Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Players are demanding firs-team football too much. One (of many) demands first team, I give him games so he says he's happy to stay,don't play him for one or two and then gets demanding again.

Also had another do the first-team demands during pre-season.....

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok just done a full season on holiday to compare the results from the new patch against the data I had from my original LLM save I started on Friday.

First let’s look at the premier league in terms of results. In the new patch Everton won the premier league after 38 games scoring 69 goals and conceding 46 goals during the campaign. That’s an average of 1.81 goals per game scored and conceded on average 1.21 goals per game. In my LLM file Liverpool topped the table however we have only play 25 games of the season. They had scored during the campaign 49 goals for and 29 goals against. 49 goals in 25 games works out at 1.96 goals per game for Liverpool on the old match engine.

One thing that was mentioned that high scoring games get worst the lower down the league so let’s have a look at the conference north, under the new patch Harrogate won that scoring 63 goals and conceding 40 during the campaign. This gives them an average of 1.5 goals per game, lower than the amount Everton scored in winning the premier division. On my current save file 30 games into the season Guiseley are leading the table having scored 49 goals for and conceded 40, giving 1.63 goals per game on the old match engine.

It seems in both leagues the number of goals per game has been reduced.

Very very early initial reaction is wow. 15.1.3 is just so much better than 15.1.1 and 15.1.1 was quite good in my view. I have seen things happen that I simply was not seeing in 15.1.1 and I mean that is a very good way. I might still come across issues with 15.1.3 but the early signs are just brilliant.

Thank you for all the hard work that has been put into dealing with everyone's concerns and in getting this update out so quickly.

Is there a way to delete the latest update?

I know this should be constructive criticism but it's spoiled all the fun I was having completely...

Haven't got the effort to write an ignored essay on it's flaws in a paragraph. SI turning into EA?

No need for an update at all. It's simply gone worse. Off to play GTA and buy the new COD tomorrow... :(

Sorry but this is dreadful. I just loaded up the game after installing the update, played one match, five goals in the first half all from crosses. Quit game. I'd quite like that £30 back.
Theirs always one...

I should add that I'm managing in the South African second division. Perhaps this is an issue which is more of a problem in lesser divisions, but right now I'm noticing absolutely no improvement in this area I'm afraid.

Very very early initial reaction is wow. 15.1.3 is just so much better than 15.1.1 and 15.1.1 was quite good in my view. I have seen things happen that I simply was not seeing in 15.1.1 and I mean that is a very good way. I might still come across issues with 15.1.3 but the early signs are just brilliant.

Thank you for all the hard work that has been put into dealing with everyone's concerns and in getting this update out so quickly.

Hate to be negative...but this new patch seems a bit of a game-ruiner for me. I've gone from controlling games fairly comfortably (i'm Preston in League 1 and my team is technically quite a way ahead of most of my rivals) to 'you have a shot, we have a shot' silliness, saved only from farce by the fact that finishing from both sides is now absolutely woeful and far too few goals are going in across the board; there's an awful lot of woodwork being hit by both sides in almost every game. Early days and i'll try a few tweaks but pretty concerning. Not thrilled that saving the game is taking twice as long either. Ominous...

Ahhh the old classic adage ' you can't please all the people all of the time' comes to mind here...

There are a lot of people loving the new patch and a few people saying it's made it worse..

I hope this makes people realise how hard it must be to optimise the game now ...

Also it should make people wonder if it is, in fact, their tactics that need tweaking etc..

Hotfix seems to have sorted out a few problems, wide play and goals from there is better now but my god the saving of the game is taking 3 times longer than before, my lappy is only 1 month old with a pretty good processor but it shouldn't take that long

Not too impressed with it since yhe update either unfortunately. Every cross that comes in from opposition seems to be a certain goal, and every goal keeper I play against has the game of his life. Strikers seem unable to score 1 on 1s. The woodwork is a cert to be hit at least 3 times a game.

Not too impressed with it since yhe update either unfortunately. Every cross that comes in from opposition seems to be a certain goal, and every goal keeper I play against has the game of his life. Strikers seem unable to score 1 on 1s. The woodwork is a cert to be hit at least 3 times a game.

