Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, moyesout said:

my mate playing FM for 15+ yrs so seasoned FM'er, realised that Angel Gomes from United in 2018 is on 400k GBP a week and is down as hot prospect. realised as failing FFP

He swears he didn't make a manual error in giving that much.

He has no DOF, never holidays and handles every negotiation himself- nothing set to anyone

Any mods/SI staff aware of a potential crazy bug or was this a simple manual mistake?

Angel Gomes starts on a  100 pound a week youth contract which expires 30/6/2018, he would have had to have offered him a professional contact.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Angel Gomes starts on a  100 pound a week youth contract which expires 30/6/2018, he would have had to have offered him a professional contact.

He did offer him a contract but swears he didn't offer him 400k a week.. I'll tell him to lay of the drink when playing FM :) Cheers Mad Sheep

7 minutes ago, moyesout said:

He did offer him a contract but swears he didn't offer him 400k a week.. I'll tell him to lay of the drink when playing FM :) Cheers Mad Sheep

maybe there was a clause that increased the salary after certain conditions - number of league/international appearances or goals? Sometimes those are hard to spot.

I wish you guys had spend a little more time Testing the Mac version before releasing it to the General Public, to resolve the bugs.

Been playing the game since Championship manager 93, and this year i've really noticed it.

I have to save every few days, so i don't get caught with "closed unexpectedly" as it suck having to go back and replay games that I've won or signed players.

Plus that fact a lot of mac users aren't able to install straight off the disc, due to an issue, sure it can be downloaded.. but who checked it before you released it...

I think ill wait until the next update, so you can fix the issues, but they really they should have been mostly resolved before final release.

I'm Disappointed.

The game is great this year:thup:, liking the new features over last years edition, but due to in game issues on mac, its not worth playing until its resolved...

The Retina screen issues should have been resolved, its been on Macbook Pros since 2012...there is no excuse for this, the OS is a closed system with an limited amount of available GPU's.

So its not like you have to account for hundreds of different GPU drivers like the PC versions.

Looking forwards to the fixes

5 minutes ago, collectedsoul said:

I was gifted the game over Steam but unfortunately it won't work for me. Every time I try to create a new game it crashes and exits to the desktop with a Windows dialog error box that says Football Manager 2017 17.1.2f903032 (update) has stopped working. 

Is there a fix for this?

You can report your issue here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

Assuming there is a patch including match engine changes in future, is there a rough timeframe for when it could be out? I really want to plan my holidays accordingly and would love to spend my time playing my favorite game instead of hanging out in the forum. Thanks. :D

SI do not usually put out a timeframe for any future updates.  There is often an update around Xmas time and the final one is with the January transfer window changes around the end of February, but until they are released, nobody can be certain.

17 minutes ago, FestyF said:

Assuming there is a patch including match engine changes in future, is there a rough timeframe for when it could be out? I really want to plan my holidays accordingly and would love to spend my time playing my favorite game instead of hanging out in the forum. Thanks. :D

The game is released. Why would you rather be hanging out in the forum than playing?

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

There is never a schedule set in stone for updates, and the fixes in scope to be addressed might not even include the aspect (s) that you want fixed.

Yes, I'm fully aware of that. That's why I wrote 'assuming'.

Need help asap ?

In previous version (for sure until fm13) when a nation generated youth, the generated players immediately could be found in the search screen.

In fm17, even that i have full knowledge of a country, let's say brazil, i get only players from my region, which is Uk. 

What am i missing here or is it a bug? and i how will i be able to see those new regens in the search screen?

Tnx

Obviously i did send a scout. I also have brazilian nationality but still can`t find any youth outside Uk region. 

21 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

^ Send a scout? In real life, how would you as a Brit know about 16 year old Brazilians?

obviously i did
21 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

^ Send a scout? In real life, how would you as a Brit know about 16 year old Brazilians?

Need help asap ?

In previous version (for sure until fm13) when a nation generated youth, the generated players immediately could be found in the search screen.

In fm17, even that i have full knowledge of a country, let's say brazil, i get only players from my region, which is Uk. 

What am i missing here or is it a bug? and i how will i be able to see those new regens in the search screen?

Tnx

15 minutes ago, Maccabist said:

Go to -->world --> transfers and select in the drop-down youth intake.

You can also search in each nation the same way.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Go to -->world --> transfers and select in the drop-down youth intake.

You can also search in each nation the same way.

I know that but in that way i need to enter into every player. In previous versions i would enter the search screen and see all the new regens. 

