Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

currently the only side in the league with 0 injuries

use the rest option in training to reduce certain players to half intensity, i check every time i get reports and adjust accordingly

struggled in december tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well is it just me or this time they did a really good job? :applause:

I don't know maybe it's because it's been a while since the last time I played (3-4 months) but I'M TOTALLY BACK AT IT.

Managing PSV at the moment and I'm really into this.

Glad to see your point of view on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Hough said:

would it be possible to have this changed to a toggle so you can turn it on if you want it and turn it off if you don't

At the minute it's automatically on and when you turn it off you cant turn it back on until you go to another player and it automatically turns itself back on again

bit.thumb.jpg.d92adf90055768645b37f46954db66db.jpg

You can turn it off from the other Profile Screen;

attributehighlight.thumb.jpg.609b680d8026fa443f5d8c92830945f4.jpg

If you use that screen the game should remember the status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with penalties:

I have noticed a few times now in my save that when a player misses a penalty and it rebounds, he stays routed to the spot while the rest of the opposition and his team race to the ball. Even when the ball more or less lands at their feet before anyone else gets there, they do nothing until usually a defender gets there to clear it. Seems very unrealistic and frustrating (depending if it's my team taking or defending the penalty :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mblackham said:

Problem with penalties:

I have noticed a few times now in my save that when a player misses a penalty and it rebounds, he stays routed to the spot while the rest of the opposition and his team race to the ball. Even when the ball more or less lands at their feet before anyone else gets there, they do nothing until usually a defender gets there to clear it. Seems very unrealistic and frustrating (depending if it's my team taking or defending the penalty :) )

I just had a hilarious one, that contradicts this my play shoots from spot keeper saves, my player chases rebound gets bought down and scores 2nd pen. Don't forget if it comes back off woodwork pen taker can't touch it next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mblackham said:

Problem with penalties:

I have noticed a few times now in my save that when a player misses a penalty and it rebounds, he stays routed to the spot while the rest of the opposition and his team race to the ball. Even when the ball more or less lands at their feet before anyone else gets there, they do nothing until usually a defender gets there to clear it. Seems very unrealistic and frustrating (depending if it's my team taking or defending the penalty :) )

If the ball hits the post or the bar he is not allowed to touch it.

Edited by XaW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, toffee71 said:

I just had a hilarious one, that contradicts this my play shoots from spot keeper saves, my player chases rebound gets bought down and scores 2nd pen. Don't forget if it comes back off woodwork pen taker can't touch it next.

Really? All my years following football and playing football manager and I never knew that! haha thanks for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mblackham said:

Really? All my years following football and playing football manager and I never knew that! haha thanks for the info

It's one of the more obscure rules. Another one is that you cannot score an own goal from a goalkick. Should the keeper do so, the rule is a corner kick instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It was like that in FM18 to start with as well before they fixed it. Bizarre it's reverted back. 

It's like for every great design decision there is an equal and opposite bonkers one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XaW said:

It's one of the more obscure rules. Another one is that you cannot score an own goal from a goalkick. Should the keeper do so, the rule is a corner kick instead.

Wow I thought I new all the rules, thankyou, at least I can say I've learnt something new today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I find that in FM19 beta world class players look like amateurs too often when it comes to passing the ball

On the video below you can find some examples of the issue I’m talking about, of course, I don’t say that in real life these players would never do such passes but as I said I find that in FM19 the frequency of appearing such extremely poor passes and passing decision is unrealistically high

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm also noticing that

Can't wait to see some tweaks for it :rolleyes:

Edited by Malibden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed and I am not sure if this has been reported yet. 

 

In staff shortlist, when selecting the shortlist, the name dont show up when selected. It act as though it has been given not enough space to show the name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mblackham said:

Problem with penalties:

I have noticed a few times now in my save that when a player misses a penalty and it rebounds, he stays routed to the spot while the rest of the opposition and his team race to the ball. Even when the ball more or less lands at their feet before anyone else gets there, they do nothing until usually a defender gets there to clear it. Seems very unrealistic and frustrating (depending if it's my team taking or defending the penalty :) )

Yeah happened few times . Put it in bug section under match engine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Yeah happened few times . Put it in bug section under match engine

Have a read further up this page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

We have identified an issue in the ME that is leading to higher than desired injuries.

