, and a 3d crowd cheering you on will definitively feel rewarding. It would also be nice to have more control of the camera, by being able to zoom in on players and move the camera around freely during the game (or at least during the replays). With decent graphic cards available for $100 or less, there is simply no excuse any more for not improving the 3d graphic part of the game. And if people still prefer to watch the game in 2d this option should still be available to them (but why would you;).

It's probably been mentioned on this thread but I'll mention it again if thats OK.

The option to pay for a player transfer over 48 months kills the game for me.

It's far too easy to buy 5 or 6 world beaters with a half decent budget.

It takes away a lot of the realism.

I don't sugguest getting rid of this payment method because it is part of the real world football scene afterall.

But how about implimenting some kind of penalty for using this option?

Explanation- Season one West Ham give me a 20 mil transfer budget, I sell a few players and bring in 5 superstars, spending 100 million which is completely un realistic.

But in season two, I would have 25 million deducted from my transfer budget (For this seasons payments) after it is announced/agreed at the start of the season.

Also, if the AI makes a players sale value 20 mil, the AI should also add a percentage to that value for each year you want to spread payments over. For example, a player valued at 20 million may cost 24 million over two years or 28 million over 4 years Etc.

The board should step in and prevent too many unrealistic transfers with payment over time options used.

Maybe an option to 'Not Allow Payment over time transfers' in FM could be added which a player can choose to use before startin a new save, once chosen, it can't be changed.

Adding clauses to transfers like sell on percentages, fee's paid after caps or league apps ect, is pretty useless. The AI will sell the player for the AI set value wether or not their are clauses. It shouldn't be too hard to programme it so that the AI sets a players sale value at 10 million with 20% profit from next sale clause (Or similar), therefore actually making such clauses mean something.

(These ideas should work both ways, affecting AI controlled teams who want to use the payment over time option)

I would love to see a better 3d engine; the graphics looks not much better than FIFA 98. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, the well organised interface and readily accessible information sheets. However I feel a bit dumb staring at a game that looks like it's 15years old. I appreciate that a lot has happened since we were looking at circles running around a 2d field, but I believe that it's time to take graphics more seriously. I believe it would improve the game experience a lot as most of us spend at least some time watching the matches we are preparing for. Seeing our hard work come to life with silky smooth animations, ball-player interaction, and a 3d crowd cheering you on will definitively feel rewarding. It would also be nice to have more control of the camera, by being able to zoom in on players and move the camera around freely during the game (or at least during the replays). With decent graphic cards available for $100 or less, there is simply no excuse any more for not improving the 3d graphic part of the game. And if people still prefer to watch the game in 2d this option should still be available to them (but why would you;).

i agree that i'd like to see an improved engine... the issue is that the engine is just a representation of whats being processed and its hard to thread together all that info into a coherent match on screen as is

the engine we have now is by far the best ever seen in a management game...

if you see better graphics in other games i can guarantee it will get repetitive within 3 minutes

I would appreciate some random occasions like birth of a son of a player, maybe. I also would like to put my son into game or club and see how we would interact, like in many clubs it is. E.g. Vladimir Weiss. And some random occasions - fans that ripped the seats out from the stadium, fees for the fighting fans. ANything making the game more interesting. I think it would be much more real, if there would be a random occasion of any kind, that would influence the gameplay - not very much, just a little.

And as usual, I want better AI handling and patience with talents. Too often do AI teams let players with great PA rot in the reserves and eventually sell them to a random scottish team. Too often do AI teams transfer list 18-19 year old players in their youth teams. Do they really do that in real life? I bet they have more patience.

SCOUTING

When I get a scout report back, and I see that the player has no intention of joining the club, the scout seems to take that as a sign to not both with a good report....I'd still like to know about the player, because Ive just had a player now who wasn't interested in joining me, but due to the financial package I could offer, he joined my team. But he did so with me knowing very little about him even though he was well scouted. I'd especially like to know if he is injury prone or not, but this scout report was very vague, and it has happened before, but always only when the player is not interested. I think this needs to be sorted, unless there is a reason that this occurs which I am missing....?

When going into a board meeting, the abillity to say how you want to expand your scouting range.

For example, I'm Tranmere in L1 about five seasons in, and just have the ability to scout the home nations. I want to be able to scout France, as I know there will be some good regens floating around on frees. But if I request the scouting range be increased, I'm basically asking to be able to scout all of Europe, which is going to be out of the club's financial capabilities.

Why can't I say "I think we should be able to extend our scouting range slightly into France?"

Most likely been said many times but here we go....

