Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

I'd say its 1-2 per season. All against me, all in close games where if it is called as it should, I'd have points of some sort. I know it's not many but it still sucks to say be knocked out of the FA cup by a goal when you have a legit one disallowed or to draw with 2nd place as 3rd place by a goal because a clear offsides isn't given to them and they score it (after my team misses a pk and then my player gets sent off....*sigh*).....It doesn't ruin the game or anything since it's not common, it's just really frustrating when it happens as you could imagine. I still love the game of course. Just want to help it be even better

Yeah, it can be frustrating, but we see this happen IRL too. If you have the motivation to do it, report (with PKMs) the really bad ones. SI are always happy to have a look. Even if it isn't a bug, they could fine-tune it so that it looks more believable.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say its 1-2 per season. All against me, all in close games where if it is called as it should, I'd have points of some sort. I know it's not many but it still sucks to say be knocked out of the FA cup by a goal when you have a legit one disallowed or to draw with 2nd place as 3rd place by a goal because a clear offsides isn't given to them and they score it (after my team misses a pk and then my player gets sent off....*sigh*).....It doesn't ruin the game or anything since it's not common, it's just really frustrating when it happens as you could imagine. I still love the game of course. Just want to help it be even better

I'll quote what forameuss said to you earlier as I whole-heartedly agree with him.

This sounds an awful lot like what a real life manager would say if they could blame programming errors. Presumably you only view your own games, and natural bias will always seem like it affects you more. I'd much rather there were incidents like these in the game - it's far more realistic than having it called straight down the line (so to speak) every single time.

It's bad luck, but it is realistic :)

My Sassuolo side are delighted to leave this here for you .....

[video=youtube;TWuWkf8nhtI]

Just for the record, the ref first warns another player for having a go at the ref and then he red cards the other player, the message at the bottom was "He was the last man".

My god you've got serious graphics problems here too, tone it down a tad eh, hurts my eyes that does.

As I said in your thread, I've had one so clearly they are in the game. It's the frequency that might need addressing, if you can back it up with real life statistics.

I saw one Tuesday night where Smeichal brought brought down a player in the box, no red card. But then there was a straight red card for what I thought was a yellow card tops, Liverpool players was not in a goal scoring opportunity.

looks like they are in real life also...

The new patch is pretty much positive for me. Gone seem to be those silly last minute comebacks from the opposition (winning comfortably 3-0 with less than 10 minutes to go, only to be pegged back to 3-3). Yes, it could happen, but it seemed to happen nearly every game. Another glitch that seems to have disappeared is the long punt from the opposition that is sailing well wide of the goal, only for my FB to bust a gut to get back and head it back into the 6 yard box for the opposing striker to tap home, leaving me sitting here screaming at my pc (much to the missus amusement) :(.

However, there are still some issues I feel need to be sorted within the match engine (apologies if these have been mentioned earlier. Too many posts to read them all)

Firstly, Tackles. Constantly, I see players sliding in two-footed, going straight through the back of players (sometimes causing injury), yet the ref seems happy with this. Yet a slight shoulder barge and he's pulling out yellow cards. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a game from the 70's with all these tackles the Norman Hunter & Billy Bremner would be proud of..............Hopefully this will get put right soon.

Secondly, you get a free-kick and 2-3 of your players take up offside positions, making absolutely no attempt to get onside, so unless the free-kick goes straight in, you're buggered.

Number three is the way the highlights are edited. I normally play on comprehensive (which you all know is the longest, apart from full match), yet so many highlights start with a fee-kick on the edge of the area, leaving me clueless as to who committed the foul (unless he gets booked) or why it was committed (maybe due to my player being over exposed by a team-mate out of position??). I really think this is something that needs addressing to make the match engine more enjoyable.

One final thing, but not anything to do with the match engine. I had a player due to retire at the end of the season, so I asked him about becoming a coach. He offered to reveal his stats and I said yes, yet when I looked at his profile page, I couldn't find them anywhere. Maybe this is down to me being dumb (it's been known to happen on occasions :o). If that's the case, can someone please point me in the right direction please?

