Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

The problem with this franchise is that the fanbase is so dedicated that they'll never criticise the game but only the player. As shown above.

The problem with this franchise is that the fanbase is so dedicated to FM and football in general that they'll never stop criticising the game and a lot of them really know what they're talking about.

Of course there are some who never stop criticising who really don't have a clue, wear whichever cap fits you I guess. :)

How about someone from SI addresses why we don't see any red cards in the game for denial of goalscoring opportunities?

How about someone from SI addresses why we don't see any red cards in the game for denial of goalscoring opportunities?

You started a thread on this. Have you uploaded any examples where this occured?

It's going to be anecdotal, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a few happen with last man challenges. Nothing to back that up though, admittedly.

You started a thread on this. Have you uploaded any examples where this occured?

I can upload some if necessary, but at the moment I'm more specifically referring to the actual situation of a DOGSO foul rather than the judgement of whether it should be a red or yellow card. How often do you have a DOGSO foul in your games, and how often is this followed up with a red card?

As I said in your thread, I've had one so clearly they are in the game. It's the frequency that might need addressing, if you can back it up with real life statistics.

This sounds an awful lot like what a real life manager would say if they could blame programming errors. Presumably you only view your own games, and natural bias will always seem like it affects you more. I'd much rather there were incidents like these in the game - it's far more realistic than having it called straight down the line

I know there are bad calls sometimes, I don't want it straight down the line. As I said, I have another look at any that look close, whether for or against me, allowed or disallowed. If it's really close and believable, then I'm fine with it. I call the ref some choice names and get on with it. I'm not fine with them being unbelievably bad, especially when it doesn't go both ways and costs me games which all 3 times, it has. Is there somewhere I can upload the worst one so you can tell me if you think any line judge would ever make that decision? It's not even remotely close. This last one could possibly be made in real life but it's still pretty bad. And it came off one of those where the goalie makes a standing save and then is frozen in a comatose state for the follow up which many have complained about. Double screwed! Haha

As I said in your thread, I've had one so clearly they are in the game. It's the frequency that might need addressing, if you can back it up with real life statistics.

Check my other thread as I posted some there just now. Like I said, in six months of gameplay and watching the vast majority of red cards across all of the active leagues I have (England, Spain, France, Germany & Brazil) and I've not seen one. :(

I know there are bad calls sometimes, I don't want it straight down the line. As I said, I have another look at any that look close, whether for or against me, allowed or disallowed. If it's really close and believable, then I'm fine with it. I call the ref some choice names and get on with it. I'm not fine with them being unbelievably bad, especially when it doesn't go both ways and costs me games which all 3 times, it has. Is there somewhere I can upload the worst one so you can tell me if you think any line judge would ever make that decision? It's not even remotely close. This last one could possibly be made in real life but it's still pretty bad. And it came off one of those where the goalie makes a standing save and then is frozen in a comatose state for the follow up which many have complained about. Double screwed! Haha

I'd be inclined to let a bad one go, if it doesn't happen very often. If you're seeing really bad calls often (and it sounds like your are), imo, you should report it in the ME bugs forum with a few examples.

The problem with this franchise is that the fanbase is so dedicated that they'll never criticise the game but only the player. As shown above.

Actually I'd say that the fanbase of FM is extremely critical. Sure there are the blatant 'fanboys' that won't hear a bad word spoken but there are just as many blatant 'haters' that don't even know any good words to say about it. But the rest are more than capable of constructive feedback and ripping into what's wrong when needed. The revamp of the tactic screen being an example. SI have obviously listened to that and are clearly making steps to correct it (addition of roles & duties to the players screen). The problems here come from the rage posts that clearly are people being very rubbish at the game. Then they get defensive. Then the haters pile in in support. Then the fanboys pile in in opposition. Next thing you know mods have to pile in shut things down and get accused of North Korean style cover ups.

This game has the potential to be amazing but it won't be that until they fix the dumb ass player interaction that is currently in a laughable state.

My Sassuolo side are delighted to leave this here for you .....

[video=youtube;TWuWkf8nhtI]

Just for the record, the ref first warns another player for having a go at the ref and then he red cards the other player, the message at the bottom was "He was the last man".