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

When you select the youth intake tab, all newgens are listed.

Yes, i am familiar with the youth intake screen. But, if i have full knowledge of a country i come their youth players can`t be found in the search screen?

16 minutes ago, Maccabist said:

Yes, i am familiar with the youth intake screen. But, if i have full knowledge of a country i come their youth players can`t be found in the search screen?

That's by default and not new in FM 2017.  It changed some years ago. "Search" is not a scouting tool. You can use the in-game editor to activate "show all players in search".

I think you're right. Can't find a way either. It is though. I was audacious enough to get going without the creator.
Let's just say it didn't work out. So i was thinking about starting all over again WITH the creator this time.
It is kind of odd it's not an option. Something for the features thread maybe?!

2 minutes ago, roykela said:

I think you're right. Can't find a way either. It is though. I was audacious enough to get going without the creator.
Let's just say it didn't work out. So i was thinking about starting all over again WITH the creator this time.
It is kind of odd it's not an option. Something for the features thread maybe?!

Maybe.. bear in mind the creator doesn't really give you advice or anything, it only goes through the various choices available to you.... anyone who knows the tactics screen will know all those options really...  you can get good tactical advice from your staff this year though.. they will tell you if you have too many support roles etc, which is nice.

6 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Maybe.. bear in mind the creator doesn't really give you advice or anything, it only goes through the various choices available to you.... anyone who knows the tactics screen will know all those options really...  you can get good tactical advice from your staff this year though.. they will tell you if you have too many support roles etc, which is nice.

That is true. Although everytime i've trusted the advice it has gone even worse than it already have.
I just like the way the information is presented to me, step by step. I find it easier to get to grips with everything; if my brain hasn't deteriorated completely.

I think i will like the FM17 after the FM16 was imho pretty disapointing and the only thing making me play it was the CaC mode.

In FM17 i also play the CaC mode which now recognizes Affiliate Teams (the reserve squads) and changes their name too.

Creating new Players follows a better "Player-Position" logic.

Sadly neither my Trikot Desing is saved for aonther CaC start nor can i colour my Stadium which is this year Red instead of a neutral White (as my Colours are Blue-Yellow and a Red Stadium fits not at all!).

Also i would like to exchange the Reserve Teams that play in the 3rd league for real Clubs bcs Bremen II or Mainz II etc. do not matter to me.

Starting as 3rd Legue Club targetting for a 16th Place isnt easy but i remove trash and create 2 or 3 youth Players of 18rs that may develop over time with the Club making it not only a Manager but sorft of Roleplay game.

Why did you remove the Left/Right Feet Rating from the Player overview page and moved it to the development-tactical page?

Creating a tactic is much easier than in FM13 (i played CM92, FM-Online, FM11, FM13, FM16 and now FM17) and understandable.

Thre Match Engine reacts sensible to a Players Skillvalues and placing a Player wrong or right on the field makes or breaks your game.

The 3D games flow Looks much more like Football and ist way less deppending on exploiting the Wing Backs.

The increased pace of decisonmaking does the game very good and i have never seen so much variety in the game like in FM17.

The ME probably still can not do well a 3-5-2 Setup but my Attacking 4-3-1-2 WB is pretty much a 3-5-2 adjusted that way the ME can handie it.

The Heatmap etc are a nice after match addition.

Ist to early to tell more but my feeling is that FM17 is potentially the best FM you ever released.

TT.

PS: Stilll hate the phasing of Players through each other.

19 hours ago, JoggeS said:

I have the same problem with german players. Tried  Köln and no german players based in Germany was found. But Podolski and other german players who is playing abroad was intrested. If I click unrealistic transfers all german players can be seen.

Same problem with non-german clubs like Manchester United. Sent a scout to Germany and all the players he reported was foreign players in the german clubs. 

Does anybody know something about this?

57 minutes ago, Wells said:

I am seeing too many 1 shot on target one goal and im the opposite.. oh and yeah it doesn't matter which tactics you use, before anyone popup and blame it is the tactic.

I've just had six games in a row where the opposition scored with their first shot on target. The AI is very clinical. Thing is, they can only use the same tactics as what's available to us. I'd love to find the magic formula that makes my team as clinical as that in front of goal. :(

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've just had six games in a row where the opposition scored with their first shot on target. The AI is very clinical. Thing is, they can only use the same tactics as what's available to us. I'd love to find the magic formula that makes my team as clinical as that in front of goal. :(

I find playing against my part-time GK usually does it  :D

Archived