Phew, I feel better now :D

Yeah, it can be frustrating, but we see this happen IRL too. If you have the motivation to do it, report (with PKMs) the really bad ones. SI are always happy to have a look. Even if it isn't a bug, they could fine-tune it so that it looks more believable.

I will try to post it when I have a solid connection

I'll quote what forameuss said to you earlier as I whole-heartedly agree with him.

It's bad luck, but it is realistic :)

Like I said, if it's realistic, it's fine. But some of them are not realistic calls. No ref would call a player offsides when 3 defenders are keeping him onside by over a yard and never once strays behind the defenders in the whole play. When I post the replay of the really bad one, I'll share the link here and you can see for yourself and tell me. I'm not one of the crazies who thinks everything is unrealistic and against me. I am reasonable lol

I will try to post it when I have a solid connection

Like I said, if it's realistic, it's fine. But some of them are not realistic calls. No ref would call a player offsides when 3 defenders are keeping him onside by over a yard and never once strays behind the defenders in the whole play. When I post the replay of the really bad one, I'll share the link here and you can see for yourself and tell me. I'm not one of the crazies who thinks everything is unrealistic and against me. I am reasonable lol

Referees IRL do miss blatant offside calls you know

Yes, I do know. But again, not this one. The ref would never get another job if he called this one and they would open up a match fixing investigation against him ;)

As I keep saying, put your replay option to 'goal action' and any offside decisions are replayed in slow motion showing the exact moment the ball is played, and showing graphical tramlines on the pitch highlighting who is offside. There have been times where I've thought a player was miles onside but the replay either shows him being off or its a very close decision. It's the only way to properly check it.

Man I must have been drunk last night, I can't even remember asking your advice on that!

My bad mate, I was just looking at the still pic which is pretty bad, looked at full clip and the resolution is fine, you must admit the still pic is rather hard on the eyes, no offence meant.

Should i have been offered a contract so soon? Basically im in my first season managing Liverpool and as early as 4th of Dec. they offer me a new contract, usually in past FM series' they might offer you a contract at the end of the season i believe. I don't think i have been offered a contract so fast.

EDIT

something silly just happened in the following press conference.

I was asked, do you think you can bring success to this team having so far being unable to?

erm. No team in England won any trophy yet, where in December :applause::rolleyes::applause:

Is that a bug in press conference?

http://i.imgur.com/vYncOax.jpg

Just went 3-2 up against Birmingham within 15 minutes. 442 vs 442, open ended game, they are 20th and in terms of player ability we are fairly even, with us probably edging it on attack. SI or at least the moderators insist that there is no advantage or tilt system in place, yet I cannot help but feel the AI gains "boosts" when they are in comeback mode. Their first touch suddenly becomes perfect, close down spaces effectively, and become incredibly clinical. Also I feel AI managers in the lower leagues are far too ambitious. For example when I go 3-0 up, far too often they take their chances and stage a dramatic comeback to tie it in the last 10 minutes. I'd expect only the best managers in the game like Guardiola or Klopp would be daring enough to attack when you're being dominated 3-0. Yet even some no name average joe can inspire his team to an insane comeback.

edit: i changed tactics at halftime and the match ended 7-2 for us, we did take our chances, but the AI shoudl have shut up shop much earlier on. I forgot which FM it was, i think 12 or 13, do you guys remember when the AI would switch to a weird looking 5-4-1 with ten men behind the ball when they're being dominated, and it's almost impossible to penetrate? People would be like omggg because it was so hard to score against. I wouldn't mind seeing that again actually.

edit edit: 7-3 actually, they attacked in injury time and scored a looping 25 yarder. if there was at least 20 more minutes im sure they would have scored another 4 :-P

After the immediate improvement of saving times right after applying the latest hotfix, I have to say that saving time is creeping up again, and is now back to "annoying". It's still better than "ridiculous", like it was at first, but ... please SI, stop this nonsense and let me save uncompressed like I used to.

