Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 минут назад, ChelseaFan сказал:

Unfortunately, I've played more than two hours, but is there any way I can get a refund for this? I hear people being successful with over 10 hours played?

Unfortunately you can't. I refused only one game which I played more 2h and it was Insurgency 2, but developers changed game release and it was awful optimization, so I had the reasons for refund

Edited by Novem9

25 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Most games are just chaos.

One on ones being missed 90% of the time. The worst thing is though, I don't feel like a manager. I want my team to exploit the awful injury ridden midfield of my opponent, but they just hoof it wide to the wingers who dribble, cut in and blaze it over the bar. I do not feel like my tactical changes do anything. 

I cannot enjoy this. Honestly, most of the hours I've put into FM20 have been filled with frustration. Unfortunately, I've played more than two hours, but is there any way I can get a refund for this? I hear people being successful with over 10 hours played?

Mate, it's £40. If you're genuinely not enjoying it, put it down to a bad purchase and move on. Perhaps download the demo first next year also. I doubt you'll get a refund, as the game is perfectly playable. 

27 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Mate, it's £40. If you're genuinely not enjoying it, put it down to a bad purchase and move on. Perhaps download the demo first next year also. I doubt you'll get a refund, as the game is perfectly playable. 

Its not perfectly plsyable if your  game keeps crashing

17 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Indeed can't watch this. As with all most recent pkms. So either the demo hasn't been updated (tried both Auto update as well as manually upon starting the game), or the pkms are not compatible anymore. Which is it? Maybe I should just go out buy the full, but I'm not yet decided what game to spend the Holidays on (a couple of which in my library I have yet to complete, including beefy Oldschool RPGs.. with just as much stats and numbers crunching and RNG and reasonable to-hit-Chances resulting in streaks of misses in sequence :D  ) .

Edited by Svenc

6 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Its not perfectly plsyable if your  game keeps crashing

It's perfectly playable for those who haven't experienced a crash which is why its going to be hard for you to get any kind of refund, so you may as well just try with your retailer.

8 hours ago, darthlemon said:

The update they released in the last week has improved decision making in the final third (or feels that way at least).

The amount of long balls over the top into missed one on ones is concerning though. It feels like each team gets 2-3 one on ones each game from long balls and the conversion rate is pretty bad.

In real life, opening a team up feels like a big deal but it happens way too often (and isn't punished) on this current ME.

Anybody else experiencing similar?

Yup I have about 2-3 clear cut chances against me each game but tbh I got myself to blame because I play high pressing with a very high line and very high LOE my keeper just saves most of the 1on1s so I think its worth it anyway. If the opponent have a striker with little better finishing/pace or I see them constantly seeking the ball behind I drop lower thou and it stops the balls in behind.

I honestly think they made the keepers to good in this game they react super fast even those with lower ratings and constantly makes the right decisions and perfect positioning. Remi Matthews in my Bolton team saves shots like Alisson Becker!

3 minutes ago, emil_sbn said:

I honestly think they made the keepers to good in this game they react super fast even those with lower ratings and constantly makes the right decisions and perfect positioning. Remi Matthews in my Bolton team saves shots like Alisson Becker!

Return of the old school super keepers! 

22 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Return of the old school super keepers! 

Ahem. :D  (The only thing missing is Paul Collyer acknowledging the keeper reach being to large close range back then, which was also fixed. From my experience, for any supposedly "super keeper" on this series, there have ben a hundred players vastly misjudging their chances of scoring -- and I've watched a lot of pkms throughout the years.) Maybe, in parts, a case of history repeating itself -- balls over the top aren't that frequent in Football too, like the on on ones back then. Which again, is why treating one on ones to be equal opportunity to be a bad idea. They range from 1-4/5 chances to 1-2 in real Football to begin with, which is vast, and should in the game if properly balanced. Wide Players Shooting it from the ridiculuos angles they oft do, for as Long as they do mind (another Thing to be addressed…), should arguably be worse. 

https://community.sigames.com/topic/141376-superkeeper-is-really-disrespectful-to-fm-players/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-4742239

Shame that the main coder/s aren't much around GD anymore. I'd love to hear their take on Things. But as can be seen in that thread from PaulCs, their Posts were picked and torn apart, and they tended to attract quite a bit of abuse. And that was ten years ago…

Edited by Svenc

17 minutes ago, Matorko said:

I hope they reported this bug

All of those players have a future transfer in 2069, that might explain why they have not retired. Would be interesting to know if someone has just been messing around in editor.

