Things MUST TO HAVE while playing FM, what about you?

Alaa

1. Desperate Scousewives on the telly.

2. A hard drive recorder so I can watch Desperate Scousewives over and over again while playing. For inspiration, obviously.

3. Frankly nothing else could possibly be as helpful as 1. and 2.

People who are self-righteous about smoking are idiots. And this is coming from someone who have never smoked.

Surely it's possible to dislike it, to dislike being around it and to approve of things such as the ban in public places and not be self-righteous?

To be fair, there was a self-righteousness to the post you responded to.

Something on the TV, film/dvd/documentaries/music ... etc.

Doesn't matter what it is, as I only look up now and again, and I'm not really listening unless the game is processing.

At this exact moment in time, I have 'Ghost Hunters' on in the background, but I've no idea what's going on.

I find it's good to have the radio channel on (talksport normally) then I don't need to keep looking at the screen, and I get regular updates on what is going on in the real world of football. Plus regular arguments/banter on the phone ins etc :D

Erm and the internet, I browse the web (these forums/football forums etc) during the first half of some games, or after I have made all 3 subs in the 2nd half.

But I find that when I turn the internet off, I get into my save game much more & I seem to enjoy it more.. probably because I'm not constanly clicking away from FM and doing other things on the web.

Oh and a glass of water or cola.

Music no doubt. Open browser on 2nd monitor to browse internet while game is processing. Coffee or tea, a must. Strong computer desk for when u slam your fist against it when you lose a game you should have won.. :)

20 Marlboro is a must.

If there's music it's usually atmospheric and/or moody. Repetitive. Industrial techno turned down low. Sometimes floaty acoustic stuff.

Telly could only be Sopranos box set. I know the series inside outside so doesn't require much concentration.

Brews and bourbons usually feature.

Most importantly, girlfriend out the flat!

Pen 'n paper for keeping track of players, positions, 'Home grown' status, etc.

Internet connection to check emails, surf a little etc.

Kindle; to while away time during the game. Ashamed to say the game engine has got as good as it needs to be for me. Can't watch more than 2/3 games a day.

No drinks, snacks required!

1. PC (obviously)

2. Beeing alone (I hate playing FM with audience, I think its because sometimes I get really mad with my players and i dont want someone to see me... silly me)

3. Something to do when the game is processing (TV, book, pen and paper, etc.)

4. Some cookies or chips

5. Lights off

1 . 2 litre bottle of coke or any other delicious beverage

2 . munchies or various nature including but not restricted to ... sweet chili Sensations, Skittles, Cheesecake

3 . music

4 . the mrs under the desk... i joke i joke... she knows she's required to bring a cuppa in every hour or two though and does this duty with flair and style bless her heart

Archived