I'd be inclined to let a bad one go, if it doesn't happen very often. If you're seeing really bad calls often (and it sounds like your are), imo, you should report it in the ME bugs forum with a few examples.

I'd say its 1-2 per season. All against me, all in close games where if it is called as it should, I'd have points of some sort. I know it's not many but it still sucks to say be knocked out of the FA cup by a goal when you have a legit one disallowed or to draw with 2nd place as 3rd place by a goal because a clear offsides isn't given to them and they score it (after my team misses a pk and then my player gets sent off....*sigh*).....It doesn't ruin the game or anything since it's not common, it's just really frustrating when it happens as you could imagine. I still love the game of course. Just want to help it be even better

I'd say its 1-2 per season. All against me, all in close games where if it is called as it should, I'd have points of some sort. I know it's not many but it still sucks to say be knocked out of the FA cup by a goal when you have a legit one disallowed or to draw with 2nd place as 3rd place by a goal because a clear offsides isn't given to them and they score it (after my team misses a pk and then my player gets sent off....*sigh*).....It doesn't ruin the game or anything since it's not common, it's just really frustrating when it happens as you could imagine. I still love the game of course. Just want to help it be even better

Yeah, it can be frustrating, but we see this happen IRL too. If you have the motivation to do it, report (with PKMs) the really bad ones. SI are always happy to have a look. Even if it isn't a bug, they could fine-tune it so that it looks more believable.

I'll quote what forameuss said to you earlier as I whole-heartedly agree with him.

This sounds an awful lot like what a real life manager would say if they could blame programming errors. Presumably you only view your own games, and natural bias will always seem like it affects you more. I'd much rather there were incidents like these in the game - it's far more realistic than having it called straight down the line (so to speak) every single time.

It's bad luck, but it is realistic :)

My Sassuolo side are delighted to leave this here for you .....

[video=youtube;TWuWkf8nhtI]

Just for the record, the ref first warns another player for having a go at the ref and then he red cards the other player, the message at the bottom was "He was the last man".

My god you've got serious graphics problems here too, tone it down a tad eh, hurts my eyes that does.

I saw one Tuesday night where Smeichal brought brought down a player in the box, no red card. But then there was a straight red card for what I thought was a yellow card tops, Liverpool players was not in a goal scoring opportunity.

looks like they are in real life also...

The new patch is pretty much positive for me. Gone seem to be those silly last minute comebacks from the opposition (winning comfortably 3-0 with less than 10 minutes to go, only to be pegged back to 3-3). Yes, it could happen, but it seemed to happen nearly every game. Another glitch that seems to have disappeared is the long punt from the opposition that is sailing well wide of the goal, only for my FB to bust a gut to get back and head it back into the 6 yard box for the opposing striker to tap home, leaving me sitting here screaming at my pc (much to the missus amusement) :(.

However, there are still some issues I feel need to be sorted within the match engine (apologies if these have been mentioned earlier. Too many posts to read them all)

Firstly, Tackles. Constantly, I see players sliding in two-footed, going straight through the back of players (sometimes causing injury), yet the ref seems happy with this. Yet a slight shoulder barge and he's pulling out yellow cards. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a game from the 70's with all these tackles the Norman Hunter & Billy Bremner would be proud of..............Hopefully this will get put right soon.

Secondly, you get a free-kick and 2-3 of your players take up offside positions, making absolutely no attempt to get onside, so unless the free-kick goes straight in, you're buggered.

Number three is the way the highlights are edited. I normally play on comprehensive (which you all know is the longest, apart from full match), yet so many highlights start with a fee-kick on the edge of the area, leaving me clueless as to who committed the foul (unless he gets booked) or why it was committed (maybe due to my player being over exposed by a team-mate out of position??). I really think this is something that needs addressing to make the match engine more enjoyable.

One final thing, but not anything to do with the match engine. I had a player due to retire at the end of the season, so I asked him about becoming a coach. He offered to reveal his stats and I said yes, yet when I looked at his profile page, I couldn't find them anywhere. Maybe this is down to me being dumb (it's been known to happen on occasions :o). If that's the case, can someone please point me in the right direction please?