Edited by Mikke

14 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Ahem. :D  (The only thing missing is Paul Collyer acknowledging the keeper reach being to large close range back then, which was also fixed. From my experience, for any supposedly "super keeper" on this series, there have ben a hundred players vastly misjudging their chances of scoring -- and I've watched a lot of pkms throughout the years.) Maybe, in parts, a case of history repeating itself -- balls over the top aren't that frequent in Football too, like the on on ones back then. Which again, is why treating one on ones to be equal opportunity to be a bad idea. They range from 1-4/5 chances to 1-2 in real Football to begin with, which is vast, and should in the game if properly balanced. Wide Players Shooting it from the ridiculuos angles they oft do, for as Long as they do mind (another Thing to be addressed…), should arguably be worse. 

Shame that the main coder/s aren't much around GD anymore. I'd love to hear their take on Things. But as can be seen in that thread from PaulCs, their Posts were picked and torn apart, and they tended to attract quite a bit of abuse. And that was ten years ago...

You seriously need to take yourself less seriously. 

The old school super keepers was very much a tongue in cheek comment as it was often railed against on here back in the day. 

11 minutes ago, Mikke said:

All of those players have a future transfer in 2069, that might explain why they have not retired. Would be interesting to know if someone has just been messing around in editor.

That's exactly what it is. I have no idea why people go to such lengths for absolutely no reason. Remember the days people used to just buy the game and play it? 

9 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

You seriously need to take yourself less seriously. 

The old school super keepers was very much a tongue in cheek comment as it was often railed against on here back in the day. 

True that. Not sure there is any much tongue-in-cheekness going on here in this thread at this Point though. :D All I see is a lot of serious frustration and deadly serious venting, but that may be my perception of things. That thread may still be relevant as of the current issues some. Maybe even for the coders as a remainder. A high frequence of one on oneish Scenarios due to an ME inherent defending issue? Check. A specific type of those being mostly saved/Missed? Check. The fix back then wasn't but the defending, but it was also acknowledged that there was something About the keeper reach to address. Maybe this is going to be similar, Maybe not. :D 

https://community.sigames.com/topic/141376-superkeeper-is-really-disrespectful-to-fm-players/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-4739123

Edited by Svenc

17 minutes ago, Svenc said:

True that. Not sure there is any much tongue-in-cheekness going on here in this thread at this Point though. :D All I see is a lot of serious frustration and deadly serious venting, but that may be my perception of things. That thread may still be relevant as of the current issues some. Maybe even for the coders as a remainder. A high frequence of one on oneish Scenarios due to an ME inherent defending issue? Check. A specific type of those being mostly saved/Missed? Check. The fix back then wasn't but the defending, but it was also acknowledged that there was something About the keeper reach to address. Maybe this is going to be similar, Maybe not. :D 

https://community.sigames.com/topic/141376-superkeeper-is-really-disrespectful-to-fm-players/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-4739123

I know SI say that the current ME was tested thousands of times a day internally etc. 

I can't believe a single human being looked at it before it was released. The ME is a frustrating mess as it stands. It's just not "fun" to play games. I win/lose often having zero clue why or how based on the in game stats. Just played a game won 2-1 both goals of course from set pieces for me and my defender just watching a hoofed ball then standing and watching their striker run clean through, only surprise was he scored. He missed the other 3 however. 

The last ME was okay. This is horrible.

If transport tycoon 2 was out yet I'd already be playing that. Which would be a record that I've abandoned an FM, I was playing FM19 until FM20 beta đây in fact. 

