The Let us Laugh at England thread

Pires777

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so I didn't want them to win the World Cup (that would have been unbearable), but I'm not really up for laughing at England. I know how much English people love and support their football, and to see their side succumb so tamely...it was funny for a while (until about the second half of the Algeria game), but now it's just embarrassing.

Credit to England fans too, they're not harping on about the disgracefully disallowed goal. They know their side was monstrously out-classed by a promising, but not brilliant, Germany.

Will be eternally glad that Germany scored a couple more goals, given the English propensity to argue that even if 'that' goal had been disallowed, they'd still have won 3-2. 44 years for karma to come back and bite on the backside, eh...

Joking aside though, beaten by a FAR better team on the day. Haven't seen much of Germany so far, know little about a few of their players but they looked brilliant.

You think? Look at the tile for a start. :D

Be a good mod and close it. Purely made to antagonise.

It's not hurting anyone apart from a few over-sensitive England fans. If they don't want to see it, it's pretty clear what the content will be from the title.

I'd rather it be in its own thread than in the England thread tbf.

Was just watching the reaction on BBC News 24, female reporter "man for man we are better than them"

now lets see

James v Neuer - Neuer wins

Johnson v Lahm - Lahm wins

Cole v Boateng - Draw/Cole just edges it

Terry v Mertesacker - Mertesacker wins

Upson v Friedrich - Friedrich wins

Barry v Khedira - Khedira wins

Lampard v Schweinsteiger - Schweinsteiger wins

Gerrard v Ozil - Ozil wins

Milner v Poldolski - Poldolski wins

Rooney v Klose - Klose wins

Defoe v Muller - Muller wins

:D

Townsend the other day also said the same thing except Spain...:D:D:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Come on Brasil! Show these clowns how its done!

Credit to England fans too, they're not harping on about the disgracefully disallowed goal. They know their side was monstrously out-classed by a promising, but not brilliant, Germany.

As I've said to my Scottish friends, the vast majority of England fans know how good (sorry, bad) we are and knew we wouldn't get near the Final. It is the media that builds up the team to be world-beaters and you can guarentee that the disallowed goal will be all over the papers tomorrow.

We were well builten in the end, thanks to poor decisions by the manager, I mean seriously, Upson didnt look great against Slovenia and was even worse today, then bringing on Heskey when we needed a goal, replacing Defoe with Heskey, playing Gerrard on the left, sticking with Rooney, the list is endless, and for that England deserve to be laughed at.

God knows I laughed when Italy and France were knocked out!

Still I won over £100 betting on England games for this World Cup(drawing 1-1 against USA, correct score against Slovenia and losing by more than 1 today), so I'll happily laugh along!

Hhahhahhahaaaaaa.

England are *****, and I'll be laughing in the Euro Qualifiers when Bale/Ramsey/Bellamy/Collison run circles around England!!!!

You are aware that the current Welsh team has a player from Wrexham?

Guest roberto922
You are aware that the current Welsh team has a player from Wrexham?

There's pretty much always at least one player from Wrexham :confused: And Roberts is a good player

Tbh you can laugh at us. But most of the posters of this forum are sound and not deluded. Razzler, Rob, Aggresive Minor, Brett, and myself and whoever else the mainstays of the England thread are realistic and decent. You can laugh at some of the deluded morons who expected us to win (though I can honestly say I've never met them), but most of the posters on here will still be here 2 years later posting in the next England thread.

We weren't good enough, didn't perform anywhere near good enough. but there is always next time.

Tbh you can laugh at us. But most of the posters of this forum are sound and not deluded. Razzler, Rob, Aggresive Minor, Brett, and myself and whoever else the mainstays of the England thread are realistic and decent. You can laugh at some of the deluded morons who expected us to win (though I can honestly say I've never met them), but most of the posters on here will still be here 2 years later posting in the next England thread.

We weren't good enough, didn't perform anywhere near good enough. but there is always next time.

I thought we could win it, or at least beat Germany. I felt we had the players to do it, the will to do it, but I was wrong. I wouldn't call myself deluded as I wasn't full on excpecting us to win the entire thing but I am disappointed with how far we got considering the calibre of players we have. At least we got to the World Cup ffs.

Guest roberto922

People missing the point here, a small country with a ***** league and 3m population doesn't expect to do well, a country with 50 odd million people and the 2nd best league in the world does.

