The Let us Laugh at England thread

Pires777

For those of us who have known all along (even in qualifiers) that this team was distinctively average, we are not particularly shocked by Englands mulering.

There hasnt been a single world class player from England since Beckham (world class being doesnt choke at the bigest stage). Rooney and all the talk up during his seaosn with United, all the media circus whenever he scored a tap in or had a little bruise...all the adverts....he has failed to deliver.

This is also the end of an era for arguably the best individual players England has had for a long long time. But i'm sure with the likes of Walcott and Michael Richards coming through, the future is quite bright :o

I must say I feel sorry for England, after all I support Arsenal (yeah yeah), but this is really funny. In some ways this reminds me of Newcastle getting relegated. It finally brought most of their clueless fans back to reality and perhaps now the English media and fans alike can see that England is just not good enough.

But back on topic, this is a thread for English and Non-English fans to come laugh at their team and players. Would be disrespectful to go in the England thread and troll, so why not do it here.

I'll start it off

493.gif

:(

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:Dgiuy

I loved it as every German goal went in, the whole room of us celebrating like mad. :D Brilliant stuff. I feel for the fans though but you should blame the media/commentators/etc for us wanting England to be absolutely hammered!

Scotland and Wales couldn't even qualify...

but we don't big ourselves up to be the greatest nation ever to grace a football field and then call this world cup ''the time for our golden generation'', ''rooney's cup'' etc etc :D

but we don't big ourselves up to be the greatest nation ever to grace a football field and then call this world cup ''the time for our golden generation'', ''rooney's cup'' etc etc :D

True.

But I don't ever recall saying such words myself. But then I am not passionate about England, I prefer club football

Unlucky, the next 'golden generation' will be along soon....

Was just watching the reaction on BBC News 24, female reporter "man for man we are better than them"

now lets see

James v Neuer - Neuer wins

Johnson v Lahm - Lahm wins

Cole v Boateng - Draw/Cole just edges it

Terry v Mertesacker - Mertesacker wins

Upson v Friedrich - Friedrich wins

Barry v Khedira - Khedira wins

Lampard v Schweinsteiger - Schweinsteiger wins

Gerrard v Ozil - Ozil wins

Milner v Poldolski - Poldolski wins

Rooney v Klose - Klose wins

Defoe v Muller - Muller wins

:D

let's all laugh at when scotland drew 0-0 with the faroe islands hahahaha

only joking

this thread is funny though

i prefer club football and i'm still uber excited about our new season !

Lets all laugh when that ball went over the line. :D

I was annoyed when that happened to England but if that happened to Leeds I might go insane :D

me too i get more irrate at leeds games than england games

It was 1-1 and then 2-2 (yes, it's happened twice). At least get it right if you're going to laugh at Scotland. ;)

oops oh well, lol

Was just watching the reaction on BBC News 24, female reporter "man for man we are better than them"

now lets see

James v Neuer - Neuer wins

Johnson v Lahm - Lahm wins

Cole v Boateng - Draw/Cole just edges it

Terry v Mertesacker - Mertesacker wins

Upson v Friedrich - Friedrich wins

Barry v Khedira - Khedira wins

Lampard v Schweinsteiger - Schweinsteiger wins

Gerrard v Ozil - Ozil wins

Milner v Poldolski - Poldolski wins

Rooney v Klose - Klose wins

Defoe v Muller - Muller wins

:D

Clearly having a laugh by saying Cole 'edges' it.

It's funny, but would be a lot funnier if you hadn't lost last night.

Yeah, I am well aware of the irony. Still, I linked the image for the newspaper headline not Donovan/Howard. Plus this is the laugh at England thread, not the nuanced and objective analysis thread heh.

Archived