It's a real shame because the new additions like the development centre and club vision are amazing. But the main stay of the game is the ME. I'd be happy right now if they just gave us FM19s final ME or allowed me to roll back to the last one we had for FM20 whilst they fix this one. 

Edited by kiwityke1983

I have genuinely not seen one single one on one chance converted by me or the opposition in my season played so far. 

I know they exist as I’ve seen a few on here scored but every time I see a player through with just the keeper to beat I’m expecting a miss. 

48 minutes ago, Mikke said:

Jamie doesn't use the editor from the streams i've watched him on (which is almost all within the last 3 years) although it does sounds suspicious. Could've arranged a transf by a bug tho. 

40 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I know SI say that the current ME was tested thousands of times a day internally etc. I can't believe a single human being looked at it before it was released. 

It's a real shame because the new additions like the development centre and club vision are amazing. But the main stay of the game is the ME. I'd be happy right now if they just gave us FM19s final ME or allowed me to roll back to the last one we had for FM20 whilst they fix this one. 

I must take back my words that 20.1.4 was far best ME of series. It had big potential though. There are so many little things that were far better in fm17. Clearences for example, not even pub teams clear the ball out of bounds so many times for absolutely no reason. Can't they just send the ball up but still in play? Was it because I play on cautious mentality and direct? Small details like that. Passing forwards doesn't exist even on counter attacks when there is all the space in the world, no - ball goes out wide no metter what. I play direct counter attack and my striker received 5 passes and had 3 headers whole game? I understand ME will never be perfect but most of these things were much better freaking four years ago. I agree with you here, please don't introduce new ME until it's ready and far better than previous one.

Edited by Mitja

vor 1 Stunde schrieb emil_sbn:

Yup I have about 2-3 clear cut chances against me each game but tbh I got myself to blame because I play high pressing with a very high line and very high LOE my keeper just saves most of the 1on1s so I think its worth it anyway. If the opponent have a striker with little better finishing/pace or I see them constantly seeking the ball behind I drop lower thou and it stops the balls in behind.

One thing most People tend to think about Football is that a Keeper doing his Job saving shots is a sign of a weak or failing defense while it is in truth the sign of a working defense - a good defense prevents the shots a Keeper can not save and allows shots that can be saved.

Simply let the Keeper have fun and do his Job - he will only get better on it that way!

PS: The pre-Patch ME was polarizing - the post-Patch ME is ordinary boring.

Edited by Etebaer

19 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

One thing most People tend to think about Football is that a Keeper doing his Job saving shots is a sign of a weak or failing defense while it is in truth the sign of a working defense - a good defense prevents the shots a Keeper can not save and allows shots that can be saved.

Simply let the Keeper have fun and do his Job - he will only get better on it that way!

That's certainly Sean Dyche's Philosophy. He figures he can't stop all shots, so tries to make the shot his keeper saves weaker ones. Between August and December 2017 his Burnley side had conceded as Little Goals as Pep's City -- except that his side averaged the most shots against in all of the top leagues. Naturally, that takes a bit of luck too. The game doesn't allow that specific Kind of Micro Control -- the General principle of a fairly robust low block defense has typically been implemented though. I've never, ever worried About conceding a lot of shots, albeit probably "OP" Long shots depending on the release.

https://statsbomb.com/2017/02/burnley-doing-it-differently/

Edited by Svenc

17 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Feel like you shouldn't assume everyone is in the same position as you. An expendable amount of money to you is a crucial amount of savings to someone else. That's some ignorant, privileged thinking right there.

Nah he's right.

No point complaining now. Should have played the demo. 

1 minute ago, RTHerringbone said:

It isn't really. It's based on assumptions that the poster can't possibly know to be true. 

Our assumptions hold weight regardless of whether its true or not, we base them on the little SI tell tell us about the games development. It is a reasonable assumption to make based on the patch quality, whether its true or not, is somewhat irrelevant. We are the ones buying the product. If they wish us to jump to more accurate assumptions they should communicate more with us and show a bit more transparency, that I for one would appreciate. 