They have to balance the game somehow....

The problem is, we get unrealistic striking to make up for chances created. Unrealistic build up play in the middle of the park, and the inability to really show off the genius of players like Pirlo. Bad defending all round, fullbacks that have been defensively non-existent for at least a year, and goalkeeper errors that are borderline hilarious, if they didn't make you wanna kill yourself first. Like losing the Europa League because your goalkeeper ran past an on-coming striker and towards the center circle only to slide tackle some air particles.

As much as I have loved, and indeed hated this game...

What part of it is a simulation again?

When do we get to think, hold the phone here, these problems have existed for awhile now, and or, this got fixed sure, but now these things are broken, and it would indeed be nice, to watch something resembling a game of football.

Carlton Cole just scored a header for me so where do I put the PKM in the bugs forum?!!!! ;-)

Only played friendlies so far but I do like a goal from a cross with a deft header as you didn't get many in 14 although I suspect I won't like it so much when I start playing the big boys!! However we don't want to get crosses nuked so as to not score from them at all. Maybe it's not actually the crossing that is the issue but maybe the defending?

Good to see players actually playing in their positions. The AM seems to play like an AM and the forwards in different roles seem more staggered as they should be. Felt in 14 it was difficult to see an impact from roles/duties and formations to an extent. Even on highlights I get the impression you may be able to see what is going right or wrong.

As I say haven't played the big boys yet but my main area of concern may be the defending, especially goalkeepers. Conceded one goal against Boreham Wood when a shot came in, the keeper parried, remained on his knees whilst my defenders looked on as the striker bundled it over the line. Maybe reactions not quick enough. Obviously we don't want super keepers but I think this maybe an area to be looked at.

Scouting seems a lot better. I love the addition to target particular areas and it seems my DOF has finished his cup of tea as he has started hunting scouts!

Finding this too. Gone from scoring 84 in 23 (didn't think i was exploiting the crossing bug too much - not a huge fan of wing-play - but the stats do show that 20 of those were from crosses, which i concede, does seem on the high side) to being almost incapable of scoring at all, except weirdly, in cup competitions. Suppose the only hope is to attempt to develop a different tactic but i'm kinda loathe to do so as a) i had the team playing how i wanted pre-patch b) i'm halfway through a season so don't have the budget for any radical change and c) it's essentially become a completely different and frankly, infinitely less enjoyable game post-patch. It's not just goals i've lost but control of possession with all 3 of hitherto pretty successful tactics.

I don't see anybody defending it, it isn't universal though so that should make it easier to track down the issue.

Seems to be the majority of PC users, although it is something that I'd imagine would be fixed in a few days at the most. The update has otherwise definitely improved the gameplay for me, less nonsense results, although a wee 8-3 still crept in

The generally negative comments compared to the generally positive comments on this page alone dismantles the 'can't please everyone theory'

Also noticed that usually non-mods/non SI staff often defend SI. This year it seems only the SI staff/mods are defending criticism...

I'd say that's nonsense. This thread like every feedback thread ever has its fair share of haters/fanboys/delusionals/level-heads/totally outraged. The fact the feedback thread is less pages than the same stage as last year while the game sits at #1 in the charts also says a lot.

Really liking what I've seen from the hotfix so far (tho have only played 5 games as Barca). Much more variety to play...more fluid...more interlinking of play with players way more responsive to tactics/instructions than previous...sticking to shorter passing etc

Centre of the pitch doesn't seem so blocked and looks like more room to play (just to be clear this is a good thing and in no way indicative of bad defending in itself).

Players seemed more capable of displaying their qualities on the pitch.

Also better balance of possession between teams where prior to update it was too evenly distributed

Improvements for next update:

-Still taking too many shots when a through ball/better pass is on

-Slidiness/ice effect more prominent again...if it could get back to crispness of the last beta match engine in terms of lack of icey slidiness where players don't slide so much cutting inside or ball slides away when player turning on dribble and the rest. That version had the crispest/tighest most realistic control & movement of last 3 years

-Continued improvement in first touch

-still lots of crosses/diagonal balls but nonetheless they are more defendable and match engine is not as reliant on them for goals with more opportunity for your team to create/build play in other ways. Still room for more improved play through the middle with more chances created

Just to say despite annoyance of slidiness factor the game play is much much improved and the random element of players going against instructions and doing there own thing has been much reduced and just had a Barca Vs Real Madrid game which i watched extended highlights...it looked good in terms of its simulation of a real game of football in terms of flow/decision making/interactive play...it actually better resembled a good game of football...it was really great to see.