 

I take it this must be related to certain tactical set ups? My squad has gone the whole of October without picking up a single injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, craiigman said:

@Seb Wassell there anything in the works to encourage more risky passes to come from central areas in/around the box?

This would be one for the ME guys, not something I can answer I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

We have identified an issue in the ME that is leading to higher than desired injuries.

Thank you kindly to everyone that has raised this to us, and especially those that took the time to send us their data, saves and PKMs.

We are working hard to rectify this ahead of release.

Thanks for your hard work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IMT said:

Got to say I've not been noticing this injury thing others have mentioned, nothing above what would happen IRL, a few knocks here and there but nothing major yet.  Certainly not been seeing the "used all 3 subs by half time" I saw some post earlier.  Probably had to sub an injured player once every 5 or 6 matches, and no long term injuries as of yet.   Not too unrealistic imo

Same. Seems we're just lucky. I'm 23% down on expected injuries so far. Salah seems a bit too injury prone though, he's picked up injuries that keep him out for 3-4 weeks twice already, I'm only at the end of October.

3 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

player interactions. players almost always react in a negative way. half way through a season becker only joined in the aug and he wants a new contract. you say at the end of the season we will sortg it out and then he wants to leave. happens with every player you say this to. creates a major problem in the game as ruins moral and then you get the usual whole squad going against you and thats the season over 

I've had the opposite. Matip was starting to get unhappy about first team opportunities so I had a word with him and asked him what was up? He said the fact I came and asked him has done a lot to appease him and he'll knuckle down and win his place back! (He's still getting sold at the end of the season, but shhh, don't tell him that!)

1 hour ago, Jamie Cortez said:

Lukaku has a finishing stat of 18.

 

Was the researcher high?

 

And i say this as a Man Utd fan.

I think they've totally overdone Pogba too, but that might just be because I'm a Liverpool fan lol! Still smashed utd 3-0, and they're currently 11th in the league after 10 games :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I take it this must be related to certain tactical set ups? My squad has gone the whole of October without picking up a single injury.


Maybe, but my schedule is packed with rest and recuperation days, I send them all on rests for days at a time, I am juggling three totally different tactics...

And I just had to ragequit cause my winger got taken off with an injury, then my striker, then a midfielder... all in the first half! I have 7 players out injured as it is...

Time to park this game for tonight lest I injure myself!! :D

Edited by ZoDiAC_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZoDiAC_ said:


Maybe, but my schedule is packed with rest and recuperation days, I send them all on rests for days at a time, I am juggling three totally different tactics...

And I just had to ragequit cause my winger got taken off with an injury, then my striker, then a midfielder... all in the first half! I have 7 players out injured as it is...

Time to park this game for tonight lest I injure myself!! :D

As much as an issue has been identified, the user also has to take responsibility. Sending your players for rests for days on end is just as likely to cause mass injuries when they play 90 mins of football as a packed, physical training week is. It's all about balance. 

For example, on the morning of every game, I always study the medical centre, and in particular the injury risk assessment area, this will influence how I approach the game with certain players. 

As I mentioned above, the last time I had a player get injured (in game) was on the 29th Sep, I'm now at the end of October. The only injured player across all three of my squads is a long-term injury that was there at the start of the game.  Taking a look at the league as a whole, Juve have most injuries with 5 at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ZoDiAC_ said:


Maybe, but my schedule is packed with rest and recuperation days, I send them all on rests for days at a time, I am juggling three totally different tactics...

And I just had to ragequit cause my winger got taken off with an injury, then my striker, then a midfielder... all in the first half! I have 7 players out injured as it is...

Time to park this game for tonight lest I injure myself!! :D

Too much rest will be just as bad if not worse come match day, players not fit or sharp enough = higher risk of injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

As much as an issue has been identified, the user also has to take responsibility. Sending your players for rests for days on end is just as likely to cause mass injuries when they play 90 mins of football as a packed, physical training week is. It's all about balance. 