Just now, RTHerringbone said:

It isn't really. It's based on assumptions that the poster can't possibly know to be true. 

Why it wasn't released in opt in beta? Was it?  I don't understand decision to patch very solid ME just two weeks after release with worse one and not giving people the chance to try it. It had very good reviews and the pressure from this site was much less than last year for example if you remember.  

11 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Nah he's right.

No point complaining now. Should have played the demo. 

How long are you expecting people to play the demo? The ME completely changes the entire game every time its changed.

I bought this game pre-release, enjoyed it greatly throughout the beta and full release. Havent been able to play for a week, but put it on this morning, and the ME is now a complete farce, to the point I'm probably going to put the game down until the next ME comes out.

3 seasons of enjoyable football where my tweaks and signings all have a noticeable effect on things, all for nothing as now the only chances I've seen in four games, from both sides, are long balls over the top to wingers/strikers who simply jog past defenders who run the opposite way. Goals are solely from set pieces or long shots. I used to have wingers and full backs doubling up and creating chances etc. posted videos of them on here, not seen a single instance of that now with the exact same set up that was bringing it consistently for seasons.

Disappointing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

After testing the FM20 demo I went back to my FM17 save, and oh man, what a great ME that is compared to later versions. One can argue that the general match play in FM19 or 20 is more realistic, I can understand that. But do yourself a favor and just watch about 100 goals in FM19 or FM20 in AI vs AI matches, and goals only, and tell me that you don't notice the extreme dullness, repetitiveness in all the goals, no matter what the formation or style is used by various AI teams. That's what makes it completely boring, and unplayable. If you are new to it and play your first match, you will be impressed. You will see maybe 2 goals from set pieces, one from a cross/cutback, and one from a ball that is played over the top of the defensive line, and you will think, wow this is nice. Than you play 1 more game, similar goals. Then another one, again the same goals, like carbon copy. Eventually you will realize that there is no point in watching the rest of the highlights. What matters is how the goals are created, and the state of the ME is very, very poor. Just like FM19 was. Unplayable.

I have to agree eventhough I still believe 20.1.4 was very solid. But yes goal variaty and passing forwards was big issue. fm17 was great, isn't it the last one with old ME?

5 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

One can argue that the general match play in FM19 or 20 is more realistic,

What is general match play? I mean if players don't pass the ball forwards then it can't be, I agree it looks good until final third though. 

6 minutes ago, Mitja said:

What is general match play? I mean if players don't pass the ball forwards then it can't be, I agree it looks good until final third though. 

Yes, that's what I mean, like when players are passing the ball around from defense and in midfield, trying to build up an attack. Those parts look a little better to my eyes compared to FM17. But that final third man :(

Play a match or two in FM17 in comprehensive highlights, and you will immediately see the variety in choices made in the final third, based on the shape of defense, spacing, etc. In FM20 the ball is almost always played to players in wider positions. No short through balls to the forwards. And it not because the AI defense has improved so much, as some here will claim. No, the defenses are plain terrible in terms of positioning, anticipation and reaction, and forwards are wide open for through balls so many times. 

Edited by bleventozturk

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How long are you expecting people to play the demo? The ME completely changes the entire game every time its changed.

I bought this game pre-release, enjoyed it greatly throughout the beta and full release. Havent been able to play for a week, but put it on this morning, and the ME is now a complete farce, to the point I'm probably going to put the game down until the next ME comes out.

3 seasons of enjoyable football where my tweaks and signings all have a noticeable effect on things, all for nothing as now the only chances I've seen in four games, from both sides, are long balls over the top to wingers/strikers who simply jog past defenders who run the opposite way. Goals are solely from set pieces or long shots. I used to have wingers and full backs doubling up and creating chances etc. posted videos of them on here, not seen a single instance of that now with the exact same set up that was bringing it consistently for seasons.

Disappointing.