Phew, I feel better now :D

Yeah, it can be frustrating, but we see this happen IRL too. If you have the motivation to do it, report (with PKMs) the really bad ones. SI are always happy to have a look. Even if it isn't a bug, they could fine-tune it so that it looks more believable.

I will try to post it when I have a solid connection

I'll quote what forameuss said to you earlier as I whole-heartedly agree with him.

It's bad luck, but it is realistic :)

Like I said, if it's realistic, it's fine. But some of them are not realistic calls. No ref would call a player offsides when 3 defenders are keeping him onside by over a yard and never once strays behind the defenders in the whole play. When I post the replay of the really bad one, I'll share the link here and you can see for yourself and tell me. I'm not one of the crazies who thinks everything is unrealistic and against me. I am reasonable lol

Just remember, SI need a PKM in the bugs forum, not a video.

Posting a video here is fine though :)

How do I post a video here? Is it HTML code? I'm not real good with HTML code lol

I will try to post it when I have a solid connection

Like I said, if it's realistic, it's fine. But some of them are not realistic calls. No ref would call a player offsides when 3 defenders are keeping him onside by over a yard and never once strays behind the defenders in the whole play. When I post the replay of the really bad one, I'll share the link here and you can see for yourself and tell me. I'm not one of the crazies who thinks everything is unrealistic and against me. I am reasonable lol

Referees IRL do miss blatant offside calls you know

Referees IRL do miss blatant offside calls you know

Yes, I do know. But again, not this one. The ref would never get another job if he called this one and they would open up a match fixing investigation against him ;)

Yes, I do know. But again, not this one. The ref would never get another job if he called this one and they would open up a match fixing investigation against him ;)

As I keep saying, put your replay option to 'goal action' and any offside decisions are replayed in slow motion showing the exact moment the ball is played, and showing graphical tramlines on the pitch highlighting who is offside. There have been times where I've thought a player was miles onside but the replay either shows him being off or its a very close decision. It's the only way to properly check it.

My god you've got serious graphics problems here too, tone it down a tad eh, hurts my eyes that does.

Man I must have been drunk last night, I can't even remember asking your advice on that!

Man I must have been drunk last night, I can't even remember asking your advice on that!

My bad mate, I was just looking at the still pic which is pretty bad, looked at full clip and the resolution is fine, you must admit the still pic is rather hard on the eyes, no offence meant.

Yeah I have no idea why the still pic is like that, seems to be a very low resolution pic, maybe it is default that way, I really have no idea.

Should i have been offered a contract so soon? Basically im in my first season managing Liverpool and as early as 4th of Dec. they offer me a new contract, usually in past FM series' they might offer you a contract at the end of the season i believe. I don't think i have been offered a contract so fast.

EDIT

something silly just happened in the following press conference.

I was asked, do you think you can bring success to this team having so far being unable to?

erm. No team in England won any trophy yet, where in December :applause::rolleyes::applause:

Is that a bug in press conference?

http://i.imgur.com/vYncOax.jpg

Just went 3-2 up against Birmingham within 15 minutes. 442 vs 442, open ended game, they are 20th and in terms of player ability we are fairly even, with us probably edging it on attack. SI or at least the moderators insist that there is no advantage or tilt system in place, yet I cannot help but feel the AI gains "boosts" when they are in comeback mode. Their first touch suddenly becomes perfect, close down spaces effectively, and become incredibly clinical. Also I feel AI managers in the lower leagues are far too ambitious. For example when I go 3-0 up, far too often they take their chances and stage a dramatic comeback to tie it in the last 10 minutes. I'd expect only the best managers in the game like Guardiola or Klopp would be daring enough to attack when you're being dominated 3-0. Yet even some no name average joe can inspire his team to an insane comeback.

edit: i changed tactics at halftime and the match ended 7-2 for us, we did take our chances, but the AI shoudl have shut up shop much earlier on. I forgot which FM it was, i think 12 or 13, do you guys remember when the AI would switch to a weird looking 5-4-1 with ten men behind the ball when they're being dominated, and it's almost impossible to penetrate? People would be like omggg because it was so hard to score against. I wouldn't mind seeing that again actually.