http://i.imgur.com/vYncOax.jpg

Just went 3-2 up against Birmingham within 15 minutes. 442 vs 442, open ended game, they are 20th and in terms of player ability we are fairly even, with us probably edging it on attack. SI or at least the moderators insist that there is no advantage or tilt system in place, yet I cannot help but feel the AI gains "boosts" when they are in comeback mode. Their first touch suddenly becomes perfect, close down spaces effectively, and become incredibly clinical. Also I feel AI managers in the lower leagues are far too ambitious. For example when I go 3-0 up, far too often they take their chances and stage a dramatic comeback to tie it in the last 10 minutes. I'd expect only the best managers in the game like Guardiola or Klopp would be daring enough to attack when you're being dominated 3-0. Yet even some no name average joe can inspire his team to an insane comeback.

edit: i changed tactics at halftime and the match ended 7-2 for us, we did take our chances, but the AI shoudl have shut up shop much earlier on. I forgot which FM it was, i think 12 or 13, do you guys remember when the AI would switch to a weird looking 5-4-1 with ten men behind the ball when they're being dominated, and it's almost impossible to penetrate? People would be like omggg because it was so hard to score against. I wouldn't mind seeing that again actually.

edit edit: 7-3 actually, they attacked in injury time and scored a looping 25 yarder. if there was at least 20 more minutes im sure they would have scored another 4 :-P

What would you do if you were down, you'd go all out for a winner just like the AI team ?

It's a plausible option for a manager to consider, keeping the score down when it looks like there is little chance of getting a positive result by continuing as is or going more attacking.

But if the teams were close as the poster says, would the AI manager not think he had a chance of winning the game and therefore go for it.

I could understand shutting up shop against bigger teams.

I said it's plausible in response to RT's post, it will not always be the right choice & when all is said in done the right choice is the one that gets a positive result.

.... Or the lesser of 2 evils.

In my first season I was playing against Juve and 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go, I went on the attack and Juve ended up winning 3-0.

The next time I played them I was 3-0 down with about 18 minutes to go, they were all over me, I decided just to lock up shop, getting beat 3-0 is not to bad, getting humped 5 or 6-0 then it could be hard to get the players up for the next match.

Like I said, the lesser of 2 evils. :)

But if the teams were close as the poster says, would the AI manager not think he had a chance of winning the game and therefore go for it.

While the players ability were fairly even, they were well beaten on that day. I'm not saying comebacks never happen, i just think they happen a bit TOO often. The CPU LLM's are too competent with motivating their squads, I can't help but think that if they played like that regularly they could be beating teams in Europe. And the 541 formation thing, I can't find a SS but those of you who are veterans to the series and haven't skipped a year should know exactly what I am talking about. The AI would switch to that formation to shut up shop and stop the CCC's, which 98% of the time works, and try to steal a goal before staging a comeback. That's how it should work IMO, not just magically switch to a 433 or something and turn the tables around instantly.

That's very much the approach I take, if I'm going to take a beating then it's time to cover up & keep the damage to a minimum.

I'm pretty much the same, I'll change to my defensive tactic and hope to sneak a wee counter attack goal or keep it respectable, last thing I need is my squad to be so down it's hard to pick them back up again.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a known bug before I log it with the bugs forum.

I recently downloaded a data update to include the regional leagues in the League of Ireland. Everything was perfect in the season but at the end of the season I decided that I would hire a new assistant manager. As the next assistant was still playing at the time he joined my team on the 5th January 2015.

Now I am on the 6th January 2015 and as soon as I click on his name I get a crash dump. I have tried a few times and I keeps happening. Anyone know anything about this? I have the latest hotfix updates etc.

Cheers for the help if needs be I can log it with the bugs forum if it's something new.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a known bug before I log it with the bugs forum.

I recently downloaded a data update to include the regional leagues in the League of Ireland. Everything was perfect in the season but at the end of the season I decided that I would hire a new assistant manager. As the next assistant was still playing at the time he joined my team on the 5th January 2015.

