Should Suarez be banned from football?

jmr

Should he be banned from football?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be banned from football?

Well now you're just being a pillock.

Suarez has bitten for the third time. Pepe's kick was his first major event of *********. He hasn't done anything nearly as bad since then.

Pepe's red card v Germany cost him and his team their World Cup. He also got a three match international suspension for violent conduct.

I think he's been punished enough.

Learn from my chat earlier in this thread

7mmwp.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well now you're just being a pillock.

Suarez has bitten for the third time. Pepe's kick was his first major event of *********. He hasn't done anything nearly as bad since then.

Pepe's red card v Germany cost him and his team their World Cup. He also got a three match international suspension for violent conduct.

I think he's been punished enough.

Yeah he's a reformed player, hence his headbutt the other day. Argue all you like I still think it's borderline hysterical to call Suarez 'a danger to players'. If your going to go down that route then start labeling all players like Suarez, Pepe, Huth etc as a 'danger to players'.

All of this could be cleared up if Fifa simply created a new rule to specifically deal with biting, they could call it a the SuarezNomNom rule or something :lol:

Yeah he's a reformed player, hence his headbutt the other day. Argue all you like I still think it's borderline hysterical to call Suarez 'a danger to players'. If your going to go down that route then start labeling all players like Suarez, Pepe, Huth etc as a 'danger to players'.

All of this could be cleared up if Fifa simply created a new rule to specifically deal with biting, they could call it a the SuarezNomNom rule or something :lol:

"headbutt" fwiw. At best it could be described as an aggressive touch with the forehead ffs :D

Pepe has been punished. I never claimed he was a 'reformed character' so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Violent conduct is violent conduct. Biting someone goes beyond the realms of just 'violent conduct'. It wasn't a Zidane-style headbutt from Pepe... It was a person trying to be a big man and going head-to-head with someone, there's a massive, significant difference. One is assault, one is just someone being a dick. Yes, Pepe is a dick. Who knew?!?! He has been punished accordingly with a three match ban and the fact he let his nation down massively.

Biting someone is neither here nor there, it is savagery, as I've said before. I can't believe you've got me debating the finer points of pushing someone with your head with sinking your teeth into another man's flesh. smh. you just made me question my purpose in life, too.

People comparing Suarez to hitler who killed 6 billion jews cmon guys wtf it was only a bite! He should be banned from liverpool for a year and be allowed to finish the world cup. But if he bites again, tear up his liverpool contract!!

No one seriously comparing him to Hitler ffs :D

Why should he be allowed to finish the World Cup?

He absolutely should not. No matter what the ban is, no matter the length or severity, he should be disqualified from the rest of the tournament as a minimum punishment.

Suárez has to be punished fairly like anyone who assaults, etc... rather than any overreaction because it's a biting rather than a more standard incident.

Suárez has to be punished fairly like anyone who assaults, etc... rather than any overreaction because it's a biting rather than a more standard incident.

If it were a "standard incident" he'd get a standard punishment ie. 3 matches. But it's not standard, hence the discussion about the punishment. The ambiguity and subjectivity, particularly with variances across the globe, means some will view whatever the punishment is to be fair, others won't.

If it were a "standard incident" he'd get a standard punishment ie. 3 matches. But it's not standard, hence the discussion about the punishment. The ambiguity and subjectivity, particularly with variances across the globe, means some will view whatever the punishment is to be fair, others won't.

I think 3 matches would be more than fair for that.

World Cup stats so far:

http://blog.estadaodados.com/confira-os-lideres-em-tudo-na-copa-ate-agora/

The last option (mordidas) means 'bitings'. :D

Uruguay leading that stat.

Football regulations are funny this way. A viscious tackle gives a three match ban minimum, but spitting on another player is six days minimum.

So I would rank biting someone more like the latter, in that, it is inexcusable human behaviour.

Does more than fair = unfair?

The point is others want much more than that and would view 3 games as too lenient.

More than = just to emphasize

Could be 2 or 4 games, anything around 3 games would be fair in my opinion.

I'm curious for those who think or posted that 'he'll learn from a long ban' or words to that effect. To what extent do you actually think recidivism will be curbed by length of punishment? Downie continuing down the 'savage attack' route is hilarious.

I'm curious for those who think or posted that 'he'll learn from a long ban' or words to that effect. To what extent do you actually think recidivism will be curbed by length of punishment? Downie continuing down the 'savage attack' route is hilarious.

It's a poor argument to say long ban = "he will learn!" The issue is proportionality to other offences, or fairness as PMFL says, which everyone has a different view on.

Still it makes for great viewing to watch a few numpties in this thread overreact.

It's a poor argument to say long ban = "he will learn!" The issue is proportionality to other offences, or fairness as PMFL says, which everyone has a different view on.

Still it makes for great viewing to watch a few numpties in this thread overreact.

Yes, I can't see how or why he will ever learn, if he is punished (even a fair punishment), given his usual attitude and the support he is getting from Uruguay's staff, FA, even the country's president, he will most likely feel the punishment is harsh or unfair rather than that he is the wrong one.

Am I reading this right that some people are asking for a ban that is less than the last he served for biting Ivanovic? For realz?

I'm curious for those who think or posted that 'he'll learn from a long ban' or words to that effect. To what extent do you actually think recidivism will be curbed by length of punishment?

He hasn't learnt and won't learn no matter what, which is why we're better off without him in the game.

It's been comedy watching the OTT reactions in here. People are way too invested over someone who's irrelevant to their lives

Yeah, better off without one of the current top 3 players in the world

Sure

Well the other premier league teams are, no doubt where this "ban for life" mentality is coming from.

No doubt he needs a seriously harsh ban but there are much worse offences that have been committed in football that haven't resulted in lifetime bans. Any sort of illicit drug use would be just one example.

Anybody who thinks he's going to get any sort of decent length non-international ban is away with the fairies. The foaming in here when he gets something like a three match international only ban will be hilarious though.*

* I do think he should get way more than that though.

Uruguayan hero has been so indulged by his apologists that he is starting to believe that there is a conspiracy against him

So here is a prediction from Cathal Kelly, a sports columnist for the Toronto Star, in a piece he wrote about Suárez from 15 December 2013. “He will do something insane at this summer’s World Cup – mark it down.

Pretty spot on article from Daniel Taylor.

Yeah i can't wait for the over reaction if he gets 3 games and a slap on the writs. jmr will explode.

I already know the absolute most he'll get is a years ban from international football meaning he'll be back for the Copa America. I'm just enjoying the Liverpool and Uruguay fans embarrassing themselves at this point.

Anybody who thinks he's going to get any sort of decent length non-international ban is away with the fairies. The foaming in here when he gets something like a three match international only ban will be hilarious though.*

* I do think he should get way more than that though.

If he only gets banned for International matches, there'll be explosions on here.

I think he'll only get an international ban. Probs about right as well. But what the guy has done is still crazy. Not sure he'll ever change, just depends if you can put up with it if he plays for your club I suppose.

Uruguayan hero has been so indulged by his apologists that he is starting to believe that there is a conspiracy against him

Pretty spot on article from Daniel Taylor.

I already know the absolute most he'll get is a years ban from international football meaning he'll be back for the Copa America. I'm just enjoying the Liverpool and Uruguay fans embarrassing themselves at this point.

What Uruguay fans? :confused:

Archived