edit edit: 7-3 actually, they attacked in injury time and scored a looping 25 yarder. if there was at least 20 more minutes im sure they would have scored another 4 :-P

After the immediate improvement of saving times right after applying the latest hotfix, I have to say that saving time is creeping up again, and is now back to "annoying". It's still better than "ridiculous", like it was at first, but ... please SI, stop this nonsense and let me save uncompressed like I used to.

http://i.imgur.com/vYncOax.jpg

Just went 3-2 up against Birmingham within 15 minutes. 442 vs 442, open ended game, they are 20th and in terms of player ability we are fairly even, with us probably edging it on attack. SI or at least the moderators insist that there is no advantage or tilt system in place, yet I cannot help but feel the AI gains "boosts" when they are in comeback mode. Their first touch suddenly becomes perfect, close down spaces effectively, and become incredibly clinical. Also I feel AI managers in the lower leagues are far too ambitious. For example when I go 3-0 up, far too often they take their chances and stage a dramatic comeback to tie it in the last 10 minutes. I'd expect only the best managers in the game like Guardiola or Klopp would be daring enough to attack when you're being dominated 3-0. Yet even some no name average joe can inspire his team to an insane comeback.

edit: i changed tactics at halftime and the match ended 7-2 for us, we did take our chances, but the AI shoudl have shut up shop much earlier on. I forgot which FM it was, i think 12 or 13, do you guys remember when the AI would switch to a weird looking 5-4-1 with ten men behind the ball when they're being dominated, and it's almost impossible to penetrate? People would be like omggg because it was so hard to score against. I wouldn't mind seeing that again actually.

edit edit: 7-3 actually, they attacked in injury time and scored a looping 25 yarder. if there was at least 20 more minutes im sure they would have scored another 4 :-P

What would you do if you were down, you'd go all out for a winner just like the AI team ?

Why should the AI shut up shop when it is losing? I can't quite figure that one out.
It's a plausible option for a manager to consider, keeping the score down when it looks like there is little chance of getting a positive result by continuing as is or going more attacking.

It's a plausible option for a manager to consider, keeping the score down when it looks like there is little chance of getting a positive result by continuing as is or going more attacking.

But if the teams were close as the poster says, would the AI manager not think he had a chance of winning the game and therefore go for it.

I could understand shutting up shop against bigger teams.

I said it's plausible in response to RT's post, it will not always be the right choice & when all is said in done the right choice is the one that gets a positive result.

I said it's plausible in response to RT's post, it will not always be the right choice & when all is said in done the right choice is the one that gets a positive result.

.... Or the lesser of 2 evils.

In my first season I was playing against Juve and 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go, I went on the attack and Juve ended up winning 3-0.

The next time I played them I was 3-0 down with about 18 minutes to go, they were all over me, I decided just to lock up shop, getting beat 3-0 is not to bad, getting humped 5 or 6-0 then it could be hard to get the players up for the next match.

Like I said, the lesser of 2 evils. :)

But if the teams were close as the poster says, would the AI manager not think he had a chance of winning the game and therefore go for it.

While the players ability were fairly even, they were well beaten on that day. I'm not saying comebacks never happen, i just think they happen a bit TOO often. The CPU LLM's are too competent with motivating their squads, I can't help but think that if they played like that regularly they could be beating teams in Europe. And the 541 formation thing, I can't find a SS but those of you who are veterans to the series and haven't skipped a year should know exactly what I am talking about. The AI would switch to that formation to shut up shop and stop the CCC's, which 98% of the time works, and try to steal a goal before staging a comeback. That's how it should work IMO, not just magically switch to a 433 or something and turn the tables around instantly.

.... Or the lesser of 2 evils.

In my first season I was playing against Juve and 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go, I went on the attack and Juve ended up winning 3-0.

The next time I played them I was 3-0 down with about 18 minutes to go, they were all over me, I decided just to lock up shop, getting beat 3-0 is not to bad, getting humped 5 or 6-0 then it could be hard to get the players up for the next match.

