What are your plans for the opening day?

Rob1981

So it's finally here \o/

Woke up at 5.30am and couldn't get back to sleep :D In a few minutes I am setting off on a road trip to King's Lynn to Beers of Europe: http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/acatalog/

Will be getting beers from as many of the 32 countries as possible.

Should take just over two hours each way, then will be safely back in London by the first game at 3pm.

Any other weird rituals out there?

I have to work until 16:00, so I'll be home in time to see the second half of the first match, if I'm lucky. Great start :D

Work should be suspended with double pay for the duration of the WC imo.

Will be either having a nap before the match or waking up after going to bed soon. 'Tis at 9 am so no bar or anything like that on a Friday. Then watching the next one and playing some footy after where obviously the matches will be discussed.

I've got an exam at 9 until 10:30, after that I'll nip to tesco and stock up on beers for tomorrow if they've got any left :(

Then I'm heading to a mates house for game 1, and to another's for game 2.

Nothing out of the ordinary, I guess most people's plans will be similar really.

I've taken a half day at work to guarantee watching the opening. Could have probably just streamed it in the office but meh, rather watch it on a proper tv. Probably heading to a mates house to watch the Uruguay game. Mon Suarez :thup:

I've just gotten into the world of IT contracting, so no chance of sloping off early. For all future international tournaments, however, I won't be working.

Luckily, the IT guys here have put four screens up which I can see perfectly from my desk. I've also just set up streaming BBC Radio 5 on my iPhone so I'll be listening and watching to the opening match. Down the pub for the second match.

In a betting syndicate as well (it really does matter mroe when there's money on it) so I'll be following this routine pretty much throughout the World Cup.

Will miss the fist game, although may catch the last 5 minutes or so. And will watch the second game with my dad in the pub (So yes, that does mean I will probably update the predictions table in the morning, after work)

I will be sleeping for most of it...Damn time zones. Will watch the first game at midnight, but since i have to start at 7am the next morning, the second game, which starts at 4.30 am here, is beyond me.

Sigh...could try and last the whole night, but then i would be screwed for the three games the following night. Need to pace myself!

It's a weekend for us anyway, went out last night from about lunchtime until about 3am and feel absolutely awful at the moment, no chance of doing anything of note down the gym, maybe go for a swim, I am already well stocked for booze but probably won't be drinking tonight I feel so terrible.

Bird will have to sort the food out later when she comes round cause I'm not leaving the house :p

I've given myself the afternoon off! I'm a great boss. I've almost finished for the day, just need to pick junior up from school and take him to Grandma's. Nipped to the local sandwich shop and have got some grub ready and beers on ice!

*excited

mon Mexico!

Just set up a huge tv next to my desk in work to watch the footie :D. Finish work at 1545 so will bomb home and catch the second half. Will nip to the supermarket tonight before the france game then chill out and enjoy a weekend of football, will not enjoy the nagging from the wife that will no doubt be heading my way.

I have to work until 16:00, so I'll be home in time to see the second half of the first match, if I'm lucky. Great start :D

Work should be suspended with double pay for the duration of the WC imo.

Same with me, working till 16:00 so should be home by 16:10. Sometimes get out early on fridays though so could be home by 16:00

Is anywhere online (official) showing the opening cermony? I think ITV will spoil it with advert breaks and expert commentary from Clive.

Aye was looking forward to this, until i found out it was ITV doing it

Saving grace is Lucas Radebe will be there doing pundit stuff for them

Archived