For example, on the morning of every game, I always study the medical centre, and in particular the injury risk assessment area, this will influence how I approach the game with certain players. 

As I mentioned above, the last time I had a player get injured (in game) was on the 29th Sep, I'm now at the end of October. The only injured player across all three of my squads is a long-term injury that was there at the start of the game.  Taking a look at the league as a whole, Juve have most injuries with 5 at the moment. 

Understood and agreed, but I only started mass-resting as a last resort, when I already had 7 players injured... (I did look after my main striker with lots of rest since I bought him, but he's literally one of the only players not to get an issue, so it doesn't seem like it's rest either)

Look, there's an issue, I'm glad it's OK for you :) but it's not for me, and you don't seem to be doing anything I haven't tried! I think I will have to wait.

My team isn't even top of the injury table! So it does seem to be something beyond just what the user can control...

Edited by ZoDiAC_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I take it this must be related to certain tactical set ups? My squad has gone the whole of October without picking up a single injury.

Same here - I have zero injuries in my whole squad and am 24th in the injury table.

image.thumb.png.392ad531bd01a159ff2a4507345fd702.png

Edited by rdbayly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZoDiAC_ said:


My team isn't even top of the injury table! So it does seem to be something beyond just what the user can control...

What league are you managing in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the PL. Anyway I'm off for the night, need to get into something else.

Heh. A bug gets confirmed and people come out saying "it doesn't affect me!" Sure I've done that plenty of times.

Well good for you - why aren't you busy playing? :D

Edited by ZoDiAC_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am starting to have a real issue with players complaining all the time. I mean, it was fairly bad in 18 but this one is going a bit too far.

I’ve started a few saves now, and every single one, fringe players start forcing moves away within 4 games or so which then upsets the rest of the squad. 

On my Arsenal save, Cech and Martinez have both publicly complained about not playing despite both being rotation and backup options respectively and Cech has actually started a few games.

It feels far too unbalanced for my liking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you do something about players always tired I have to send 2 of them on bloody holiday for a week because don't matter what kind of training I do low /med/ high they cant reach the next game fit , this are 20 years old people that do this as job they should be fit all the time , look like a squad of old ladies needed a rest after every game. And another things that as been there since the dawn of time players complain that don't play enough after no long they either been out for injury or few week after starting playing, let tune the moaning down please.

Edited by Relik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I need to use my own injury edited file again to increase injuries and make the game more realistic?  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I've become obsessed with is scouting, on my first save I had few options turned off, but as the reports come in I read them all and love the finer details in the report cards, like my DoF already had a report when hired as I always get a recommendation if the option is there, but he has come back couple of months in the the centre I recommend this player he worked with. And the this player doesn't quite fit meet all the criteria but he's worth a look. All reports to me now, when I scout player who I'm serious about I do it hard, first 100% knowledge, then if I think I Will make a move for him have a couple of scouts scout him for a month and then 3 months before end of season highest rated scout/dof scout for 3 months, all data relevant. I love this scouting centre though it does make match to match slow, but I want all info available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, craiigman said:

But it's still working, mainly due to crosses coming in, that's what I'm saying. Without wingers or wingbacks putting in crosses, there is no real chances being created.

Its not easy, it takes a lot of effort, and i doubt it will stay like that for long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Purple Bane said:

Didn't want to mention it in the bug forum, as nobody has time to read a stream of 'Not technically a bug' but transfers are ****ing mental in this one so far.

The standard Kane to United for far less than Spurs would ever accept, now has Hazard to Liverpool (Both teams in the CL, neither won anything season prior) for £65m with potential add ons to £91m..,.fee hardly the issue mind. Salah to Madrid for £103m seems sensible in comparison but it does feel like the game still doesn't know how to deal with the biggest transfers.

This is frustrating. In the last version, as Liverpool, I bought Kane for £90m in the first season and that was game over. A goal a game.

They would never sell him for £90m. Even worse, despite two world player of the year awards, nobody ever made a bid for him. As if Real and Barca wouldn't both throw at least £150m-£200m at you straight away.

