Football Manager 2020 coming to Google Stadia

8 hours ago, matty11207 said:

yeah just wondering how like we will scroll and stuff like that

You can still use keyboard and mouse and they'll probably made it easy to use a controller like they did special implementation for Nintendo switch as well 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I'm very interested in Stadia I'm not pre ordering as I want to see reviews first. 

Assuming reviews are good, and I order it on the 19th I wonder how long it takes to get activated? 

I don't need the gamepad or chrome cast as it will be just for FM on my laptop via Chrome with mouse and keyboard so I literally just need the service. 

Whilst I can live without the Beta, there is no way I can wait more than a couple of days after full release to get into the game, if there is a significant lead time I'll end up getting it thru stream as usual. 

9 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Whilst I'm very interested in Stadia I'm not pre ordering as I want to see reviews first. 

Assuming reviews are good, and I order it on the 19th I wonder how long it takes to get activated? 

I don't need the gamepad or chrome cast as it will be just for FM on my laptop via Chrome with mouse and keyboard so I literally just need the service. 

Whilst I can live without the Beta, there is no way I can wait more than a couple of days after full release to get into the game, if there is a significant lead time I'll end up getting it thru stream as usual. 

I ordered Stadia.... couldn't wait and also ordered it on steam... the touch version... which I'm now hooked to and I don't even know if that will be available on Stadia... :idiot:

But still waiting on stadia because I want to play 3D (which I can't with steam version because my surface pro only plays Low, and overheats)... But I'm more sceptic than a few weeks ago because I tried FM cloud gaming via a very powerfull azure machine, and my surface pro using Steam-Remote-Play, but every 10sec the 3D would still hang for a milliesecond due to sudden network latency (even on good network connection)... I'm so f*cked / crazy :D ...

and on top of all that, I was 1 day to late to be Stadia founder, so I only got Premiere, so I may need to wait until december to get an answer to all my questions, will Stadia stream 3D fine to my surface pro, will FM touch be available.... and by that time I probably gave 200 € on FM/Stadia everything combined :D

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

I pre ordered a stadia to play FM on my Chromebook (my laptop literally died a few days ago!!) My current delivery date is showing 26th Nov, so not too long after the release.

Did you see Miles interview about stadia and adopting the football manager test software so that any spare capacity in the Google servers will be used to process the background matches and generally speed everything up when playing as the matches require a lot of processing. Sounds interesting and can't wait to try it.

I'll be running as many leagues as it will let me. :-)

Looking forward to stadia. However the lack of details given regarding the stadia version is a bit concerning for me. 

Is it only the full version of FM 20 for stadia, or is the touch version going to be available too? 

How will controller implementation work? Stadia can be playing on TV, pixel phones and laptops, laptops is a non issue, but how will it work on TV and pixel phones? 

Will there be special controller implementation for use with the stadia controller, like has been done for the switch? 

On 07/11/2019 at 08:22, marcaddis said:

I pre ordered a stadia to play FM on my Chromebook (my laptop literally died a few days ago!!) My current delivery date is showing 26th Nov, so not too long after the release.

Did you see Miles interview about stadia and adopting the football manager test software so that any spare capacity in the Google servers will be used to process the background matches and generally speed everything up when playing as the matches require a lot of processing. Sounds interesting and can't wait to try it.

I'll be running as many leagues as it will let me. :-)

I've pre-ordered and my delivery is the 25th November.

Stadia comes out on the 19th. Football Manager will be a release day title (I think I read that somewhere).

So, my question is... Will I be able to play Football Manager on the 19th on my google account? I don't need the controller or chromecast delivery to sit on my laptop. I presume I will log into my google account, go into Stadia and purchase the game. 

Maybe? Can anyone at SI Towers advise?

Today's press release from Google states 12 launch titles and FM20 is not one of them, this makes me sad. 

It does say FM20 will be out for Stadia in 2019 so I hope it is not too long. 

11 hours ago, vangto said:

Today's press release from Google states 12 launch titles and FM20 is not one of them, this makes me sad. 

It does say FM20 will be out for Stadia in 2019 so I hope it is not too long. 

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

• SI Staff
23 hours ago, Mark H said:

But will I be able to play it before I get the controller and chromcast? 

Has anyone got their Stadia code?

On 11/11/2019 at 17:10, Mark H said:

I've pre-ordered and my delivery is the 25th November.

Stadia comes out on the 19th. Football Manager will be a release day title (I think I read that somewhere).

So, my question is... Will I be able to play Football Manager on the 19th on my google account? I don't need the controller or chromecast delivery to sit on my laptop. I presume I will log into my google account, go into Stadia and purchase the game. 

Maybe? Can anyone at SI Towers advise?

Hi, 

Yes you can play the game on the Chrome browser without having the controller and chromecast. Mouse and keyboard works exactly the same through the browser as it does on Steam.

Cheers,

Ben

• SI Staff
On 10/11/2019 at 12:17, JamieLee90 said:

Looking forward to stadia. However the lack of details given regarding the stadia version is a bit concerning for me. 