People missing the point here, a small country with a ***** league and 3m population doesn't expect to do well, a country with 50 odd million people and the 2nd best league in the world does.

Hang on, but when people 'expect' us to do well we get called deluded. It's a lose lose situation

This. I get ****ed off when my mates compare football in England with Serbian football and they dont think using common sense that you cant compare the two

Guest roberto922

by do well I was referring to the comments about 'at least we made it to the world cup' where doing well is reaching the WC

uruguay do quite well?

infact uruguay do very well 3 million population

but it's quite easy using the population thing isn't it roberto, oh and btw out of 50 million people how many do you actually think are english?

Guest roberto922

An enormous chunk of the 50m are English...

And Uruguay do amazingly well for such a small country.

Population alone doesn't mean anything. Otherwise China would be the best team by a mile, with the USA and Russia not far behind. And Netherlands (population 16m), and Portugal (11m) would be rubbish.

uruguay do quite well?

infact uruguay do very well 3 million population

but it's quite easy using the population thing isn't it roberto, oh and btw out of 50 million people how many do you actually think are english?

Uruguay is an exception and still, they lost a lot of ground to Brazil and Argentina over the past 6 decades, but you don't see many other countries with such a small population doing that well.

Uruguay is an exception and still, they lost a lot of ground to Brazil and Argentina over the past 6 decades, but you don't see many other countries with such a small population doing that well.

honestly don't think we can use this population argument though otherwise why aren't usa, russia, and china world beaters?

off topic ..... oh btw pmlf leeds utd have some brazilians on trial next week, if we sign one of them i will ask you if you know anything about them ;) (don't worry not expecting anything super special but leeds are turning to south american players now, already got 2 argentinians :D:)

honestly don't think we can use this population argument though otherwise why aren't usa, russia, and china world beaters?

Population isn't the only factor, but US and Chinese football only started to get shape in recent decades, you need to give them time and the popularity of football has to increase.

Russia is fairly decent, as is Mexico, but Russia's population is pretty old so they probably have less potential players than their population might suggest.

Roughly, more population = more depth

But obviously other factors like coaching and football culture matter a lot too. Uruguay have these two but not the population, otherwise they would easily be as good as Brazil or Argentina.

off topic ..... oh btw pmlf leeds utd have some brazilians on trial next week, if we sign one of them i will ask you if you know anything about them ;) (don't worry not expecting anything super special but leeds are turning to south american players now, already got 2 argentinians :D:)

Do you know the names of those Brazilians?

Guest roberto922

I didn't just use the population argument, like I said our infrastructure is generally ***** too, hopefully Cardiff and Swansea can reach the EPL, that would help alot

Population isn't the only factor, but US and Chinese football only started to get shape in recent decades, you need to give them time an the popularity of football has to increase.

Russia is fairly decent, as is Mexico, but Russia's population is pretty old so they probably have less potential players than their population might suggest.

Do you know the names of those Brazilians?

no, the club has kept it a secret, i have no idea who they are just this statement "a few promosing brazilians on-trial, many have played for top teams on this continent"

knowing our club the top teams they talk about are probably in eastern europe or luxembourg :D

a few leeds fans i know got carried away and said one could be gabriele sobis , i almost laughed

no, the club has kept it a secret, i have no idea who they are just this statement "a few promosing brazilians on-trial, many have played for top teams on this continent"

knowing our club the top teams they talk about are probably in eastern europe or luxembourg :D

a few leeds fans i know got carried away and said one could be gabriele sobis , i almost laughed

Gabriele Sobis? :D

Rafael Sóbis was trying to return to Brazil, but his team isn't allowing him too. He is hardly that young anyway, he is 25.

Rodrigo Possebon might be a good bet, I suppose.

Gabriele Sobis? :D

Rafael Sóbis was trying to return to Brazil, but his team isn't allowing him too. He is hardly that young anyway, he is 25.

Rodrigo Possebon might be a good bet, I suppose.

if it's anyone i reckon most are midfielders because we desperately need some creativity for new season

Denmark only have 5m and have reached the WC a few times, qualifying for the last 16 as well as winning the European Championship in 92.

Norway have 4m and have qualified for the WC 3 times.

Look at Slovakia. Uruguay have won the WC twice. Slovenia only have 2m people and qualified. Cyprus don't even have a million but mullered Ireland in qualifying. :D

Archived