Football Manager 2018 Announcement

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

Any more info on when we might get informed about New Features. 

There's still the opening posts indicating it'll be toward the end of September. Nothing more, except the odd small addition that Miles tweeted about.

12 hours ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

Does anyone else think it is really silly marketing to release the new features in the same week that FIFA 18 will come out? Start of September would be an ideal time to release the new features IMO.

The FM2018 as someone mentioned earlier will be more Football Drama Simulator. FIFA18 have got this down to a 'T' with The Journey of Alex Hunter, and now expanded it into Career Mode.  Obviously less tactics related, but FIFA is now a genuine contender for where FM18 is heading.

I'm definitely buying FIFA18. I came on here to buy FM18, after FM16 was my last version. I will wait for further announcements...

I haven't played FM since '16 which was the Touch version. I didn't have time in my life to play 17, too addictive, but actually way too easy. Newgens and young's being the best of the best, TopGun. Too easy to clean sweep and win everything with a non-league team rising through the ranks. After that, you've effectively 'clocked' the game.  Hope FM18 is more of a challenge.

If you get the full version, it can only be played on the PC/MAC desktop, but if you want the mobile version then you have to play Touch version on both desktop and iPad for instance?  Interested to see what features the full version has that the Touch doesn't in FM18. If its just useless clicks, then Touch probably will have more longevity...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, streety said:

I'm waiting for some snippet of information about whats being included in FM18, Hopefully before the 25% off on steam stops..well that's the plan..

We've already said there is due to be an announcement prior to the 'Contract Extension Bonus' ends. Thanks. 

2 things I'd like to see are a camera angle from the dugout and when you create your manager say what position he used to play. The camera I think would add a great deal of realism to the game and if you say your manager was a defender then the defense training stat would increase quicker, or something like that. Nothing too fancy just 2 little cosmetic changes I'd be happy to see.

3 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

2 things I'd like to see are a camera angle from the dugout and when you create your manager say what position he used to play. The camera I think would add a great deal of realism to the game and if you say your manager was a defender then the defense training stat would increase quicker, or something like that. Nothing too fancy just 2 little cosmetic changes I'd be happy to see.

Feel free to submit those ideas here. Bear in mind, though, that not every manager was a player beforehand (e.g. André Villas-Boas).

4 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

They had this in LMA Manager! The dugout camera.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but do we know if FM18 will include the Video Assistant Referee (or VAR, in short; now introduced in Italian Serie A) consultation for certain match events? (and yeah, I guess we'll know in a few days, anyway). Thanks :) 

17 hours ago, Michael Zorc said:

Hoping to hear about significant improvements in defensive positioning and pressing options in the first feature video.

If major progress has been made in these areas, I will look to pre-order.

If tactics are underdeveloped again, I'll just wait for FM19.

I'm the same mate, that and ai squad building being massively improved are prerequisites to me buying this years game.

5 minutes ago, Whatawaster95 said:

I'm the same mate, that and ai squad building being massively improved are prerequisites to me buying this years game.

Yeah, AI squad building seems to have been a persistent issue for many years so would love to see some positive progress made in this area. I want a challenging game that is as close to reality as we can get.

Counting down the days until that first feature video. :D

Anyone solve the anagram on Miles twitter yet?

All I got so far is flashbacks to those illegible anti piracy codes SI used to print on the back of their manuals :rolleyes:

edit: dynamic ltefsrn1fa? that 1 is really screwing with my  head and my hangover is not helping at all

Edited by waldywaldy
possible brainwave

I've had a play around besides 1st & Dynamic I can pick out the following words which may have a link with Football/FM:

Raffle

Francise

Medical

Linesman

Finance(d)

EDIT

You can have XRay as well as Medical.

Edited by Cougar2010

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

dfsiltyrncsx1mnabfr

Easy;

Hide contents

X1: Managers now have some tactical choices to make i.e pressing zones, defensive formation & attacking formation.

I'm not convinced the number of letters match...

22 hours ago, waldywaldy said:

Anyone solve the anagram on Miles twitter yet?

All I got so far is flashbacks to those illegible anti piracy codes SI used to print on the back of their manuals :rolleyes:

edit: dynamic ltefsrn1fa? that 1 is really screwing with my  head and my hangover is not helping at all

dynamic staff lern1

Btw just thinking, Miles will be smarter than allowing us to get it with an anagram solver, so he may have taken liberties in spelling, language etc. ;)

Edited by Lord Rowell

1 hour ago, Lord Rowell said:

dynamic staff lern1

Btw just thinking, Miles will be smarter than allowing us to get it with an anagram solver, so he may have taken liberties in spelling, language etc. ;)

so it could be something staff related? if it's indeed staff related i believe it can only be something tactical. i fail to see what other stuff they could do dynamic in this type of game :)

I’ve got “1st dynamic faces”, whatever that means. After that, I’m stuck, but the rest of the letters I’ve found (lrxnfrltmuioao) into an anagram solver has thrown together some interesting potential new features:

Tour of Iran - should be interesting!

Formation - I think that’s been in the game for a while. :D

Tim Farron - Brexit can be reversed in FM18? :p

Linux Format - something for Linux users, perhaps?

I’m on a roll! :lol:

Just now, westy8chimp said:

Probably on to something there. Why improve anything football related when we can have a cooler avatar and an extra design of regen clones. :thup:

To be fair, I saw someone guess that on Twitter and thought that sounded like something SI would address this year.

Newgen faces were my only major gripe with FM17 (too many 16-year-olds looking like Pete Doherty and/or Alan Cork). If they were significantly improved in FM18, I might be more tempted to pre-order.