Likewise, nobody bid for Salah who was immense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found an issue with the tactic screen look as you drag player from left to right the box comes and covers all the players names and positions

 

Image.thumb.png.6d520dac85e4f1c55ac8caa92f58f730.png

 

and would it be possible to have the Club and Player image seperated to fill the space void rather than having them overlapping and leave space.

 

Maybe even try the Players Nation - Club - Player Face then Attribute circle

 

Just an idea

Image1.thumb.png.08f3ba4c2c80f65ec06feb55e923a3fd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm noticing a huge percentage of conceded chances can be traced back to a short misplaced lateral pass. It seems to be a very specific and over relied upon trigger, that such an easy pass is misplaced resulting in counter attacks.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZoDiAC_ said:


Maybe, but my schedule is packed with rest and recuperation days, I send them all on rests for days at a time, I am juggling three totally different tactics...

And I just had to ragequit cause my winger got taken off with an injury, then my striker, then a midfielder... all in the first half! I have 7 players out injured as it is...

Time to park this game for tonight lest I injure myself!! :D

I've got 52% fewer injuries than expected, and I'm in late April now. I wonder if this has something to do with the lower leagues vs higher levels.

@Seb Wassell: Sorry to tag you, but I posted about the lack of injuries in lower leagues (semi-pro) in the FM18 Beta as well, if I don't remember wrong. Were that ever changed? I've had ZERO training injuries the whole season, and I find that quite unlikely...

image.thumb.png.2b1bcdcf7031ecbce3f8cb862dc0efd2.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that at least here I can complain, it's very sad how inaccurate is the serie A data. By now I am checking just Juventus and I found already a ton of mistakes about contracts, players in loan etc. I can't imagine about less important teams
I am very disappointed and I didn't even received a reply for the mistakes reported

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, XaW said:

I've got 52% fewer injuries than expected, and I'm in late April now. I wonder if this has something to do with the lower leagues vs higher levels.

 

Most of the people posting about large amounts of injuries seem to be managing in the EPL, It's not a league I manage in very often, does the game replicate its more physical nature compared to other leagues do you know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I hope that at least here I can complain, it's very sad how inaccurate is the serie A data. By now I am checking just Juventus and I found already a ton of mistakes about contracts, players in loan etc. I can't imagine about less important teams
I am very disappointed and I didn't even received a reply for the mistakes reported

You can list any inaccuracies along with evidence in the data section they will be received however it might not be instant as the nation researcher will have regular day jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minuto fa, Barside ha scritto:

You can list any inaccuracies along with evidence in the data section.

It's what I am doing but it's sad that 10 days before the release there are still a ton of things to edit and to be honest after not even getting 1 reply or anything I am thinking to do it for myself with the editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On FMT when you click tactics in game is doesn't nothing. You have to wait for the drop down, then select tactics. On full game you can just click tactics and it comes straight up.

Can this function be added to FMT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barside said:

You can list any inaccuracies along with evidence in the data section they will be received however it might not be instant as the nation researcher will have regular day jobs.

In fairness he did it to the point of rudeness, hence no replies from the researcher to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

This is frustrating. In the last version, as Liverpool, I bought Kane for £90m in the first season and that was game over. A goal a game.

They would never sell him for £90m. Even worse, despite two world player of the year awards, nobody ever made a bid for him. As if Real and Barca wouldn't both throw at least £150m-£200m at you straight away.

Likewise, nobody bid for Salah who was immense.

How are you getting those kinda returns from Kane? I’m playing as spurs and can’t get a huge amount out of him. He’s got 20 goals but I feel like he could easily have 30-40 if he played well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XaW said:

It's one of the more obscure rules. Another one is that you cannot score an own goal from a goalkick. Should the keeper do so, the rule is a corner kick instead.

Has this rule ever been invoked in senior football?

Surely it makes more sense to have it the keeper gets sent off and investigated for match fixing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, enigmatic said:

Has this rule ever been invoked in senior football?

Surely it makes more sense to have it the keeper gets sent off and investigated for match fixing...

Not that I know of, but I'm guessing the rule must be there for a reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...