The Let us Laugh at England thread

Pires777

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just watching the reaction on BBC News 24, female reporter "man for man we are better than them"

now lets see

James v Neuer - Neuer wins

Johnson v Lahm - Lahm wins

Cole v Boateng - Draw/Cole just edges it

Terry v Mertesacker - Mertesacker wins

Upson v Friedrich - Friedrich wins

Barry v Khedira - Khedira wins

Lampard v Schweinsteiger - Schweinsteiger wins

Gerrard v Ozil - Ozil wins

Milner v Poldolski - Poldolski wins

Rooney v Klose - Klose wins

Defoe v Muller - Muller wins

:D

that's one of the most moronic posts I've ever seen. WP

I'd maybe take Friedrich, Lahm and Muller. But that's it

Nah.

James > Neuer

Johnson < Lahm

Terry > Mertesacker

Upson < Friedrich

Cole > Boateng

Barry = Khedira

Lampard < Bastian

Milner < Muller

Gerrard = Ozil

Defoe < Podolski

Rooney < Klose (Internationally)

So about half and half.

edit; Actually it's nothing like that. Anyway, point is Germany are better than us man for man (based on the WC and other assorted international performances. I can't judge the Germans on club form)

If you're going off international form then maybe, but club form I'd take 3 possibly 4 Germans maximum

I don't remember seeing english players in this year's CL final. I do remember there being a german club, with a few german players. How much do you follow bundesliga? Are you sure you are able to asses in what form German players are in their clubs?

I know that Klose only scored 6 goals and that Podolski did even worse than that.

So to say Klose > Rooney is really quite unfathomable.

Yes, Bayern reached the CL final. That does not make them better than Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and the like though.

You cannot argue with the club form of England's players (apart from Gerrard, Johnson and Upson this season)

Lampard is better than Bastian IMO, it was just a much more polished, sensible and composed performance on the day by the German...Lampard just like the others let themselves down pitifully with their allround performance.

I don't want to laugh @ England but I have to say i'm appalled...no matter who is the manager they seem to find problems and don't want to play for the manager. Sven=too light, Fabio=too hard, McLaren=we won't respect him because of his rep. It seems to me this Golden Generation " ..." really couldn't co-exist unless they have the perfect manager. I am very disapointed they couldn't perform with a little more freedom and zip even if they found the set up difficult.

I know that Klose only scored 6 goals and that Podolski did even worse than that.

So to say Klose > Rooney is really quite unfathomable.

I agree on that. Neither Klose or Poldi had great form this season. I don't think either of them was really brilliant this tournament. Klose's movement is very good, but he's been missing quite a few chances. Poldi as well.

Yes, Bayern reached the CL final. That does not make them better than Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and the like though.

It doesn't?? Despite them beating Man Utd on the way? Hmmm, strange. Also man utd lost more games this season than last three, chelsea also lost quite a few games too.

Anyway Arsenal had no players featured yesterday, and only one United's player featured. So we are left with a few chelsea players.

You cannot argue with the club form of England's players (apart from Gerrard, Johnson and Upson this season)

Really what's the last goal rooney scored? If I remember correctly, it was against Bayern away... It's been quite a long time, surely he hasn't been in form last few months?

I didn't ask about england's player form, I asked about german's. You mentioned Klose and Podolski, what about the likes of schweinsteiger, khedira, lahm, oezil, mueller, who (as I hear from those more knowledgable in german football than me) demonstrated excellent form and ability this season.

If I were a german and going off club form, playing style and actuall ability I might consider three or four english-men. Probably terry and cole (germans are a bit suspect in defense) and maybe rooney.

It is incredible how much you guys overrate one-dimensional or average players such as lennon, milner, barry, johnson etc.

There is nothing more cringeworthy than hearing our "expert" pundits such as Mark Bright claim that he would take "no-one" man for man from the Germany side.

Even before yesterday you would take Lahm, Ozil, Mertesacker and Khedira in a heartbeat, whilst also easily being able to make genuine cases for everybody else with the exception of Boateng.

I've not read any posts bar the OP so I could be saying exactly what somebody else said.

Before the World Cup even began I said to all my mates that we will get knocked out by any half decent team (not calling Germany half decent) and that we were very overrated, they then slated me for not having faith and PASSION :rolleyes: to which I then had to spend about 20 minutes explaining that PASSION!!!!!! is ******** and its an excuse that English people fall back on when they do ****.

I also said all along that Robinson should of been called up for Green which they also said was terrible, he then cocks up big style and they all start calling him terrible and that they should of called up somebody else, cue me acting smug. When we qualified and got Germany I said we would get slaughtered (I was half expecting Serbia to beat us if they got through) and they again slated me for having no PASSION!!!!. When they did indeed slaughter us I once again had to just rub it in their faces that we are actually **** and so very overrated by the media.

Honestly cant understand how anybody expected us to win the world cup with such an average squad, still think Walcott should of gone over SWP

Typed out a post then realised wtf am I doing even coming into this thread. Posts deleted, i'll leave you all too it.

Having just read your original post, I fully support your decision to change your mind and delete it. :thup:

because players play the majority of their games for their clubs. You should judge how good they are based on those performances

It's actually one of Jogi Loew's most shining traits as a manager that he never followed that narrow minded logic.

I'll remember to open a post when Scotland and/or Wales fail to qualify for the Euros or the next World Cup, and then watch it get closed for trying to cause trouble. :)

People keep bringing up the arrogance of English fans, with the exception of the odd few, you are incorrect.