Definitely on the right track now with this as match engine is a strong base for further progress.

Seems to be the majority of PC users, although it is something that I'd imagine would be fixed in a few days at the most. The update has otherwise definitely improved the gameplay for me, less nonsense results, although a wee 8-3 still crept in

Yeh Mac users have the laugh on us for a change :) although mine hasn't got worse with the update but it was too slow already.

I really wish compression was optional again because I'm sure it's at least part of the problem.

I really wish compression was optional again because I'm sure it's at least part of the problem.

This! With HDDs being 1TB in standard now, compression should really be optional. It takes a lot of CPU power i assume to compress a save.

Maybe its because of cloud saves, they have to be compressed. But that should be optional on local saves and maybe mandatory on cloud saving.

Well done SI! The hotfix solved some major issues, at least for me. My full backs defend now more properly than before, defensive players much better, goalkeeper also. And it seems that I don't concede as much from set pieces anymore.

Now there is only one more major issue for me: Performance. As a lot of people already mentioned, saving takes too much time (after the hotfix it took me almost 3 minutes to save the game) and the scouting and the back button are very slow. Especially the back button issue is a bit annoying since I used him all the time. But so far, you're doing the right things. Glad that this Hotfix came so fast.

I'd say that's nonsense. This thread like every feedback thread ever has its fair share of haters/fanboys/delusionals/level-heads/totally outraged. The fact the feedback thread is less pages than the same stage as last year while the game sits at #1 in the charts also says a lot.

Since when has commercial success had anything to do with the quality of the product??

In fact, there is a phrase dedicated to the exact opposite. 'Selling out' -

The game has also garnered more negative reviews from critics this year.

BTW - I'm liking the new update, if only because I'm not seeing the same exact goals every game. Which I guess means, well little, in regards to it's actual improvements. Please fix the save times, they are super bads.

Quick question because I can't see it mentioned here. Can everyone see the player roles the AI is giving it's team on the overview screen when starting a game? I can see exactly what roles the AI is giving the players... Anyone else see it?

Some peoples tactics resolved around exploiting the weakness in the ME I guess.

When its patched out, suddenly the game is terrible.

Haha this, my tactic did try and exploit the flanks due to the ME, but even after this patch it's still doing very well! Sitting mid table with a Danish side tipped to go down, can't complain :)

Since when has commercial success had anything to do with the quality of the product??

In fact, there is a phrase dedicated to the exact opposite. 'Selling out' -

The game has also garnered more negative reviews from critics this year.

BTW - I'm liking the new update, if only because I'm not seeing the same exact goals every game. Which I guess means, well little, in regards to it's actual improvements. Please fix the save times, they are super bads.

I'm not sure you've understood my point. My point being the game is selling well, very well, yet feedback on these boards is at a lower level than usual. And most of that feedback has been centred around a couple of big issues. I've stated one way or the other about the quality of the product, just making a couple of factual statements.

If you want my opinion on the quality of the game it's this: if they continue to fix the ME it will undoubtedly be the best FM ever. The additions and improvements are for me extremely good and I think there's a great game just a patch or two away. And I don't think there's been a GREAT FM since 2011.

I'm not sure you've understood my point. My point being the game is selling well, very well, yet feedback on these boards is at a lower level than usual. And most of that feedback has been centred around a couple of big issues. I've stated one way or the other about the quality of the product, just making a couple of factual statements.

If you want my opinion on the quality of the game it's this: if they continue to fix the ME it will undoubtedly be the best FM ever. The additions and improvements are for me extremely good and I think there's a great game just a patch or two away. And I don't think there's been a GREAT FM since 2011.

Ah, fair enough my bad - Seemed like you were saying, game is selling well, must be good.