Now I am on the 6th January 2015 and as soon as I click on his name I get a crash dump. I have tried a few times and I keeps happening. Anyone know anything about this? I have the latest hotfix updates etc.

Cheers for the help if needs be I can log it with the bugs forum if it's something new.

Log it anyway. It's a crash, of course it's a bug. It doesn't matter if anyone's posted it yet, they'll still need as many examples as they can get.

I've only played the demo so far, but I have to say i'm impressed. Hoping I get it for xmas now. Obviously there will always be the ocassional bug here and there, but I feel this years edition far exceeds last years. Players seem more responsive to talks and player instructions. Although my only query/crticism is that I made myself with pro (national) reputation, and 20 on defensive coaching. I started with Stockport County in the Vanarama North, and my side was playing good football, getting good results and banging in a fair few goals, best attack in the division. Yet my defence was shocking, and I was taking the defending sessions in training with a rating of around 4.5 stars. Just wondering why that is if anyone knows. Other than that i'm impressed with the immersion of the game, the improved match engine, and the fact the players seem to listen to you

way too many shoots and goals with the new patch!!!! it's beyond horrible... just came back from 7day business-trip from italy and thought "nice, now i can try the new patch..." i don't know what you guys did, but it made the gaming experience so much worse!!!

Kind of puzzling:

- Improved defensive reactions to crosses and corners

- Tweaked wide defending of wingers

- Improved goalkeeper reaction times after an initial save

- Various other goalkeeper improvements

- Fixed further instances of own goals being awarded incorrectly

- Fixed further instances of players not being given offside when collecting rebounds

- Fixed rare instances of U18 teams starting match with only a goalkeeper, resulting in high scorelines

- Fixed problem where AI teams would sub many of their players off the pitch without replacements, resulting in high scorelines

so what...

since the patch:

game 1: wehen wiesbaden vs. fortuna düsseldorf (result/shots on goal) 4:2/26:12

game 2: fortuna düsseldorf vs. osnabrück 1:2/14:21

game 3: union berlin vs. düsseld. 2:2/25:15

game 4: düsseldorf vs. hannover 96 2:3/18:18

game 5: mainz 05 vs. düsseld. 2:2/17:11

on avg. 4,4 goals (way too high) and avg. of 35,4 shots in total for both teams per match (way too high) conclusion: patch failed not only the eye-test, the numbers speak for themselves

Just had my first tycoon takeover.

I am playing as Sassuolo in Serie A.

A copy paste from that team thread.

Seems my penny pinching for the last 3 seasons just paid off.

I have kept the best players at the club and had to always bring in a few loan players as there was never that much to spend on new players.

I have just reached the winter break in my 3rd season, we are top of the league, 4 points clear of Juve and through to the knockout rounds of the Europa League.

Better still the club has just been sold to a tycoon, he has pumped 72 million into the finances and is starting work on better facilities, even better still as soon as he took over he offered me a new contract.

Good times, still have 7 of the original squad, 5 of which are still first team regulars.

so what...

since the patch:

game 1: wehen wiesbaden vs. fortuna düsseldorf (result/shots on goal) 4:2/26:12

game 2: fortuna düsseldorf vs. osnabrück 1:2/14:21

game 3: union berlin vs. düsseld. 2:2/25:15

game 4: düsseldorf vs. hannover 96 2:3/18:18

game 5: mainz 05 vs. düsseld. 2:2/17:11

on avg. 4,4 goals (way too high) and avg. of 35,4 shots in total for both teams per match (way too high) conclusion: patch failed not only the eye-test, the numbers speak for themselves

Work out the stats of a couple of other teams in your division. If they aren't as high as yours then it is your tactics that are leading to the high scores.

Check them out and let us know :)

Im not sure if its just me, but saving games in the 2015 version is so much slower than previous, especially if you came across autosave. What is the reason? i have always loaded 3-4 leagues in 2014 version and it was much much faster than 2015.