I'm starting to believe that smallmind or smallclone or whatever his name is has a point about England and the media.

Fixed for you.

The majority of Scots I know moan about how the media keep going on about 1966, yet when did you last hear an England FAN talk about it? Yet in the same breath these Scottish fans go on about '67 when they became "World Champions" because they beat England in a friendly. So who is really the more delusional FANS?

I can't believe a mod has allowed this to stay open tbh

Why? If it was posted in the England thread it would be trolling. You can see what sort of thread this is from the title. Not doing any real harm IMO.

Why? If it was posted in the England thread it would be trolling. You can see what sort of thread this is from the title. Not doing any real harm IMO.

So when there are 100's of threads that are opened up when the premiership season starts

'Lets laugh at Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool' etc etc after a bad result, you as a mod, are going to be ok with that?

You have opened a can of worms.

The majority of Scots I know moan about how the media keep going on about 1966, yet when did you last hear an England FAN talk about it? Yet in the same breath these Scottish fans go on about '67 when they became "World Champions" because they beat England in a friendly. So who is really the more delusional FANS?

I've never heard a Scottish fan go on about 1967. I expect that any who do are saying it jokingly. It's just banter between 2 sets of fans, nothing to do with being delusional.

Wales World Cup 'record' copied from Wikipedia

Brazil 1950 Did not qualify

Switzerland 1954 Did not qualify

Sweden 1958 Quarter-finals

Chile 1962 Did not qualify

England 1966 Did not qualify

Mexico 1970 Did not qualify

West Germany 1974 Did not qualify

Argentina 1978 Did not qualify

Spain 1982 Did not qualify

Mexico 1986 Did not qualify

Italy 1990 Did not qualify

United States 1994 Did not qualify

France 1998 Did not qualify

South KoreaJapan 2002 Did not qualify

Germany 2006 Did not qualify

South Africa 2010 Did not qualify

Yeah, England just so laughable :D

Luxembourg's World Cup 'record' copied from Wikipedia

Italy 1934 Did not qualify

France 1938 Did not qualify

Brazil 1950 Did not qualify

Switzerland 1954 Did not qualify

Sweden 1958 Did not qualify

Chile 1962 Did not qualify

England 1966 Did not qualify

Mexico 1970 Did not qualify

West Germany 1974 Did not qualify

Argentina 1978 Did not qualify

Spain 1982 Did not qualify

Mexico 1986 Did not qualify

Italy 1990 Did not qualify

United States 1994 Did not qualify

France 1998 Did not qualify

South Korea/Japan 2002 Did not qualify

Germany 2006 Did not qualify

South Africa 2010 Did not qualify

This is a fun game :thup:

So when there are 100's of threads that are opened up when the premiership season starts

'Lets laugh at Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool' etc etc after a bad result, you as a mod, are going to be ok with that?

Just bookmark this as a reminder for next season when Arsenal win nowt again then open up your own thread for Pires :)

Guest roberto922

And if this thread is anything to go by the standard response would be 'omg you can't laugh at us doing crap, at least we're in the Prem unlike Coventry!!!!11!!!'

The Germans can laugh at England, the English can laugh at ourselves, any nation that has ever played well at a World Cup can laugh at England because we are ****.

Jock, Taff and Paddy can't laugh at England, but I suppose you should be indulged as it's the closest thing to International competition for you lot, not counting the tri-nation farmyard animal molesting tournament you have when everyone else is at the World Cup.

The Germans can laugh at England, the English can laugh at ourselves, any nation that has ever played well at a World Cup can laugh at England because we are ****.

Jock, Taff and Paddy can't laugh at England, but I suppose you should be indulged as it's the closest thing to International competition for you lot, not counting the tri-nation farmyard animal molesting tournament you have when everyone else is at the World Cup.

:D Gwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Edit: :mad: Hey, we have, in the past, played well at a World Cup.

Guest roberto922

Well, a lot more sheep in England, more people too, bet there's plenty of sheep shagging going on in Cornwall and the like.

Completely different. No can of worms opened here. Read Chopper99's post above mine, it's the sensible way to react.

Listen, just let them (Scottish and Welsh fans) have a bit of fun. In fairness it's not often they get to see their biggest rivals crash so spectacularly after weeks of moronic tubthumping in the red tops. Even as a fan of the England team I can see the England team deserve to be laughed at.

Guest roberto922

fwiw using the sheep shagger insult when you can't think of anything else makes you look like an imbecile.

Yes, pouncer, I'm looking at you

EDIT: Nah it's not that rare tbf, comes along every two years ;)

It's the sheep to people ratio that makes the Welsh weird though, lets be honest.

As for the goings on in Cornwall........Welsh tourists!

And maybe it is now time to close this. Anyone want to get in any final laughs at England?

and remember folks its probably more the press, pundits etc we are laughing at, who believe that it is their devine right to win anything they enter and the continuous mentioning of 66. You have to let go to move on!!

Guest roberto922

I'm not laughing at you to cover our failings though, I'm laughing because a good chunk of England deserves it.

I'm not laughing at you to cover our failings though, I'm laughing because a good chunk of England deserves it.

That good chunk being larely the media, all of England's idiotic fans (who probably don't quite make the majority tbf) and Ian Wright and Terry ****ing Venables. Especially Venables for that god awful ad.

Archived