Like I said, the lesser of 2 evils. :)

That's very much the approach I take, if I'm going to take a beating then it's time to cover up & keep the damage to a minimum.

That's very much the approach I take, if I'm going to take a beating then it's time to cover up & keep the damage to a minimum.

I'm just too lazy to change - plus I'm rarely ever 2-0 down, never ever 3-0 :brock:

I'm just too lazy to change - plus I'm rarely ever 2-0 down, never ever 3-0 :brock:

RTH will be available for autographs after today's show ........for anyone that is interested.

:p

Still too many goals but I guess this will once again be addressed once the goalkeeping and defending issues are fixed and the scores will lower.

I'm pretty much the same, I'll change to my defensive tactic and hope to sneak a wee counter attack goal or keep it respectable, last thing I need is my squad to be so down it's hard to pick them back up again.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a known bug before I log it with the bugs forum.

I recently downloaded a data update to include the regional leagues in the League of Ireland. Everything was perfect in the season but at the end of the season I decided that I would hire a new assistant manager. As the next assistant was still playing at the time he joined my team on the 5th January 2015.

Now I am on the 6th January 2015 and as soon as I click on his name I get a crash dump. I have tried a few times and I keeps happening. Anyone know anything about this? I have the latest hotfix updates etc.

Cheers for the help if needs be I can log it with the bugs forum if it's something new.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a known bug before I log it with the bugs forum.

I recently downloaded a data update to include the regional leagues in the League of Ireland. Everything was perfect in the season but at the end of the season I decided that I would hire a new assistant manager. As the next assistant was still playing at the time he joined my team on the 5th January 2015.

Now I am on the 6th January 2015 and as soon as I click on his name I get a crash dump. I have tried a few times and I keeps happening. Anyone know anything about this? I have the latest hotfix updates etc.

Cheers for the help if needs be I can log it with the bugs forum if it's something new.

Log it anyway. It's a crash, of course it's a bug. It doesn't matter if anyone's posted it yet, they'll still need as many examples as they can get.

I've only played the demo so far, but I have to say i'm impressed. Hoping I get it for xmas now. Obviously there will always be the ocassional bug here and there, but I feel this years edition far exceeds last years. Players seem more responsive to talks and player instructions. Although my only query/crticism is that I made myself with pro (national) reputation, and 20 on defensive coaching. I started with Stockport County in the Vanarama North, and my side was playing good football, getting good results and banging in a fair few goals, best attack in the division. Yet my defence was shocking, and I was taking the defending sessions in training with a rating of around 4.5 stars. Just wondering why that is if anyone knows. Other than that i'm impressed with the immersion of the game, the improved match engine, and the fact the players seem to listen to you

way too many shoots and goals with the new patch!!!! it's beyond horrible... just came back from 7day business-trip from italy and thought "nice, now i can try the new patch..." i don't know what you guys did, but it made the gaming experience so much worse!!!

way too many shoots and goals with the new patch!!!! it's beyond horrible... just came back from 7day business-trip from italy and thought "nice, now i can try the new patch..." i don't know what you guys did, but it made the gaming experience so much worse!!!

Kind of puzzling:

- Improved defensive reactions to crosses and corners

- Tweaked wide defending of wingers

- Improved goalkeeper reaction times after an initial save

- Various other goalkeeper improvements

- Fixed further instances of own goals being awarded incorrectly

- Fixed further instances of players not being given offside when collecting rebounds

- Fixed rare instances of U18 teams starting match with only a goalkeeper, resulting in high scorelines

- Fixed problem where AI teams would sub many of their players off the pitch without replacements, resulting in high scorelines

so what...

since the patch:

game 1: wehen wiesbaden vs. fortuna düsseldorf (result/shots on goal) 4:2/26:12

game 2: fortuna düsseldorf vs. osnabrück 1:2/14:21

game 3: union berlin vs. düsseld. 2:2/25:15

game 4: düsseldorf vs. hannover 96 2:3/18:18

game 5: mainz 05 vs. düsseld. 2:2/17:11

on avg. 4,4 goals (way too high) and avg. of 35,4 shots in total for both teams per match (way too high) conclusion: patch failed not only the eye-test, the numbers speak for themselves