Counter this by saying watched the AI goals from the final match week and theres a wide variety of goals in this games.

Guess I'll just have to start from scratch trying to get my team scoring.

After playing FM20 demo, I have to skip this version of FM. My main concerns isn't about ME at all; but UI & UX things into the game which make it more difficult to be enjoyable. The learning curve of FM20 is big, due to the new features. For example; I have search a lot where to stop the president to make offers for youngsters. Secondly I haven't found, yet, the training coaching assignments for U23 & U18.

Third; into 3D match: My AM has been informed me that one of my players being injured. The text formation was like this:

"XXX has taken a
knock"

Really? Design 101 has been missed this year. What's the problem "XXX has taken a knock" dear UI designers?

May I have an OCD; but isn't a job of a skilled person to produce something like this. No one has been notice this simple things? Does SI have QC?

Fourth: Training UI

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.232bda2a0460c91466f6c7a2ade49de1.png

Since last year of success in sales, I was hoping SI will give more resources for UI & UX. 

Just thought I'd slide in with my 2 pence!

Pre update I was having all the mentioned problems of 1v1s wingers/fullbacks not crossing etc. By and large though I was able to get by this with specific instructions to those players and it reduced the problems. I was able to win the majority of matches even if my strikers underperformed overall.

The new update coincided with the start of the new season for me and everything started really well! Unfortunately that has gone downhill a bit...

Now, I will preface this by saying that I understand that this is possible and could happen but it seems to be getting a little silly from my end. Nearly all my recent matches have ended in a draw. I really struggle to win or lose, I have even tried to reload and replay games from an older save and I just draw, draw, draw! I have put in a little snip of my season so far.

In the new update I am still seeing the same issues as are being reported on here although I'm seeing much more realistic red card numbers. My main personal criticism is that im seeing very few types of goals, 9/10 goals I concede are long balls over the top that a striker runs on to and that my defenders simply decided wasn't worth chasing until the striker got a good 5m head start, this seems unaffected by how I set my defensive line or my defenders positioning or instruction. Inevitably my team will push up the pitch then my defenders will ignore attackers when we lose posession (this is by far the most frustrating aspect of this version of the ME).

I also see my wingers have now moved from shooting from tight angles to instead cutting inside and shooting from there. If they get a bit of space and run they simply refuse to play any kind of pass in the majority of situations I see and will cut in and shoot even with instructions to do it less or with players who don't have a cut inside tendancy.

I also agree with the creative players being a bit anonymous observations. My team has a very talented AM who (more so in the recent patch) is very quiet, nothing goes through the middle and when it does the balls are long balls over the top for the sriker totally bypassing arguable the teams best player. Looking at this moer it seems that nearly all play goes out wide and only comes back in when wingers cut inside (then shoot) or someone just dribbles it from deep and lashes one at goal.

Its more frustrating because sometimes I do see some really nice play that looks like real life, crisp, quick and acurate passing moving the ball up the pitch or rebuilding an attack in the final 3rd with some nice passing to pull the defence but it happens so rarely or ends in a damp fashion. I'm not going to come here and barrate SI for just tarting up FM19s ME and then sitting on some phat stacks o' cash, there's a huge difference between internal testing of games and match simulation to suddenly having thousands of people running and actually studying the matches in an effort to improve their teams and so seeing these problems or exposing issues in the ME that SI might not have been able to with internal tests. What is frustrating though is that this seems to happen every year, the game comes out, the ME is a bit off then by Feb everything is sorted and people like it overall. It feels like you get a reset on the ME with every game like they all come from a certain base engine rather than taking the most recent iteration and further tweaking the behaviour. I'm sure that isn't what happens but it seems to be the route of a lot of frustration within the community from the last, what? 10 years?

At least it's easy to see that people really care about the game, I know I have sunk thousands upon thousands of hours into FM over the years and it's a game I really care about and I'm sure others do too, and this is why there's so much passion (rage) on these forums every November/December.

I just wish I could stop drawing matches!

Capture.PNG