I hype myself every year waiting for that miracle patch each year, end up having to wait until the new release, only to find the game has either stepped backwards with regards to game play, or have a host of new issues to contend with, I begin to wonder when I'll get tired of such a charade. FM11 was the nuts

Goes to show how complex this game really that the feedback amongst us all is so differing. People are saying that the goals from crosses/goals in general have lessened but in my case we've started leaking goals at an insane rate.

I am Liverpool though so maybe it is to be expected!

Definately a step in the right direction guys, thanks for all your hard work :thup:

My main issue now is long shots, as soon as someone gets within 5 yards of the penalty area they let fly, i've seen some of these shots nearly hit the corner flag :lol:

If we can get players looking for a pass here not a shot then we're nearly there.

This is fairly typical for me, 17 long shots. Its probably my tactics, i'm still working on them but there no obvious reason for it, there are normally good passing options available.

YpTEO9j.png

Apart from that and some residual GK issues i'm pretty happy :thup:

Okay anyone with a 'slow' save, please upload your save game file to our FTP and let me know the save game name (ideally by PM so I don't have to keep checking this thread). FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113-FTP-Details

Thanks.

Just uploaded my slow save game file for your information to the save-game folder in FTP its called wazza1.fm

Managed to play some games now, so some actual feedback.

Crossing for me at least, for my team, isn't as OP. AI defend them better, not a guaranteed easy source of goals so far.

It does however, highlight this issue...

mujp2.png

Finishing is hopelessly poor.

This was against a pretty bad team too. I'm just worried if this pattern keeps up, where my goals are coming from...Because quite clearly, I can generate a billion chances in front of goal, the conversion rate is terrible.

Oh and my 3 goals in that game cam from crosses anyway Oo

I think the game is better due to the fix, although have only played 3 games i am now conceding goals from set pieces where as before i wasn't and my goalkeeper likes to save freekicks and palm them back into the area for the oncoming strikers. Pluses greater variety of play which can be so rewarding to watch :) just got to tighten up my tactic :)

The key here is to SI not to nerf down the scoring chanced per se, but instead, improve defending and closing down in the middle. Thats the real issue here.

The crossing and goals from headers were never a problem. Hell, they are even a joy to watch. But if you do them this often it becomes unrealistic already.

So please SI dont give up on us and keep the good job. We are almost there, just make us feel any difference by playing a fellaini and a pilro. Let us play like Chelsea if we want, with a dominating and strong midfield. I really like Matic! In real life...

Carlton Cole just scored a header for me so where do I put the PKM in the bugs forum?!!!! ;-)

Only played friendlies so far but I do like a goal from a cross with a deft header as you didn't get many in 14 although I suspect I won't like it so much when I start playing the big boys!! However we don't want to get crosses nuked so as to not score from them at all. Maybe it's not actually the crossing that is the issue but maybe the defending?

Good to see players actually playing in their positions. The AM seems to play like an AM and the forwards in different roles seem more staggered as they should be. Felt in 14 it was difficult to see an impact from roles/duties and formations to an extent. Even on highlights I get the impression you may be able to see what is going right or wrong.

As I say haven't played the big boys yet but my main area of concern may be the defending, especially goalkeepers. Conceded one goal against Boreham Wood when a shot came in, the keeper parried, remained on his knees whilst my defenders looked on as the striker bundled it over the line. Maybe reactions not quick enough. Obviously we don't want super keepers but I think this maybe an area to be looked at.

Scouting seems a lot better. I love the addition to target particular areas and it seems my DOF has finished his cup of tea as he has started hunting scouts!

I used to have a tactic on FM14, which I'd use against the weak teams parking the bus. It was very efficient, but it required wingers able to play high crosses, and strikers with very high jumping, because all the low crosses would have otherwise been stopped by the defenders, since those teams were playing with deep defence. On FM14, Low crosses would only work on counter-attacks, against a mispositioned defence. That's what is not happening on the current ME. Every winger can play awesome low crosses, and even deep defences can't deal with them.

It's really awesome that SI listen to feedback and release a patch within 48 hours of mass complaints. Really, we're so lucky. I remember playing FIFA and complaining about the same things for years. Cheers on the update, game is great especially for just being released.

Archived