Never really bothered me previously but how about the option to get your own agent like the players do. Basically my opinion on agents changed on my current save. In previous saves ive never had a problem when It comes to applying or moving to a new club. I simply apply for jobs I know I have a fairly good chances of landing and are an improvement on the club im currently at. Sometimes this disappoints the fans and board etc but they always understand as im going to a bigger rep club.

But on my current MLS save everytime i apply for a job the board go utterly crazy telling me I have the choice of quiting my job or apologising. 3 times its happened now and ive had to do something I utterly hate and never do when it comes to FM and thats re-load a save. Always seems very over the top as i've won multiple trophies,leagues and even the North American Champions League with Seattle in a short time. The clubs rep is much smaller than those ive applied for. Those being struggling Aston Villa & Sunderland + mega rich PSG (for a laugh). On all occassions ive been linked with the club in the media as a potential next manager (apart from PSG obviously) yet when ive applied the board going mental and basically say quit and leave the club or apologies and stay but you'll be a wimpy little girl. They also say its because ive gone public with my choice to apply. Yet ive never seen an option to make applying for jobs public or in private?

Really puzzles me as its never happened before when ive applied for jobs. This is why I feel maybe having an agent of your own may help. Yes many people dont take there own wages seriously on the game as they technically use it as a way to minorly help the clubs finacial situation by accepting lowest possible. I however play the game as a manager sim and want it as real as possible so maybe having an agent try an get me a better deal could be interesting as well as other incentives and bonus clauses?

Then further more, I may be totally happy in my job like I am currently in my save with Seattle but that does not mean a move to a big league like the English Premier League wouldnt interest me and I could tell my agent to see what the chances or interest in my services would be for a certain club.

For example is Aston Villa are struggling and or even sacked there manager I could get my agent to see and then give me his opinion on whether theres much point me applying for that job. It would save me annoying my current teams board when really id be wasting my time applying for that job anyway. Similar to real life. Fair enough if your manager of halifax you know there isnt much point applying for the Chelsea job etc....but in some cases like me with Seattle its tricky to guage whether first of all id even be considered (even if linked with a club by media does not always tally up id be considered) and 2nd whether its going to really anger my board and lose me my job applying.

Obviously like real life if your agent advisors you to go for it, its not always a stone wall "youll get the job" as that be too easy but just think it would be interesting using an agent to help.

Im truly fed up as it does not seem to matter how much success I have with Seattle I cant apply for a job without them sacking me basically as a result. In real life managers agents are in constant dialogue with the people that matter and can give you a good idea if you'd atleast be considered or a candidate for the job your applying for. This could lead on to a suggestion made by others in this thread or actually being interviewed when going for a new job.

Lots of us like to update our databases setting real life transfers as future transfers for FM purposes (i.e., setting Robin van Persie on a future transfer to Man Utd on 1.7.2012 instead of putting him directly in his new team with the editor). However this is impossible to do with loaned players, so I think a "Future Loan" option in the editor, similar to "Future Transfer", would be great.

As said in this post in the editor forum. Hopefully it doesn't get buried here in this thread.

The FM10 editor was a fantastic addition to the game series and has enabled many people to add new leagues and cups to their games very easily. However I personally feel that the editor has stagnated a little bit recently, because new features have in my opinion not been very useful (for example the international rules section, which is pretty much the bare bones) and the advanced editor has been repeatedly removed.

As somebody who just loves to tinker with the game I would love for the following changes to be made.

Template league xml files: What I mean by this is that certain leagues exhibit characteristics which are far beyond the capabilities of the normal editor. I think it would be wonderful if when adding a new league you had the option to choose from a few basic templates. Like the ones below:

Apertura/Clausura structures: Just a winter league and summer league setup would be wonderful

A playoff system like the MLS where teams are in different conferences but play all other teams in the league

Average point based relegation systems. Again, this would be lovely for South American leagues as they have been sadly neglected by editors due to the reduced functionlity of the FM editor related to real life.

A league with a playoff system like the football league, which at the moment is not possible.

An NASL type structure where teams are rewarded for scoring goals and matches are decided in shootouts.

The ability to set points available for draws and defeats as well as wins. And perhaps to allow matches in league systems to be settled on penalties like in the NASL.

And finally the ability to set rules changes a certain point into a competitions lifetime. If I wish for a league to have 2 points for a win for 5 years but 3 thereafter then this would be what I'd use. Perhaps even a simple "duration" checkbox could solve this problem.

Please SI, don't forget the editing community. I don't think that these suggestions would be too problematic in the terms of implementation, and there is definitely a high demand for realistic South American structures which make the original editor look a little bit clunky. I'd be happy if even 1 SI staff member posted in this thread after reading the suggestions because even though I love FM and all that it can do I feel as if these few small changes could make all the difference for my gaming experience and perhaps those of others.