Is it only the full version of FM 20 for stadia, or is the touch version going to be available too? 

How will controller implementation work? Stadia can be playing on TV, pixel phones and laptops, laptops is a non issue, but how will it work on TV and pixel phones? 

Will there be special controller implementation for use with the stadia controller, like has been done for the switch? 

Only FM20 will be released on Stadia, not Touch.

Yes controller implementation is fully supported. We've worked closely with the Switch team to comprise a control system that works nicely across both platforms.

• SI Staff
On 04/11/2019 at 20:20, matty11207 said:

I'm a bit confused so just an example.... if i wanted to play fm 20 on my computer with google stadia will i be able to use the controller or only k/m? 

Hi Matty, 

If you're playing Stadia on your computer you can use the Stadia controller. Alternatively, you can also use the xbox one, playstation 4 or switch pro controllers as we support all of them!

Cheers,

Ben

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jimmyth38 said:

Sorry if this has already been answered but will we be able to edit the game in the Stadia edition? pre-game editor just to confirm.

The pre-game editor will not be available on Stadia. However, the in-game editor will be.

2 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Yes controller implementation is fully supported. We've worked closely with the Switch team to comprise a control system that works nicely across both platforms.

Thanks for the extra information. This made me cancel my Stadia subscription.
I'm 100% into FM Touch and only ordered Stadia to run it at better graphics... because stadia won't have touch I'll just keep playing the steam version :)

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, Daveejavu said:

Is their any way of using a mouse and keyboard to play FM20 Stadia on my TV? Or only the controller?

The only way to play FM20 Stadia through your TV is to use the Stadia controller and Chromecast Ultra.

• SI Staff
On 14/11/2019 at 11:20, Mark H said:

Thanks for the updates Ben. Information has been hard to find, so your responses are appreciated !

Hi Mark,

It's not a problem! If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Cheers,

Ben

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, craiigman said:

For the games launch am I right in saying you can only buy FM if you have the premium subscription to play it as the base version is not available until 2020.

Hi Craig,

It's my understanding that at launch you will only be able to access the Stadia platform via the code included in the founders or premiere edition.

Cheers,

Ben

On 13/11/2019 at 11:49, Ben Allingham said:

Thanks for this. 

How will fm20 work when playing on a pixel phone, will the game be optimized for mobile use? As can imagine all that text on a 6 inch screen will be a headache 😂

But just wondering if there is any optimization done for when playing on our pixel phone?  Understand this isn't the ideal way to play compared to say on our TV, but the thought of full fat FM on mobile is great 👌

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, JamieLee90 said:

Thanks for this. 

How will fm20 work when playing on a pixel phone, will the game be optimized for mobile use? As can imagine all that text on a 6 inch screen will be a headache 😂

But just wondering if there is any optimization done for when playing on our pixel phone?  Understand this isn't the ideal way to play compared to say on our TV, but the thought of full fat FM on mobile is great 👌

We've set the default zoom to a higher level to help compensate for the the phone's smaller size.

How many leagues and nations can I play via the stadia?

what size database can I play the game at? 

I presume I can connect the stadia to 4K monitor and non 4K monitor via the chrome cast usb device?

i want to play maximum database, full leagues from top tier to bottom in Holland, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, Spain, Scotland and France 

thanks in advance for your help

Edited by Tony7

5 minutes ago, Tony7 said:

How many leagues and nations can I play via the stadia?

what size database can I play the game at? 

I presume I can connect the stadia to 4K monitor and non 4K monitor via the chrome cast usb device?

i want to play maximum database, full leagues from top tier to bottom in Holland, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, Spain, Scotland and France 

thanks in advance for your help

Whatever you want, the idea behind Stadia is that you can play full games without worrying about your tech specs.

53 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

Whatever you want, the idea behind Stadia is that you can play full games without worrying about your tech specs.

Thank you. I would like to play as many leagues as possible and start from the bottom working my way to a top job although might try out liverpool first as I have not played the game for years and it’s team I support

1 minute ago, Tony7 said:

Thank you. I would like to play as many leagues as possible and start from the bottom working my way to a top job although might try out liverpool first as I have not played the game for years and it’s team I support

Definitely worth playing with one of the bigger clubs to bed yourself back in, even if just for a season.

10 hours ago, TioPatinhax said:

Any indication yet on the speed of FM on Stadia?

Stadia even got a mention on the BBC Radio 4 news this morning!  No question, this is the future - but I'll be interested to learn what it's like in the now.

Im interested to see how this does, as ive been reading horror stories from users playing other games.

The idea behind Stadia is good, but it relies on the users having a great internet connection with good consistent speeds and no data caps. Which lets be honest, is not reliable in most of the world from what ive heard. Maybe in 5 years or so, if stadia hasnt shut down by then.

Still tho, interested to see people experiances with it.

I got FM on stadia yesterday and played some on my laptop. I was unable to find a way to save tactics or save a starting XI. Is this just not possible due to not saving anything locally or am I missing something? Although a basics feature it is vital to the running of the game. Not being able to save a first XI that I can refer back to at the click of a button is a big loss. 

Cheers