Should Suarez be banned from football?

jmr

Should he be banned from football?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be banned from football?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder what the odds are on Suarez being top scorer in the PL this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he banged in another 25+ goals this coming season.

Will be hard when he'll be playing in La Liga.

I wonder what the odds are on Suarez being top scorer in the PL this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he banged in another 25+ goals this coming season.

I would not be surprised either, Barcelona will love that amount of goals in a debut season.

LFC make the statement that they won't make any statement at this time :lol:

Smart move considering the recent history involving Suarez, Liverpools press secretary, the media and basically the amateurish way in which they handled the incident with Evra.

dan99 taking this so bad

Meh, it's not that bad a punishment, could have been a lot worse. Missing 2 months of the season won't put potential buyers off at all, so it's no biggy.

And I haven't commented on the ban at all until now, just Santa Claus' assertion that this means we'll be out of the CL and they'll be in it ;)

Not when predicted by idiots like you.

I don't support Liverpool nor United. I successfully predicted United downfall that happened season after Ferguson retired, even before he announced retirement. Tell you this, if Liverpool does make the top 4 spot next season, I'm not coming to these boards again. I'm the man of my word.

Just heard. Wow. FIFA fails again. Ban a player over the summer, yeah that hurts a lot I'm sure :rolleyes:

Sure he'll miss the start of next season too if this goes through, but it's far from as strong a signal as it should have been. For once I actually hoped FIFA would do something decent.

There's a brilliant hashtag on twitter right now, #ThingsSuarezCantDo

#ThingsSuarezCantDo Volley a chewing gum into an imaginary net when it drops out of his mouth :D

#ThingsSuarezCantDo Type channels 401-405 into his Sky Remote

#ThingsSuarezCantDo Give someone's ball back when it lands in his garden

Why would he stay at Barca? He's not playing many games and with Suarez coming in he's likely to play less games. Was there anything else?

So his two choices are stay at Barca or go to Liverpool?

4 months is no where near enough. Hopefully the FA ban him for more games.

Yea even if 4 months and missing the entire world cup could be deemed excessive, i'd probably give him a longer ban. I'd probably go for 6 months of non football and ban him for the whole tournament and the next world cup. He could play in the qualifiers, but not the actual world cup.

? wrong about what? Sanchez? He's been linked with a move away from Barca for ages, if they get Suarez then there's even more chance of him leaving.
Yeah. He's coming off of his best (and most productive) season at Barca, I'd hardly think that they'd be in a hurry to sell him. Even if they were, I don't think for one second that Liverpool is his #1 option. Oh and you said how 'little' he's played, funny thing is that he's made the most appearances for Barca (in a season) this season.

Wouldn't imagine that matters if he leaves.

It can if the FA request that it becomes international also. which has happened in the past.

How many games were suspended last time?

What is the length the FA can ban him for?

No idea, but I doubt they want to get involved. With the money floating around in the PL, there's more and more chance that a club will throw the dice and start taking the governing bodies to court. Just look at the Man City punishment for financial fairplay.

Only 9 actual games, and he will still be back in time to score a few against you lot :brock:

Two Olympiakos games. What is CLF and ICC? Some rubbish pre-season tournaments but still, two games against them? Gerrard isn't gonna do it again, you know, no matter how many chances they give him

Yeah. He's coming off of his best (and most productive) season at Barca, I'd hardly think that they'd be in a hurry to sell him. Even if they were, I don't think for one second that Liverpool is his #1 option. Oh and you said how 'little' he's played, funny thing is that he's made the most appearances for Barca (in a season) this season.

Then why has he constantly been linked with a move away from Barca?

Apparently, a Uruguay representative claims the federation is considering not playing vs Colombia because of the Suárez ban.

Are they just refusing to look at the footage?

That would be great :thup:

Uruguay should just leave the world cup after the shambles of their denials.

Does it matter if they call it 4 months or x games? He's still out until 1st November, it seems

That's quite a lot and similar to last season.

So, he basically didn't play against Costa Rica ... mugged us off and then bit someone. Thanks for that, Suarez, you git :D

Archived