I know that there is an official editor requests thread available to post in but I think that in that thread this post would just get buried, anyone else can add their own suggestions if they wish to, and hopefully this thread will get the exposure that it deserves to receive.

Ignore the terrible formatting. It's a straight copy and paste. From the following thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/314355-The-FM13-Editor-Request-Thread?p=8071900#post8071900

1.when the other teams offer a contact to my staff,I must offer him another new contact to retain him.Can you SI delete this part of game,it's really annoying.

2.can you supply a option on those retired players,which allow them to become a staff of a club or reborn with the age 15-17 and low CA random PA,when I start a new file?

As someone who never plays with real players, preferring to use the generated names, there's one thing that bugs me; although player names get changed when you untick "Use real players", the referee names stay true to their real life counterparts! It takes away from my immersion when I play a match, I would really like to see referee names get changed too when using fake players. :thup:

- Scouting screen display Scout's Judging Player Ability and Judging Player Potential attribute.

- Able to move co-own player that currently playing in another club to reserve team. In FM 2012, I unable to do that since the player is first team choice in his current club.

I think it would be very good to have Accountancy bulletins (maybe updated daily in the accounts section and/or added to the monthly Board assessment), the detail would be brief but would confirm the following kind of info:

*Club net estimated profit/loss for the current year based on Club meeting Board expectations of success

*As above but for i) worst case scenario (relegation & no cup victories), ii) best case scenario (winning league & all cups entered), ii) any revised Board expectation based on current performance.

This would help a lot at lower league levels especially where budgeting is vital.

i think the set-pieces goal is quiet more frequently than the real match,especially the corner,near post.

And the GK point gained in the match is not fair between AI and the player,sometimes AI‘s gk played so well but their score was not high enough,even lower than our gk who did nothing in the match.

Then PA problem,PA should not be a certain data but a flout one,like fifa does ,can be raised or decreased by incident or something.

Limited/special edition boxed set (at least, for FM15)!

Honestly, I'd love for SI/Sega to offer some extra goodies for me to flaunt around. Perhaps include all the ties featured on the covers? Specially designed shirt that we can have our names on and the league badge featuring the first CM/FM edition that we had? The FM book?

You know you'd all buy it.

The things I'd like to see would be..

- improved squad composition AI, including both club specific desired playstyles/attributes and manager preferences. So Barcelona & Arsenal will look for good first touch abilities and fluent play over physical strength, while Mourinho will focus both his training and purchasing on strong players with stamina, while Magath will assemble a 40+ player squad.

also, the AI making long term talent development plans

also, the AI taking player quality into regard more than just CA/PA/ratings/value --- the AI buys average players for giant prices

- a "nerf" for teamtalk effects, as currently they feel like a bit of a 'god mode' switch, where whoever you get a green response out of at HT is bound to score a goal right after, and this reduces the whole game to a rather tiring minigame

- over the years high potential youth players have become way too expensive

- make high profile loan moves like you constantly see in Serie A actually possible in the game (again)

- a winter transfer update that has the transfers actually happening in the winter, not applied to the summer

- a more fully featured editor, with fewer limitations and hard-coded things

Also, if the AI makes a players sale value 20 mil, the AI should also add a percentage to that value for each year you want to spread payments over. For example, a player valued at 20 million may cost 24 million over two years or 28 million over 4 years Etc.

When selling to the AI, the AI already understands to give you more money over time vs less money up front, and you can negotiate for whatever you prefer.

Farrows & barrows revisted: These should still be utilised as a graphical representation tool. Why not have the arrows logically adjusting the player instructions also? The problem with arrows before was silly arrows (unnatural movements), surely the game could prevent certain arrow configurations or punish by player condition penalties any overly long arrows? Really cant be undoable - can it?

Some of the BGS CM's had different coloured arrows for runs & feeds (another idea that could be utilised).

Ultimately I should like to see elliptical envelopes of movement (a totally ajustable & definable ellipse that is overlayed centred on each player individually showing their sphere or movement). How strctly a player adheres to it would of course depend on in-match circumstances & player discipline / positional awareness.

Less accountability of physical attributes in determining the performance. The game we play is not track, but soccer, please.

We all know that the physical attributes like pace and acceleration may drop down at age of 28 to 30, at which FMers would begin to sell their club stars. However, in reality, progresses in technique and mentality along with aging can somehow offset this physical decline, and keep those "old" players in a high level much longer than it is in FM game. Francisco Totti just finished a great game with two assists last week against Inter Milan at a age of 36

Archived