Im not sure if its just me, but saving games in the 2015 version is so much slower than previous, especially if you came across autosave. What is the reason? i have always loaded 3-4 leagues in 2014 version and it was much much faster than 2015.

What game version are you currently running?

All changes are pointless until you fix the defensive issues, of which there are many, lurking in the match engine. There are too many instances where defenders either don't mark or they don't track runs from deep. If you play with a sweeper behind a back four, no matter what instructions(personal instructions are very limited) you give him he just does not sweep up and quite often plays ahead of your two center backs instead of in behind. This would be nowhere near as annoying if the other two center backs could mark and track as you would expect them to. Instead what happens is that if you are playing against two strikers the sweeper gets drawn in front of the defence and the two center backs both get drawn to one man leaving his partner free to do as he pleases. These are some examples of the many defensive issues faced within the match engine. These are pretty basic problems that shouldn't be occurring and really do spoil my enjoyment of the game and turn what should be a relaxing experience into a rather frustrating one. I am raising these issues with the match engine to give you the feedback you have asked for and because the last time I checked the game was called Football Manager and not Office Manager therefore the match engine should be your bread and butter

Konoplyanka is one of the best players I've ever signed. He scores so many world-class goals.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-3cpO2180GI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Actually one more example of horrible defending. I dont know who the spurs defender is but he runs for whatever reason like an idiot to a place where the pass might end and leaves the striker so much space, it really looks absurd. Its EPL, not 6th league or so. Defending really needs to be massively improved with the next patch.

All changes are pointless until you fix the defensive issues, of which there are many, lurking in the match engine. There are too many instances where defenders either don't mark or they don't track runs from deep. If you play with a sweeper behind a back four, no matter what instructions(personal instructions are very limited) you give him he just does not sweep up and quite often plays ahead of your two center backs instead of in behind. This would be nowhere near as annoying if the other two center backs could mark and track as you would expect them to. Instead what happens is that if you are playing against two strikers the sweeper gets drawn in front of the defence and the two center backs both get drawn to one man leaving his partner free to do as he pleases. These are some examples of the many defensive issues faced within the match engine. These are pretty basic problems that shouldn't be occurring and really do spoil my enjoyment of the game and turn what should be a relaxing experience into a rather frustrating one. I am raising these issues with the match engine to give you the feedback you have asked for and because the last time I checked the game was called Football Manager and not Office Manager therefore the match engine should be your bread and butter

I take it you'v raised these issues with examples and PKM files in the bugs forum, if not then why not?

SI need examples of bad defending in the game to work out what the problem is and how to fix it. Moaning about in the feedback thread will not help.

If you see lots of examples of bad defending in your game then help SI to fix the problem. I would but I'm in the conference where bad defending is more or less the norm.

far, far too many injures. Just had 4 key players injured in one training session! Stupid.

No there isn't. Because YOU get one occasion where multiple players get injured at once doesn't mean there's a problem with the game. It's either going to be down to your training methods or simple bad luck. There is NO problem with the injuries in-game.

Too many injuries in matches. In last match i had 4 and opposite team had 3 injuries in 90 minutes. And just 2 of them are knocks. That's very annoying..

And even bad teams can play tiki-taka as Barcelona. They're passing about 500 (% 80 of them successful)

I take it you'v raised these issues with examples and PKM files in the bugs forum, if not then why not?

SI need examples of bad defending in the game to work out what the problem is and how to fix it. Moaning about in the feedback thread will not help.

If you see lots of examples of bad defending in your game then help SI to fix the problem. I would but I'm in the conference where bad defending is more or less the norm.

They asked for feedback and that's what I'm giving them. At the end of the day feedback is feedback and it can't all be positive.

Finally decided to offload Raheem Sterling who has played AML, AMR and about 5 games at STC since signing for the club.

One player comes to me a little concerned about his departure, I just inform him a young MC/AMC is ready to take the step up and replace him. Sorted.

I'd understand if I told him about a young winger but I didn't, I told him about someone who has only played MC for me. Not major but still would have been nice if he laughed in my face for being an utter liar.

Archived